PDA

View Full Version : How can I help???

RTsquared
10-06-2007, 06:17 PM
There is currently a thread going asking for programming help WRT a project. My skill set does not quite match what they are looking for, but it got me to thinking.

How can I help???

EVERYONE on this board can be of help in one way or another to the grassroots effort. There are those that can contribute heavily financially. There are those that are natural speakers and can be the ambassadors that lead new people towards the campaign. There are those that have connections in the press. There are those who have a way with the written word. There are networkers and original thinkers and songwriters and artists...this is a truly incredible group of people.

How can I help???

SOMEONE out there has an idea that will make a difference in getting Dr. Paul elected. There is also SOMEONE out there that can help make that idea happen. How will they find each other?

The grassroots forum does a fine job of sharing ideas. However, it does a pathetic job of sharing resources. We need a central resource where people can post their skills and availability, so that those with ideas can find them easily, and the time between idea creation and idea execution can be minimized.

How can I help???

Skills:

SQL Server - design, querying, and reporting
HTML Programming
Proofreading

Availability: 6-8 hours/wk

Anyone else with time to spare to help with the campaign???

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 06:27 PM
That's a really great idea. :)

nullvalu
10-06-2007, 06:38 PM
Also would have about the same amount of time to dedicate my time to programming project.. skills:

SQL Server
ASP/ASP.NET/SOAP/Web Services
VB/VB.NET/Windows

RTsquared
10-07-2007, 07:52 AM
Just a quiet bump to start the day...

Bryan
10-07-2007, 10:28 AM
Until something better comes along, please note that we have this subforum dedicated to this issue:

Project Coordination & Resource Exchange
Work with others on extended projects. Post requests for help and offers to share you talents and resources for others projects.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71

Thanks!

austin356
10-07-2007, 12:21 PM
Birmingham Alabama needs someone to set up a website.

We have someone to host it.

I personally think just copying and reformatting for locality the Nashville site is probably preferred.

www.nashvilleforronpaul.com = simple and clean

Can pay some $

mdh
10-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Randy (goldenequity) could use some help with design for his site. I've written some code to randomly select download mirrors for his files, but he could use some HTML help.

http://www.ronpaulaudio.com/

Post in here if you'd like to help and either he'll see it or I'll forward it his way.

RTsquared
10-07-2007, 01:54 PM
mdh - Shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do to help.

RTsquared
10-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Birmingham Alabama needs someone to set up a website.

We have someone to host it.

I personally think just copying and reformatting for locality the Nashville site is probably preferred.

www.nashvilleforronpaul.com = simple and clean

Can pay some $

You have a PM.

MalcolmGandi
10-08-2007, 07:45 PM
If you need a proofreader, I'm your guy. I rarely miss spelling/grammar errors. I tend to write to bloggers a lot with corrections. It's a disease.

nullvalu
10-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Unfortunately I can't help out with any design.. Anything I design ends up looking like a crappy Geocities website from the mid-90's.. However, I can whip out backend/database code like nobody's business.

E. Nordstrom
10-23-2007, 11:27 PM
There is currently a thread going asking for programming help WRT a project. My skill set does not quite match what they are looking for, but it got me to thinking.

How can I help???

EVERYONE on this board can be of help in one way or another to the grassroots effort. There are those that can contribute heavily financially. There are those that are natural speakers and can be the ambassadors that lead new people towards the campaign. There are those that have connections in the press. There are those who have a way with the written word. There are networkers and original thinkers and songwriters and artists...this is a truly incredible group of people.

How can I help???

SOMEONE out there has an idea that will make a difference in getting Dr. Paul elected. There is also SOMEONE out there that can help make that idea happen. How will they find each other?

The grassroots forum does a fine job of sharing ideas. However, it does a pathetic job of sharing resources. We need a central resource where people can post their skills and availability, so that those with ideas can find them easily, and the time between idea creation and idea execution can be minimized.

How can I help???

Skills:

SQL Server - design, querying, and reporting
HTML Programming
Proofreading

Availability: 6-8 hours/wk

Anyone else with time to spare to help with the campaign???

I am the creator of the www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com website. If you would like to help, I am trying to create a widget to promote our fund raising. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Copy and Paste the code.

<object data=http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/invite.html width="595" height="320"> <embed src=http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/invite.html width="595" height="320"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>

It would be nice to have something that could be used in Myspace, Blogger, other forums. Not sure how practical. You are the expert.

Also, if you wouldn't mind looking over my site. I would like to have a message board/comment board of some kind. How hard is that to do? Any ideas you have are welcome.

Thanks,

Eric Nordstrom
eric@nordstrom1.com

RTsquared
10-24-2007, 05:47 AM
I am the creator of the www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com website. If you would like to help, I am trying to create a widget to promote our fund raising. Here is what I have come up with so far:

Copy and Paste the code.

<object data=http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/invite.html width="595" height="320"> <embed src=http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/invite.html width="595" height="320"> </embed> Error: Embedded data could not be displayed. </object>

It would be nice to have something that could be used in Myspace, Blogger, other forums. Not sure how practical. You are the expert.

Also, if you wouldn't mind looking over my site. I would like to have a message board/comment board of some kind. How hard is that to do? Any ideas you have are welcome.

Thanks,

Eric Nordstrom
eric@nordstrom1.com

Unfortunately, coding widgets and the like is not something I've done before. However, I'm sure that someone here will step up and assist you.

I will take a look at the site and see what I can do re: a message board. I will drop you an e-mail in the next day or two.