PDA

View Full Version : Who & What is Debra Medina? (Research Please)

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 01:07 PM
This thread is intended to uncover information about Medina, whether good or bad, with the goal of increased transparency.

To this end, I just found these... are these accurate?

IF THEY ONLY UNDERSTOOD THIS IS MEDINA’S PLAN:

She wants to scotch all property tax (a plan more Draconian than the disastrous Prop. 13 in California, which was merely a roll-back), and replace the gazillions in lost revenue with massively “expanded” sales tax which she admits could rise from the current 6.75% to a staggering 14% or more. Never mind that such an increase would A/ eat the poor, B/ bust municipal and county budgets statewide, and C/ not hurt the rich in the least. This is bizarre because her supporters are hardly the wealthy class.

Her poor supporters are going to suffer the worse under her.

http://lindseymalone.wordpress.com/2010/01/30/medinas-plan-for-texas-poor-supporters-would-be-hurt-the-worse-blind-paulers-dont-get-it/

Medina shows true colors and will vote for Democrat Mayor Bill White if she loses primary…can you say TRAITOR!!! Not a true Republican Conservative as they would back the winner no matter what! This proves she is a real radical Libertarian. How can anyone vote for her knowing this?..

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/elections/Medina_says_race_all_about_principles__and_shell_w in.html

What else do we know?

Elwar
02-12-2010, 01:13 PM
We know that she never attended a Bilderberg meeting in violation of the Logan Act.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
This thread is intended to uncover information about Medina, whether good or bad, with the goal of increased transparency.

To this end, I just found these... are these accurate?

What else do we know?

For one, Property Tax is draconian. Ending Property Tax is consistent and indeed, the underlying philosophy of the axiom -- Natural Law.

It appears that you think one cannot simultaneously end Property Tax & reduce spending (Read: End tyrannical departments and programs). Medina wants to drastically reduce spending, both from within Texas and from without from mandates by the Federal Government. Having done both, she can both reduce the sales tax, and end property tax. Win-win not only Economically, but also for our Natural Rights.

As for "hurting the poor" more. Every tax hurts the poor. There is not a tax that doesn't. The mistaken belief that taxes are only taken at the initial point is wrong. Taxation is passed through in consumer prices. Lower taxes result in lower consumer prices for every good and service. You wouldn't argue that lower prices for shelter and food is bad for the poor, would you? By ending the property tax, property owners and renters will have reduced payments for shelter. Everyone lives in some abode, do they not? By having less expenses it also translates to cheaper products.

Anyone who votes down party lines has no principles. This shows Medina has principles. If you want a candidate with no principles, vote down party lines.

I will just say you are a suspicious poster, and I have my eyes on you.

Deborah K
02-12-2010, 01:17 PM
Here is a debate:

http://texasdebates.org/video_jan14.php

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 01:21 PM
I also found....

PaulaJO asked :" Don, have you actually listened to what Medina is saying about Illegal aliens?" I listened to both of the debates --hoping that Medina would step up to the plate and say something like : 1) I am against amnesty 2) I am for deporting all illegals 3) I am for securing the border She said none of those things but did say these things: 1) she was not in favor of the e-verify program 2) where the border fence is being built she is in favor of individual property owners against the building of the fence.In other words--it is ok with her that individual property owners hold up the building of the fence. I believe that any property owners that the fence would affect should be compensated very well--but the bottom line is --the safety of our nation is more important than the individual property owners where the fence would go through.Pay them and pay them well for their property --but do not let this prevent the fence from being built. It has actually prevented the fence from being built.Work on the fence has been stopped for months and it may never be completed.I would not put it past our traitor government to soon begin the actual dismantlement of the fence that has already been built.Yes--I have listened to Medina on illegal immigration and she is weak .

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/elections/Medina_says_race_all_about_principles__and_shell_w in.html?c=y&viewAllComments=y

Is there a thread here, other than this one, that addresses the details of her stance on various issues, and an analysis of her debate comments?

Lord Xar
02-12-2010, 01:24 PM

jclay2
02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Is there any position that Ron Paul supporters are upset with her on?

pcosmar
02-12-2010, 01:25 PM
What else do we know?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/search.php?searchid=4603732

I will just say you are a suspicious poster, and I have my eyes on you.
Seconded.

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Debra Medina timeline
http://www.statesman.com/news/debra-medina-timeline-230113.html

June 1, 1962

Debra Carolyn Parker born

in Beeville to Charlene and Ellis Parker

Graduates as a registered nurse from Baptist Memorial Hospital System School of Nursing in San Antonio

Moves to Wharton to direct

a nursing home

Attends Wharton County Republican convention, inspired to get more involved in politics

Earns business degree from LeTourneau University in Houston

Serves as vice chair of Wharton County Republican Party

Starts Prudentia Inc., a medical consulting and billing company in Wharton

Elected chairwoman of Wharton County Republican Party

Runs for vice chairwoman of Republican Party of Texas

Steps down as chairwoman of Wharton County Republican Party to run for governor

angelatc
02-12-2010, 01:28 PM
In another thread, another posted implied that this is a previously banned poster with a brand new ID.

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM
WTF is a "Jeffersonian Republican"?

"Medina is winning support without the big campaign budgets. (Take note Billy Long.) She is wining support by supporting the Constitution and fighting the federal government supporting Texas’s rights as a state. The truth is the notes Sarah Palin should have written on her hand during the Tea Party is support Debra Medina. Palin has made a huge miscalculation by going with the better known name, and I feel it will come back to haunt Palin as Medina’s message is being heard far beyond the Texas panhandle.

She is proof a little known candidate without name recognition can win in America and help restore what has been nearly lost in this country. If you are from Texas and you are a Jeffersonian republican, you need to discover Medina."

http://bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com/2010/02/debra-medina-shaking-up-texas.html

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 01:30 PM
WTF is a "Jeffersonian Republican"?

Someone who believes in the same unalieable truths as Thomas Jefferson (Little tip: he abolished all domestic taxation during his Presidency).

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM
Is someone here afraid of just a little objective research? Don't you want to know what you're supporting, both the good and the bad, BEFORE you commit your time and energy and money?

Debra Medina Biography

Former Wharton County Republican chair Debra Medina is persistent and tenacious in her efforts to be taken seriously as a candidate for governor despite the name identification and money advantage held by Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Debra Medina Biography

She was born in Beeville and raised on a South Texas farm.

Medina first got involved in politics in the early 1990s and served as chair of the Republican Party of Wharton County in Southeast Texas, as well as Texas coordinator of the Campaign for Liberty. In 2008, Medina took the Republican Party of Texas to court over violations in how the state convention was run.

Medina is a registered nurse, having graduated from San Antonio’s Baptist Memorial Hospital System School of Nursing in 1984. She later earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Le Tourneau University. In 2002, she founded her own business, Prudentia Inc., which specializes in improving medical billing procedures.

Medina lives in Wharton County with her husband Noe. They have been married for 26 years, and have two children.

http://www.ordoh.com/?p=2060

CapitalistRadical
02-12-2010, 01:33 PM
Is someone here afraid of just a little objective research? Don't you want to know what you're supporting, both the good and the bad, BEFORE you commit your time and energy and money?

It seems like what you think is bad, we think is good. Do you understand your audience?

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM

Debra Medina Biography

Former Wharton County Republican chair Debra Medina is persistent and tenacious in her efforts to be taken seriously as a candidate for governor despite the name identification and money advantage held by Gov. Rick Perry and U.S. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.

Debra Medina Biography

She was born in Beeville and raised on a South Texas farm.

Medina first got involved in politics in the early 1990s and served as chair of the Republican Party of Wharton County in Southeast Texas, as well as Texas coordinator of the Campaign for Liberty. In 2008, Medina took the Republican Party of Texas to court over violations in how the state convention was run.

Medina is a registered nurse, having graduated from San Antonio’s Baptist Memorial Hospital System School of Nursing in 1984. She later earned a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from Le Tourneau University. In 2002, she founded her own business, Prudentia Inc., which specializes in improving medical billing procedures.

Medina lives in Wharton County with her husband Noe. They have been married for 26 years, and have two children.

http://www.ordoh.com/?p=2060

angelatc
It appears our troll is familiar enough with mod policies. He didn't put this in the logical "Medina" subforum.

constituent
Your research is actually hurting your case...

CapitalistRadical
02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Uh oh, she's from Beeville? Oh no!! She must be stopped!

constituent
02-12-2010, 01:36 PM
Uh oh, she's from Beeville? Oh no!! She must be stopped!

Makes me wonder if he's ever been to beeville...

[snicker]

Cult of One
It seems like what you think is bad, we think is good. Do you understand your audience?
I have not qualified what I have posted. I'm just posting what I think may be of interest. People that read it are free to judge it however they wish.

Just don't be so quick to jump to conclusions about people you know little about. I see this community make this same mistake over and over and over again. Maybe do a little freaking homework this time.

angelatc

It's my time, my energy and my money. I suppose though, that I am obviously unqualified to make a decision without your guidance, and in fact, I am so stupid that I didn't do any research at all. It's a good thing you came along.

Who should I support? Rick?

tmosley
02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
The government has no business building a fence on privately owned land, cutting off access to water.
The government has no business being a landlord. This means collecting property taxes and seizing property for non-payment of said taxes.
The government has no business "hurting the rich", any more than it has hurting the poor. It's poor landowners that suffer from the punitive and arbitrary size of the property tax. Those taxes get passed on to the non-land owning poor through rent and increased consumer prices. I would imagine that rents throughout the state would decline by 10-20% if we got rid of the property tax.

angelatc
02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Just don't be so quick to jump to conclusions about people you know little about. I see this community make this same mistake over and over and over again. Maybe do a little freaking homework this time.

"I told you so" never wins an audience.

CapitalistRadical
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
I see this community make this same mistake over and over and over again.

So you've been here a while, have you? What other mistakes have you seen us make? Other candidates that were secretly from Beeville?

pcosmar
02-12-2010, 01:42 PM
I see this community make this same mistake over and over and over again.
What mistake is that?

Maybe do a little freaking homework this time.
:eek:
:confused:
I would not make the mistake of lumping everyone here into the same box.

Elwar
02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
Enough of us knew about Debra Medina long before today. We saw how well she ran the grassroots effort in Texas to support Ron Paul. We saw her great speech in front of the Texas Republican state convention.

I was privelidged enough to be in her district as she stood in front of the hostile group of McCain supporters as she plead over and over for them to open their eyes.

When exactly did you start looking into Debra Medina? Just now?

fisharmor
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
I watched one debate and knew that I would vote for her.
I don't need to do research.
I don't need to dig up dirt.
After the first time I heard Ron Paul speak, it became easy to tell who in politics is trying to teach me a truth, and who is trying to feed me excrement.

Guess which one you're doing, Cult....

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 02:08 PM
I asked for research, not noise an. If she is a genuine candidate, then this should be quite easy to support. Post information about her. Don't give me the front story, give me real independent research so that I can make an educated decision.

constituent
02-12-2010, 02:10 PM
I asked for research, not noise an. If she is a genuine candidate, then this should be quite easy to support. Post information about her. Don't give me the front story, give me real independent research so that I can make an educated decision.

I'd be interested in why you highlighted Beeville. It seemed to suggest that her growing up there is of some significance.

Can you expand on that?

JoshLowry
02-12-2010, 02:13 PM
IinterestedParticipant please don't unnecessarily stir the pot.

Use your original account.

Thanks.

Cowlesy
02-12-2010, 02:23 PM
IinterestedParticipant please don't unnecessarily stir the pot.

Use your original account.

Thanks.

Oh! Owned!