PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh Attacked By NEOCONS

charrob
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
i happened upon the following links today. i joined the "american patriots against kokesh" site, stated I thought Adam was a true patriot, and later today saw that they cancelled my membership to the site. They have _lots_ of links to stuff about Adam on that site: it might be good to snoop around without giving away your real thoughts on Adam (as I did- which resulted in them cancelling my membership). It's so upsetting because Adam is such a great guy: we saw him at Ron Paul's Rev. Rally in D.C. in July 2008, and what a speech!

h ttp://thesilentmajority.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/say-no-to-ivaws-adam-kokesh-republican-for-congress/

h ttp://americanpatriotsagainstkokesh.ning.com/

Bruno
02-11-2010, 09:34 PM
you're probably going to be hard-pressed to change the mindset of anyone who joins those sites. Much better to donate to his campaign so he can spend that money reaching people who still are interested in hearing the truth

angelatc
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM
There are definitely some anti-Kokesh groups out there. I might be wrong, but I think a lot of it is because of his involvement with Iraq Vets Against The War. They consider him a traitor or something.

wd4freedom
02-11-2010, 09:39 PM
i happened upon the following links today. i joined the "american patriots against kokesh" site, stated I thought Adam was a true patriot, and later today saw that they cancelled my membership to the site. They have _lots_ of links to stuff about Adam on that site: it might be good to snoop around without giving away your real thoughts on Adam (as I did- which resulted in them cancelling my membership). It's so upsetting because Adam is such a great guy: we saw him at Ron Paul's Rev. Rally in D.C. in July 2008, and what a speech!

http://thesilentmajority.wordpress.com/2010/02/09/say-no-to-ivaws-adam-kokesh-republican-for-congress/

http://americanpatriotsagainstkokesh.ning.com/

charrob- my guess is that you are a plant , seeking to influence others to traffic these sites. Your wording above is highly suspicious but quite cunning. Hope the moderators cancel your membership here.

angelatc
02-11-2010, 09:43 PM
THey have a whopping 18 members. :)

We should start a Ning group "American Patriots Against War Mongering Americans Against Kokesh."

Or maybe not. ....

charrob
02-11-2010, 09:43 PM
that "I" am a plant? Are you insane??? I just wanted to get the word out-- and did so to C4L, DailyPaul, YAL, and anybody else that would listen. I want Adam to win: why would you say that?

angelatc
02-11-2010, 09:44 PM
that "I" am a plant? Are you insane??? I just wanted to get the word out-- and did so to C4L, DailyPaul, YAL, and anybody else that would listen. I want Adam to win: why would you say that?

We've had a tough day. Everybody's a bit on edge. Welcome, btw.

charrob
02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
angelatc, thanks. are there regs. for this site saying not to give links to sites that are trying to hurt the chances of someone as admirable as Adam? if there are, i apologize.

Young Paleocon
02-11-2010, 09:52 PM
angelatc, thanks. are there regs. for this site saying not to give links to sites that are trying to hurt the chances of someone as admirable as Adam? if there are, i apologize.

Not necessarily, it's just good policy to break the link up so as not to give hits out.

Ethek
02-11-2010, 09:54 PM
Not necessarily, it's just good policy to break the link up so as not to give hits out.

I got a ning site.. welcome to use it.

gadsdenunion.ning.com :P

charrob
02-11-2010, 09:58 PM
>>>Not necessarily, it's just good policy to break the link up so as not to give hits out.
<<<

oh geez, i really didn't think of that...and won't do it again. thanks for letting me know...

Bruno
02-11-2010, 10:03 PM
>>>Not necessarily, it's just good policy to break the link up so as not to give hits out.
<<<

oh geez, i really didn't think of that...and won't do it again. thanks for letting me know...

no worries, welcome to Liberty Forest. :)

Ethek
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Here is a personal view I have developed about Rand Pauls principled insistence on a declaration fo war. Adam is welcome to use it as talking points...

"Anyone that is as pro-liberty as Rand Paul knows that to actually have inaliable rights you must also have the ability to assert those rights by force if they are directly assulted, otherwise you actually have no rights whatsoever. With rights come equal responsibility to use that force only when justified.

That means a strong national defense is among the sole functions of government force. Proper responsiblity means a clear Declaration of War. Rand undeniably supports both."

charrob
02-11-2010, 10:08 PM
thanks Bruno...

charrob
02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
>>>That means a strong national defense is among the sole functions of government force. Proper responsiblity means a clear Declaration of War. Rand undeniably supports both."<<<

agreed-- and believe Rand mentioned this in his recent interview with Ron Paul. But what if the congress declares a war that is unjustified, e.g. going into Iran?

wd4freedom
02-12-2010, 12:07 PM

well charrob I can attest I am not insane at least as determined by the latest DSM guidelines, but then again everything is relative...

But here's the deal ... you are a new member for all of about 20 days... you start one post....and it points out links to likely the most non-trafficked, BS topics on the net...and then you suggest we "sign-up" and poke around a bit.

Others may say this is just a great discovery by you, so we can see what the "enemies" are saying about Kokesh. My observation is that you, and there are many many more like you, are nothing but a distractor....and a bad one at that.

You say insane...I say observant.

MelissaWV
02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
A dozen or so enemies doesn't seem like it's really worth joining them to snoop around about.

We have more people than that in the chatroom.

dannno
02-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Could we pull an Obama forums on that site?? On a real website? Make people who hate Adam look like terrible people?

The OP didn't specify that strategy.. but if they only have 18 members then damn.. seems like a pretty easy target.

Not that this will help the campaign, it would mostly be for entertainment purposes.

MR2Fast2Catch
02-12-2010, 12:24 PM
THey have a whopping 18 members. :)

LOL. I'm not worried about a group that small. The group supporting Adam (us) is WAY bigger.

dannno
02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
I signed up as USA USA USA, profile pending authorization ;)

I just want to F with them.

dannno
02-12-2010, 03:26 PM
I signed up as USA USA USA, profile pending authorization ;)

I just want to F with them.

Accepted!!

Looks like Mike M and "Cheney2012" have joined me as well :D

disorderlyvision
02-12-2010, 03:58 PM
lol @ cheney 2012

The Patriot
02-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Accepted!!

Looks like Mike M and "Cheney2012" have joined me as well :D
They banned me. I didn't even get to make a post before they suspended my Cheney2012 account. I guess the administrators realized no one but them likes Cheney and that it was a troll account.

barrysoetoro
02-12-2010, 08:43 PM
please ignore those idiots
kokesh shall prevail and piss in their cheerios :D

libertybrewcity
02-12-2010, 09:45 PM
not usually a snooper

Baptist
02-13-2010, 02:56 AM
<<<

Welcome to the site.

A bunch of people here are just upset because they after getting screwed over by Glenn Beck for 3 years, they just now figured out that he is not coming around, is not "getting it," and is not our friend. They found this out yesterday and are depressed over it.

dannno
02-13-2010, 03:33 AM
They banned me. I didn't even get to make a post before they suspended my Cheney2012 account. I guess the administrators realized no one but them likes Cheney and that it was a troll account.

Ya my account got suspended before I posted.

I got this message:

YOU HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED FROM AMERICAN PATRIOTS AGAINST KOKESH
Sorry, USA USA USA, you can not access American Patriots Against Kokesh as you have been suspended. If you think you've been suspended in error, you can contact the administrator.
Message to the Administrator:

So my "Message to the Administrator" was

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!!
:p

MelissaWV
02-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the site.

A bunch of people here are just upset because they after getting screwed over by Glenn Beck for 3 years, they just now figured out that he is not coming around, is not "getting it," and is not our friend. They found this out yesterday and are depressed over it.

That's awfully disingenuous of you. The fact of the matter is that when a brand spanking new account holder appears, and the topic is a "sky is falling" emergency, and the actual content links to another site (which the OP encourages readers to "make accounts" on)... it looks suspicious. It's been done before, on any number of sites, as a ploy to increase traffic and to increase teeny membership numbers. The fact the site only had a dozen or two members made that seem even more likely.

Suspicion, though, is not indictment, and so it seemed reasonable that it was an honest mistake.

To attribute it to being butt hurt over Glenn Beck is silly.

charrob
02-13-2010, 04:50 PM
wd4freedom: it was not my intention to 'distract' you for something you deem silly-- maybe it was silly. maybe i'm naive. i learned my lesson about posting links, and that it's best to break them up: and passed this idea on to others i know who are apparently as naive (as it's probably a good idea to do so even in emails to avoid any possible future gov't data-mining). -the last thing that ever occurred to me is that people would type in their own website address (ie. p a t r i o t s a g a i n s t k o k e s h) to see what other people or, other sites, on the web were talking about them!

and perhaps it was very silly to have seen these anti-kokesh websites and think the sky was falling. -but linking kokesh with groups like Code Pink and Answer, and calling him a 'commie traitor', is a tactic many average people would, unbelievably, fall for--, particularly republicans (i see it in people i know). People are brainwashed today and it's shocking to see how they just seem to follow whatever the media pours into their ears-- particularly about the big 'fear' word: "terrorism".

from someone who is apparently politically naive, here's what i saw that day upon doing a google for kokesh (who i _do_ want to see win!) and worried the sky was falling (at least for him):

1) the website: p a t r i o t s a g a i n s t k o k e s h , was _new_ and just starting up and being built-- they were just filling out the different areas of the site and discussing who would do what. That could, possibly, account for the fact that there were only 18 members, although i may be wrong.

2) they also had one page that had links to a number of media sources in New Mexico...so apparently they were/are planning to write stuff in various local newspapers, etc., in NM, etc. That could hurt Kokesh. i could kick myself right now for not writing down those media sources to refute anything they may be saying on those sources, but unfortunately they cancelled my membership.

3) not sure, but i think the N e w M e x i c o Independent was a link i retrieved from that site (that was one of the links in the first post on this thread)... -not sure it was people from this site, but i had forwarded the links to a number of R.Paul sites, and upon going back there that night, sure enough, a bunch of R.Paul people were really nailing them-- which was great! One person actually wrote into the comments, in response to one of my posts, that he/she cancelled my membership to the p a t r i o t s... site "as well as all my other 'asshat' friends"-- so apparently other R.Paul people did try to get into that site as well and were cancelled.

as for being a new member, i appreciate being on this site and learning from you. i may do some more stupid things (but surely not intentionally). i also may not be on this site that often-- there's only so much time in a day. the sites i've followed in the past have been the 'D a i l y P a u l', l i b e r t y m a v e n, b u c h a n a n.org, a n t i w a r .com, n o l a n c h a r t.com and a bunch of others-- i love Ron Paul and was totally impressed with Kokesh-- if he wins, it will mean, hopefully, when all the votes in the house are 434? to '1', maybe now it will be 433? to '2' : surely good Ron will have someone else to agree with him on foreign policy issues; as for me being a "plant": i have to giggle on that one: if anyone here at this blog went to the July 2008 Revolution in D.C. and saw two middle-aged peaceniks in the middle of the field holding a very high, rather large, sign with the words "No Iran War!" up in the air, that was us. ;-)

LittleLightShining
02-13-2010, 06:06 PM
Here is a personal view I have developed about Rand Pauls principled insistence on a declaration fo war. Adam is welcome to use it as talking points...

"Anyone that is as pro-liberty as Rand Paul knows that to actually have inaliable rights you must also have the ability to assert those rights by force if they are directly assulted, otherwise you actually have no rights whatsoever. With rights come equal responsibility to use that force only when justified.

That means a strong national defense is among the sole functions of government force. Proper responsiblity means a clear Declaration of War. Rand undeniably supports both."I think Adam's doing JUST FINE being Adam.

please ignore those idiots
kokesh shall prevail and piss in their cheerios :D+1

cnaw
02-13-2010, 08:36 PM
this just popped up on google alerts. More attacks on him, and they are making crazy claims using a copy (real?) of his DD-214 this time. I think desperation might be setting in.

h ttp://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-vetscor/2450885/posts

Tree of Liberty
02-13-2010, 11:23 PM
this just popped up on google alerts. More attacks on him, and they are making crazy claims using a copy (real?) of his DD-214 this time. I think desperation might be setting in.

Oh it seems they have the proof, looks like they are more organized than was thought

Tree of Liberty
02-13-2010, 11:26 PM
wd4freedom: it was not my intention to 'distract' you for something you deem silly-- maybe it was silly. maybe i'm naive. i learned my lesson about posting links, and that it's best to break them up: and passed this idea on to others i know who are apparently as naive (as it's probably a good idea to do so even in emails to avoid any possible future gov't data-mining). -the last thing that ever occurred to me is that people would type in their own website address (ie. p a t r i o t s a g a i n s t k o k e s h) to see what other people or, other sites, on the web were talking about them!

and perhaps it was very silly to have seen these anti-kokesh websites and think the sky was falling. -but linking kokesh with groups like Code Pink and Answer, and calling him a 'commie traitor', is a tactic many average people would, unbelievably, fall for--, particularly republicans (i see it in people i know). People are brainwashed today and it's shocking to see how they just seem to follow whatever the media pours into their ears-- particularly about the big 'fear' word: "terrorism".

from someone who is apparently politically naive, here's what i saw that day upon doing a google for kokesh (who i _do_ want to see win!) and worried the sky was falling (at least for him):

1) the website: p a t r i o t s a g a i n s t k o k e s h , was _new_ and just starting up and being built-- they were just filling out the different areas of the site and discussing who would do what. That could, possibly, account for the fact that there were only 18 members, although i may be wrong.

2) they also had one page that had links to a number of media sources in New Mexico...so apparently they were/are planning to write stuff in various local newspapers, etc., in NM, etc. That could hurt Kokesh. i could kick myself right now for not writing down those media sources to refute anything they may be saying on those sources, but unfortunately they cancelled my membership.

3) not sure, but i think the N e w M e x i c o Independent was a link i retrieved from that site (that was one of the links in the first post on this thread)... -not sure it was people from this site, but i had forwarded the links to a number of R.Paul sites, and upon going back there that night, sure enough, a bunch of R.Paul people were really nailing them-- which was great! One person actually wrote into the comments, in response to one of my posts, that he/she cancelled my membership to the p a t r i o t s... site "as well as all my other 'asshat' friends"-- so apparently other R.Paul people did try to get into that site as well and were cancelled.

as for being a new member, i appreciate being on this site and learning from you. i may do some more stupid things (but surely not intentionally). i also may not be on this site that often-- there's only so much time in a day. the sites i've followed in the past have been the 'D a i l y P a u l', l i b e r t y m a v e n, b u c h a n a n.org, a n t i w a r .com, n o l a n c h a r t.com and a bunch of others-- i love Ron Paul and was totally impressed with Kokesh-- if he wins, it will mean, hopefully, when all the votes in the house are 434? to '1', maybe now it will be 433? to '2' : surely good Ron will have someone else to agree with him on foreign policy issues; as for me being a "plant": i have to giggle on that one: if anyone here at this blog went to the July 2008 Revolution in D.C. and saw two middle-aged peaceniks in the middle of the field holding a very high, rather large, sign with the words "No Iran War!" up in the air, that was us. ;-)

too bad you are so misguided, you are more perceptive than these other tools

Ethek
02-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I think Adam's doing JUST FINE being Adam.

+1

I know where Adam is coming from and I am totally comfortable with him and his positions. Neocons are not even comfortable in thier own skin. Sometimes they need a little reassurance.

ronpaulhawaii
02-14-2010, 12:02 PM
haha - Now they are infighting over this

h ttp://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=17428

The post in which TAH defends IVAW’s Kokesh
February 14th, 2010
I really hate to do this - defending Adam Kokesh, member of IVAW and congressional candidate in New Mexico is probably my least favorite thing. But, I also hate it when people don’t tell the truth inadvertently or otherwise. Free Republic and American Patriots Against Kokesh have a thread questioning Kokesh’s Iraq vet creds. They both use a copy of Kokesh’s DD214 that I posted last year. That DD214 is one of three in his records - the last one. I posted it to prove he was not a sergeant when he was discharged.

Unfortunately, the amateurs didn’t come to me before they posted the DD214 and Free Republic didn’t link to me so I could help them avoid embarrassment. Here’s the DD214 that proves his service in Iraq.

You’ll notice the requisite medals in block 13, 6 months and 24 days of foreign service in block 12f. I also have the narrative for his Navy Commendation Medal for service in Fallujah. These all came as a result of POW Net’s FOIA to the records center.

Ya know how on television they always tell you tell you not to try stuff you see at home - this is one of those things.

6RaceBannon Says:
February 14th, 2010 at 10:15 am
No one tried to steal your information. In fact, since you never updated the page where that DD-214 was taken from, it is EASY to think it his DD-214 incomplete.

When a search for Kokesh and his DD-214 comes up on Google, the DD-214 that is posted on FR is the one that comes up.

If your page was edited to show there is more than one DD-214 issued for this guy, or if you had filled out the information correctly when you posted the orignal image, there would have been no error, for you, the holder of such documents, would have stated so on your website and those who went to that page would have been able to read it for themselves. Since you left out that information, it is easy for visitors to your website to be misinformed due to this lack of content on your original thread.

Next time, when someone mines your site, make sure your site explains in English what is what, not just a single page of a single picture and possibly mislead the honest to thinking what you posted was all there was.

You were trusted as a source and since the page where we got that image from says NOTHING about other DD-214’s, that fault is not with the person who uses the image to raise a question.

I do submit that I should have posted an obvious link to where I got the picture, that is my fault, however, right clickig on the image shows where I link from to get that image to post.
And in case you’re wondering, I did discuss this image with several vets before posting it and all had the same opinion I did, not just this old Marine. To try and call people amateurs just because you never inserted correct information in the original thread to tell the full story and now call users of that image amatuers, show that you have an amatuer streak yourself, for if your website has to be explained to what is missing, it is not complete and can, as shown with that image, to be misleading due to lack of adequate content.

8Jonn Lilyea Says:
February 14th, 2010 at 10:29 am
Like I said at FR, I knew this was going to end up being my fault. No one asked me about Kokesh’s DD214 even though I have a contact form expressly for that purpose, you didn’t link to me - yet somehow I’m at fault for not telling the world what I have in my files. If you discussed it with other veterans, why didn’t you discuss it with me? This blog is well-known through out the internet as the resident expert on IVAW.

For future reference, I have hundreds of military records on various IVAW members. I don’t mind sharing, but it’s not my responsibility to update YOU on what I have in my files. If you’re going to write about someone, do what I do - RESEARCH!

I’m sorry, but you, Race Bannon, are the one who looks foolish. I’m not an asshole, but I play one on the internet.

9RaceBannon Says:
February 14th, 2010 at 10:35 am
Well it may not be your responsibility to update an individual, but if you do NOT post something saying there IS MORE THAN THIS on that page, specifically that there are 3 DD-214’s, this error would have never happened.

Also, for people to claim this is a lie on my part? Fuck You!

I posted what was based entirely on that page where I found the image and based on the information on that page:h ttp://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=7296

For someone to stumble upon this, it appears to be a goldmine! And for veterans. it is easy to make a conclusion it is incomplete since we have our own to compare to.

I’m sorry you’re pissed off, honestly, but next time, make sure your site has correct information on somehting like this. This is the type of error that is an embarrassment to all invovled that wouldn’t have happened if you had complete information on your page, or edited afterwards.
It is You who posted that image first, what are people supposed to think?

lulz...

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/TAHscreenshot.jpg

Then there is this blog talk radio interview with one of them where she sounds like a crazy women and makes a complete fool of herself when she uses proof of his alleged "LIES LIES LIES!" his statement that he was a latecomer into IVAW. She insisted he was a "FOUNDER!!!"

I guess she doesn't do much fact checking as Adam was fighting in Iraq when IVAW was founded.

You can't make this stuff up.

We have a few things on the stove in response, meanwhile, I am ridiculing these shills on sites frequented by New Mexicans, while inserting our talking points and various videos that lurkers may enjoy ;)

ronpaulhawaii
02-14-2010, 01:05 PM

lulz...

h ttp://freerepublic.com/focus/f-vetscor/2450885/posts

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/freeperSS.jpg

Promontorium
02-14-2010, 05:26 PM
In other words

"Welcome to Ron Paul Forums if you provide anything new, you'll be labelled a plant, now gtfo."

MelissaWV
02-14-2010, 05:37 PM
In other words

"Welcome to Ron Paul Forums if you provide anything new, you'll be labelled a plant, now gtfo."

No. If your account is brand new, and you post trying to get people to go to another site rather than just explaining your point of view and leaving it at that, and especially if you're trying to get membership for that other site, and MOST of all if that site seems to have almost no members and the topic/OP would almost imply that it was some kind of organized army... it's going to raise eyebrows. If you answer those questions, those eyebrows often lower.

The OP took some time and responded to people, and put the issue to rest some time ago. One might question the motives of people who leap in here after the fact to stir the shit counter-clockwise, because I can't see a way in which it's constructive.