PDA

View Full Version : Beck sounded unhinged and unnerved today over our E-mails

sofia
02-12-2010, 12:54 PM
He spent most of the show talking about Medina and bashing her supporters. He even mentioned that he has been inundated.

Several callers challenged him and one man from Texas named "Angus" even mocked Beck....Beck then hung up and made fun of him for "being named after a piece of steak".....real mature Glenn....

He totally bullied and humiliated this one sweet old lady who tried to defend Medina....and she was clearly nervous and not very articulate. It was so uncalled for. This lady had even opened her remarks by saying how much she loved and appreciated Beck's show!

He just kept hammering her with questions....the more nervous she got, the more Beck yelled and mocked her....What a BULLY......I would love to kick his pudgy ass for the way he treated this caller.

He is no gentlemen and certainly no Christian.

Today's performance was worse than yesterday.

Keep writing him....

Bruno
02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I just caught a bit of it, but he was obviously upset. And you could tell that he was upset before he even had her on, due to all the emails he got. "Dont' bully me into having someone on my show" and so then he has her on and bullies her.

His hand is showing

Liberty Star
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Emails can be deleted in a second, he is not the kind of person who has a conscience and would be "hurt" by people's outrage. What would hurt him is boycott.

sofia
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Emails can be deleted in a second, he is not the kind of person who has a conscience and would be "hurt" by people's outrage. What would hurt him is boycott.

The way to deal with him is for several thousand of us to show up at his August 29 DC event (Restoring Honor" and pass out well written anti-Beck stuff

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Who all is going to CPAC? I say we have some sort of Anti-Beck event there. Boycott his speech. Have signs or something.

sofia
02-12-2010, 01:01 PM
Who all is going to CPAC? I say we have some sort of Anti-Beck event there. Boycott his speech. Have signs or something.

Yes!!!

We should confront this phony directly. Great publicity.

specsaregood
02-12-2010, 01:02 PM

And certainly surprising for a mormon to discredit somebody that is so adamant about defending the constitution.

tpreitzel
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
He spent most of the show talking about Medina and bashing her supporters. He even mentioned that he has been inundated.

Several callers challenged him and one man from Texas named "Angus" even mocked Beck....Beck then hung up and made fun of him for "being named after a piece of steak".....real mature Glenn....

He totally bullied and humiliated this one sweet old lady who tried to defend Medina....and she was clearly nervous and not very articulate. It was so uncalled for. This lady had even opened her remarks by saying how much she loved and appreciated Beck's show!

He just kept hammering her with questions....the more nervous she got, the more Beck yelled and mocked her....What a BULLY......I would love to kick his pudgy ass for the way he treated this caller.

Keep writing him....

Like I said early this morning, entice Beck to grab the shovel or pitchfork if you prefer. He'll bury or stab himself. ;) Keep at it. Just be persistent and rational. Beck will eventually show his petulant, obnoxious self for his viewership to see. ;)

Liberty Star
02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
I think we need to start compiling a list of his ad sponsors. Emails/letters to those businesses are more effective than anything else.

Everyone, including himself most likely, knows that Beck is a lying professional media pimp trained by dem media gurus. Best way to effect change is to effect his "profit" center or what is lately "loss" center.

Depressed Liberator
02-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Pass around the "Glenn Beck raped and killed a young girl in 1990" pamphlets.

Depressed Liberator
02-12-2010, 01:04 PM
I think we need to start compiling a list of his ad sponsors. Emails/letters to those businesses are more effctive than anything else.

Every one, including himself most likely, knows that Beck is a lying professional media pimp trained by dem media gurus.

I recall that when Liberals were doing this for his TV show, people here were outraged. Oh the irony...

crushingstep7
02-12-2010, 01:06 PM

Let's not play dirty, here...
could we have some integrity? lol

AuH20
02-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Look, I voiced my opinion on the subject numerous times. Confronting Beck in an amateurish way similar to what transpired with Hannity is going to make the entire movement a laughing stock and only increase the divide. An organized boycott with the freaking left would be equally disastrous as well.

With that said, people should confront him in a rational, calm manner and ask why he treated Medina unfairly? Bounce the Palin double-standard off him and run down some examples of government negligence and outright deceit. Engage him. Be fair but stern. All in all, I see a total boycott of Beck on par with the rethugs supporting Tim Graney in a primary against Doctor Paul. It doesn't make much sense in the big picture and secondly it's not like Beck came out of left field with his truther hate. It's well-documented.

constituent
02-12-2010, 01:22 PM

wow, somehow i missed that one.

angelatc
02-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Beck sounded unhinged and unnerved today over our E-mails

Wait until he sees what we can do with a snowball.

AParadigmShift
02-12-2010, 01:26 PM
If, comparatively innocuous emails can rattle Beck's already fragile psyche, eh. . . what exactly happens to his noodle when Debra gets into office :p

YouTube - They're Coming To Take Me Away by Napoleon XIV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8w_2hvluKY)

Baptist
02-12-2010, 01:29 PM

Keep writing him....

Beck is not a Christian. Beck is a Mormon. The Bible warns against those who preach a false Jesus, and Mormonism does.

CharlesTX
02-12-2010, 01:31 PM

haha. Maybe give them a taste of some of their own medicine. A blog or an e-mail blast saying, "Does Fox News employ rapists? Glenn..." :D

TonySutton
02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Beck is an idiot. Angus is not a steak, it is a breed of cattle. How ironic making fun of a Texan for having the name Angus.

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Beck is not a Christian. Beck is a Mormon. The Bible warns against those who preach a false Jesus, and Mormonism does.

I believe in Jesus. I am a Mormon. Glenn Beck is crazy. Can we be friends?

Baptist
02-12-2010, 01:35 PM

Yes, we can be friends. I'm just sick of my fellow born-again Christians believing that Beck is like us, because he is not. So I felt obligated to point that out real quick.

Peace&Freedom
02-12-2010, 01:35 PM
What exactly was wrong with throwing snowballs at Hannity? What, he can't handle a little bit of what kids do every time it snows? Snow is not perceived as harmful by most sane people I know. The glory of We Are Change et al is how effective they have been at non-violently confronting these puffed up political overlords, and knocking them from their pedestals. CFL in NYC even did a snow fight yesterday as a meetup event.

erowe1
02-12-2010, 01:36 PM
What exactly was wrong with throwing snowballs at Hannity?

It reflected poorly on Ron Paul.

catdd
02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Keep the pressure on him long enough and I bet he cracks.

gls
02-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Sean Hannity (and Glenn Beck) reflect poorly on humanity, so it evens out.

Peace&Freedom
02-12-2010, 01:41 PM

Hardly. Exactly who even remembers the incident two years later, other than us?

erowe1
02-12-2010, 01:42 PM

It doesn't matter who remembers it two years later. It mattered who remembered it two days later when we were trying to win over more supporters, and two months later when the primary elections happened.

erowe1
02-12-2010, 01:42 PM
Sean Hannity (and Glenn Beck) reflect poorly on humanity, so it evens out.

I don't care about getting even. I care about improving the world.

ARealConservative
02-12-2010, 01:44 PM
It doesn't matter who remembers it two years later. It mattered who remembered it two days later when we were trying to win over more supporters, and two months later when the primary elections happened.

+1

jsu718
02-12-2010, 01:46 PM

Hannity has at least said later that when he looks back it was pretty hilarious.

fisharmor
02-12-2010, 01:55 PM
wow, somehow i missed that one.

Really? It happened on the same day that Medina said she thinks 911 was an inside job.

It's called teaching them not to dish it out if they can't take it. And if it didn't have prison time tied to it if one of us unconnected peons does it, I'd be all about it.

Krugerrand
02-12-2010, 01:55 PM
I think we need to start compiling a list of his ad sponsors. Emails/letters to those businesses are more effective than anything else.

Everyone, including himself most likely, knows that Beck is a lying professional media pimp trained by dem media gurus. Best way to effect change is to effect his "profit" center or what is lately "loss" center.

Such a boycott will have little effect unless you are a group that has already demonstrated significant weight. A better approach is to find support somebody else to to a better job and take from his ratings. It's a longer project ... but more effective.

puppetmaster
02-12-2010, 02:01 PM
And certainly surprising for a mormon to discredit somebody that is so adamant about defending the constitution.

this is very true

constituent
02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
Really? It happened on the same day that Medina said she thinks 911 was an inside job.

It's called teaching them not to dish it out if they can't take it. And if it didn't have prison time tied to it if one of us unconnected peons does it, I'd be all about it.

gatcha. thanks.

Peace&Freedom
02-12-2010, 02:13 PM

Nobody cared about it two days later either, other than us.

The Deacon
02-12-2010, 02:15 PM
I agree that he just hated the relentless campaign to get Medina on the show when he endorsed and is in love with Gardasil Perry. The push that we did was annoying to him.

revolutionisnow
02-12-2010, 02:16 PM

For the people who missed it. They're just asking questions. Like Glenn Beck, just asking questions.

http://didglennbeckrapeandmurderayounggirlin1990.com/

It originates from this stand up routine. (NSFW language)
http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=179741&title=gilbert-gottfried-pt.-1

NCRattler
02-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Regarding whether Beck is a Popularist christian or mormon christian...

Am I misinformed; I am under the impression that Beck is jewish.

I recall him discussing his jewish faith on air after Coulter made those interesting 'converting all jews to Christianity' comments a few years ago...

YumYum
02-12-2010, 02:19 PM

I recall him discussing his jewish faith on air after Coulter made those interesting 'converting all jews to Christianity' comments a few years ago...

A Jewish Morman?? Is there such an animal?:D

constituent
02-12-2010, 02:20 PM
A Jewish Morman?? Is there such an animal?:D

Through the magic of television all things are possible.

Bergie Bergeron
02-12-2010, 02:20 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul supporters chase Hannity (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5rJI5e0jBU)

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-12-2010, 02:23 PM
Yes, we can be friends. I'm just sick of my fellow born-again Christians believing that Beck is like us, because he is not. So I felt obligated to point that out real quick.

Yes, I can understand that sort of reaction. Then again, if you were pitching for Ron Paul in the 2008 primaries, you may have had a hard time persuading your friends not to vote for Huckabee because he was the most outwardly religious. Religion isn't everything. For what it's worth, here are some Latter-Day Saint scriptures Beck might have read prior to his premature and juvenile Medina-bashing antics yesterday:

Alma 26:12

Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.

Also, there is this from Ephesians 4:

21 If so be that ye have [accepted Christ, then]:
22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

Thanks for being cool, Baptist.

Regards,
Omphfullas Zamboni

fisharmor
02-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Regarding whether Beck is a Popularist christian or mormon christian...

Look, saying "Mormon Christian" is asking for a fight. Associating the words is going to piss of every other Christian, and it's not to my knowledge something Mormons really grind axes over, so let's please just not do it.

I can't substantiate it but the story goes that he actually went shopping for religions and landed on LDS.

georgiaboy
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
please whatever we do, let's not give Beck ammo to cause folks to want to distance themselves from Medina a la the 'yeah she has some good ideas, but her supporters are a crazy bunch'...

Valli6
02-12-2010, 04:49 PM
I just caught a bit of it, but he was obviously upset.
What a shame! Maybe we can help.:rolleyes: Let's all send him bottles of scotch! Drinking will help him relax and feel much better! :D

specsaregood
02-12-2010, 04:56 PM
//

wgadget
02-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Back to the original post, I also thought he sounded unhinged and unnerved yesterday after the interview.

It was shocking to hear someone who continually espouses "the Constitution" and "the truth" get so angry over a woman who he had just (IMO) set up.

I guess the result wasn't as good as what he expected.

Valli6
02-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Seeing as he is a recovering alcoholic, most people that know this would find your suggestion to be in poor taste.
In poorer taste than "Glen Beck raped and killed a girl in 1990"?

But I'll assume you didn't know that.
Of course I knew that. There's no need to treat alcoholics like retarded children.

kahless
02-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow, this thread went down hill fast.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-12-2010, 06:27 PM
nt

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Stole a cell phone too geeze. That said, he was never convicted right? I'm not one to put down rape victims, but lately it seems like there are a lot of false accusations and reports in that realm.

devil21
02-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Im sure Beck has received some VERY sharply worded emails since his smear job on Medina, probably even some reminding him that his tv/radio personality isn't immune to real world consequences. People are starting to get fed up with the media injecting their agenda into everything on behalf of the establishment.

disorderlyvision
02-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Look, saying "Mormon Christian" is asking for a fight. Associating the words is going to piss of every other Christian, and it's not to my knowledge something Mormons really grind axes over, so let's please just not do it.

Mormons ARE Chritians. They believe in Christ, right? SO Mormon Christian would be a correct term

sratiug
02-12-2010, 07:13 PM
Glenn Beck: me@glennbeck.com
This is the general contact for reaching Glenn Beck.

Stu: stu@glennbeck.com
Stu is the Executive Producer and Head Writer for the Glenn Beck Program.

Call toll-free nationwide: 888-727-BECK

This info should be put in the opening post of all these threads... I think the phone is off the hook.

We need a billion emails asking him to expose Palin as a truther since she is on the record as supporting a new investigation. That and the FBI supplying the bombs for the first trade center bombing. And the 911 families calling for a new investigation. And...

Athan
02-12-2010, 07:16 PM

Yeah I heard about that one. Fight fire with fire I say. Fucking Glenn Beck is a pedo.
A murdering pedo. If he won't comment on it, he won't bother to disprove the crime.

Original_Intent
02-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Mormons ARE Chritians. They believe in Christ, right? SO Mormon Christian would be a correct term

Just saying Mormon or LDS is fine. We know we are Christians so we don't get confused and it doesn't offend the Christians who are convinced we aren't.

Actually, that is the first time I have seen the term "Mormon Christian" - it kind of implies there are some Mormon non-Christians out there. Anyway...

As a Mormon I sent Beck quite a long and detailed email about the many ways that he is failing and leading people astray. Lol. Doubt he'll even see it, won't get past the screeners.

Athan
02-12-2010, 07:21 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3qpo5.png

Man.. even stole a phone. What a SICK motherfucker.

itshappening
02-12-2010, 07:32 PM
so when are you calling in Max?

We should target Beck with 'End the war' signs and 'Beck supports Bailouts'

'Beck is a Neocon', 'Beck = Fraud' are some other good ones

erowe1
02-12-2010, 07:45 PM

By that reasoning I guess it would be correct in the same sense that Muslim Christian, Baha'i Christian, and Hindu Christian would be correct.

Arklatex
02-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I sent him one yesterday, I bet someone ready it

i titled something having to do with gardasil, it did in a perry reference actually =) short and sweet

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-12-2010, 07:56 PM
By that reasoning I guess it would be correct in the same sense that Muslim Christian, Baha'i Christian, and Hindu Christian would be correct.

Muslims do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Divine Son of God. Mormons do. To me, saying Mormon Christianis like saying Catholic Christian--linguistically redundant, (not that I am offended). However, I understand why some people feel uneasy when LDS people self-identify as simply, "Christian."

At any rate, assuming the 912 groups turn on Beck, do you think he will have Debra back on his show?

Working Poor
02-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Hey just don't watch him and boycott all of his sponsors that should have some impact plus keep those card and letters coming.

You don't have to make something up just call a spade a spade.

Anti Federalist
02-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Keep writing him....

If there is any justice in the cosmos, he'll give himself a stroke, the miserable cocksucker.:mad:

sofia
02-12-2010, 08:42 PM
Muslims do not believe that Jesus Christ is the Divine Son of God. Mormons do. To me, saying Mormon Christianis like saying Catholic Christian--linguistically redundant, (not that I am offended). However, I understand why some people feel uneasy when LDS people self-identify as simply, "Christian."

At any rate, assuming the 912 groups turn on Beck, do you think he will have Debra back on his show?

FYI...Muslims believe Jesus was born of Virgin Mary...and they regard him as a great prophet of God

BlackTerrel
02-12-2010, 10:02 PM

Spare me. His religion has nothing to do with it.

And for the record I'm Baptist too.

Baptist
02-12-2010, 10:50 PM

Muslims believe in Christ too. Going by this definition of "Christian," they should be called Christian too.

Christians believe that the only way to Heaven is faith in Christ. No works. No forgiveness by "fathers" or getting rid of sin by eating bread/wine or by getting baptized. No other "prophets" on equal footing with Jesus. For Christians, Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. Period.

Baptist
02-12-2010, 10:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3qpo5.png

Maybe this is for another Glenn Beck? Doubt he's the only one with that name.

revolutionisnow
02-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Its pretty easy to print out something like that and create a forgery. The whole Beck in 1990 is a pretty elaborate creation just based off a Gilbert Gottfried (sp?) comedy central roast of Bob Saget, mocking his "just asking questions" routine. There was South Park skit about Beck also.

Bman
02-12-2010, 11:52 PM
No other "prophets" on equal footing with Jesus.

I'm confused by this, because if you are Christian Jesus was not a prophet, but yeah I think I understand the overall jist. You cannot be christian if any other word is on the same footing as the word given as per Jesus.

ibaghdadi
02-12-2010, 11:57 PM

Totally agreed. Follow the money. Money is what can really hurt him.

I don't think we should raise the Medina issue at all. I think his sponsors would far more be concerned about the way he treats his callers, even those who say they've been long-time followers of his show, if he even senses that they disagree with him.

Yup, Sofia, like that sweet old lady who called.

He mocks them, ridicules them, and bullies them, and this can't be good for ratings. He's essentially sending a message out there - disagree with me and I will mess you up. He's gotten arrogant and cocky and it's about time he gets sent down a few notches and appreciated the value of pure old customer service.

Iyad

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 11:58 PM
Totally agreed. Follow the money. Money is what can really hurt him.

I don't think we should raise the Medina issue at all. I think his sponsors would far more be concerned about the way he treats his callers, even those who say they've been long-time followers of his show, if he even senses that they disagree with him.

Yup, Sofia, like that sweet old lady who called.

He mocks them, ridicules them, and bullies them, and this can't be good for ratings. He's essentially sending a message out there - disagree with me and I will mess you up. He's gotten arrogant and cocky and it's about time he gets sent down a few notches and appreciated the value of pure old customer service.

Iyad

Levin 2.0

Matt Collins
02-13-2010, 12:02 AM
The way to deal with him is for several thousand of us to show up at his August 29 DC event (Restoring Honor" and pass out well written anti-Beck stuff
No, then you look like liberals which will be promptly rejected by his followers. You have to appear to be on their side before you change their minds. :)

Matt Collins
02-13-2010, 12:03 AM
Wait until he sees what we can do with a snowball.
Don't make him cry.... :(

misterx
02-13-2010, 12:08 AM

Sigh. Beck is not perfect, but he he's better than most in the media and you want to get him off the air? How about organizing a campaign against Keith Olbermann.

Bman
02-13-2010, 12:12 AM
Sigh. Beck is not perfect, but he he's better than most in the media and you want to get him off the air? How about organizing a campaign against Keith Olbermann.

Olbermann isn't a threat to liberty related movements. He's an ass trapped in a fence.

You know what you are getting with Olbermann. Beck is certainly demonstrating the advanced ability to play the part of a wolf wearing sheep's clothing.

To put it simply..

Olbermann = progressive idiot

Beck = fraud

fj45lvr
02-13-2010, 12:26 AM
I can't substantiate it but the story goes that he actually went shopping for religions and landed on LDS.

he was enamored with being a god of his own planet someday I guess! There's an ego booster for a talking head.

fj45lvr
02-13-2010, 12:33 AM
He's gotten arrogant and cocky and it's about time he gets sent down a few notches and appreciated the value of pure old customer service.

he could care less about "customer service"...

the right wing radio audience must be a easy mark (the people are gullible and not real bright about research aka monty python's "witch/duck" routine)

these neo-con talking heads making millions of dollars only care about ratings.....that means the people tuning in to listen to their stuff.

Opening the minds of the listeners is the key because the neo-con demagogues are laughing all the way to the bank off of this gravy train.

Natalie
02-13-2010, 12:37 AM

Beck is the worst of all because he says all the right things and rallies in all these viewers, but he's really a neo-con in sheep's clothing. At least Olbermann is straight forward with his bs.

YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U)

low preference guy
02-13-2010, 12:41 AM
beck is the worst of all because he says all the right things and rallies in all these viewers, but he's really a neo-con in sheep's clothing. At least olbermann is straight forward with his bs.

+1000

Slutter McGee
02-13-2010, 12:51 AM
I actually think that Beck really wants to be known as libertarian voice. I think he does care about the free market. And I think that if he starts to lose the libertarian leaning audience...that he will care and be bothered. Thats what I see.

That is not me trying to excuse his actions, or argue for giving him a pass. By God, tell him how you feel. Stop watching. Tell him to fuck off. But if he changes his tune, be prepared to give him a second chance.

I once brought a friend over to libertarianism. He was almost a communist and devout socialist with nationalistic tendencies when I met him. It took me three years of discussions. I used the fact that he was gay, to push him towards socially liberal policies. I then pushed him towards states rights on those same polices. I pushed him towards libertarian socialism, and then I battled him for two years over unions.

You can't expect the world to change over night. And you can't expect people to change over night.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

low preference guy
02-13-2010, 12:57 AM
Slutter McGee, I think we could give Beck a second chance, but it would require something big. At least an on air apology to Debra Medina before the election. Nothing less than that will do it.

Bman
02-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Slutter McGee, I think we could give Beck a second chance, but it would require something big. At least an on air apology to Debra Medina before the election. Nothing less than that will do it.

I wouldn't hold my breath. After watching the other interviews from Debra after that interview it seemed very calculated.

Beck got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

low preference guy
02-13-2010, 01:05 AM
I don't hold my breath either. I'm just saying that's what it would take to "give him a second chance".

jake
02-13-2010, 01:14 AM

idiot

TCE
02-13-2010, 01:23 AM

Translation: We can never give him a second chance. The entire thing was well calculated, and it seems as if at least Perry knew it was coming.

squarepusher
02-13-2010, 01:37 AM

Religious forum is that way -> :eek:

devil21
02-13-2010, 03:23 AM
I don't hold my breath either. I'm just saying that's what it would take to "give him a second chance".

Why bother? The damage is done and an apology won't make a lick of difference to the voters that he may have influenced by painting Medina as anything but level-headed. Just see him for what he is, just another owned pundit, and move on. Don't people learn lessons from stuff like this?

Baptist
02-13-2010, 03:54 AM
What is all the "second chance" talk? Why don't you guys add a few zeros to that number. How can you guys still consider giving this guy a 200th chance?

Seriously. Am I the ONLY person on these forums who does not own a TV? You people who watch his show think you have proper discernment, but you are brainwashed like all the "sheeple" you make fun of. If you get rid of your TV for 3 months, and then watch an episode of Glenn Beck, you will see how ridiculous he really is. From my vantage point, from the outside looking in, I can't even comprehend how somebody who frequents these forums could even contemplate the fact that Glenn Beck is real and cares.

GET RID OF YOUR TV. Please. If even for 3 months. Then go back to watching it, and I guarantee you will see all the propaganda in a whole new light. As long as you continue to watch TV, you will continue to be brainwashed. Not as much as all the sheeple we continually bash, but you still are. Please, if you don't have the strength to get rid of your propaganda box, at least stop watching Fox News for 3 months. I guarantee that if you do, you will NEVER be able to watch it again. You will then see how ridiculous and repulsive that channel is. I hate everything about Fox News.

[edit] Yes we all know that Napalitano is great. But I'm not about to wade through the sewer to find a gem that somebody flushed down the toilet. You can watch Napolitano online. You don't need the freaking matrix box.

american.swan
02-13-2010, 06:03 AM
I doubt Beck is reading a lot of emails. What's probably happening is his writers are giving him the jist that his job on Medina backfired and he's upset.

John of Des Moines
02-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Give Beck a second chance??? Get with it dude. He has said at one time or another said Ron Paul supporters and 9-11 Truth people are terrorists and should be rounded up and put in camps. He's also has said that the 9-11 Truth people want to kill the President. He is a wholly owned corporate / government controlled propagandist stooge.

Give Beck a second chance, oh that's rich, real rich.

moostraks
02-13-2010, 07:47 AM
What is all the "second chance" talk? Why don't you guys add a few zeros to that number. How can you guys still consider giving this guy a 200th chance?

Seriously. Am I the ONLY person on these forums who does not own a TV? You people who watch his show think you have proper discernment, but you are brainwashed like all the "sheeple" you make fun of. If you get rid of your TV for 3 months, and then watch an episode of Glenn Beck, you will see how ridiculous he really is. From my vantage point, from the outside looking in, I can't even comprehend how somebody who frequents these forums could even contemplate the fact that Glenn Beck is real and cares.

GET RID OF YOUR TV. Please. If even for 3 months. Then go back to watching it, and I guarantee you will see all the propaganda in a whole new light. As long as you continue to watch TV, you will continue to be brainwashed. Not as much as all the sheeple we continually bash, but you still are. Please, if you don't have the strength to get rid of your propaganda box, at least stop watching Fox News for 3 months. I guarantee that if you do, you will NEVER be able to watch it again. You will then see how ridiculous and repulsive that channel is. I hate everything about Fox News.

[edit] Yes we all know that Napalitano is great. But I'm not about to wade through the sewer to find a gem that somebody flushed down the toilet. You can watch Napolitano online. You don't need the freaking matrix box.

Just a bit of fyi, the state of Alabama csb felt it was abusive to not allow children television as it was limiting their exposure to popular culture and stunting their later ability towards healthy peer interaction. How's that for amusing?

constituent
02-13-2010, 08:03 AM
You must be thinking of somebody else. He is currently a Mormon and was raised Roman Catholic.

I knew I smelled the jesuits tangled up in all this...

klamath
02-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Flash
02-13-2010, 10:25 AM
I suggest we do something new. Many people tried all the angry letter writing campaigns and snowball throwing for RP. You know what RP ended up gathering 5% of the vote.
Why don't we try ignoring a man that is bat shit unstable and concentrate on good tv personallites? The only thing that will hurt Beck is to be ignored. As far as I know the neilsons don't ask viewers if they are hating the show that they are watching. All that matters is that YOU ARE watching. Cha Ching!

Even if all of us Ron Paul fans turned off Glenn Beck, his show would still reign supreme on cable news.

Valli6
02-13-2010, 10:39 AM
...But if he changes his tune, be prepared to give him a second chance.
Geez, just when I thought I might never have to see another "Beck's-seen-the-light-he's on-our-side..." thread!

Valli6
02-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Even if all of us Ron Paul fans turned off Glenn Beck, his show would still reign supreme on cable news.
Maybe not.
At this website http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news , you can compare ratings.

From Thurs, 2/11 (day of Medina smear):
Glenn Beck – 2,623,000 viewers (692,000) (1,178,000)
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/12/cable-news-ratings-for-thursday-february-11-2010/41895#more-41895

From Wed, 2/10:
Glenn Beck – 2,969,000 viewers (777,000) (1,405,000)
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/11/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-february-10-2010/41786#more-41786

From the previous Thursday, 2/4:
Glenn Beck – 2,977,000 viewers (842,000) (1,562,000)

Becks ratings appear to have dropped at the moment. No friday ratings posted yet. I'm not sure what the numbers in parenthesis represent - anyone els more familiar with this sort of thing?

itshappening
02-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Give Beck a second chance??? Get with it dude. He has said at one time or another said Ron Paul supporters and 9-11 Truth people are terrorists and should be rounded up and put in camps. He's also has said that the 9-11 Truth people want to kill the President. He is a wholly owned corporate / government controlled propagandist stooge.

Give Beck a second chance, oh that's rich, real rich.

I agree, Beck is finished and should be public enemy number 1 for this movement./ we must work hard to expose Beck as he is dangerous because he poses as an ally.

I encourage everyone to snowball and attack Beck with anti-war signs and signs pointing out that Beck supported the bailouts and is a neocon

coyote_sprit
02-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Maybe not.
At this website http://tvbythenumbers.com/category/ratings/cable-news , you can compare ratings.

From Thurs, 2/11 (day of Medina smear):
Glenn Beck – 2,623,000 viewers (692,000) (1,178,000)
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/12/cable-news-ratings-for-thursday-february-11-2010/41895#more-41895

From Wed, 2/10:
Glenn Beck – 2,969,000 viewers (777,000) (1,405,000)
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/11/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-february-10-2010/41786#more-41786

From the previous Thursday, 2/4:
Glenn Beck – 2,977,000 viewers (842,000) (1,562,000)

Becks ratings appear to have dropped at the moment. No friday ratings posted yet. I'm not sure what the numbers in parenthesis represent - anyone els more familiar with this sort of thing?

I'm pretty sure the parenthesis numbers represents replay viewership.

Slutter McGee
02-13-2010, 12:42 PM
Geez, just when I thought I might never have to see another "Beck's-seen-the-light-he's on-our-side..." thread!

Rand Paul wants to send terrorists back to the battle to kill our soldiers.

Oh wait, thats what happens when you take things out of context and IGNORE the rest of what I said in the same goddamn post.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

paulitics
02-13-2010, 01:02 PM

The first parenthesis are for demo viewers. I think it is anyone under the age of 55. The advertisers are concerend most with this demographic, and it is worth the most $$ to them.

Beck almost always beats Hannity in the demo, but I'm going to wager that this will no longer be the case, since Beck's audience is strongly libertarian, and half of those people will cut him off.

misterx
02-13-2010, 01:08 PM
Beck is the worst of all because he says all the right things and rallies in all these viewers, but he's really a neo-con in sheep's clothing. At least Olbermann is straight forward with his bs.

YouTube - Glenn Beck is a Neocon (Not a Libertarian) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6C6E6ayh4U)

Think for a moment about how your average politically moderate person's thoughts are effected when they turn on Olbermann versus Beck. Let them watch Olbermann every day and they will turn into rabid, anti-liberty, leftists. At least with Beck they get closer to the truth. You can't really believe it would be easier to sway someone who has been watching Olbermann for five years than someone who has been watching Beck for five years. That's really what it's all about. Only the sheeple have their opinions informed by tv anyways, so that's really not the place to worry about "infiltration".

angelatc
02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
I'm confused by this, because if you are Christian Jesus was not a prophet, but yeah I think I understand the overall jist. You cannot be christian if any other word is on the same footing as the word given as per Jesus.

So Catholics aren't Christian because they pray to the Mother?

How about the Trinity?

Actually, any religion that recognizes Jesus as the Son of God is considered Christian.

jsu718
02-13-2010, 01:25 PM

Total viewers (25-54) (35-64)

CapitalistRadical
02-13-2010, 01:44 PM

According to one definition on this thread, Catholics are not Christians because they accept that righteous non-Christians can go to heaven.

Anti Federalist
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Just a bit of fyi, the state of Alabama csb felt it was abusive to not allow children television as it was limiting their exposure to popular culture and stunting their later ability towards healthy peer interaction. How's that for amusing?

//facepalm//

You're kidding, right?

MT, could you find a link to that? I'd love to have that.

Thanks.

ARealConservative
02-13-2010, 01:46 PM
According to one definition on this thread, Catholics are not Christians because they accept that righteous non-Christians can go to heaven.

Locke argued exactly for that in his essay on "On the Reasonableness of Christianity"

marc1888
02-13-2010, 02:10 PM
Kinda ironic... Glenn and Angus are both Scottish names. Angus comes from the mythical god of love, intelligence and wit Angus Og.

Glenn basically means someone who lives in the wide space between two mountains.

No reason for bringing it up other than i wished the mountains were those underwater ones in the middle of Atlantic. Then Beck would be useful in providing sustenance for all those wee creatures...

Keep writing him....

erowe1
02-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Kinda ironic... Glenn and Angus are both Scottish names. Angus comes from the mythical god of love, intelligence and wit Angus Og.

Glenn basically means someone who lives in the wide space between two mountains.

No reason for bringing it up other than i wished the mountains were those underwater ones in the middle of Atlantic. Then Beck would be useful in providing sustenance for all those wee creatures...

Angus was also MacGyver's first name, and they never gave it away until the final episode I think.

Valli6
02-13-2010, 02:19 PM
...Oh wait, thats what happens when you take things out of context and IGNORE the rest of what I said in the same goddamn post.

No offense intended, the "second chance" thing is what stood out to me and it was mentioned in other posts. My feeling is, we've been having this BECK IS A FRAUD versus BECK IS OUR FRIEND argument for a year now - when he first decided he was going to espouse Ron Paul's beliefs while pretending he came up with it totally on his own, through some personal epiphany. (To say nothing of the "Shut up about Glenn Beck already" threads.)

When he decided to attack our best hope at seeing an honest, liberty candidate make it in an important election, a candidate that is the very embodiment of the "tea party" concept, and everything Beck has been pretending to support all this time... well, I thought CERTAINLY NOW, the issue of whether or not Glenn Beck has ever had a shred of integrity, could be laid to rest. The man's a performer and a sleazy one at that.

It's commendable that you were able open the eyes of a socialist friend. But I bet your friend was a decent human to begin with. Glen Beck is a liar and appears to lack a conscience, and sociopaths are harmful to whoever they get near. Time to call a scumbag a scumbag and close the book.

BlackTerrel
02-13-2010, 04:20 PM

How about the Trinity?

Actually, any religion that recognizes Jesus as the Son of God is considered Christian.

Pretty much. I'm generally not a big fan of those people who try to tell me who can and who can't be a Christian.