PDA

View Full Version : VID: Lawson 2010 Campaign Kickoff Party

kkassam
02-12-2010, 01:32 AM
YouTube - BJ Lawson Filing Party and Campaign Kickoff (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkmBaPw50VY)

Lawson: "For us to win this race we need to raise a lot of money. And we're going to need to raise $300k by the primary--and fortunately we're well on our way--we need to raise a million dollars by this summer to get the word out."

Jeremy
02-12-2010, 01:38 AM
some optimism for a pessimistic day :)

BenIsForRon
02-12-2010, 05:43 AM
He did plant quite a few seeds back in '08, let's hope we can harvest this year.

MRoCkEd
02-12-2010, 08:03 AM
awesome!

PBrady
02-12-2010, 09:37 AM
That line about the mafia was pretty good.

Still can't believe BJ is running again.

skyorbit
02-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Is there anybody else running in the primary?

Tracy

PBrady
02-12-2010, 01:15 PM
Is there anybody else running in the primary?

Tracy

Yeah.

Frank Roche - www.rocheforcongress.com

Greg Dority - http://gregdorityforcongress.com/

I think BJ and Frank will be the main contenders in the primary. I haven't heard much about Greg Dority. I honestly don't think there are enough Republicans to go around in the district to split three ways anway...

dgr
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
I first Met Greg Dority at a meeting in the fall of 2007. He was explaing what a sub prime mortage was and why it was going to become a crisis. He also said that it would effect all finiancial markets. he advised everyone to 'GET OUT OF DEBT, GET RIDE OF FINIANCIAL STOCKS, AND SAVE EVERY PENNY YOU CAN." When the AIG bailout was proposed he said"EVERY SINGLE BUM THAT VOTES FOR THIS SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF OFFICE"
Next thing he warned about was hyper inflation caused by the Fed printing money out of thin air.
I sure wish we could spread the good candidates around to other races, because two good people will most likely lose to the NCGOP( Roche) candidate. Why MONEY., The primiary is the key . Stop establishement candidates in the primary and then you have a chance.

GunnyFreedom
02-12-2010, 06:23 PM
I was there wooters! Even got a shoutout when he introduced other candidates at the party. You can spread candidates out in NC by the way. since reconstruction you do not have to live in the CD you run. That's why Todd is able to run in the 2nd when he was going to run in the 4th until BJ stepped up.

Nathan Hale
02-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I first Met Greg Dority at a meeting in the fall of 2007. He was explaing what a sub prime mortage was and why it was going to become a crisis. He also said that it would effect all finiancial markets. he advised everyone to 'GET OUT OF DEBT, GET RIDE OF FINIANCIAL STOCKS, AND SAVE EVERY PENNY YOU CAN." When the AIG bailout was proposed he said"EVERY SINGLE BUM THAT VOTES FOR THIS SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF OFFICE"
Next thing he warned about was hyper inflation caused by the Fed printing money out of thin air.
I sure wish we could spread the good candidates around to other races, because two good people will most likely lose to the NCGOP( Roche) candidate. Why MONEY., The primiary is the key . Stop establishement candidates in the primary and then you have a chance.

Hopefully BJ's operatives can convince Dority to drop out and endorse him. Once BJ's viability and polling is shown, Dority should get the message. Let's not forget that we have a huge asset that we can offer to other candidates to get them out of our way: the promise of grassroots support in their future endeavors. If Dority is a good but outclassed candidate, then let's tell him that we will support him when the time is right - perhaps he'd like to make a run for the Senate, or the Governorship, or even the state house (not sure how it's organized in NC).

marc1888
02-12-2010, 09:15 PM
Roche wont beat BJ :) BJ is a rockstar in the 4th district. Even the neocon goppers i met in my travels were telling me that Roche was a poor man's BJ. In 2008 the establishment all come out and endorsed BJ's opponent in the primary including the republican house and senate leaders in NC and BJ beat cho by 71 to 29.

BJ is something special. He is also a genuinely nice guy. Even all the progressives and liberals in the 4th district love BJ, we just need to convince them to vote for him more this time :)

PBrady
02-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Last filings were just before the new year, but this would be an interesting place to keep an eye out in the coming weeks:

http://www.opensecrets.org/races/summary.php?id=NC04&cycle=2010

MR2Fast2Catch
02-13-2010, 01:44 PM
That's exciting to see BJ Lawson in action again! I'm glad he's running, he ran a great campaign last time.

amy31416
02-13-2010, 03:23 PM
That's exciting to see BJ Lawson in action again! I'm glad he's running, he ran a great campaign last time.

That he did. I'll have no problem supporting him again.

pacelli
02-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Cho recently ran for mayor of Chapel Hill (and lost) and is running a karate school. I doubt he will be a threat. I still see a few of his old congressional bumper stickers around town, the bastard never took them down. They will soon be replaced with Lawson stickers.

dgr
02-14-2010, 05:53 PM
He ran for lt govonor last time got beat by a Bush republician , who didn't even spend any of his million dollars to do it. Even worse the down ballott drop off started at the LT Govonors race 14% from presidiental vote on the GOP ballott. NC is controlled by Bush Republicians , even though a strong independent movement is sweeping the state.
I personally wish he or any one would challenge Burr, he is the weakest GOP candidate in the state, but has the NCGOP protecting him from a real primiary challenger. Burr has worse numbers than Dole did, and nothing we did could make them see her as unelectable. I mean the woman had a 3 page paper in support of Cap and Trade, and then we got stuck with McCain . Mc Cain lost the state by less than two percent, the vote that went to Bob Barr, and they still haven't gotten the message. That's why the primiary is so important if there is to be any chance at all to redirect the state.

PBrady
02-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I still see a few of his old congressional bumper stickers around town, the bastard never took them down. They will soon be replaced with Lawson stickers.
Around my area, I see a Lawson sticker every now and then. I usually try to get their attention and give them a thumbs up, or something to that effect. Gotta show love for all the liberty lovers out there!

wildturkey
03-02-2010, 06:42 AM
It is still a 3 way race, Dority dropped out and went to run in Charlotte. Its now BJ, Frank, and a guy named Greg Hutchins I think. He is a radical racist and probably wont get a vote from anyone but his direct family. I dont want to be a downer but dont count out Frank just yet. He is a reall good opponent and while BJ was deciding wether or not to run all of 2009, Frank was running. So we really need to help BJ get the word out. It's going to be a really close primary I think.

dgr
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
More specificially Dority dorpped out to run in the most infamous district in NC , Democrat Mel Watts , speciffically created district. It runs from Charolett to Greesnboro and is verly 10 miles wide. It's voters are those that live on either side of I85. In NC the democrats have controlled the Generaly Assembly and the Govonors office for over a hundred years with one exception. Voter registration is 50% democrat 25% GOP and 25% independent. The NCGOP is split because of its RNC dominiation, and grassrots orginizations abound with mostly republician membership. If the strong hold is not broken in the state this year it never will be,. because of upcoming redistricting..
Thee good news is the NCGOP has made a decision that will, if understood by the voters send them flocking to non establishment candidates in the primiary, if these candidates can get their message out.

BenIsForRon
03-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Damn, I really wish Frank would just drop out. We could really use the money for the general instead.

Michigan11
03-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Damn, I really wish Frank would just drop out. We could really use the money for the general instead.

Once he wins the primary, it's game on! Then we need to raise big time money and get this one in the bag. Lawson would be Ron Paul #2 in the house.

dr. hfn
03-03-2010, 09:05 PM
I trust Lawson more than any other Liberty candidate