PDA

View Full Version : Join hands with the left in the Beck boycott!!!!

Imperial
02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Remember the Beck boycott that started with Color of Change and DailyKos?

I think it is time for us to sign on. We are the other strong political force on the internet besides FDL and DKos. We can help take him out.

sevin
02-11-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm in.

Beck is a snake. Don't trust him.

Imperial
02-11-2010, 04:44 PM
Im writing diaries on DKos now and will repost to FDL later.

Let's dethrone this kingmaker!

Imperial
02-11-2010, 04:58 PM
bump this up http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/2/11/173921/657?new=true and check it out! Post everywhere you can on leftist websites.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 05:10 PM
bump this up http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/2/11/173921/657?new=true and check it out! Post everywhere you can on leftist websites.

What is this all about?

have made no secret of the fact that I am a libertarian and a Ron Paul supporter.

Eventually, he would turn on me. And he did. This time, it was on tea party insurgent Debra Medina in the Texas gubernatorial race. Now, I have significant misgivings about supporting Medina and acknowledge that White is a great Democrat for the job. But I made my decision to back Medina.

dannno
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM
How do we boycott Beck's sponsors without boycotting Stossel and Napolitano sponsors?

Imperial
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM
What is this all about?

I don't fully agree with Medina on immigration and nullification.

catdd
02-11-2010, 05:22 PM
How do we boycott Beck's sponsors without boycotting Stossel and Napolitano sponsors?

Do they have the same sponsors? Im not sure how that works.

Flash
02-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Do they have the same sponsors? Im not sure how that works.

During the original boycott very few sponsors took their ads off the network altogether. Most just moved from Beck to another show.

someperson
02-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but do those individuals who label themselves as "left" even watch Beck? My point is, isn't this activity mistargeted? The idea of boycotting is good, though, so carry on; I haven't owned a TV in a decade :)

Edit: Oh wait, you mean adding us to the existing boycott! Nevermind this post then ;)

Flash
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but do those individuals who label themselves as "left" even watch Beck? My point is, isn't this activity mistargeted? The idea of boycotting is good, though, so carry on; I haven't owned a TV in a decade :)

Edit: Oh wait, maybe you mean adding us to the existing boycott! Nevermind this post then ;)

Boycotting Beck doesn't mean we all have to stop watching him. Even tough most of us will. It means we will go after his sponsors and hurt him and his network financially. This has caused Beck serious trouble in the past.

someperson
02-11-2010, 05:31 PM
I apologize; I misunderstood the boycott. I didn't realize the plan was for us to join with their existing boycott against him and his sponsors. Now that I understand, I fully support this idea :)

TastyWheat
02-11-2010, 06:25 PM
Doesn't look like it's happening. Most of the libs are saying it's too little too late.

Athan
02-11-2010, 06:39 PM
I think calling him Benedict Arnold in the public discussion is effective as well.
What other fucker was this big of a traitor to the first the American Revolution?

GLENN "BENEDICT ARNOLD" BECK

TastyWheat
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
How about Glenn "Judas" Beck?

Athan
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm up for it. As long as it is a traitor's name.

TruckinMike
02-11-2010, 09:07 PM
BAD IDEA.

Many people that we are slowly educating (neocons) already view us as leftists... joining a bunch of leftist will seal the deal. And Not in a good way.

In sales... you never want to link yourself with anything that could tarnish your product or reputation. Thats why you see advertisers stop sponsoring folks after embarrassing situations arise. --- yes, I know, that is your point, but we CANNOT make an impact that would seriously effect them --- BUT, we would definitively link ourselves to leftists. And that is not a good thing.

ie - Thats like supporting Medina with 911 truth banners.

TMike

John of Des Moines
02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Boycott Beck's advertisers and let them know about it.

OT - How you doing Mike?

AuH20
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
BAD IDEA.

Many people that we are slowly educating (neocons) already view us as leftists... joining a bunch of leftist will seal the deal. And Not in a good way.

In sales... you never want to link yourself with anything that could tarnish your product or reputation. Thats why you see advertisers stop sponsoring folks after embarrassing situations arise. --- yes, I know, that is your point, but we CANNOT make an impact that would seriously effect them --- BUT, we would definitively link ourselves to leftists. And that is not a good thing.

ie - Thats like supporting Medina with 911 truth banners.

TMike

:eek: Exactly. Empower the left to destroy us in the end, once they destroy the mainstream right? We thrive in a climate where both parties are weakened and pitted against each other. F them. They don't like Beck because he exposes the sins of their welfare state as well as their fascist tendencies. I say let them bleed, while we get our house in order.