PDA

View Full Version : Do we have any Incumebts in Washington DC that are like Ron Paul?

K466
02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
Is there anyone in federal office today that is like Ron Paul? I've been told before that there's a few but I have not found them.

Flash
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Jeff Flake and others are close. But they are no Ron Paul. Thats why we need to support people like Rand Paul, Debra Medina, & Kokesh.

erowe1
02-11-2010, 04:54 PM
I'd say the closest in the House is Jimmy Duncan. Then I'd put Jeff Flake, Walter Jones, and a few other House members just another notch down. There's nobody as good as any of those in the Senate, though Demint is probably the most benign tumor in that body. I'd also put Clarence Thomas up in the ranks of those better House members, and the other conservative justices close behind him.

John Hostettler was in the House up until 2007, and I'd put him very close to Ron Paul, and even a notch above Jimmy Duncan.

It's also not that long ago that Mark Sanford and Gary Johnson were in the House, and they were very good too.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 05:07 PM
I'd say the closest in the House is Jimmy Duncan. Then I'd put Jeff Flake, Walter Jones, and a few other House members just another notch down. There's nobody as good as any of those in the Senate, though Demint is probably the most benign tumor in that body. I'd also put Clarence Thomas up in the ranks of those better House members, and the other conservative justices close behind him.

John Hostettler was in the House up until 2007, and I'd put him very close to Ron Paul, and even a notch above Jimmy Duncan.

It's also not that long ago that Mark Sanford and Gary Johnson were in the House, and they were very good too.

Um, Gary Johnsons only political office was as NM Governor.

TastyWheat
02-11-2010, 05:20 PM
I think Duncan and Flake are still hawks but they seem to vote very close to Ron on domestic issues.

klamath
02-11-2010, 05:31 PM

dr. hfn
02-11-2010, 05:32 PM
paul ryan?

erowe1
02-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Um, Gary Johnsons only political office was as NM Governor.

Oh yeah, that's right. I might have been thinking of Butch Otter.

TastyWheat
02-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Duncan was the other Republican that voted against the Iraq war.
Oh, nice. I gladly stand corrected.

TCE
02-11-2010, 10:16 PM
paul ryan?

Hardcore Neo-Con.

http://www.ryanforcongress.com/Homeland_Security.aspx
http://www.ryanforcongress.com/War_on_Terrorism.aspx
http://www.ryanforcongress.com/Education.aspx

Chester Copperpot
02-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Paul Brouhn of Georgia is supposedly like Dr. Paul.. He is also a doctor and claims to carry the constitution with him.. (though so does dennis kucinich)

TCE
02-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Paul Brouhn of Georgia is supposedly like Dr. Paul.. He is also a doctor and claims to carry the constitution with him.. (though so does dennis kucinich)

Has Kucinich actually read his?

gls
02-11-2010, 10:27 PM
Not sure how reliable this is but according to: http://www.republicanliberty.org/libdex/li2008_over.htm

In the House of Representatives, Congressman Ron Paul of Texas returned to the top spot, with a combined average score of 96. In a seven-way tie for second place were: Congressmen Flake (AZ), Franks (AZ), Lamborn (CO), Broun (GA), Price (GA), Foxx (NC) and Hensarling (TX). In a four-way tie for ninth place were: Congressmen Rohrabacher (CA), Feeney (FL), Marchant (TX) and Bishop (UT). Virginia Foxx becomes the first female to score as high as second in the Liberty Index.

Over in the Senate, we have a two-way tie for first place, with Senators Coburn of Oklahoma and DeMint of South Carolina both scoring 76. These were the only two Senators classified as "Libertarian." Finishing tied for third were Senators Kyl and McCain of Arizona, with 75’s, and finishing fifth was Senator Ensign of Nevada, with a 74.

You know things are bad when McCain is classified as tied for the 3rd most libertarian U.S. Senator.

kkassam
02-11-2010, 10:36 PM
Rohrabacher introduces some decent legislation and votes pretty well. But he has this hard hate-on for RED CHINA, definitely not sound on foreign policy. The funny thing is that back in the 70's he was very prominent in the libertarian movement and known for his pacifist anarcho-capitalist folk songs.

Lisle16
02-12-2010, 12:38 AM
Coburn and DeMint are farily decent for Senators.

Duncan, Flake, and Broun are also not bad.

slothman
02-12-2010, 01:20 AM
Has Kucinich actually read his?

What has he done that is non-constitutional?

He was one of the few House members to vote against the USAPATRIOT act.
I believe he also voted against the DMCA but that was a voice vote so we don't know.

Even though he has a 'D' next to his name he isn't as much a democrat.
He is for the health care bill though.

TheTyke
02-12-2010, 01:37 AM
Didn't Jason Chaffetz (R) from Utah or something get a 100% rating in the last freedom index like Ron? I also seem to recall him criticizing our foreign policy and the TSA scanners. I'm a little vague on the details, but I recall thinking he was a really good guy and got in with some support from Ron Paul people out there...

Jeremy
02-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Demint and Bachman don't seem to be as bad as most

edit: waht about tom mcclintock?