PDA

View Full Version : Man Charged With Stockpiling Weapons Was Tea Partier, Palin

Matt Collins
02-12-2010, 11:50 PM
Man Charged With Stockpiling Weapons Was Tea Partier, Palin Fan

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/02/man_charged_for_stockpiling_weapons_was_tea_partie .php

The Massachusetts man charged this week with stockpiling weapons after saying he feared an imminent "Armageddon" appears to have been active in the Tea Party movement, and saw Sarah Palin....

As we reported (http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/02/police_ma_man_stockpiled_weapons_feared_armageddon .php) yesterday, Gregory Girard, a Manchester technology consultant, was found with a stash of military grade weapons, explosive devices including tear gas and pepper ball canisters, camouflage clothing, knives, handcuffs, bulletproof vests and helmets, and night vision goggles, say police. They believe Girard, who pleaded not guilty at his arraignment, was "preparing for domestic and political turmoil," and feared martial law would soon be imposed.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 11:56 PM
Oooooh oh no, can't have the masses defend themselves from tyranny. All his guns were legal and registered (Hat tip: Don't register your guns, hide them shits), and what is "military-grade"? Military-Grade means select fire. They are only illegal if they were purchased after the select-fire ban. Late 80s right? Besides he didn't have select-fire weapons.

Baptist
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
No story I've read on this guy says specifically what the charges are. What law did he break?

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-13-2010, 12:18 AM
No story I've read on this guy says specifically what the charges are. What law did he break?

Law doesn't matter to tyrants. Why some people even abide by their law is amazing. I still can't believe it sometimes.

Danke
02-13-2010, 12:20 AM

Marriage.

devil21
02-13-2010, 12:27 AM
Assuming his rifles weren't illegal autos, the only thing I can possibly think of that may be illegal is the grenades, but even that's messed up if the police can have them but not you. Other than that unless the guy is a previously convicted felon then the vests are legal, his weapons are legal, his ammo stockpile is legal and so is everything else.

He's a political prisoner. He pled "not guilty" but I have yet to see what the actual charges against him are. Anybody know?

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2010, 01:02 AM
possession of telescoping batons ??? :confused:

Vessol
02-13-2010, 01:52 AM
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. "-Thomas Jefferson

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-13-2010, 01:58 AM
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. "-Thomas Jefferson

Doesn't matter if people refuse to use them. :(