PDA

View Full Version : Censorship at Independant Political Report.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
02-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I used to trust Independent Political Report for reliable third party news. I still trust most of the writers there. But after I published an article about Alex Jones there and the editor came under some pressure my article was deleted and I was removed as a writer.

This is the censored article. I would ask people to read it and take it into account when they consider involving Alex Jones in their activities for freedom.

The report was in reference to Alex Jones making an ass of himself at a recent event in Texas that the Libertarian Party there had co-sponsored to protest the closing down of some gun shows. This is the article that I had finally cut it down to:

Alex Jones clashes with Libertarians at a 2nd Amendment demonstration

February 11th, 2010 · 48 Comments

Note: This article has been updated with new information.
Trouble started at a recent rally to protest infringements to the 2cd amendment set up as a joint effort by a few political activist organizations TAG (Texans for accountable government), The Ladies Liberty Alliance, and the Liberty restoration project. The event was also co-sponsored by the Libertarian party of Texas. Current LP national Director Wes Benedict was an original founder of TAG; current Texas LP Director Robert Butler is a board member. The rally was underway by the time Alex Jones showed up with his own megaphone and started shouting over top of the speakers at the protest. There are several videos on Youtube taken from the scene that day. But some of the highlights include Alex Jones arguing with the organized protesters saying “You don’t know what your doing.” and to “Get out of my face!”. In addition to calling current Texas Executive Robert Butler who sits on the board of directors for TAG “A gay lawyer.”
This Youtube video includes excerpts from Alex’s radio show where he claims that it was his rally that was disrupted along with highlights of some of the various videos taken of this event.

YouTube - Alex Jones Crashes Austin Pro Gun Rally, Then Lies About It On His Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbfAXuqRbvk&feature=player_embedded)

As the video plainly shows, the protest was already underway when Mr. Jones arrived with his entourage and started speaking on his own megaphone making it difficult for the people assembled to hear the speakers.
On his radio show he thanked all his listeners that in his words made the event such a success, but the video also clearly shows that he showed up with less then a dozen people and that the rest of those assembled were gathered by the organizations that put together the rally.
In response to the difficulties of this incident an apology was issued by treasurer and founder of TAG, Chuck Young.
“Dear Chiefs Acevedo and Carter,
I’m writing this to offer my most sincere apologies for the boorish behavior of Alex Jones during the
recent 2nd amendment protest at APD HQ.
Mr. Jones was not invited by us and is not associated with TAG in any way. I found his actions divisive,
immature, rude, hateful, and provocative in the worst sense of the word. I was especially aggrieved at
Jones’ hysterical antics because, as the video record shows, I started the rally with (roughly) the following
statement:
“I’m here today armed with nothing but the Constitution. In addition to our right to bear arms, this great
document preserves our right to peaceable assembly. The operative word there is PEACEABLE – lets
keep it that way!”
While we at TAG may oppose APD on various points of policy, I want you to know that we, and I myself,
respect and appreciate the consummate professionalism with which you and your officers have always
conducted yourselves, in every single dealing I and other TAG principals have had with you.
Regards,
Chuck Young”
In an email from Chuck Young I received after initially publishing this article Mr. Young said the following: “We almost never do street actions without accompanying lobbying. Jones KILLED the lobbying, because the mainstream types whom we were working with (GOP, NRA) got scared off. So he literally made sure that nothing happened in
terms of any substantive policy change.”

NoHero
02-11-2010, 10:35 PM
I read this on the site today. First day i read the site, weird. I thought the article was great. Think maybe Alex is controlled opposition and breaking the media chokehold? *s pooky music with gravelly voiceover* ... but seriously.

Neil Kiernan Stephenson
02-12-2010, 12:31 AM
I know. My interactions with the the editor after that have been rather fishy too. I was kind of bummed out because IPR used to be a great resource.