PDA

View Full Version : Youtube of the full Medina interview, and an analysis of Beck's tactics.

paulitics
02-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Ok. Here is the play by play analysis. Before the interview, Beck supposedly forgot her name like 3 times. Keep this in mind.

Then the interview begins.

At 1:00 minute, Beck chooses the word dangerous to introduce his audience to someone he doesn't know much about. There are alot of words Beck could have chosen to introduce his guest like intriguing, exciting. Or if he wanted to be neutral or somewhat negative, he could have chose the words uncertain, unsure,etc. Nope Beck choses dangerous.

So, it's like "tell us who you are" miss dangerous. Medina gives a slightly long winded, but still articulate response.

Then the long awkaward pause. .......Beck: "Ok, the question was "tell us who you are."

So, automatically Beck sets the tone as though Medina just spent 2 minutes talking to herself, and that nothing she had just said makes sense to anyone. It makes her sound a little bit kooky, like she is in lala land all by herself.

Moving on. After Medina answers the question again, Beck employs the long awkward silence again as though Medina had said she was from planet Zoron here to save the smurfs.

Then Beck asks the question in the most uninterested tone of voice; "you say your a small business person, um what did you do in small business"

Next question still in a sleepy voice, "Um what are your policies..., what do you say this is what we got to do right now" Beck literally sounds like he would rather watch paint dry.

Medina answers the question, and gives a great response about getting rid of the property tax.

Beck at 4:27 ; Ok, "um Debra help me out, you don't have an income tax, what are you replacing it with?"

Debra gives an awesome powerful response that should get any lover of small government truly excited. This is founding father, Thomas Jefferson material.

Glenn's response? ...pause, no response. Changes the topic to 911 truth.

Now tell me, this interview wasn't a set up. Watch it, analyze it.

YouTube - Glenn Beck attacks Judge Napolitano (Debra Medina) - Extended interview! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SxWWVfIlYI)

Nate-ForLiberty
02-11-2010, 03:05 PM
did the complete interview air?

jclay2
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Ok. Here is the play by play analysis. Before the interview, Beck supposedly forgot her name like 3 times. Keep this in mind.

At 1:00 minute, Beck chooses the word dangerous to introduce his audience to someone he doesn't know much about. There are alot of words Beck could have chosen to introduce his guest like intriguing, exciting. Or if he wanted to be neutral or somewhat negative, he could have chose the words uncertain, unsure,etc. Nope Beck choses dangerous.

So, it's like "tell us who you are" miss dangerous. Medina gives a slightly long winded, but still articulate response.

Then the long awkaward pause. .......Beck: "Ok, the question was "tell us who you are."

So, automatically Beck sets the tone as though Medina just spent 2 minutes talking to herself, and that nothing she had just said makes sense to anyone. It makes her sound a little bit kooky, like she is in lala land all by herself.

Moving on. After Medina answers the question again, Beck employs the long awkward silence again as though Medina had said she was from planet Zoron here to save the smurfs.

Then Beck asks the question in the most uninterested tone of voice; "you say your a small business person, um what did you do in small business"

Next question still in a sleepy voice, "Um what are your policies..., what do you say this is what we got to do right now" Beck literally sounds like he would rather watch paint dry.

Medina answers the question, and gives a great response about getting rid of the property tax.

Beck at 4:27 ; Ok, "um Debra help me out, you don't have an income tax, what are you replacing it with?"

Debra gives an awesome powerful response that should get any lover of small government truly excited. This is founding father, Thomas Jefferson material.

YouTube - Glenn Beck attacks Judge Napolitano (Debra Medina) - Extended interview! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SxWWVfIlYI)

You know what, I think you might be right. I didn't realize it the first time I heard it but when you go back and listen to the interview it was almost as if every question was leading up to You are a Truther!

K466
02-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I agree it was nothing but an attack on Medina. She did pretty good but they are twisting her words.

klamath
02-11-2010, 03:25 PM
deleted

Old Ducker
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
That's truly pathetic.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 03:31 PM
the guy is a snake

aclove
02-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Beck is now functionally an arm of the Perry campaign. Unfortunately for Debra, he was an arm of the Perry campaign before this interview was scheduled, and she was unaware of this fact. Whether she or anyone else in our movement could have anticipated this, we'll never know. The plain and simple fact was that the poll results showing her at 24% made her a threat, and Perry decided to employ Beck to deal with that threat in the most direct, brutal way he could.

Whether she remains a threat is entirely dependent on how she handles herself going forward.

ravedown
02-11-2010, 03:50 PM
what you don't hear on this clip-is the long story of him meeting perry and his relationship with perry which he mentioned earlier in the segment...he and his sidekicks flat out endorsed and complimented perry before this clip starts...when i heard that i knew there was trouble.

ctiger2
02-11-2010, 04:10 PM
We need judge Nap to throw Beck into an unconstitutional headlock.

sofia
02-11-2010, 04:14 PM
"What's her name?" he says...earlier in the show....

But then goes on to say he received THOUSANDS of e-mails about her.

no way he couldnt have remembered her name...."What's her name" was a palnned show of disrespect and marginalizing...

what a snunk...part snake...part skunk..

JohnEngland
02-11-2010, 04:27 PM
"What's her name?" he says...earlier in the show....

But then goes on to say he received THOUSANDS of e-mails about her.

no way he couldnt have remembered her name...."What's her name" was a palnned show of disrespect and marginalizing...

what a snunk...part snake...part skunk..

Beck was constantly forgetting Meghan McCain's name, even referring to her as Cindy McCain a few times. Believe it or not, but people do forget names - my parents still mix me and my brother's names up. It's human nature.

You're getting FAR, FAR too protective and conspiratorial about this. It's kinda creepy. Beck is easily the best mainstream media guy out there and you want to destroy him - It's stupid!

Many times he's had Napolitano, Rand, Ron, Schiff, Woods and others on his programs. So what if this interview went wrong? Medina can still fight back. I, for one, thought the interview was going fine until Debra screwed up and didn't simply say "No." It wasn't a difficult question.

sevin
02-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I am so pissed I can't think straight. FUCK GLENN BECK.

NYgs23
02-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Quoted from another site: "Glenn Beck is an inside job."

catdd
02-11-2010, 04:40 PM
FU AND Frank, Beck!!!

She didn't do anything to deserve that smear job.

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't have time to watch the interview at the moment, but Glenn Beck and his handlers likely blew this unjustified attack. Most people will likely see through this unfortunate attack and sympathize with Medina and her popularity will probably rise even faster among the electorate. The backlash against Beck will likely have him reconsidering his participation. We'll see how this scenario develops, Glenn. ;)

s35wf
02-11-2010, 05:02 PM
after listening to this interview; I LIKE HER ANSWERS! she said the 911 thing is a federal issue & shes concentrating on STATE issues! it was glenn's comments at the end after the interview was over that did a little damage to her campaign??? still to be seen.

BECK is a PERRY boy its soooo obvious. Perry has been in office for a long time and is a major activist for the NAFTA/TTC hwy. Texans will see thru this interview!

GET this lady elected TX!

RM918
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Beck was constantly forgetting Meghan McCain's name, even referring to her as Cindy McCain a few times. Believe it or not, but people do forget names - my parents still mix me and my brother's names up. It's human nature.

You're getting FAR, FAR too protective and conspiratorial about this. It's kinda creepy. Beck is easily the best mainstream media guy out there and you want to destroy him - It's stupid!

Many times he's had Napolitano, Rand, Ron, Schiff, Woods and others on his programs. So what if this interview went wrong? Medina can still fight back. I, for one, thought the interview was going fine until Debra screwed up and didn't simply say "No." It wasn't a difficult question.

Wow.

libertyjam
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
Wow.

Exactly, JE, crawl back under your rock.

Catatonic
02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Beck was working for the Perry campaign

Can anyone source this?

Peace&Freedom
02-11-2010, 05:53 PM

But no was not the right answer, factually or politically. "No, but I support a new investigation to finally resolve this issue," or "yes, but I support a new investigation to finally resolve this issue," would be the best/most concise yet full answer. It's misleading to call political reporters' questions 'simple.' As a past statewide candidate, I can tell you plainly, they are not. Political questioning is mainly rhetorical, geared towards framing a debate. The tactical reason why most politicians are evasive, is they are avoiding letting a loaded question negatively pre-frame the talking point message they are trying to get out.

Most loaded questions are not designed to look difficult, but to put the questioned person on the defensive. "Why can't you support a bill that helps kids?" By staying silent on openly questioning the official conspiracy story (19 towel heads and Capt. Caveman did it) it's allowed the MSM Merlins of marginalization to load up the phrase "inside job" with all kinds of pejorative connotations, such that answering a 'simple' question becomes a minefield.

Beck has had Paul, Nap et al on his show precisely as a set-up to divide the movement when he bashes truthers or other elements of it. At crunch time, he backs the establishment Perrys over the movement Medinas, every time. After two years of seeing his hot and cold routine, it's stupid to conclude anything otherwise.

klamath
02-11-2010, 05:59 PM

Artie Fufkin
02-11-2010, 06:27 PM
He endorced perry earlier.

I don't recall him ever doing that. If he said a few nice words, that's not really an endorsement.

PreDeadMan
02-11-2010, 06:31 PM
We need judge Nap to throw Beck into an unconstitutional headlock.

hahaha +1!!!!

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 06:37 PM
There's the entire left, who hates beck and everyone on his show, then there's the right, who is afraid to think like Beck does, because he's a fucking lunatic and everyone would make fun of them.

He makes us look terrible.

Medina made him look like an idiot today though, I think she's fine. So many voters for her ARE NOT Beck watchers.

devil21
02-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Fuck off! Im tired of this bullshit Beck cheerleading. He's a snake and many of us saw it from day one and today JUST PROVED IT COMPLETELY. Just because he throws you a bone once in awhile with an RP interview doesn't mean he's your friend. Rachel friggin Maddow interviews Ron Paul more than Beck does now. Is she a friend to the Liberty movement too?

Beck knows that PRINCIPLED candidates will not flat out lie in interviews, like slick Rick Perry types will, so he goes after the one topic that not only will attempt to alienate Medina voters but one that he KNOWS she will be honest about enough to give his media buddies a chance to twist into a completely inaccurate story.

He is not a friend, he has never been a friend, and you better wake up and realize this before his next "guest" is Rand Paul or Schiff and he asks them if they are Truthers too, then totally twists their responses. Beck is working to nearly single-handedly destroy this movement because idiots like you TRUST HIM.

fatjohn
02-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Isn't that the same guy from the Fema camps? What happened?

Catatonic
02-11-2010, 06:59 PM
He endorced perry earlier.

GLENN: For instance, in Texas Rick Perry who's always been kind to me, always been nice, I think I've been the same to him, I think I've been fair, he's been fair with me. The things that I have witnessed firsthand on Rick Perry I like. For instance, we were standing backstage and at one point we were talking about the guy, you know, the guy who's getting the death penalty. What was the guy's name that killed all those people in Houston, the illegal immigrant, Pat?

PAT: There's several. Are you talking about Angel what's his face?

GLENN: Yeah, got the death penalty, Bush tried to push it off. And Rick Perry said to me, "I'll throw the switch myself. He is going to die." And I loved him for that.

PAT: And he did.

GLENN: Right.

PAT: He did.

GLENN: He's bad on the border. You know, I think he talks out of both sides of his mouth on that. However, he's great right now talking about the Tenth Amendment. States rights. I want to believe that he's right on that, that he would do it. But you are in a campaign, so you don't know. Now we have somebody who had 4% of the vote, has no money for ad campaigns and now she's up to in three, four weeks she's up to 24%? I know Kay Bailey Hutchison, forget about it. That's just, I'm sure she's a very nice lady. I've had her on the show before. I just, I'm not impressed with her at all. And again I don't mean anything about her personally, I just don't think she's the answer for Texas. So I guess for me it would be between Debra and Rick. Wanted to get Debra on the phone because I don't know anything about her.

Welcome to the program, Debra Medina. How are you?

It would appear that Glenn likes Perry personally but not so much professionally.

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 06:59 PM
LOL!

I just heard the segment about 9/11 Truth during Beck's interview with Medina. My honest opinion is that Debra answered the question well. I agree with her. Legitimate questions remain about the official version of events. In fact, MOST Americans agree with her. ;) She's in great shape, but Beck isn't as this unjustified attack is all too clear. The childish laughter over a very good response from Medina just makes Beck look a fool and ass. Way to go, Glenn! :) Personally, Debra doesn't need to retract or muddy the water as a result of this interview. She simply needs to stand by her original remarks. Legitimate questions, e.g. presence of nano-Thermite, remain outstanding and questioning the government's official story is totally appropriate in light of the evidence. Furthermore, as a country, we're already passed the point of believing the official story anyway. She could have lied. She didn't lie which only strengthens her credibility and candidacy for governor.

Personally, I think many of you need to reevaluate the interview more objectively.

devil21
02-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Two sayings have been on my mind a lot today.

"With friends like these, who needs enemies."

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable."

It really is starting to look to me like they're daring Americans to rise up.

pacelli
02-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Paulitics,

These kinds of posts are becoming rare on this forum. Actual analysis written by someone on the forum, and not a long cut & paste from another link. We need more of these kinds of posts on this forum. 5 stars for you. Excellent analysis and commentary. I completely agree... total set up from the beginning.

devil21
02-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Is it any wonder he's paid a bazillion dollars? It's very expensive to act as the hatchet man for the elites and possibly put your own life on the line when you piss off the wrong people.

cpike
02-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I think Beck lost me today, and I'm not a truther. I got an annual subscription almost a year ago for his "insider" (before I woke fully up), and sent him a nice long e-mail. I'm holding renewal over his head on this. I'll let him sleep on it and see what he says tom morrow. If he doesn't do a real good job I'm canceling. I've been one of his best supporters here too...

Promontorium
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
Yes Beck sucks, but you are not helping Medina by supporting inarticulate answers to straightforward questions.

She should be ready next time. Beck didn't make her incoherently rant when she should have said "no".

RM918
02-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Yes Beck sucks, but you are not helping Medina by supporting inarticulate answers to straightforward questions.

She should be ready next time. Beck didn't make her incoherently rant when she should have said "no".

The question could've been handled better, but pulling support and funding? Calling her a lunatic? Calling her a total idiot? Just for one damn question?

Working Poor
02-11-2010, 08:38 PM
I think the interview could make her more popular a lot of people believe the government was somehow involved in 911 and a lot of people know Beck is a jerk.

Athan
02-11-2010, 08:41 PM

That isn't the point. He shoved words in her mouth, and ideas not her own in other people's heads once the "interview" was over.

He had a traitorous agenda and we all now know about it.

furface
02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't get it. So what if Beck thinks she's a "truther?" Under his definition so would right around or over 50% of all Americans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_opinion_polls

Beck's logic is "we ragged on Obama's staff about it, therefore in order to let everybody know how bad Obama is, we need to put her down as well."

Beck's an idiot political pundit, part of the media paradigm that all issues are answerable, and if they aren't then they'll just make something up. "I don't know" is a bad answer to him and all his other jerkoff friends at Fox and CNN. The American public accepts it, though.

kahless
02-11-2010, 08:45 PM
I thought she handled it well. It was pretty clear that this has nothing to do with 9/11 and Beck just wanted to discredit her in favor of his candidate.

Toureg89
02-11-2010, 08:47 PM
glad to see he focused most of the interview about being a 9/11 Truther...

TruckinMike
02-11-2010, 09:20 PM

Beck knows that PRINCIPLED candidates will not flat out lie in interviews, like slick Rick Perry types will, so he goes after the one topic that not only will attempt to alienate Medina voters but one that he KNOWS she will be honest about enough to give his media buddies a chance to twist into a completely inaccurate story.

He is not a friend, he has never been a friend, and you better wake up and realize this before his next "guest" is Rand Paul or Schiff and he asks them if they are Truthers too, then totally twists their responses. Beck is working to nearly single-handedly destroy this movement because idiots like you TRUST HIM.

Exactly what I was thinking.

TMike

Nate-ForLiberty
02-11-2010, 09:29 PM
YouTube - Debra Medina on KLIF 570 Pt.1 Feb. 11th, 2010. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSyL6APEPtk)

rprprs
02-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Paulitics,

These kinds of posts are becoming rare on this forum. Actual analysis written by someone on the forum, and not a long cut & paste from another link. We need more of these kinds of posts on this forum. 5 stars for you. Excellent analysis and commentary. I completely agree... total set up from the beginning.

I agree wholeheartedly. Kudos to the OP. He got it precisely right.

ionlyknowy
02-11-2010, 09:41 PM
You guys forget that jessie ventura aired that conspiracy theory program all over the US. One episode was covered 9/11 truth. In that program he determined that there was something to the story and it sounded suspicious at the least and there might be something there. I work for an attorney and he mentioned that program the other day. He told me that he used to not believe in conspiracy things but now he is a full believer that at least some are in fact true. If he watched that program then many many many other persons in Texas watched that program. This means that many people are at the least suspicious of their government now. This means that Debras position that she is not sure if 9/11 was or wasnt an inside job because she doesnt have conclusive evidence of such = the position that many people now have in Texas and the US especially if they watched jessie venturas programs. People that watched jessies programs will be more likely to vote. People that are in the know will see right through Becks slander of Debra on this program and will be even more emboldened to vote for her. I live in Texas and did not even know about Debra until this thread popped up. This will be more good than bad for her because it will call attention to her campaign. My wife does not follow RP or libertians etc. like I do, she is your usually republican voter in Texas and she hates Perry. She calls him a used car salesman lol. The only problem she might face is the unconnected old crowd dutifully pushing the incumbent R button from their wheelchair. Or the Hutchinson crowd voting for her based on name recognition from the "old days". But the climate as it stands in Texas and the US is evidence in the Tea Parties and general disgusted with our government. We just got out of a horrible admin of Bush and now Obama. Texans feel deceived and now worried because of a "liberal" in the whitehouse. So your average person in Texas will go Republican and be skeptical of incumbents like Perry because he is same o same o which hasnt really turned out to be so good seeing that our economy is in the shits.

discuss..

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 09:50 PM
People that are in the know will see right through Becks slander of Debra on this program and will be even more emboldened to vote for her.

More than many give credit. Particularly in Texas. These elections are the year of the Independents. Also, Medina is the perfect candidate to boot Perry.

My wife does not follow RP or libertians etc. like I do, she is your usually republican voter in Texas and she hates Perry. She calls him a used car salesman lol.

And Beck came across the same way today!

Good post.

puppetmaster
02-11-2010, 10:58 PM
GLENN: For instance, in Texas Rick Perry who's always been kind to me, always been nice, I think I've been the same to him, I think I've been fair, he's been fair with me. The things that I have witnessed firsthand on Rick Perry I like. For instance, we were standing backstage and at one point we were talking about the guy, you know, the guy who's getting the death penalty. What was the guy's name that killed all those people in Houston, the illegal immigrant, Pat?

PAT: There's several. Are you talking about Angel what's his face?

GLENN: Yeah, got the death penalty, Bush tried to push it off. And Rick Perry said to me, "I'll throw the switch myself. He is going to die." And I loved him for that.

PAT: And he did.

GLENN: Right.

PAT: He did.

GLENN: He's bad on the border. You know, I think he talks out of both sides of his mouth on that. However, he's great right now talking about the Tenth Amendment. States rights. I want to believe that he's right on that, that he would do it. But you are in a campaign, so you don't know. Now we have somebody who had 4% of the vote, has no money for ad campaigns and now she's up to in three, four weeks she's up to 24%? I know Kay Bailey Hutchison, forget about it. That's just, I'm sure she's a very nice lady. I've had her on the show before. I just, I'm not impressed with her at all. And again I don't mean anything about her personally, I just don't think she's the answer for Texas. So I guess for me it would be between Debra and Rick. Wanted to get Debra on the phone because I don't know anything about her.

Welcome to the program, Debra Medina. How are you?

It would appear that Glenn likes Perry personally but not so much professionally.

I cannot trust the government to make life and death decisions....they suck at everything.

Wineman77
02-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Did Beck's second attempt to ask his question sound like a McCarthy era "are you or have you even been a communist" attack to anyone else?

Nate
02-12-2010, 12:30 AM
Did Beck's second attempt to ask his question sound like a McCarthy era "are you or have you even been a communist" attack to anyone else?

Yes.

Peace&Freedom
02-12-2010, 02:36 AM
This may be a moment for Medina that parallels the moment Paul got elevated by Guiliani in the debates, when he did not back down when asked to retract his noninterventionist 'blowback' views. The point in such instances is not whether you answered in the most articulate way possible, but whether you exercised courage at all in the face of verbal bullying. Medina passed the courage test, and probably net gained votes from her response.

Proph
02-12-2010, 05:50 AM
The second time Beck asked "Who are you?", I thought he was joking. I expected him to follow up with "I didn't ask what you do, I asked who you are." (a 'la Anger Management) or at the very least cut her off and explain he was playing. Alas, he didn't.

I used to like Beck before listening to this. He didn't seem to take her too seriously throughout the entire interview, and the questions that were relevant to her campaign just seemed like filler material to get to the "Truther" question. I've read about Medina on these forums before, but hadn't researched her enough to form an opinion of her for myself. I think I like her after listening to this.

nayjevin
02-12-2010, 06:19 AM
The second time Beck asked "Who are you?", I thought he was joking. I expected him to follow up with "I didn't ask what you do, I asked who you are." (a 'la Anger Management) or at the very least cut her off and explain he was playing. Alas, he didn't.

I used to like Beck before listening to this. He didn't seem to take her too seriously throughout the entire interview, and the questions that were relevant to her campaign just seemed like filler material to get to the "Truther" question. I've read about Medina on these forums before, but hadn't researched her enough to form an opinion of her for myself. I think I like her after listening to this.

Welcome!

paulitics
06-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Bumping this for the Beck defenders. Listen to this interview again. Beck is using basic techniques that your average morning radio disc jockey douchebag uses. The akward pauses, the lowering of his audio to make the guest keep talking (she confirmed this). The pretending to forget her name before the interview, etc.

Geez, if Beck played twighlight zone background in the music, some of you would still defend Beck, the manipulator, and blame Medina the patriot for her honesty and not being politican like.

Do sme actually enjoy being conned? Oh, but Beck is talking like us now, bla, blah, blah.
All that should matter is Beck's intentions. For every one person he may turn on to liberty, the man may turn off 10 more. The liberals now hate libertarians more than ever, thanks to Beck. Do you think Ron Paul, the Judge, or any true man of his nature can do that?

Xenophage
06-23-2010, 08:05 AM
9/11 Truth has been the achille's heel of this movement since 2008. I don't really care if someone IS or IS NOT a "9/11 Truther," (I've always considered the issue a red herring) but Medina doesn't sound like anyone I'd vote for, and I really didn't mind the interview. Replace property taxes with a sales tax? Fuck that shit.

Replace it with NOTHING.

Isn't there a GOOD politician in Texas?

Oh wait... :D

Xenophage
06-23-2010, 08:08 AM
To clarify, I do not think the government had anything to do with 9/11 besides fumbling their intelligence data in the inept manner that is totally expected of them.

freshjiva
06-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Bumping this for the Beck defenders. Listen to this interview again. Beck is using basic techniques that your average morning radio disc jockey douchebag uses. The akward pauses, the lowering of his audio to make the guest keep talking (she confirmed this). The pretending to forget her name before the interview, etc.

Although this is an unforgivable act of disrespect towards a legitimate gubernatorial candidate, I think Beck has grown up a lot since then.

Remember -- Beck has often stated that he's a recovering Republican hardliner. He is educating himself, and ever since Judge Nap joined Fox, his libertarian ideas have rubbed off on him pretty well. The guy was reading Friedrich Hayek for goodness sakes! He then proceeded to say on Freedom Watch last Saturday that he leans towards Ron Paul more than Sarah Palin on ideas.

He's getting better.

erowe1
06-23-2010, 08:31 AM
I think Beck has grown up a lot since then.

He's grown up a lot since February?!

Valli6
06-23-2010, 08:42 AM
He's getting better.
How many times have we seen this sentiment posted over the last year and a half - before and after the Medina interview?

paulitics
06-23-2010, 08:48 AM
Although this is an unforgivable act of disrespect towards a legitimate gubernatorial candidate, I think Beck has grown up a lot since then.

Remember -- Beck has often stated that he's a recovering Republican hardliner. He is educating himself, and ever since Judge Nap joined Fox, his libertarian ideas have rubbed off on him pretty well. The guy was reading Friedrich Hayek for goodness sakes! He then proceeded to say on Freedom Watch last Saturday that he leans towards Ron Paul more than Sarah Palin on ideas.

He's getting better.

Beck had a neocon on the day Hostetler had his primary just a few weeks ago, another backstabbing move.

Hayek's book is good, but it doesn't expose the wars, the military industrial complex of nations, economic hitmen, drug wars created by states, intelligence agencies, etc.

You see, the liberal "libertarians" are great at exposing this side of the tyrrany, and write and promote books that expose this as well, but they fail to expose the economic tyranny called progressivism that Beck exposes.

Beck will never expose neoconism, like Olbermann does/did. Yes, there was a time Olbermann was actually the best pundit, because he was talking like us and calling out Bush for a fascist. Beck is only lukewarm at best (on his best days), at disagreeing with the insane neocon policies of the Bush administration like the patriot act, wiretapping, torture. He will never designate one hour shows on exposing the neocons, but will talk for hours on how dangerous Iran is, etc.

erowe1
06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Beck had a neocon on the day Hostetler had his primary just a few weeks ago, another backstabbing move.

That's right. He claims to be against policing the world. Yet when there was an opportunity for him to support John Hostettler, a serious senatorial candidate with a background in the House and a proven track record of representing a brand of constitutional paleo-conservatism that probably comes closer to what Beck claims to have become than anyone else who has held federal office in years, he instead actively supported a straight-down-the-line neoconservative establishment Republican in Marlin Stutzman. He had Stutzman on his show on the day of the election, which was May 4 I believe.

paulitics
06-23-2010, 08:59 AM
That's right. He claims to be against policing the world. Yet when there was an opportunity for him to support John Hostettler, a serious senatorial candidate with a background in the House and a proven track record of representing a brand of constitutional paleo-conservatism that probably comes closer to what Beck claims to have become than anyone else who has held federal office in years, he instead actively supported a straight-down-the-line neoconservative establishment Republican in Marlin Stutzman. He had Stutzman on his show on the day of the election, which was May 4 I believe.

Yep, and Hostetller still had enough of a chance to win (I think he had Medina like numbers or better) that if Stutzman who only tried to appear anti-establishment (and had less of a chance than Hostettler) pulled out Hostetller would have won.

Elwar
06-23-2010, 09:03 AM
Do sme actually enjoy being conned? Oh, but Beck is talking like us now, bla, blah, blah.
All that should matter is Beck's intentions. For every one person he may turn on to liberty, the man may turn off 10 more. The liberals now hate libertarians more than ever, thanks to Beck. Do you think Ron Paul, the Judge, or any true man of his nature can do that?

Don't forget "We can use Glenn Beck to our advantage!!!"
Or "We need to support him when we agree with him..."

Obama talked about bringing the troops home. Obama talks about scaling back the drug war. Why are we not supporting Obama? He's getting better right? Just because his principles are completely different than ours doesn't necessarily mean that he'll stab us in the back...

loveshiscountry
06-23-2010, 09:08 AM
9/11 Truth has been the achille's heel of this movement since 2008. I don't really care if someone IS or IS NOT a "9/11 Truther," (I've always considered the issue a red herring) but Medina doesn't sound like anyone I'd vote for, and I really didn't mind the interview. Replace property taxes with a sales tax? Fuck that shit.

Replace it with NOTHING.

Isn't there a GOOD politician in Texas?

Oh wait... :D

The interview has a hack job by a liar. 9/11 was never brought up until the Beck interview. If you followed her campaign you'd know that.

Replace the property tax with nothing??? Where is the funding the property tax provided going to come from?

your quote - "Medina doesn't sound like anyone I'd vote for"

Smaller government, states rights, unfair use of eminent domain. If you are not behind those ideals what are you doing on this site?

I don't think you've thought this through carefully.

erowe1
06-23-2010, 09:39 AM

Obama talked about bringing the troops home. Obama talks about scaling back the drug war. Why are we not supporting Obama? He's getting better right? Just because his principles are completely different than ours doesn't necessarily mean that he'll stab us in the back...

In the case of a politician like Obama, supporting him generally means voting for him, or doing things to help him politically. So supporting Obama in that sense is out of the question for most of us.

But we do support bringing the troops home and scaling back the drug war. So if we say that we agreed with Obama when he said those things, that's just telling the truth, right?

When people talk about "supporting" Beck, I'm not even sure what they mean by that. Does not supporting him mean boycotting his show? Is supporting him something purely symbolic, like wearing a red AIDS ribbon, or using a picture of Conan O'Brien with the caption "I'm with Coco" as your Facebook profile pic?

When he's right, I agree with him, when he's wrong I don't. If he endorses Ron Paul in 2012, you better believe I'll milk that for all it's worth. And if he doesn't (which I don't expect him to), then I don't see how I've lost anything by not chastising people for liking him more than I do.

amonasro
06-23-2010, 10:43 AM
When he's right, I agree with him, when he's wrong I don't.This isn't about you.

If he endorses Ron Paul in 2012, you better believe I'll milk that for all it's worth.Again, not about you. If he runs, he won't endorse Ron anyway. Were you paying attention the last time around?

And if he doesn't (which I don't expect him to), then I don't see how I've lost anything by not chastising people for liking him more than I do.Once again, not about you. WE lost an excellent candidate in Medina, however.

You're free to 'support' anyone you want in any capacity you see fit. The question is, is Beck good for the Liberty movement for the long-term? Meaning will he back current and future Liberty candidates regardless of their threat to the establishment. I think the easy answer is a resounding NO. That's the problem with all this fairweather support of Beck. Because he can easily poison the well and do just as much damage the other way. Some people don't seem to understand that.

constituent
06-23-2010, 11:24 AM

look, the idiots now cheer on glenn beck are the same idiots who were cheering on Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity nary a decade ago.

Realize it. Deal with it. Keep moving. :)

"They" are a target market. A big, easy f*n target.