PDA

View Full Version : C4GOP? You decide...

LittleLightShining
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
SCGOP unveils agreement with Tea Party activists (http://www.palmettoscoop.com/2010/02/09/scgop-unveils-agreement-with-tea-party-activists/)

FLOYD ANNOUNCES ONE OF FIRST SUCCESSFUL COALITIONS BETWEEN REPUBLICANS, TEA PARTY

The South Carolina Republican Party on Monday formally unveiled plans to partner with activists in the Tea Party movement and other conservative groups.

SCGOP Chairman Karen Floyd said the state party was implementing a model created by the Greenville County Republican Party and the Upstate Coalition of Conservative Organizations to share resources, coordinate messaging and push the GOP further to the right.

Floyd named Patrick Haddon to oversee the effort and lauded his work with the Greenville County GOP to build coalitions with conservative groups statewide in the area.

“There is far more that unites us as conservatives than divides us, and I give all the credit to these groups for moving forward in this cooperative spirit,” Floyd said. “More and more Americans are waking up to realize that as government’s role grows, our liberty shrinks. I have been proud to see so many activists – Republican and independent – rise up to make their voices heard for the principles of lower taxes, individual liberty, and limited government. This is part of our Party reaching out and listening to those very citizens.”

The new coalition will include local Tea Party groups as well as the Campaign for Liberty, a libertarian group associated with Congressman Ron Paul.

Floyd’s deal with the Tea Party activist is one of the first successful attempts by either party to build a formal coalition with the grassroots group, which sprang up last year out of anger over big government and fiscal irresponsibility.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Wasn't it SC that just enacted the Draconian anti-patriot law?

Ah-hah! It was:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230228

Go DIAF SC.

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
What am I missing? What's wrong with them doing this? They're blasting our message into the Republican party. That's a good thing from where I stand.

LibertyMage
02-11-2010, 04:32 PM
NOT stepping in front of the Tea Party has been the problem with the C4L for some time now. I am glad they are finally getting the message. Good job, C4L.

disorderlyvision
02-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Kinda funny they would do it AFTER the tea party was hijacked by neocons... pretty telling of their loyalties

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
They better register with the state:

No joke: South Carolina now requires ’subversives’ to register

The state's "Subversive Activities Registration Act," passed last year and now officially on the books, states that "every member of a subversive organization, or an organization subject to foreign control, every foreign agent and every person who advocates, teaches, advises or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States ... shall register with the Secretary of State."

There's even a $5 filing fee.

By "subversive organization," the law means "every corporation, society, association, camp, group, bund, political party, assembly, body or organization, composed of two or more persons, which directly or indirectly advocates, advises, teaches or practices the duty, necessity or propriety of controlling, conducting, seizing or overthrowing the government of the United States [or] of this State."

http://rawstory.com/2010/02/south-carolinas-subversive-activities-registration-act-force/

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Kinda funny they would do it AFTER the tea party was hijacked by neocons... pretty telling of their loyalties

That's not true. They spoke at that big one not too long ago. And they've been encouraging the grassroots to get involved spreading our message. After all, that's what most of C4L is -- the grassroots of C4L.

Petar
02-11-2010, 06:22 PM

And what does it tell us about your loyalties, when you choose to promote such a baseless and negative assumption about the C4L?

disorderlyvision
02-11-2010, 07:11 PM
And what does it tell us about your loyalties, when you choose to promote such a baseless and negative assumption about the C4L?

It tells you my loyalties do not lie with an organization

That's not true. They spoke at that big one not too long ago. And they've been encouraging the grassroots to get involved spreading our message. After all, that's what most of C4L is -- the grassroots of C4L.

yup MOST, just not the ones at the top

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
yup MOST, just not the ones at the top

Actually, didn't John Tate speak at a huge one? Because that is what I recall.

rancher89
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
Ron encouraged us to get involved in the party of our choice, but he did say that he thought the best way to make the most inroads was within the GOP. This has come at a cost, to some, that is unbearable. I understand.

I have issues with some of the rhetoric and possible ramifications of the rise of the tea party movement, BUT they are in favor of smaller government and fewer taxes.

It's the war, as usual that separates us from them. That's a big, huge, monsterous difference that is not easily swept away, and I don't intend to back off on the issue.

I posted this 2-8-10.....this seems to have been the genisis.....

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230431&highlight=SC+tea+party

Greenville County Republican Party

For immediate Release:

Greenville County Republican Party Leader meets with Coalition Group Leaders

The GCRP Chairman met with more than a dozen state Tea Party / Liberty group Leaders.

Greenville, SC, February 2, 2010

After unveiling a plan to implement a Tea Party Republican organization and receiving feedback from the Upstate Coalition of Conservative Organizations the Greenville County GOP changed direction out of respect for the Coalition. Embarking on the most crucial election cycles in recent history and seeing the vast importance of working together the Chairman of the Greenville County Republican Party met with more than a dozen Tea Party/Liberty Group Leaders on Sunday afternoon to come together in a strategy session to decide the future of their relationship.

"This was a very successful meeting of true conservatives and true patriots. When both organizations work toward a common goal you have a winning strategy that will affect the country for the best and that will win elections. Said Patrick Haddon, Chairman of the Greenville County Republican Party

Both Sides walked away from the meeting agreeing that the Tea Party movement should stay independent from any party and should continue their movement. They also agreed that the GOP will not implement a Tea Party Republican organization. We believe that this will stir the hearts of the American people and force those Republicans that do not stand on and vote for conservative principles to reflect on the energy and distrust the people have against them. These groups commented that they will vote Conservative, but will not vote for those that do not hold dear the Tea Party Principles.

Both sides came to the table with concerns but at the end of the meeting misunderstandings were dispelled and both sides were eager to cooperate with one another to meet their ultimate goals.

"We are encouraged with the outcome of the meeting and believe that adhering to this agreement will benefit the Republican Party as well as our State by moving toward more conservative representation of the citizens of South Carolina." Said Harry Kibler spokesman for the Upstate Coalition of Conservative Organizations

Both sides left the meeting encouraged and excited about things to come for both groups and believe this can be the standard for all Republican and Coalition Organizations around the state and country.

"We are excited about the future of our relationship to meet the goals from both sides understanding that we both need each other to make real change for the country." Said Patrick Haddon

A press conference is planned for next week at the Greenville County Republican Headquarters located at 850 Wade Hampton Blvd. the time and date will be announced soon. At the press conference everyone involved will speak in more detail about the relationship.

Contact

Patrick Haddon, Chairman
864-320-1946

chairman@greenvillegop.com

AND

Harry Kibler, Spokeman

Upstate Coalition of Conservative Groups

864-313-8615

harrykibler@yahoo.com

Patrick Haddon

Chairman

Greenville County Website

www.greenvillegop.com

Petar
02-11-2010, 08:20 PM
It tells you my loyalties do not lie with an organization

It tells me that you are willing to spew baseless innuendo against our sister organization, probably because you are not on the same side as us.

LittleLightShining
02-16-2010, 07:13 AM
It tells me that you are willing to spew baseless innuendo against our sister organization, probably because you are not on the same side as us.

rpf is NOT a sister organization to rpf.

pacelli
02-16-2010, 07:18 AM

Did you work for the Gulag system in Russia? You are a real piece of work.

jmdrake
02-16-2010, 07:50 AM
rpf is NOT a sister organization to rpf.

I think you meant "rpf is not a sister organization to C4L". ;)

specsaregood
02-16-2010, 08:29 AM
For immediate Release:
Greenville County Republican Party Leader meets with Coalition Group Leaders
The GCRP Chairman met with more than a dozen state Tea Party / Liberty group Leaders.
Greenville, SC, February 2, 2010

It is promising that this is coming from the Greenville GOP.
Flashback 2.5 years ago. The Spartanburg GOP (next door to greenville) shunned Dr. Paul and didn't invite him to a candidates forum. Dr. Paul ended up having a rally in Greenville and IIRC he Greenvile GOP Chair was friendly and inviting to him and all of us. Wasnt that also where we did the canned food drive?

romacox
02-16-2010, 08:49 AM
This is a copy of a news letter sent out by my local Tea Party

Republican Party Raids the Tea Party

Good morning, patriots, the battle is finally upon us.

We knew this was coming, we just didn't know when the first cannonballs would fire.

Stand firm, patriots, and embrace your beliefs in the fight for America's survival.

Be brave, patriots of the Tea Party Movement. Do not faint.

The Republicans are coming. The Republicans are coming.

"Across the country, conservative Tea Party activists - many new to politics and unaffiliated with, if not averse to, the Republican Party - are increasingly finding themselves the target of intense GOP courting headed into the critical 2010 midterm elections," according to a report from Politico.Com. (http://topics.politico.com/index.cfm/topic/TeaParty)

"Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele plans to meet Tuesday (Feb. 16) with about 50 Tea Party leaders," Politico.Com said. "The California GOP chairman recently trained tea partiers on political organizing and is planning a party-sponsored rally. The South Carolina GOP has a resource-sharing agreement with Tea Party groups. The North Dakota party chairman hosted a Tea Party-GOP rally Friday and is urging fellow state chairs to do the same."

Steele's planned Tuesday meeting with Tea Party leaders from "at least a dozen states - a meeting organized by Karin Hoffman, founder of a South Florida tea party group called DC Works For Us - represents something of a breakthrough in the GOP's courting of the Tea Party" Politico.com reported.

"The whole impetus for the movement was that we were not being heard," Hoffman told Politico.Com

"This meeting is really a natural outcropping of that- bringing the discussion from the grassroots movement to the political establishment and having an honest discussion about who we are, what the grassroots movement has done and what we can do, but also what we want to see," Hoffman said.

The GOP epitaph hasn't been written yet, but the handwriting is on the wall - the Republican Party is desperately trying to survive by raiding the Tea Party Movement.

The Grand Old Party has become the Gone Old Party.

Where are the Republican Party leaders? Where are the Republican plans, programs and agendas to restore the country to its strength and viability? What does the Republican Party stand for?

Republican Party operatives daily are trying to undermine one of the best citizen movements since the 18th century.

The GOP has orchestrated an attempt to assimilate the Tea Party Movement into the same old political country club it has fostered since the assassination of Lincoln.

Consider these other failures:

--The 2008 presidential election. I respect John.McCain for all he has done for America. But, McCain and running mate Sarah Palin? What was that?

-- The quagmire of the 2006 and 2008 elections looked like a full military retreat (without any ammunition) as Republicans surrendered Congress to the Democrats.

-- The 2000 presidential election. George W. Bush, financed to the hilt, struggled against Al Gore - I mean, Al "Global Warming" Gore - in Florida and the courts. The dubious win still haunts the halls of democracy.

-- 1992 presidential election? George H.W.Bush. Loved the guy, but anybody in Washington could tell you the White House was in disarray. And "Listen Up, Americans," Ross Perot enabled a Clinton victory while warning us about "the great sucking sound" of jobs crossing our borders under NAFTA.

-- Jimmy Carter and the Ford-Reagan rift of 1976.

-- Nixon. 1972. Enough said.

The Republican Party has been ferociously pursuing the Tea Party Movement and its participants. It hopes this burgeoning grassroots force of mainstream Americans will drive the party back into a meaningful place in the nation's decision-making.

The Gone Old Party has finally looked into the streets of America and recoiled in fear.

The GOP is afraid because the Tea Party Movement stands for what the former Republican Party stood for: the Constitution, family, moral values, freedom, the Bill of Rights, strong defense, homeland security and promises of the Declaration of Independence to pursue life liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

It is no secret the former Republican Party has been trying to recruit The Tea Party and its participants.

A recent convention in Nashville promoting former GOP vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin repulsed most Tea Party participants -- who stayed away by the thousands.

I thought JB Williams summed up the event well in the Canada Free Press on Feb. 13:

"What aimed to be nothing more than a profit venture in Nashville has indeed turned out to be a unifying event. The millions who declined to attend the event in Nashville are more unified than ever, to some degree, as a direct result of the media circus in Nashville," Williams said.

"Palin's effort to create an impression of RNC Tea Party unity before heading off to campaign for Tea Party archenemy John McCain, backfired. It has instead, been reported as a failed palm cluttered crib note attempt to hijack the movement, or more accurately, create that impression for the press."

The Republican Party also has added to public confusion about the Tea Party Movement on the Internet. As if announcing a marriage, either the Republican National Committee or some individual on behalf of the party has established this Web site: TeaParty.GOP.com

This is a flagrant and insulting attempt by the political party to co-opt the efforts of the well-meaning participants in the Tea Party Movement.

"The movement remains open to everyone, regardless of affiliation. We have no labels. Our mission, based on constitutional principles, speaks for itself," said Billie Tucker, co-founder of First Coast Tea Party in Florida.

"Our Constitution describes the level of influence our government should have over us. It was created to give us freedom and liberty with limited government influence in our lives," she said. "We are all for limited government and understand well that we need a government to protect us and ensure our freedoms. Without government, we would be a bunch of individuals doing our own thing and we would have not one to protect us by enforcing laws."

Perhaps the Republican Party could also use these Web sites: MickeyMouse.GOP.com, Motherhood.GOP.com, USArmedForces.GOP.com, WhiteHouse.GOP.com, MissAmerica.GOP.com or GoneOldParty.com.

Americans have been once again duped by the "news media," a congregation of lazy lackards who no longer are interested in the truth.

Bill O'Reilly and the "O'Reilly Factor," on Fox News, has contributed to the confusion about the true nature of the Tea Party Movement.

In January, host Bill O'Reilly characterized Tea Party participants as "hard right."

"The Tea Party Movement stands firm on constitutional principles and we do not believe that would be considered 'hard right.'" the Tea Party's Tucker said. "We believe our founding documents are a contract that should not be broken because one group or one individual decides it is so."

O'Reilly also said the Tea Party participants were "anti-government."

The Tea Party's Tucker said emphatically that description is false.

In a program featuring U.S. Rep. Michelle Bachmann, R-Minn., O'Reilly pressed Bachmann on the Tea Party.

O'REILLY: Will the Tea the Party become the dominant force of the Republican Party?

BACHMANN: Well, I think they will. And if the Republican Party is smart, they will embrace the Tea Party Movement.

The Tea Party's Tucker, who has since met with Bachmann, said, "We like Michelle and feel she understands us. The Tea Party Movement stands outside the walls of both political machines. Our job is to put pressure on both parties to wake them up and return them to their rightful corners."

Tucker added that the political arena is changing rapidly.

"Both [major] parties have changed drastically and do not appear to be Democrats or Republicans. A perfect outcome would be for both parties to return to their roots and get rid of the far left and far right manipulators who have taken over both parties," Tucker said.

In December, O'Reilly interviewed Ned Ryun, president of the American Majority, an organization that trains Tea Party participants, and Fox News analyst Mike Gallagher, a radio talk show host.

"A new Wall Street Journal poll says there is a big political change going on in America right now. Thirty-five percent of Americans see the Democratic Party favorably. Twenty-eight percent say they like the Republican Party. But a whopping 41 percent now say they support the Tea Party, which is stunning when you think about it," O'Reilly said to open the segment.

"So will the Tea Party become America's third political party?" he asked. "So the Tea Party is now, I think, threatening the Republican Party. Just - this is almost the exact opposite of what we just talked about, where the far left is threatening the Democratic Party. Now the Tea Party is threatening the Republican Party."

GALLAGHER: I've happily traded my Republican card for a Tea Party card, if there was such a thing.

O'REILLY: ...OK, are willing to throw the Republican Party under the bus. Why? What's wrong with the GOP?

GALLAGHER: There's a lot wrong with the GOP. The GOP isn't acting like the GOP anymore, and the Republican leadership, many men and women I admire, are acting like we have to go to the middle. We have to go ...

O'REILLY: So they're too wimpy?

GALLAGHER: Well, yeah, but they're afraid. They're afraid to play ball the way the left play balls. I mean, these guys play hard ball. You know what the radical left is like. And even moderate Republicans are afraid to roll up their sleeves. The Tea Party spirit, and I was all over the country... I spoke at rallies in Dallas and South Carolina and Los Angeles. The movement is passionate....

O'REILLY: Mr. Ryun, what is the key to somebody watching now? We're in about 90 countries all over the world. So somebody watching us now in, say, Africa, and they don't understand what the Tea Party is all about. Give me one or two sentences to sum it up.

RYUN: It's a group of very concerned and growing American citizens, who are deeply concerned about the fiscal issues that we're confronting, the idea and the role of government, and the role it should play in people's lives ...

RYUN: You know, here's the thing. I would say a lot of them are socially conservative, but the issues that are driving them are the ideas of limited government, fiscal responsibility. ...

On the Feb. 5 "O'Reilly Factor," news correspondent Chris Wallace, commenting on the gathering of Tea Party participants, said, "This is middle America. ... they're 'Joe' and 'Jan' from Indiana who own a small business. These are not radicals, but they feel radicalized and want to start this new movement. They are certainly not crackpots - I was just in a workshop and this is very practical nuts and bolts stuff about how you organize a political movement."

"The O'Reilly Factor" added to the Web site information that "tea partiers seem to be winning over other Americans: 'I don't know whether this is just a hobby or whether this is developing into a serious political movement, but there's a new poll out that shows most Americans have a favorable view of the Tea Party."

The Tea Party Movement is approaching its first birthday.

"Almost a year later, the ball still rolls. The Tea Party movement is one of the most noteworthy grassroots uprisings in recent American political history. And one of the most misunderstood," says Mark Davis, columnist for the Dallas Morning News.

"The people drifting toward the Tea Party movement are not extreme. They are, in fact, fighting extremism - the extremism that has brought us a government that takes far too much, spends far too much and runs our lives far too much.

"At long last, people who might disagree on a number of other things are uniting in a fight for strong but limited government, run responsibly and frugally. It took Democrats and Republicans to create this mess, and entrenched members of both parties could soon find themselves back in the private sector if the enthusiasm of tea parties and town halls carries all the way to the November elections.

"With participants from so many walks of life, and no rigid structure or leadership, it can be a challenge to define exactly what the Tea Party movement is. But I'll tell you one more thing that it is not: It is not going away," Davis writes.

Hello, naysayers in the grandstand. Tea Party participants are serious about the movement and they are watching anyone or any party who wants to hijack the movement.

jmdrake
02-16-2010, 09:03 AM
This really is a game of high stakes poker. Remember Ron Paul asked his supporters to try to take over the GOP. And of course we should expect our adversaries to try to do the same to us in the process. We may win everything, and we may lose our shirts.

While I'm not just talking about S.C., that does provide good talking points. Certainly some good things have come from C4L activists in S.C. (censoring of Lindsey Graham for instance). Yes the S.C. "patriot act" is a bad thing. But hopefully the C4L will feel empowered enough to do more than censor people over bailouts. And ultimately nothing will change until solid local candidates are run for office.

The bigger picture is this. The closer we get to actual power the more likely it is that we'll be corrupted by that power. That was the main message behind the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There is a natural tension between principles and political expediency. The whole "Ken Buck" fiasco simply highlighted it. If were honest with ourselves, Buck's positions aren't that far off from candidates that have been by in large embraced by this movement. Buck hasn't advocated bombing Iran under some WMD intelligence hypothetical. Buck isn't the only one to take the position that, while the Afghan was should have been "declared", we may need to stay there at this point. And I didn't see Buck take the position that it's ok to use confessions take from torture.

Right now this tension has us split in 3 camps. One camp thinks we can win and be true to our principles. I'll admit that's the camp I'm in. No you can't win the presidency that way, at least not yet. But you can win local and even statewide elections that way. Then there's the "Say whatever it takes to get elected" camp. Note, this is different from the "don't lay all of your card out on the table" camp. It's one thing to simply be vague about certain topics that you know could lose you votes. It's another to straight up lie. Note I'm not accusing any candidates of lying. But I have seen people on the forum say things like "Well I hope candidate so and so will lie and do whatever it takes to win. If it turns out that he actually meant that crap we'll deal with that later." Indeed that's the strategy that G. Edward Griffin lays out in his "An Idea Who's Time Has Come" speech. Lastly, there's the hardcore neocon camp. I'm talking about people who back (or claim to back) our candidates, but who are lock step with people like Dick Cheney and Bill Kristol when it comes to foreign policy. This isn't just folks who say "Sarah Palin can help us a lot". It's people who actually think that staging coups and promoting terrorism against countries that haven't attacked us is ok because the "barbarians" didn't honor British Petroleum's oil contracts.

So here's the problem. How do you sort out candidates from camps 2 and 3? Had Ken Buck not been so blatant about his Afghan policy, we might be organizing moneybombs for him. (Although some still would have been upset over the "hate crimes" stuff). Then next election cycle he could have had the same pro war stuff up on his website and camp 2 might have said "He's just saying what he needs to say to get elected" and camp 3 would have been gung ho for his position.

Anyway, I don't have any answers. Just a word of hope and a word of warning. The word of hope is that moves like what's happening in S.C. could very well push us further toward the common goal of restoring the republic. The word of warning is that we could find ourselves co-opted and corrupted like the Christian right and no further toward our ultimate goal than when we started.

Regards,

John M. Drake

newbitech
02-16-2010, 09:29 AM
re: Buck, I think more would be upset about the blatant 4th amendment violations during his tenure as prosecutor. But geez, how many constitutional violations does it take to get the center of a _______?

I suppose 1st amendment violations come before 4th amendment violations in the constitution, so if we were going down that list of actions that the government is explicitly prohibited from being involved with, dealing with the hate crimes would be first on the list.

I pick on illegal search and seizure violations because I think that is where the ad money came from, namely the police benevolent association in Denver. Just makes sense. And what better way to get around 4th amendment violations as a prosecutor than to send a congressman up the hill to "fight" for your "right" to seize evidence unlawfully? War on Drugs anyone?

Buck is an interventionist to the core. If I was in CO, I'd be looking for someone else to get behind or trying to change government in a different way. IMO, Buck is too far gone to be redeemed. The only reason I cannot run on my local level is because of guys like him who think they are above the law. Well, when someone tells me how I can go about redeeming myself, then I'll gladly change my mind about Buck. Until then, anyone, whoever you are, that thinks Buck can be salvaged still hasn't gotten out of bed yet (metaphorically speaking of course.)

therepublic
02-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I think what liberty means is to not force our opinion or control on individuals, but on the government...Three camps of liberty minded people can be a good thing. At this time C4L members are active in just about all the movements that are for liberty...from the Tea Party, to RlC to here. And each individual, based on the situation they find themselves in, has to make their own decisions. The battle is fought on the front lines, and not in the "white house" sort of speaking.

Differences of opinion do not concern me. But we do need to be cognizant of the fact that the opposition will try all means to bring us down...to divide us, not by our differences, but by labels and attacks so as to get us fighting among each other. That is easy to counter: simply do not bully others (do not attack others because they disagree) . Disagree agreeably. In other words don't let them turn us into canabels: those who eat our own. Instead protect one another from such bullying

constituent
02-16-2010, 11:35 AM
I suppose 1st amendment violations come before 4th amendment violations in the constitution, so if we were going down that list of actions that the government is explicitly prohibited from being involved with, dealing with the hate crimes would be first on the list.

I pick on illegal search and seizure violations because I think that is where the ad money came from, namely the police benevolent association in Denver. Just makes sense. And what better way to get around 4th amendment violations as a prosecutor than to send a congressman up the hill to "fight" for your "right" to seize evidence unlawfully? War on Drugs anyone?

That's an interesting hypothesis...

rancher89
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
It is promising that this is coming from the Greenville GOP.
Flashback 2.5 years ago. The Spartanburg GOP (next door to greenville) shunned Dr. Paul and didn't invite him to a candidates forum. Dr. Paul ended up having a rally in Greenville and IIRC he Greenvile GOP Chair was friendly and inviting to him and all of us. Wasnt that also where we did the canned food drive?

Yes the Spartanburg GOP shunned RP and Greenville was receptive, so was Rock Hill IIRR....

I don't remember for sure about the canned food drive, there were so many things going on at once---maybe someone else will have a better memory than you and me. :o