PDA

View Full Version : Forming a republic in this Forum

sratiug
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Why can't we form a sort of forum republic. I've floated this idea, and it doesn't seem to be too popular here. But these endless battles between truthers and liars, anti-zionists and zionist racists, atheist heathens and god fearing folk get really old. I say separate the groups and let people move into them as they choose.

Bruno
02-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Probably because it is private property and the owners might not see it the way you do. The alternative is to start your own forum and make it the republic you want it to be

torchbearer
02-11-2010, 09:48 PM
the king of this domain wants to keep it that way.
it is his kingdom.

TCE
02-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Yeah! Let's talk about holding a coup to create anarchy on this board. Mods, can we get a sub-forum please? :)

sratiug
02-12-2010, 02:03 PM
Yeah! Let's talk about holding a coup to create anarchy on this board. Mods, can we get a sub-forum please? :)

We have anarchy now. I want to create a viable republic with different states of mind.

sratiug
02-12-2010, 02:05 PM
the king of this domain wants to keep it that way.
it is his kingdom.

Then I call for revolution.

torchbearer
02-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Then I call for revolution.

:D not sure if you can steal on web address and server- but you can try.

TCE
02-12-2010, 03:29 PM
We have anarchy now. I want to create a viable republic with different states of mind.

Don't we have a Republic now? We have psuedo-elected officials (I don't have a problem with the Mods/Admins) and there is a hierarchy. Expand?

mediahasyou
02-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Collectivism sucks because you cannot control the actions of group members.

There used to be a RPF Politcal Party Playground subforum. It was the one of the worst things to ever happen to RPF.

sratiug
02-12-2010, 04:07 PM
Don't we have a Republic now? We have psuedo-elected officials (I don't have a problem with the Mods/Admins) and there is a hierarchy. Expand?

We have many conflicting viewpoints on the forums. People here naturally divide themselves by their chosen point of view, just like people in the US naturally divide themselves into states by choosing a physical location. Lumping everyone together in this forum is akin to abolishing the 50 state governments. Just as people in Mississippi don't care to live like those in Massachusetts, zionists don't want to promote Ron Paul the way anti-zionists do. Christians don't want to promote Ron Paul in the same way as Muslims or atheists. Etc...

When separated, groups with similar ideology can work together on how to attract friends to Ron Paul without being side tracked unduely by those that think their beliefs are evil, immoral, stupid or fattening. So a "truther" subforum could have a truther moderator and limit the interference of the liar crowd. The "liars" could go to their subforum and bitch about truthers all they wanted. The separate subforums could compete to gain the most forum members.