PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck: I'm Becoming More and More Libertarian Every Day

clb09
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
YouTube - Glenn Beck On Leaning Libertarian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slW_8CgEqoY)

itshappening
02-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Fraud .

jmdrake
02-12-2010, 06:56 AM
And he still sucks.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-12-2010, 06:56 AM
I thin he meant Leninist.

BenIsForRon
02-12-2010, 06:57 AM
Man, I'm glad this forum can finally put this "Glen Beck is coming around!" shit behind it.

jmdrake
02-12-2010, 06:58 AM
YouTube - Bush "Fool Me Once..." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A&feature=related)

JohnEngland
02-12-2010, 07:03 AM
But did you see Beck's show yesterday (11th). It was great - he had some guy from Harvard, Reason and another and they were discussing Europe and America's financial situations.

We need shows like this on TV. He may not be to everyone's liking, but he talks about very important issues that others don't.

Edit: And just to defend the guy a bit more (which I'm sure is very popular :p) the reason things went wrong with Medina is not because Beck is "against liberty" etc. It's because she screwed up big time with that whole 9/11 truth stuff. There is no other answer to that question but "no".

If you watch Beck regularly, as I do, you'd see he's had Rand, Schiff, Ron etc. several times. He's a good guy - though crazy and unpredictable, too :p

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 07:06 AM
But did you see Beck's show yesterday (12th). It was great - he had some guy from Harvard, Reason and another and they were discussing Europe and America's financial situations.

We need shows like this on TV. He may not be to everyone's liking, but he talks about very important issues that others don't.

The easiest way to lead people off the edge is by enticing them with bread crumbs. When will people learn?

The only way we are going to change things for the better is through one on one contact. Interact with people. Get to know people. Build communities. Educate in person. Activism. TV IS OUR ENEMY.

fisharmor
02-12-2010, 07:07 AM
But did you see Beck's show yesterday (12th). It was great - he had some guy from Harvard, Reason and another and they were discussing Europe and America's financial situations.

Yeah... I remember well in the late 90's when people were saying "But he balanced the budget! The economy is doing great! Stop picking on poor Bill!"

My response was always thus: "In a country of 300 million people, surely we can find one to do the same thing who isn't openly lying about boning his staffers."

So I give a similar response: In a country of 300 million people, we can find one to do the same thing slimeball Beck does who doesn't actively torpedo great candidates.

You're only getting Beck because you're not demanding better.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Yeah... I remember well in the late 90's when people were saying "But he balanced the budget! The economy is doing great! Stop picking on poor Bill!"

My response was always thus: "In a country of 300 million people, surely we can find one to do the same thing who isn't openly lying about boning his staffers."

So I give a similar response: In a country of 300 million people, we can find one to do the same thing slimeball Beck does who doesn't actively torpedo great candidates.

Free Talk Live. Free Minds TV. FreeDomainRadio. Pass it around. :D

JohnEngland
02-12-2010, 07:13 AM

You make a good point.

However, if people boycott and attack Beck, producers are going to think that it's the content of his shows that's the problem - on the contrary, it's just his personality.

It's much easier for news channels to play it safe with bland, boring, non-news, like CNN. Beck may not be perfect, but by supporting a show like his we surely encourage TV producers to make more shows like it in the future - but better.

JohnEngland
02-12-2010, 07:17 AM
The easiest way to lead people off the edge is by enticing them with bread crumbs. When will people learn?

The only way we are going to change things for the better is through one on one contact. Interact with people. Get to know people. Build communities. Educate in person. Activism. TV IS OUR ENEMY.

I agree with you there, that it's one-to-one interaction and educating people wherever we can that is going change things.

However, at the end of the day, if I'm going to sit down and watch anything on TV (which I don't do much of), it's probably going to be Beck haha

jmdrake
02-12-2010, 07:17 AM

Edit: And just to defend the guy a bit more (which I'm sure is very popular :p) the reason things went wrong with Medina is not because Beck is "against liberty" etc. It's because she screwed up big time with that whole 9/11 truth stuff. There is no other answer to that question but "no".

If you watch Beck regularly, as I do, you'd see he's had Rand, Schiff, Ron etc. several times. He's a good guy - though crazy and unpredictable, too :p

Nonsense! Medina was setup. Beck edited the clip to make her look as bad as possible. Glenn Beck was already openly backing Rick Perry! Glenn Beck is NOT our friend. Not in the least.

fisharmor
02-12-2010, 07:25 AM
You make a good point.

However, if people boycott and attack Beck, producers are going to think that it's the content of his shows that's the problem - on the contrary, it's just his personality.

It's much easier for news channels to play it safe with bland, boring, non-news, like CNN. Beck may not be perfect, but by supporting a show like his we surely encourage TV producers to make more shows like it in the future - but better.

You also make a good point.

However, this includes two assumptions that I don't accept.

The first assumption is that Beck's personality is the problem. No, his content is the problem. When he has a liberty candidate on, and actively tries to torpedo her campaign, that's content. That content is the problem, just like how the pro-war content is a problem.

Second, you assume I care what TV producers think about this. Smart TV producers know that their days are numbered: it's only a matter of time before they're facing the exact same fate as newspapers.

In 10 years everyone in the developed world will be watching whatever news they want to watch on their phones. The industry is only going to get more cutthroat because the medium is becoming irrelevant.

TV producers have two options:
1) Abandon their existing models for figuring out what people want, which are all still based on pre-2000 assumptions that there are no other media,

2) Abandon the medium altogether and jump on the internet, where they will be competing with everyone from the Southern Avenger to Russia Today for my attention.

I can guarantee they're not going with #2, because viewers figure out pretty quickly that there's a whole rest of the world that the same big networks have been pretending doesn't exist for the last 100 years, and we tend to get kinda pissed about that. So they're going to have to start paying attention to what we want, if they want us to keep watching TV.

nayjevin
02-12-2010, 07:28 AM
I'm Becoming More and More Libertarian Every Day

Translation: Frank Luntz tells me more self-described libertarians are watching me than ever before.

But not anymore.

JohnEngland
02-12-2010, 07:33 AM
You also make a good point.

However, this includes two assumptions that I don't accept.

The first assumption is that Beck's personality is the problem. No, his content is the problem. When he has a liberty candidate on, and actively tries to torpedo her campaign, that's content. That content is the problem, just like how the pro-war content is a problem.

Second, you assume I care what TV producers think about this. Smart TV producers know that their days are numbered: it's only a matter of time before they're facing the exact same fate as newspapers.

In 10 years everyone in the developed world will be watching whatever news they want to watch on their phones. The industry is only going to get more cutthroat because the medium is becoming irrelevant.

TV producers have two options:
1) Abandon their existing models for figuring out what people want, which are all still based on pre-2000 assumptions that there are no other media,

2) Abandon the medium altogether and jump on the internet, where they will be competing with everyone from the Southern Avenger to Russia Today for my attention.

I can guarantee they're not going with #2, because viewers figure out pretty quickly that there's a whole rest of the world that the same big networks have been pretending doesn't exist for the last 100 years, and we tend to get kinda pissed about that. So they're going to have to start paying attention to what we want, if they want us to keep watching TV.

Yes, that's true. Which is why we must all support Freedom Watch - an excellent show and certainly the way forward.

But Beck's had liberty candidates on before and it's been fine - Rand and Peter, for example.

But anyway, you're right - TV is dying and the internet is the future. But ya know, I still like Beck. I'm sorry guys!! I can't help it haha

undergroundrr
02-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Also, it goes back to the C4L discussions after the survey commercial. Foreign policy was the biggest issue of the Ron Paul campaign. It is so painful to Beck to start to question his own beliefs about killing poor brown people, and anybody in any way associated with Ron Paul is going to cause him to go kneejerk defensive.

I know it seemed like Beck was attacking Medina on that show. But really the "Absolutely Not is the only answer" crap is his terrified attempt to shield himself and his viewers from having to look the beast in the face. That all of his pontificating on about the failings of Washington DC apply to the CIA and the military as well.

The standard-issue truther is crazy and paranoid, just like the neocons say. But this hands-off blank-out attitude about foreign policy by those who distrust the government about virtually everything else (except drugs and prostitution) is even crazier.

People are damning her very reasoned response to an attempt to paint her black or white. I'm proud that she decided to stand up for those who inquire. Even if she loses this election, standing her ground on this, as timid and shaky as it seemed on the air, maintains a foundation of courage that would have been completely lost with the "No, those people are crazy" so many wish she'd delivered.

nayjevin
02-12-2010, 07:45 AM
I still like Beck.

It's so hard to believe anyone would have that opinion honestly. But if you do, try this:

YouTube - Glenn Beck Continues His Fake Crying Act (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuV1XG517cc)

nayjevin
02-12-2010, 07:48 AM
The standard-issue truther is crazy and paranoid.......an attempt to paint her black or white.

Hm.

tmosley
02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Glen Beck is a sociopath. He does a great job of fooling most of the people. Until he turns on you.

You can't go back to believing that he is sincere after the hack job he pulled. If you do, you are setting yourself up to have it happen again, only it will be worse next time.

Ethek
02-12-2010, 07:55 AM
I thin he meant Leninist.

lol.

yeah, that rings in my head every time I see the mans face now.

sluggo
02-12-2010, 07:55 AM
I have to admit - it feels good being able to openly despise this dry drunk, ham actor again.

moostraks
02-12-2010, 07:57 AM
You make a good point.

Good grief...Beck is part of the set up to corral discontent and direct it into one of the two sources of funding for tptb, just like Palin.

That is right encourage them to get more two faced shills for so called liberty that cry fake tears and scream for our responsibillity to police the world.:rolleyes:

:mad:Supporting this crap IS the problem!!!:mad:

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah this whole thing with FOX, Beck, AP... etc..

It stinks of a plan launched by Frank Lutz. I was wonder where that bastard Lutz has been hiding.

Now we know

sevin
02-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Man, I'm glad this forum can finally put this "Glen Beck is coming around!" shit behind it.

agreed

The Deacon
02-12-2010, 09:05 AM
On a related note, I'm becoming taller every day. Soon enough, I'll be basketball player Yao Ming's size...

ARealConservative
02-12-2010, 09:06 AM
He's an entertainer.

And let me just say, these ass's aren't as smart as they think they are.

If they think this is going to work in the long run, they are dead wrong. Beck is trying to line people up to follow fraudulent thinking. But when you wake people up to liberty, you awaken a sleeping giant.

I just hope I live long enough to see our victory.

Southron
02-12-2010, 11:09 AM
You want to listen to a real patriot check out Mike Church.

Today he exposed Beck for the phony he is.

He also had Debra on for 30 minutes to refute the smear.

She told him that Perry had an automated phone call in less than an hour after the interview about it.

It seems likely this was coordinated with the Perry campaign.

Liberty Star
02-12-2010, 11:11 AM
That's why he's get such a high libertarian rating:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=207447

Pennsylvania
02-12-2010, 11:14 AM
You want to listen to a real patriot check out Mike Church.

Today he exposed Beck for the phony he is.

He also had Debra on for 30 minutes to refute the smear.

She told him that Perry had an automated phone call in less than an hour after the interview about it.

We should give this guy some more traffic and recognition.

From his site...

I Support Debra Medina and I'm Proud of It

Do you invite people into your home for children's birthday parties to ask them questions about their sex-life? Our studios or interview lines are a broadcasters home sir.

Are you in the business sir? No? Then you have no idea how these things are supposed to work. I am in the business of interviewing people sir, and I have interviewed Mrs. Medina twice. We always communicate our interview intentions because these "gotcha" moments are only good for one side.

It never occurred to me that I should ask a candidate for TX governor her stance on the film "Loose change" and if it had, I would have communicated that in advance. (for the record I didn't think Mrs. Medina's answer was 'convincing' but I do take her statement afterward as her actual opinion, unlike so many of you)

This was unprofessional and his snickering and laughing as he hung up with her, knowing sheople would fall in line to condemn her hesitant answer and end her campaign is inexcusable and sick. I want no part of this "movement" of his, if this is how business is conducted.

I should start the 9-13 movement now because you 9-12'ers are in for serious heartache and disappointment if you're hitching to Glen Beck's wagon.

fj45lvr
02-12-2010, 11:26 AM
TV IS OUR ENEMY.

TV doesn't have to be the enemy, it's just that currently TV is owned and operated by the enemy. There is potential to use TV....the left-wing uses it with satellite like "democracy now"....the avenue is there but it won't be "network" avenues

however, the internet will be the TV of the future so the playing field should be much more level.

Liberty lovers should be using platforms like JUSTINTV as a place to spread the word.

Indy Vidual
02-12-2010, 11:33 AM
...He's a good guy -
He's an immature jerk who acted like a complete ass-h^le, yesterday.
You somehow didn't notice this? :confused:

xd9fan
02-12-2010, 11:38 AM
I was a big fan of his and yesterday is making me very very cautious....

cant help but think deep inside ...he is just another foriegn policy neocon...

constituent
02-12-2010, 11:39 AM
He's an immature jerk who acted like a complete ass-h^le, yesterday.
You somehow didn't notice this? :confused:

You've got to fast forward through the commercials.

Liberty Star
02-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Beck is a mentally unstable freak of nature and a prostitute for neocons.

aravoth
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
man, i'm glad this forum can finally put this "glen beck is coming around!" shit behind it.

+1776

muzzled dogg
02-12-2010, 11:49 AM
buck glenn feck

The Deacon
02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
I was a big fan of his and yesterday is making me very very cautious....

cant help but think deep inside ...he is just another foriegn policy neocon...

It's not even deep inside...he goes off on Iran almost every day on his shows.

angelatc
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM

Apparently it is not all that uncommon for Robocalls to go out that fast though. One of our own previous candidates said he responded to an attack via a robocall in less than 10 minutes. He jotted down his response, called his robocall guy, recorded it, and then phoned 30,000 people with the push of a button.

gls
02-12-2010, 11:52 AM
Glenn Beck, the pro war, pro bailout, pro Patriot Act "libertarian". Hell, he's right up there with the Founding Fathers.

Deborah K
02-12-2010, 11:58 AM
Libertarian thinking allows for people to believe what they want to believe. Beck trashed a good woman because he THINKS she believes something he is against. That is NOT free thinking.

fisharmor
TV doesn't have to be the enemy, it's just that currently TV is owned and operated by the enemy. There is potential to use TV....the left-wing uses it with satellite like "democracy now"....the avenue is there but it won't be "network" avenues

TV has always been owned and operated by the enemy, because TV (and radio) has always been owned and operated by the government.

We'll never see free radio waves just like we'll never see the sea privatized - there is too much case law, tradition, and outright muscling involved in it right now.

It would be well worth it to try, but my priorities lie in other places right now.

however, the internet will be the TV of the future so the playing field should be much more level.

It's the TV of my present. I get a few channels over the air, but unlike analog TV, a sketchy digital signal is unwatchable, so it's only certain times of the day or weather conditions that I get RT or Al Jazeera.

But the stuff that's online is amazing at this point... $10 a month for Netflix, Hulu giving stuff out for free, and nice people making youtube playlists of the Stossel show. Recently my wife and I are watching all 157 episodes of the original Dragonball series for free.

Southron
We should give this guy some more traffic and recognition.

From his site...

Mike Church could definitely use some more recognition.

He's on Sirius with Hannity and Levin.

CapitalistRadical
02-12-2010, 12:00 PM
Mike Church could definitely use some more recognition.

He's on Sirius with Hannity and Levin.

He seems like a good guy. I didn't find any way to hear him except paying for Sirius.

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2010, 12:10 PM
Glenn Beck: 'I'm Becoming More and More Libertarian Every Day "

This seems to be the new FOX/NEWS CORP strategy. To grab the Independent/Constitutionalists/Libertarian/Tea Party votes.

Last week on FOX: IMUS In the Morning... Don Imus interveiwed Sean Hannity and this is one of Sean's Statements:

HANNITY: "I'm basically a Libertarian"

I nearly fell out of my chair.

Seems to be a well plan grab of all the 3rd party votes for the NEOCONs by Roger Ailes and Companny... through his paid puppets.

Daamien
02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Beck is probably the worst TV personality. I never liked him and his program has only gotten worse since joining Fox News. Beck has effectively taken over the Tea Party movement along with Sarah Palin by means of his heavily neocon-leaning 9/12 cult. I don't know about you, but 9/12 wasn't a day of pro-American clarity for me... it was a day filled with fear, confusion, and mourning. Beck supported the bailouts yet now hypocritically rails against government intervention. Beck supports the Patriot Act which violates our natural rights which are clearly stated in the Constitution. Beck supports our reckless imperial adventurism overseas in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars and favors confrontation with Iran and Yemen as a neoconservative. Beck is a demagogue who plays to audience emotions rather than logic regarding issues and has shown incredible hostility to libertarians including during Ron Paul's campaign and now towards Debra Medina. The only time I ever watch Beck's program is when thankfully Judge Andrew Napolitano, an intelligent libertarian, is guest hosting.

Here you can contact Glenn at work:
http://www.glennbeck.com/content/program/contact/
and glennbeck@foxnews.com

If you are interested, here is his home address that you could mail complaints if he is unresponsive at his office location:

Glenn Beck
1757 Ponus Ridge
New Canaan, CT 06840

Obviously be respectful when contacting someone, but express (logically, not emotionally... which he is incapable of) why his actions are unacceptable.

Libertytree
02-12-2010, 12:25 PM
Better yet, make a list of his sponsors and mail them about your disgust and the fact that you will no longer be a listener. Hits'em where it hurts.

Daamien
02-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Better yet, make a list of his sponsors and mail them about your disgust and the fact that you will no longer be a listener. Hits'em where it hurts.

Here you go:
http://jenkinsear.com/2009/08/14/list-of-glenn-beck-sponsorsadvertisers-dropped-remaining/
http://stopbeck.com/remaining-sponsors/

Gleaner
02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
It's just amazing to watch everyone blame Glenn Beck for Medina shooting her own campaign in the head. Wasn't Becks fault she couldn't say "No".

So now Beck is the enemy. This type of lockstep crap will end the whole movement long before election day. The enemy is marxist socialism, the Owebama policy. Everyone must keep their eye on the ball. The goal is stop Owebama from turning our country into the United States of Russia.

Glenn Beck is reaching millions of people and getting them to see the economic problems with these socialist policys. I've heard quite a few people say that Beck has put the problems into everyday dollar&cents figures where they see how it will effect their families. this is the way to change the electoriate's thinking process.

Beck is a true soldier for freedom. So is Sarah Palin, reaching Millions of voters.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-12-2010, 12:45 PM
It's just amazing to watch everyone blame Glenn Beck for Medina shooting her own campaign in the head. Wasn't Becks fault she couldn't say "No".

So now Beck is the enemy. This type of lockstep crap will end the whole movement long before election day. The enemy is marxist socialism, the Owebama policy. Everyone must keep their eye on the ball. The goal is stop Owebama from turning our country into the United States of Russia.

Glenn Beck is reaching millions of people and getting them to see the economic problems with these socialist policys. I've heard quite a few people say that Beck has put the problems into everyday dollar&cents figures where they see how it will effect their families. this is the way to change the electoriate's thinking process.

Beck is a true soldier for freedom. So is Sarah Palin, reaching Millions of voters.

:rolleyes:

AuH20
02-12-2010, 12:53 PM

Did you ever read Murray Rothbard's "Betrayal of the Amercian Right?" Leftists infiltrated the Republican party after the Second War and turned the venerable platform on it's head. So at the end of the day, you are right about this corporate fascism and crumb-offering socialism, embodied by the left, to be our Great Satan. There can never ever be any compromise with them because slowly but surely, we will be assimilated like the republican party was. I hate the left with every fiber of my being, for (a) destroying the republican party and distorting it's message AND (b) ravaging the constitution to such an extent that it's near unrecognizable.

Pennsylvania
02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
//

Southron
02-12-2010, 02:07 PM
He seems like a good guy. I didn't find any way to hear him except paying for Sirius.

Yeah the downside is that Mike Church is only on Sirius. But most people pay for cable or satellite television.

I'd rather pay a small amount to hear Mike than listen to Beck for free.

And after hearing him call Beck out today I can say he made my month worth of subscription costs worth it!

Mike has even mentioned the Ron Paul forums multiple times on his show.

DapperDan
02-12-2010, 03:01 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck On Leaning Libertarian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slW_8CgEqoY)

http://knowyourmeme.com/i/000/038/677/original/badumtss.png?1265391550

sofia
02-12-2010, 04:17 PM
But did you see Beck's show yesterday (11th). It was great - he had some guy from Harvard, Reason and another and they were discussing Europe and America's financial situations.

If you were a mouse, I suppose you would say that the guy who put the cheese on the trap for you was good enough to feed you.

It's time we stood up to bullies like Beck....and stood up 911 truth...which, deep down, most people know is true

Gleaner
02-12-2010, 04:40 PM
If you were a mouse, I suppose you would say that the guy who put the cheese on the trap for you was good enough to feed you.

It's time we stood up to bullies like Beck....and stood up 911 truth...which, deep down, most people know is true

Crazy crap like this post: you might as well climb back under your rock. There are 535 seats in congress and you'll never win the election in a single one of them with this 911 truth crap.

Reasonable conservatives have a chance to save our country from communist socialism like Owebama is promoting. 911 truth talk is Owebama's greatest ally as he can say all conservatives are nuts like this. So my question to you is: are you an Owebama ally? Your sure helping his cause.

PreDeadMan
02-12-2010, 06:00 PM
lol who is a reasonable conservative Sarah Palin? Scott Brown? Rush Limbaugh? You seem like a we have to throw the corrupt left out of office so we can put in the criminal people with R's next to their name type of guy. It's not left vs right at all. The media will keep on portraying this phoney paradigm untill the people wake the F%%% up!

As far as the so called 9-11 truthers..... Do you think falling asleep and going along with the government stories makes you a good American? Believing the official story that was conducted by our GREAT and non corrupt SOOO damn efficient government? I bet you and fox news, and other neocons want people to keep their damn trappers shut and not mention 9/11 because god forbid people form their own opinion of what happened and if things don't add up the way it supposed to be in the official government report you have to bs yourself and say they hate us for our freedom. Why is just the simple act of questioning things don't make sense on that day throw you into a group called the 9-11 truthers? I hate that idiotic collectivism the media does. I thought conservatives were skepticle of government why should they believe they can conduct an investigation correctly as big and confusing as 9-11?

Anti Federalist
02-12-2010, 08:48 PM
YouTube - Henry Rollins - Liar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKNKGkgBhvs&feature=related)

Anti Federalist
02-12-2010, 08:57 PM

Gah.

I threw up in my mouth, a little.