PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul agrees to debate Tim Graney, congressional candidate

Knightskye
02-12-2010, 12:52 AM
http://www.fortbendnow.com/2010/02/11/43890

“Paul has been spending the last year-and-a-half trying to audit the Fed. While that may be a noble idea, it is not something that is going put Americans back to work,” Graney said. “Instead of championing his own pet ideas, he should be working for the people he represents and bring forth reasonable ideas that will help propel our economy forward.”

Right, who needs a dollar with sound value? How's that going to propel the economy forward?

I can't wait to see this debate on YouTube. That guy is asking for it.

TastyWheat
02-12-2010, 09:29 AM
His proposal amounts to getting a blood transfusion while covered in leeches.

Dreamofunity
02-12-2010, 12:38 PM
Why debate the guy?

Should be interesting I guess, but Ron isn't the smoothest speaker. Seems like only negative things could come from giving some unknown the pedestal.

fatjohn
02-13-2010, 11:13 AM
yes but he shows his principles. Why not debate a guy with only 10 percent in the polls when 2 years ago he was that guy. It's shows he's better then the ghoulianis of the world.

Knightskye
02-14-2010, 12:10 AM
The ultra-libertarian views of the 20-year incumbent favor civil unions on the basis of “live and let live.” I reject this reasoning because we as a society have set and need to set limits on individual liberties on the basis of societal values.

He gives "public nudity" as an example of a "liberty" that needs curtailing on the basis of "societal values."

What does marriage have to do with nudity? :cool:

BlackTerrel
02-14-2010, 03:54 PM
Hmmm... very little upside to this.

You always want to go after or debate the guy who is bigger than you. It's true in politics, it's true in business, it's true in the music business. It's the reason rappers start feuds - but they always feud with someone bigger than them. And Jay-Z doesn't feud with anyone cause he's the biggest out there, and him calling someone out just gives them credibility.

I wish Ben Stein would have agreed to the debate. If I was RP I'd continue to call him out until he agreed.

Knightskye
02-15-2010, 11:23 PM
It's the reason rappers start feuds - but they always feud with someone bigger than them. And Jay-Z doesn't feud with anyone cause he's the biggest out there, and him calling someone out just gives them credibility.

For some reason, Graney seems like he would support an ordinance banning rapping in public.

EDIT: 6000th post!

rp08orbust
02-15-2010, 11:50 PM
I suppose that refusing to debate his primary challengers could hurt his case for being included in 2012 presidential debates. But this will definitely help Graney's campaign and do nothing for Ron's.

Imperial
02-16-2010, 06:01 PM
yes but he shows his principles. Why not debate a guy with only 10 percent in the polls when 2 years ago he was that guy. It's shows he's better then the ghoulianis of the world.

Too bad he didn't do that for Peden, a legit challenger.

leipo
02-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Hmmm... very little upside to this.

You always want to go after or debate the guy who is bigger than you. It's true in politics, it's true in business, it's true in the music business. It's the reason rappers start feuds - but they always feud with someone bigger than them. And Jay-Z doesn't feud with anyone cause he's the biggest out there, and him calling someone out just gives them credibility.

I wish Ben Stein would have agreed to the debate. If I was RP I'd continue to call him out until he agreed.

So, you think Ben Stein is bigger than Ron Paul? Come on, the guy is hardly relevant these days.

Anyway, i think it's very honorable of Ron Paul to take on the debate. He could have easily refused it, as he has to speak at CPAC on the same day. Instead, he's willing to take the time out of his schedule and debate the guy by video feed.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-16-2010, 08:07 PM
Ron is going to win. I just laughed if this guy thought Ron was an ultra-libertarian. I wonder what he would say to someone like Walter Block or Mary Ruwart haha. Man, that liberty, that there is one scary thing, best curtail it now, you hear (Cue Family Guy gay old guy voice). :p

Knightskye
02-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Ron is going to win. I just laughed if this guy thought Ron was an ultra-libertarian. I wonder what he would say to someone like Walter Block or Mary Ruwart haha. Man, that liberty, that there is one scary thing, best curtail it now, you hear (Cue Family Guy gay old guy voice). :p

"I got some libuhty in mah basement if you want some."

Hahahaha. :D

IPSecure
02-16-2010, 10:22 PM
Will there be a stream of the debate?

specsaregood
02-16-2010, 10:34 PM
I wouldn't worry about RPs congressional race. Not only is he secure in his district but the last thing TPTB want is a RP free to run around the country whipping up liberty activists into a frenzy without having to spend most of his time in D.C. to cast votes.

Knightskye
02-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Will there be a stream of the debate?

I don't even know what station this will be on. :D