PDA

View Full Version : Ticketed tonight

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Got reigned in to a suspicionless roadblock on way back from county GOP meeting tonight. Expired license. buuuuuuuuurrrn. :mad: Leaving off the question about the validity of our system of licensing n the first place, suspicionless checkstops are the provence of Soviet Russia, IMHO.

PBrady
02-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Pretty sure when the SCOTUS allowed them, they acknowledged that they infringed on rights, but thought that it was minimal enough, and that the supposed benefits to society outweigh the invasion of liberties...

Stupid SCOTUS...

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2010, 09:16 PM
I asked a question tonight of GOP Congressional candidate Renee Ellmers for NC 2nd District if she would support the reauthorization of the Patriot Act, and she answered in almost the exact same way, that it does infringe on our rights, but that it was necessary and good, and she absolutely would reauthorize it.

Sorry folks, the Constitution is ALL OR NOTHING. These horrible people who stand up and claim that they will support the Constitution (well, except for this issue, and that issue, and the other issue) drive me frelling up a wall.

How can someone go off about the Constitutionality of the Dem's horrible death-care individual mandate like oh my God we need to obey the Constitution, but then when it's THEIR pet issue the Constitution doesn't FRAKKIN matter?

I keep this up I'm gonna punch holes in my wall.....

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
I asked a question tonight of GOP Congressional candidate Renee Ellmers for NC 2nd District if she would support the reauthorization of the Patriot Act, and she answered in almost the exact same way, that it does infringe on our rights, but that it was necessary and good, and she absolutely would reauthorize it.

Sorry folks, the Constitution is ALL OR NOTHING. These horrible people who stand up and claim that they will support the Constitution (well, except for this issue, and that issue, and the other issue) drive me frelling up a wall.

How can someone go off about the Constitutionality of the Dem's horrible death-care individual mandate like oh my God we need to obey the Constitution, but then when it's THEIR pet issue the Constitution doesn't FRAKKIN matter?

I keep this up I'm gonna punch holes in my wall.....

I find it interesting that the supreme law of the land, is the only law in this country that has no enforcement. It has no punishment. It has no sentencing. You can violate to your hearts content and nothing happens. How again, is that law?

I'm genuinely curious.

Oh PS: I got a ticket for that shit too. Expired license plate also, but they let me go on the expired license. 88$ Ticket >.> (Not trying to set you up or anything Gunny! Just seems odd, though doesn't it?)

RCA
02-11-2010, 09:20 PM
I find it interesting that the supreme law of the land, is the only law in this country that has no enforcement. It has no punishment. It has no sentencing. You can violate to your hearts content and nothing happens. How again, is that law?

I'm genuinely curious.

Oh PS: I got a ticket for that shit too. Expired license also, but they let me go on that. 88$ Ticket >.>

great point

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2010, 09:28 PM

I'm genuinely curious.

Oh PS: I got a ticket for that shit too. Expired license plate also, but they let me go on the expired license. 88$ Ticket >.> (Not trying to set you up or anything Gunny! Just seems odd, though doesn't it?)

Well, that's kinda the problem. Back when the Constitution was written, one of the few shortcomings of insight the founders had was to fail to establish an enforcement method for the Constitution. Personally, I would like to see legislators get 10 years at hard labor for every violation of the Constitution, and actually ENFORCE it!

muzzled dogg
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
cops suck

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
cops suck

They would probably suck a lot less if they weren't given blanket authorization by SCOTUS to piss on the Constitution.

Bruno
02-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Gunny. :(

Well, that's kinda the problem. Back when the Constitution was written, one of the few shortcomings of insight the founders had was to fail to establish an enforcement method for the Constitution. Personally, I would like to see legislators get 10 years at hard labor for every violation of the Constitution, and actually ENFORCE it!

Agreed. Waiting for a particular case to get pushed up through the courts and then for the Supreme Court to hear or choose to not hear a case to determine the constitutionality of a law may not have been the best approach.

GunnyFreedom
02-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Sorry to hear about that, Gunny. :(

It'll be ok, it's minor. It's the suspicionless checkpoint that torques me off, and the fact that i will have to come up with $500 from somewhere to renew my license and pay this ticket.

Agreed. Waiting for a particular case to get pushed up through the courts and then for the Supreme Court to hear or choose to not hear a case to determine the constitutionality of a law may not have been the best approach.

In my book, a legislator violating the Constitution is guilty of nothing less than TREASON, and should be prosecuted as such.

Matt Collins
02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Often times if you get it renewed and then go to court with the license the Judge will very possibly throw it out.

unklejman
02-18-2010, 10:28 PM
And still pay court costs....

Danke
02-18-2010, 10:30 PM
Good reason not to register in the first place.

squarepusher
02-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Often times if you get it renewed and then go to court with the license the Judge will very possibly throw it out.

+1

Indy Vidual
02-18-2010, 10:52 PM

And still pay court costs....

"Throw it out" has seen better times...
Years ago it was easier to get away with $0 cost; These days it is more like $90 minimum (good luck getting a better deal)

fletcher
02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Checkpoints have to be made public before they can take place. This lets you know the time and location of the checkpoint so you can avoid them. I set up a google alert to let me know about any checkpoints around me. It only takes a couple minutes and can save you a lot of money.

Indy Vidual
02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
...I set up a google alert to let me know about any checkpoints around me...

How?

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2010, 03:11 AM
Checkpoints have to be made public before they can take place. This lets you know the time and location of the checkpoint so you can avoid them. I set up a google alert to let me know about any checkpoints around me. It only takes a couple minutes and can save you a lot of money.

First I heard about this, may be a State law thing?

GunnyFreedom
02-19-2010, 03:13 AM

Yes, but due to the sensitivities involved, I will be renewing my license, and then selling some valuables and paying an attorney to handle it. That way it stays subdued.

payme_rick
02-19-2010, 06:49 AM
License Money Bomb?

Those checkpoints are scary sounding... I think we're still managing without them here... for how much longer I can't say...