PDA

View Full Version : A WARNING TO THE TEA PARTY NATION by Chuck Baldwin

bobbyw24
02-12-2010, 04:59 AM
As far as grassroots activism goes, the surge in Tea Parties across America is one of the more encouraging developments to recently take place. It reminds me of the "Conservative Revolution" of 1994, when the GOP reclaimed both the US Senate and House of Representatives. At that time, it had been over 40 years since the Republican Party controlled both the US House and Senate. And, between the two, the House victories were the most significant.

Spurred mostly by the election of Bill Clinton in 1992, a host of young, energetic freshman Republicans marched into Washington, D.C., determined to return a burgeoning and out-of-control federal leviathan to the constitutional precepts of limited government. I'm talking about then-freshman House members such as Helen Chenoweth, Steve Largent, Bob Barr, Joe Scarborough, Sonny Bono, John Shadegg, J.C. Watts, etc. These young conservatives went to Washington, D.C., determined to reduce the growth and size of the federal government.

The vehicle used to transport these young conservatives from grassroots activism to US House and Senate seats was the highly touted "Contract with America" (CWA), which was orchestrated by House Speaker-to-be, Newt Gingrich. The CWA included a promise to the American people that if they would give the GOP a majority in Congress, they would eliminate up to 5 federal departments--such as the Departments of Energy and Education--and many federal agencies.

Obviously, not only did the GOP-controlled Congress not eliminate a single federal department or agency--or even shrink the size of the federal government at all--it expanded the size and scope of the federal government at every level. And there is one reason for it: Big Government neocons posing as champions of conservatism co-opted and destroyed the Conservative Revolution of 1994.

continue

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin569.htm

GunnyFreedom
02-12-2010, 05:10 AM
+++++++++++++++++++

LittleLightShining
02-12-2010, 05:22 AM
FANTASTIC!

I love this line:
As Samson's strength depended on keeping his hair uncut, your strength lies in keeping your principles intact.

crushingstep7
02-12-2010, 05:38 AM
Great post.

FrankRep
02-12-2010, 07:28 AM
Newt Gingrich is often viewed as a conservative politician. This video is a speech John McManus, president of the John Birch society, gave which exposes the REAL Newt Gingrich by examining his track record and showing his true motivations.

The Real Newt Gingrich (http://www.shopjbs.org/index.php/the-real-newt-gingrich.html)

JBS Video
Over 6,000 views!

The Real Newt Gingrich on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/6445068)

A. Havnes
02-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Excellent! So much truth!

moostraks
02-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Interesting to see Newt at the base of both of these takeovers. He touted his latest contract during the primaries. I was irritated and knew something was fishy but this puts a new spin on it being retreads of a previous takeover...

Pretty good article but newswithviews is as loaded as infowars as a news source.

sevin
02-12-2010, 08:57 AM
GREAT ARTICLE!

Everyone here should read it.

s35wf
02-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Great Article!

such truth!

this is the man who got my GE vote in 2008! :D

Captain Shays
02-12-2010, 12:54 PM
I am so proud to have cast my vote for Pastor Chuck. Every time I read another of his articles it confirms in me that I did the right thing.

This piece is GREAT. I agree with every single word.

It also clears up many questions some of us may have had regarding Glen Beck and Sarah Palin.

I say it again. We ALL need to call out Glen Beck on his claim to have started the Tea Party Movement. A bold face lie. I was there too, just like so many of you, and Dr Chuck Baldwin. We KNOW it started right here and we shouldn't allow Beck to take credit for it.
Can't somebody make a Youtube showing Beck on his show a couple of weeks ago taking credit for the Tea Party compared to our Tea Party Money Bombs? PLEASE Do it ASAP so we can spread it all over the place and destroy that bastard.
If you do, I hope you get all of the times Beck marginalized Ron Paul or labeled us as "terrorists" because Chuck Baldwin is absolutely correct. Many people in the Tea Party movement are hard core Ron Paul supporters and they should be deeply offended at Beck's duplicity.

Thanks Chuck. Keep'em coming!

tnvoter
02-12-2010, 05:11 PM
Keep this one bumped.

pcosmar
02-12-2010, 06:46 PM
I'll bump
I voted for him based on Ron Paul endorsement and having followed his support for Dr. Paul.
He "gets it".

I say again, be careful, Tea Party Nation. You are being infiltrated. You are being compromised. You are being neutered. Stick to your principles. Stick with the Constitution. Keep opposing unconstitutional, preemptive wars. Keep calling for the abolition of the Federal Reserve. Keep fighting for less taxes, reduced federal spending, and states' rights. Keep opposing the Patriot Act and the New World Order. Don't abandon Ron Paul. Be wary of people such as Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. You don't need "big name" celebrities to give you credibility. As Samson's strength depended on keeping his hair uncut, your strength lies in keeping your principles intact. And unless you want to wind up like the Republican freshmen in 1994, avoid Newt Gingrich like the plague!

jclay2
02-12-2010, 07:03 PM
bump for a great article.

heavenlyboy34
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
Thanx for reminding folks about the neocons, Chuck. :cool:

bobbyw24
02-12-2010, 07:46 PM
Chuck is coming to our RLC meeting in Jacksonville, Fla. the first Tuesday in May at 6:00 PM

for more info go to:

http://www.RLCNEF.org

GunnyFreedom
02-12-2010, 08:31 PM
this thread is a real bumper

Anti Federalist
02-12-2010, 09:27 PM
First of all, the Tea Parties were actually born during the Presidential campaign of Congressman Ron Paul of Texas in 2007 and 2008. For all intents and purposes, the Tea Parties and the Ron Paul Revolution were one and the same. These were (mostly) young people, who were sick and tired of the same old establishment Republican Party. They were tired of establishment Republicans selling out the principles of limited government; they were tired of the US Constitution being ignored and trampled by both Republicans and Democrats; they were tired of an incessant interventionist US foreign policy that keeps sending US forces overseas to advance a burgeoning New World Order (NWO); they were tired of perpetual war; they were tired of the bank bailouts; they were tired of the Federal Reserve; etc.

bump

kahless
02-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Direct link: http://www.chuckbaldwinlive.com/c2010/cbarchive_20100212.html

GBurr
02-13-2010, 12:29 AM
Bump for late night crowd

kahless
02-13-2010, 08:38 AM
Bump for the morning crowd.

LittleLightShining
02-13-2010, 09:10 AM
I'll bump
I voted for him based on Ron Paul endorsement and having followed his support for Dr. Paul.
He "gets it".

Me, too.

LibertyEagle
02-13-2010, 09:16 AM
I remember Helen Chenoweth. She was great.

catdd
02-13-2010, 09:18 AM
Bump to educate the teaOcons

Quinn Rogness
02-13-2010, 09:25 AM
I would only vote for a few liberty-minded Republicans (Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Rand Paul etc.) and a few Liberals who I felt were honest if they were running against the average neocon (I would vote for an honest guy like dennis Kucinich over a NeoCon), the rest, I would vote for independents.

tsetsefly
02-13-2010, 01:26 PM
Bump to educate the teaOcons

+1 I was disgusted to see the religious zealot and neocon Palin and Tancredo get applause at the tea party convention. I dont know what tea partier would applaud anything those 2 have to say.

catdd
02-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Another bump for higher education.

NerveShocker
02-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Bump for Chuck.. this article explains precisely what is going on right now.

Mach
02-13-2010, 08:29 PM
A great article.... he needs to find a couple MSM Newspapers to editorialize it in.............

dealerjim
02-13-2010, 09:28 PM
I'll bump
He "gets it".
Yepper, me too. :)

angelatc
02-13-2010, 09:42 PM
Somebody should be passing this out at CPAC.

KCIndy
02-13-2010, 10:00 PM
FANTASTIC article!!!

**everyone** needs to read this.

Did anyone else feel a little shiver while reading his conclusion?

Quote:

I say again, be careful, Tea Party Nation. You are being infiltrated. You are being compromised. You are being neutered. Stick to your principles. Stick with the Constitution. Keep opposing unconstitutional, preemptive wars. Keep calling for the abolition of the Federal Reserve. Keep fighting for less taxes, reduced federal spending, and states' rights. Keep opposing the Patriot Act and the New World Order. Don't abandon Ron Paul. Be wary of people such as Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck. You don't need "big name" celebrities to give you credibility. As Samson's strength depended on keeping his hair uncut, your strength lies in keeping your principles intact. And unless you want to wind up like the Republican freshmen in 1994, avoid Newt Gingrich like the plague!

Quinn Rogness
02-13-2010, 10:31 PM
+1 I was disgusted to see the religious zealot and neocon Palin and Tancredo get applause at the tea party convention. I dont know what tea partier would applaud anything those 2 have to say.
I disagree on A LOT with Tancredo, but I think the guy is pretty honest, he is a bit neoconservative on some issues, BUT, look, he said not too long ago that he thinks it's time to end the drug war. Obviously he's not a straight up neocon, not saying I would ever vote for the guy, but I don't absolutely despise him.

The Patriot
02-13-2010, 10:44 PM
I disagree on A LOT with Tancredo, but I think the guy is pretty honest, he is a bit neoconservative on some issues, BUT, look, he said not too long ago that he thinks it's time to end the drug war. Obviously he's not a straight up neocon, not saying I would ever vote for the guy, but I don't absolutely despise him.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle_blog/2009/may/21/tom_tancredo_calls_for_legalizat

He certainly wasn't the worst of the lot in 2012. I wouldn't support him personally, but next to Ron Paul he was probably the best guy running. His foreign policy is totally abhorrent and would keep me from supporting him. I think he is an honest guy, that counts for something, he isn't part of the Washington machine.

AdamT
02-13-2010, 11:24 PM
Chuck got my vote as well. No RP on the ballot.

osan
02-14-2010, 07:10 PM
The Real Newt Gingrich (http://www.shopjbs.org/index.php/the-real-newt-gingrich.html)

People need better clues and better habits. They fall for the same shit every time. Judge based on what a man does rather than what he says. But that isn't what happens. We, the people, are in a world of trouble.

TruckinMike
02-14-2010, 10:10 PM

JBS Video
Over 6,000 views!

The Real Newt Gingrich on Vimeo (http://vimeo.com/6445068)

WoW! Great video.. every ill-informed Republican needs to see this. IE- Beck supporters.

TMike

jmdrake
02-14-2010, 10:38 PM
We see in the race of Debra Medina and the attacks on Ron Paul from candidates claiming to be "tea partiers" the fallacy of the "go along to get along" mode many of us fell into during 2009. I remember two vivid things from the July 2nd 2009 tea party in Nashville. One was the fawning over Israel. (Opening prayer declared our salvation came from Israel. There was a booth that had a huge Israeli flag and a tiny U.S. flag. And one speaker droned on for what seemed like half an hour about how it was our God given duty to support all things Israel.) The other was the fact that some lefties had a huge pro national healthcare sign. While I disagreed with them (and told them so), I have to give them props for getting their message out and someone else's event. Well the tea parties should be our event! We should be out in force getting our own message out and actively working the crowd to push own own agenda.

Matt Collins
02-18-2010, 02:41 PM
This piece by Chuck has been making the rounds in the Nashville 912 and Glenn Beck Meetups. It has lit a fire!

bobbyw24
02-18-2010, 03:24 PM
Bumpity bump

GunnyFreedom
02-18-2010, 03:49 PM
Bumpity bump

This article gets more relevant every day

Matt Collins
02-18-2010, 04:28 PM
This article gets more relevant every day
You should hear some of the MSM radio reports coming out of CPAC this weekend... ugh! :mad::rolleyes:

Mach
02-19-2010, 09:13 PM
press bump.............

Press Release

For Immediate Release
Thursday, February 18, 2010

Libertarians criticize CPAC conservatives

WASHINGTON - As the Conservative Political Action Committee (CPAC) holds its annual conference, Libertarian Party Executive Director Wes Benedict offered the following statement:

I'm sure we'll hear an awful lot about "limited government" from the mouths of CPAC politicians over the next few days. If I had a nickel every time a conservative said "limited government" and didn't mean it, I'd be a very rich man.

Unlike libertarians, most conservatives simply don't want small government. They want their own version of big government. Of course, they have done a pretty good job of fooling American voters for decades by repeating the phrases "limited government" and "small government" like a hypnotic chant.

It's interesting that conservatives only notice "big government" when it's something their political enemies want. When conservatives want it, apparently it doesn't count.

* If a conservative wants a trillion-dollar foreign war, that doesn't count.
* If a conservative wants a 700-billion-dollar bank bailout, that doesn't count.
* If a conservative wants to spend billions fighting a needless and destructive War on Drugs, that doesn't count.
* If a conservative wants to spend billions building border fences, that doesn't count.
* If a conservative wants to "protect" the huge, unjust, and terribly inefficient Social Security and Medicare programs, that doesn't count.
* If a conservative wants billions in farm subsidies, that doesn't count.

It's truly amazing how many things "don't count."

Conservatives like Rush Limbaugh can't ever be satisfied with enough military spending and foreign wars.

Conservatives like Mitt Romney want to force everyone to buy health insurance.

Conservatives like George W. Bush -- well, his list of supporting big-government programs is almost endless.

Ronald Reagan, often praised as an icon of conservatism, signed massive spending bills that made his the biggest-spending administration (as a percentage of GDP) since World War II.

Some people claim that these big-government supporters aren't "true conservatives." Well, if a person opposes the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, opposes the War on Drugs, opposes border fences, and opposes mandatory Social Security and Medicare, it's hard to believe that anyone would describe that person as a conservative at all. Most people would say that person is a libertarian (or maybe even a liberal).

Obviously, most liberals don't want limited government either. It's just that their support for big government leans toward massive handout and redistribution programs.

The fact is, liberals and conservatives both want gigantic government. Their visions sometimes look different from each other, but both are huge. The only Americans who truly want small government are libertarians.

An article posted at CNS News, linked prominently from the Drudge Report, noted that the Obama administration is on track to beat the Franklin Roosevelt administration in terms of average federal spending as a percentage of GDP. However, the article failed to note that the Reagan Administration already beat the Franklin Roosevelt administration easily. Roosevelt's average was 19.4 percent of GDP, while Reagan's average was 22.3 percent of GDP. (Source: White House OMB data)

Wes Benedict will be observing the proceedings at the CPAC conference on Saturday, February 20. For more information, or to arrange an interview, call Benedict at 202-333-0008 ext. 222.

The LP is America's third-largest political party, founded in 1971. The Libertarian Party stands for free markets and civil liberties. You can find more information on the Libertarian Party at our website.

http://www.lp.org/news/press-releases/libertarians-criticize-cpac-conservatives