PDA

View Full Version : What Will Debra Medina's Poll Results Be? (Guess Here)

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Howdy,

How will our candidate fair whenever the next poll is taken?

I'm going to be pessimistic and predict single digits; if I am wrong at least I can be happily disappointed.

:)

Regards,
Omphfullas Zamboni

BuddyRey
02-11-2010, 07:28 PM
29%

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
I can't say because nobody knows, but I expect her to be around 20-25% or so.

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 07:31 PM
What poll?

Jeros
02-11-2010, 07:32 PM
No change. The media has been calling her crazy and nonviable for weeks to no avail. She'll lose some because of this, but the overall trend will continue. Who knows though. Americans are weird.

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Unless she pulls off a miraculous bit of damage control, AND she plays the media right in the next few days, the next major, non-partisan poll will put her back at 10%.

steph3n
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Unless she pulls off a miraculous bit of damage control, AND she plays the media right in the next few days, the next major, non-partisan poll will put her back at 10%.
I agree.

I am even having trouble with how badly she bungled this ambush job. If she were to get elected, there would be a LOT of ambushes happening, how will she handle them?

dannno
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
I think her support will grow but the polls will be manipulated for the sole purpose of making people think that 9/11 truth is a huge turn-off for voters.

It is NOT surprising that those here who stand behind the official story lock-step think that she will lose a lot of support over this.. because part of the "official story" is that the majority of Americans actually buy the official story.

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:36 PM
I think her support will grow but the polls will be manipulated for the sole purpose of making people think that 9/11 truth is a huge turn-off for voters.

While I hate the idea of bringing up what is consistently the dumbest of online debates, 9/11 "truth" is a turn-off for voters.

RyanRSheets
02-11-2010, 07:37 PM

I doubt it. At best I would expect this event to do 5 points of damage. The amount of extra effort from her supporters might gain her 5 points. She's raised almost $45,000 today, after the interview. I don't know if you can FUD a governor's campaign as easily considering it's not a federal role.

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
I think it will have no real effect on the actual numbers. The MSM will widely report a poorly conducted poll that says she's 'sinking'

TonySutton
02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
32 in second place

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
What poll?

I was referring either to a poll issued by one of those institutions which attempt to gauge a candidate's popularity or--if none are forthcoming--then the results of the Texas Republican gubernatorial primary.

dannno
02-11-2010, 07:39 PM
While I hate the idea of bringing up what is consistently the dumbest of online debates, 9/11 "truth" is a turn-off for voters.

Most Americans question the official story. All she did was defend the right of people to do that.

9/11 truth is only a turn-off to the dumbest Americans.

johnrocks
02-11-2010, 07:40 PM
I was hoping in the 20's but now that the Beck interview has taken place, "i'm guessing at least a 3-5% drop. Like you, I'll be happy to be wrong if her numbers go up.

Koz
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
6% is my guess.

I have no problem keeping an open mind, especially when it comes to the government. But I have seen no evidence that the US Governnment is to blame for 9/11, except for the fact that it is blowback.

dannno
02-11-2010, 07:42 PM
:D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=231017

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 07:45 PM
:D

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=231017 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=231017)

Nice. ;)

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Most Americans question the official story. All she did was defend the right of people to do that.

9/11 truth is only a turn-off to the dumbest Americans.

Of course. Exactly. That's why no credible candidate goes near it. You got me.

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:46 PM
I'm done for the night, time will tell.

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM

You get payed by the post to smear liberty candidates?

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm done for the night, time will tell.

Musta got fired for ineffectiveness.

dannno
02-11-2010, 07:49 PM

They don't go near it because the media will destroy them.. because people will think that candidate has sunk themselves... because they buy into the propaganda... like you are doing now...

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:50 PM
They don't go near it because the media will destroy them.. because people will think that candidate has sunk themselves... because they buy into the propaganda... like you are doing now... like you do every single miserable fucking day...

Whatever you say man. I'll be in my black helicopter.

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Whatever you say man. I'll be in my black helicopter.

Don't forget to pack a parachute .... just in case. ;)

steph3n
02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
6% is my guess.

I have no problem keeping an open mind, especially when it comes to the government. But I have seen no evidence that the US Governnment is to blame for 9/11, except for the fact that it is blowback.

I see that they were inept, over confident, and unable to deal with their own internal issues that lead to external issues. they won't even admit that fully to this day.
But, she handled this question so wrongly.

specsaregood
02-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Based on the reaction I was hearing from listen to some local TX talk radio on the net, I'm predicting this will NOT hurt her but rather she will see another 4-5% bump. The vast majority of callers I heard were defending her and so were many hosts. This also resulted in a huge onslaught of new opportunities for her to be heard. I'm going with an overall win.

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Based on the reaction I was hearing from listen to some local TX talk radio on the net, I'm predicting this will NOT hurt her but rather she will see another 4-5% bump. The vast majority of callers I heard were defending her and so were many hosts. This also resulted in a huge onslaught of new opportunities for her to be heard. I'm going with an overall win.

People aren't totally blind to manipulation although it might appear differently at times. I suspect many people will see Beck's antics as ugly, irresponsible, and inconsiderate. Beck is the one who will likely suffer.

paulitics
02-11-2010, 08:43 PM
12 to 15% at best. She will gain on the internet, and across the country however. Her career is just getting started.

Beck will lose supporters nationally, and fox news will lose ratings because of this. Beck will never fully recover from his disrespect of a patriot. That is my prediction for what it's worth.

paulitics
02-11-2010, 08:48 PM

You might be right. Just browsing some of the neocon forums, there were more Medina supporters than I thought willing to stand with her. A few of them changed their minds after reading her statement for clarification. I would say it is about 60% for/ 40% against. I think it will be a win across the country, but a loss in Texas polls.

specsaregood
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
I think it will be a win across the country, but a loss in Texas polls.

I dont think so, let me expand upon it. What is more important to people in TX? 9/11 "truth" or money. I think it is clear that many TX voters see both Perry and Hutchison as corrupt politicians, while Medina is clearly not that and i offering to ry to eliminate their property taxes. My guess is that anybody that has ever struggled to pay their property taxes is going say, wtf do I care about something that happened 9 years ago and whether or not somebody thinks it was a conspiracy. What affects me right now are taxes. In short, I think they grossly underestimated how pissed people are right now and how many are hurting for $$$ and if anything I think this will help her.

Or I could be wrong, it remains to be seen.

Imperial
02-12-2010, 01:04 AM
The DMN article that just came out described best why this is a threat. Medina doesn't have the funding to answer attacks. As soon as Perry or Hutchison use this in an attack ad sent out to Repbulican primary voters, or even in a runoff, she suddenly can't answer to all of those households directly who dont follow politics every day.

This is the danger. It is how the establishment beat out Chris Daggett in NJ and it is how they will beat us in Texas. Her poll numbers will drop if this scenario happens.