PDA

View Full Version : The Ferryman Refuses Federal Reserve Notes

purplechoe
02-13-2010, 07:17 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/50360.html

The Ferryman Refuses Federal Reserve Notes

Posted by Lew Rockwell on February 12, 2010 10:54 PM

Writes Heather Raleigh:

I just saw a new movie that opened today called Percy Jackson & the Olympians. It’s a modern tale based on some elements of Greek Mythology. What does that have to do with LRC? Well, I thought you and your readers might find this tidbit interesting. During the course of the story, our young hero has to visit Hades, and if you know your mythology, you know that the entrance is guarded by Charon, the Ferryman. Our hero and his companions are told by Charon that Hades is not for the living, and to “come back when you’re dead.” The hero’s sidekick then offers to pay the Ferryman and he pulls out some Federal Reserve Notes and rattles off the names of the presidents. “How about a couple Benjamins and Grants?” When he places the bills in the Ferryman’s hand, they burst into flames and the ashes are blown away. The hero then pulls out some gold Drachmas, which are accepted, and they are ferried across the River Acheron which divides the world of the living and the dead.

This movie is targeted toward a young audience who will hopefully remember the difference between real money and paper play money. I wonder if the banksters will learn in time? Then again…maybe they deserve to wander the shores for a hundred years—the penalty for not being able to pay the fare.

In any case, it’s nice to see the lack of regard for paper money go mainstream!

ScoutsHonor
02-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Love this message, and it's so well delivered! :)
Thanks for posting.