PDA

View Full Version : Crabs for Paul - A fundraiser

tekkierich
10-06-2007, 08:34 PM
This is posted in the calendar of this Forum. As many do not check it regularly I want to make a regular post out of it to assist in drumming up interest in the Baltimore / DC area.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/214/calendar/6466458/

When:
Saturday, October 20, 2007, 2:00 PM 2007
Where:
Richard Matthews home
Curtis Bay , MD 21226
410-255-0599
email crabs4paul@richandwendy.com to RSVP and for exact directions as this is a private home

Description:

Maryland loves crabs, and we also love Dr. Paul. After the great success of the third quarter online fund raising (1.2 million in the last 7 days of the quarter!) we need to keep the momentum up in the fourth quarter.

A fund raiser for the Ron Paul PCC will be held at the home of Richard and Wendy Matthews on October the 20th in Orchard Beach MD. As this is a private residence please e-mail crabs4paul@richandwendy.com for exact address and any other questions.

Goal: $5000 raised for the Ron Paul PCC

Minimum Donation: $100 per person (via check brought to party to mail in common envelope to the Paul HQ or printed out receipt of online donation in the preceding 7 days)

Grub and Drink: We will have a traditional Maryland Blue Crab backyard feast in the name of Dr. Paul. In addition to crabs I am planning to fire up the grill with hamburgers and hot dogs. Vegetarians are welcome to bring anything they would like thrown on the grill as well. Beer and soda will be provided and I will attempt to find some late season sweet corn. I would appreciate anyone that would like to bring a side dish.

I hope to have representatives from all Maryland Ron Paul meet ups at this gathering. We will share stories of what we have found successful so far and how we can take this to the next level. This will be an excellent way to relax and get to know some of your fellow Paul supporters in a more social setting.

Please to RSVP as early as possible. I need to have a count so that I know how many crabs to order.

Again please e-mail crabs4paul@richandwendy.com with any questions.

Marshall
10-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Now if we could only get the word out about Old Bay, the rest of the country could really enjoy crab feasts :D

This is a great, local concept for maryland, and I'll definitely be sending my RSVP.

DeadheadForPaul
10-06-2007, 08:59 PM
This is an epic idea! Wish i could go up there

Marshall
10-06-2007, 09:05 PM
This is an epic idea! Wish i could go up there

Yeah you do, because until you'd have real Maryland crabs, you've NEVER had crabs! Sure, you can say that salt and pepper is a good enough seasoning, but you havn't experienced a real crab!

tekkierich
10-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Now if we could only get the word out about Old Bay, the rest of the country could really enjoy crab feasts :D

This is a great, local concept for maryland, and I'll definitely be sending my RSVP.

My folks lived in England in the 70's. They had their parents send regular shipments of Old Bay to them.

That said, Old Bay is good... However, real crabs are steamed with. http://www.jospices.com/

Michael Ingram
10-06-2007, 09:34 PM
I don't know about you, but "Crabs" for RP sounds kinda weird.

Marshall
10-06-2007, 09:43 PM
My folks lived in England in the 70's. They had their parents send regular shipments of Old Bay to them.

That said, Old Bay is good... However, real crabs are steamed with. http://www.jospices.com/

Well I've never personally tried it unfortunately. Is it another local thing where outsiders are doomed to bland crabs without it?

Marshall
10-06-2007, 09:44 PM

Then you aren't from the bay area. Croakers, crabs, and rockfish, OH MY!

Matt Collins
10-06-2007, 10:03 PM
Ron Paul knows how to cure crabs, not cook them! :D

tekkierich
10-06-2007, 10:15 PM
gross.... seriously why?

UtahApocalypse
10-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Ron Paul knows how to cure crabs, not cook them! :D

I just spewed milk out my nose thanks !! LOL :eek: :D

Richie
10-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Trition and myself will be there. :D

tekkierich
10-07-2007, 07:53 AM
Well I've never personally tried it unfortunately. Is it another local thing where outsiders are doomed to bland crabs without it?

Yes J.O. #2 is what all the best crab houses use when steaming. Old bay is a good garnish if you need more while eating.

Bradley in DC
10-07-2007, 08:02 AM

It's a Chesapeake thing--makes sense to us here, trust me. ;)

Richie
10-07-2007, 08:03 AM
It's a Chesapeake thing--makes sense to us here, trust me. ;)

He's right. :D

tekkierich
10-08-2007, 11:46 AM
Shameless bump. I need RSVPs as soon as possible. I need to order crabs in advance.

crabs4paul@richandwendy.com

Matt Collins
10-08-2007, 02:17 PM
I just spewed milk out my nose thanks !! LOL :eek: :DGlad I could help :cool:

ACJohn
10-08-2007, 02:20 PM
How about The Clap for Rudy?

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 08:26 AM
As I need to know how many crabs to order, I need RSVPs for this event by early next week. Please send mail to crabs4paul@richandwendy.com or RSVP via our meetup group http://ronpaul.meetup.com/214/calendar/6466458/

mdh
10-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh dude, I would totally be there if I lived in MD.
Too bad this doesn't work elsewhere, since everyone knows you can only get good crabs in MD.

torchbearer
10-12-2007, 08:43 AM
How about The Clap for Rudy?

very punny.

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Too bad this doesn't work elsewhere, since everyone knows you can only get good crabs in MD.

I welcome you to make the drive ;-) You know it would be worth it. Eat MD Blue Crabs, meet Ron Paul supporters, raise money for the campaign.

This is an image from the exact place I will be getting the crabs from:
http://www.stoneycreekinnrestaurant.com/

http://www.stoneycreekinnrestaurant.com/pictures/pc7.jpg

OceanMachine7
10-12-2007, 09:36 AM

Dude, I live in Annapolis and now I won't even go outside Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, or Baltimore County for crabs. Too risky.

Anyways, I can't make it that night, but good luck and drink a 'Boh for me!

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Dude, I live in Annapolis and now I won't even go outside Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, or Baltimore County for crabs. Too risky.

Anyways, I can't make it that night, but good luck and drink a 'Boh for me!

That is a shame that you can't make it. If it changes anything the event is at 2pm not at night. Mr Boh will be flowing.

Let your friends know about the event if you will please.

nullvalu
10-12-2007, 10:06 AM

LOL.. and make sure to hang up some "Johns for Ron" (http://s188349088.onlinehome.us/Johns4Ron.pdf) posters in the bathroom stalls while you're there.. :D

shepburn
10-12-2007, 10:09 AM
this is a great I idea! I wish I could make it ... but I'm sure you'll have no problems getting to $5000 for Ron Paul!

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Actually I am a little worried. I have been promoting the event for a week and only have 4 confirmations. I need to order the crabs in advance. If the turn out is less than 10 I might just take everyone out to the crab house a half mile from my house.

tekkierich
10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
This event is really getting off the ground! Many are RSVPing, off Meetup and I have just confirmed that Debbie Hopper, Assistant Campaign Manager Ron Paul 2008 in attendance.

If you are in the area, please consider joining us.

hopeforamerica
10-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Mmmm...wish I could. Sounds awesome. Living in AZ is hard when all the great events are on the other side of the country ;)

tekkierich
10-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Living in AZ would be hard, no good crabs there :-(

Start your own fundrasier! You could do a similar one for $50 a head with burgers or good BBQ. Everyone loves BBQ.

tekkierich
10-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Today is the last day to RSVP and guarantee crabs for you to eat. I need to get my final order in by tomorrow morning.

Currently I am expecting about fifteen people including Debbie Hopper, Assistant Campaign manager, RP 2008

crabs4paul@richandwendy.com

Richie
10-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Looking forward to this tomorrow. I'm gonna send in my $100 now. :D

tekkierich
10-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks. Please print out receipt and bring it to the event! I am excited. I made some MD crab soup also. It was my first time, but it will not be my last! I have found a new passion I think.

We have room for a few more at this fundraiser in Maryland tomorrow folks. Send that $100 you were going to send to Dr. Paul anyway and I will reward you with some grub like no other.

Triton
10-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks for a great afternoon, tekkierich! Good food and good discussion with a bunch of intelligent people.

tekkierich
10-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks Triton and Richie.

I am proud to report that we raised $1400 today for Ron Paul 2008 PCC. I think everyone had a good time and we had a lot of good discussions.

Triton and Richie, please see ronpaul.meetup.com and see how you can get involved locally.

ItsTime
10-20-2007, 07:44 PM
Good work guys and gals!

Thanks Triton and Richie.

I am proud to report that we raised $1400 today for Ron Paul 2008 PCC. I think everyone had a good time and we had a lot of good discussions.

Triton and Richie, please see ronpaul.meetup.com and see how you can get involved locally.