PDA

View Full Version : Told you so

Anti Federalist
02-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Some of us here anyway.

We told you so...we TOLD you Beck would torpedo you when the time was just right.

You didn't want to listen...:mad:

ravedown
02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
good job! really needed to post a told you so....huh, wish i had your time.

Elwar
02-11-2010, 01:36 PM
Some of us here anyway.

We told you so...we TOLD you Beck would torpedo you when the time was just right.

+1

Time to put Beck in the category with Hannity. Just because he attacks us in different ways, doesn't make him better.

Justinjj1
02-11-2010, 01:36 PM
All Beck supporters need to be hung, drawn, and quartered.

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Some of us here anyway.

Yeah yeah... we know... Glenn Beck is a neocon.

Medina should have known Glenn Beck's views on 9/11. She made a major political mistake.

Medina is NOT a 9/11 truther. She should have told him that.

AuH20
02-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Beck never had an affinity for truthers. He's said it numerous times. Aside from the infowars crowd, who is getting riled up about this? You take the good with bad. The disappointing aspect is that Debra responded poorly. Wasn't she aware that Pat Gray especially hates 9/11 truthers?

RM918
02-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Yeah yeah... we know... Glenn Beck is a neocon.

Medina should have known Glenn Beck's views on 9/11. She made a major political mistake.

Medina is NOT a 9/11 truther. She should have told him that.

She gave a sub-optimal response, but that doesn't excuse the way Beck treated her beforehand or especially hanging up on her, not giving her a chance to elaborate and comparing her to Hitler. How is that, at all, reasonable even if she did screw up? He clearly, very clearly, was hostile from the start.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Beck never had an affinity for truthers. He's said it numerous times. Aside from the infowars crowd, who is getting riled up about this? You take the good with bad. The disappointing aspect is that Debra responded poorly. Wasn't she aware that Pat Gray especially hates 9/11 truthers?

They also hate libertarians (Read: Ron Paulers). They are Neo-Con war mongers and big-Government lackeys! My god you guys are so easily duped. GOP out of power, all of sudden GOP becomes limited-Government. Democrats out of power all of sudden they become anti-war and pro-civil liberties. GOP in power, biggest pro-unlimited Big Government fuckers there are. Democrats in power, expand what GOP did, and vice versa. It's a fucking game.

There is only one party -- The Big-Government Tyranny party. Beck is the epitomy of this bullshit.

Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project.

Reason
02-11-2010, 01:45 PM
where's Tones

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 01:45 PM
... but that doesn't excuse the way Beck treated her beforehand or especially hanging up on her

It's called Politics. It's a game, it's dirty, and it's unfair.

RM918
02-11-2010, 01:48 PM
It's called Politics. It's a game, it's dirty, and it's unfair.

So because it's politics, even though Beck is purporting to be leading a genuine conservative movement to throw out the rascals or whatever he's on, we should give him a free pass?

I think not. You can't battle against a corrupt system and get a pass when you're corrupt just because that's the way it is.

DapperDan
02-11-2010, 01:49 PM
I'm upset over the fact in why he asked a question that has nothing to do with TX politics or her campaign.

Very poor litmus test.

PS - GB is still a smacktard

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 01:50 PM
So because it's politics, even though Beck is purporting to be leading a genuine conservative movement to throw out the rascals or whatever he's on, we should give him a free pass?

I think not. You can't battle against a corrupt system and get a pass when you're corrupt just because that's the way it is.
Glenn Beck is just a better Liar.

:)

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Glenn Beck will be the first one championing War against Iran if GOP win Presidency in 2012. The war propaganda will be at a fever pitch and we'll get into some god awful foreign entanglement. 2013. Patriot Act and MCA Part Deux. Further limiting of your rights and liberties. 2014 welcome to 1984. Thank you Glenn Beck. REJECT NEO-CONS.

RM918
02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Glenn Beck is just a better Liar.

:)

I'm pretty sure one of our big reasons for supporting Paul is the fact that he is not simply a 'better liar', 'less evil than the other'.

Danke
where's Tones

She is banned.

Nate-ForLiberty
She is banned.

i must have missed that one

JeNNiF00F00
02-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Good!

JoshLowry
02-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Temp banned for insults.

Danke

Just two weeks.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2531436&postcount=60

FrankRep
I'm pretty sure one of our big reasons for supporting Paul is the fact that he is not simply a 'better liar', 'less evil than the other'.
I agree and he's not president either.

I don't make the rules of politics, I just know the game.

AuH20
They also hate libertarians (Read: Ron Paulers). They are Neo-Con war mongers and big-Government lackeys! My god you guys are so easily duped. GOP out of power, all of sudden GOP becomes limited-Government. Democrats out of power all of sudden they become anti-war and pro-civil liberties. GOP in power, biggest pro-unlimited Big Government fuckers there are. Democrats in power, expand what GOP did, and vice versa. It's a fucking game.

There is only one party -- The Big-Government Tyranny party. Beck is the epitomy of this bullshit.

Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project. Free State Project.

You're lumping alot of independent parties into the GOP train of deceit. Not everyone is onboard with their agenda. Aside from the gatekeepers in Limbaugh and Hannity, their movement is pretty transparent. Regarding Beck, he's an enigma of sorts. We're quite aware of his strong points and his extreme dislike of the 9/11 truth movement.

On that note, is anyone here going to sell their firearms or discard their worldly views becaus Beck says so? I'm constantly irritated by the folks who instantly demean the viewers who watch Beck, as if they don't have their heads attached to their necks. Beck provides this movement with valuable media spotlight and until the day when his cons outweigh his pros, I'll stop watching him. Vector or not, I'm not too concerned. We're all adults here as opposed to sheep.

JoshLowry
02-11-2010, 01:58 PM

Could you be any more negative in every post of yours?

:confused:

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Some of us here anyway.

Yup, that's the Vector-leader's role, to co-opt and ultimately destroy the vector. Standard operating procedure for elite psychopaths running Information Operations.

Elwar
02-11-2010, 02:00 PM
We're quite aware of his strong points

???

Austrian Econ Disciple
You're lumping alot of independent parties into the GOP train of deceit. Not everyone is onboard with their agenda. Aside from the gatekeepers in Limbaugh and Hannity, their movement is pretty transparent. Regarding Beck, he's an enigma of sorts. We're quite aware of his strong points and his extreme dislike of the 9/11 truth movement.

On that note, is anyone here going to sell their firearms or discard their worldly views becaus Beck says so? I'm constantly irritated by the folks who instantly demean the viewers who watch Beck, as if they don't have their heads attached to their necks. Beck provides this movement with valuable media spotlight and until the day when his cons outweigh his pros, I'll stop watching him. Vector or not, I'm not too concerned. We're all adults here as opposed to sheep.

Being Pro-War outweighs everything, because it subjugates all your rights. Period.

sluggo
Some of us here anyway.

Beck is scum.

I don't give a shit if he's talking the good talk once in a while, he's a fucking snake when it counts.

FrankRep
Could you be any more negative in every post of yours?

:confused:
I'm just sick to my stomach and saddened about how Glenn Beck just slammed Debra Medina into a brick wall.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
All Beck supporters need to be hung, drawn, and quartered.

Hung, drawn, beheaded, and quartered.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Hung, drawn, beheaded, and quartered.

Let's not go full-fledged Jacobin, we saw how that worked. :p

RM918
02-11-2010, 02:06 PM

Hillary Clinton isn't president, either. Is it because she didn't lie enough?

Anti Federalist
02-11-2010, 02:07 PM

That that that + infinity.

For fuck's sake, there is no saving freedom playing the oppressor's rigged game.

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I'm just sick to my stomach and saddened about how Glenn Beck just slammed Debra Medina into a brick wall.

I'm excited. The mainstream media thinks this is a negative, and they are spreading it far and wide.

Yet, the mainstream media is behind the times - more young people will be voting, and democrats can switch over. Her official response on her site is excellent. People who trust Glenn Beck are a dying breed.

Her traffic will soar. Many of us will donate more to her now. I think you're making things worse dude. Be positive!

paulitics
02-11-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm excited. The mainstream media thinks this is a negative, and they are spreading it far and wide.

Yet, the mainstream media is behind the times - more young people will be voting, and democrats can switch over. Her official response on her site is excellent. People who trust Glenn Beck are a dying breed.

Her traffic will soar. Many of us will donate more to her now. I think you're making things worse dude. Be positive!

Glenn Beck just outed himself today. The media thinks that Medina came out of the closet. It was actaully Beck who came out of the closet as a flaming neocon not to be trusted. i predict beck's ratings will go down.

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 02:32 PM
For fuck's sake, there is no saving freedom playing the oppressor's rigged game.
YaY, someone gets it!

What they are doing is associating an individual with a group, then the individual is subsumed by the group, and the group is then attached to a negative image with the rest of society is supposed to turn against.

Are you a human being?
Do you associate with human beings?
Do you have anyone on your staff that are human beings or associate with human beings?
I've heard from anonymous sources that you have been seen meeting with human being in preparation for this election, how can the voters be assured that you are not sympathetic to human beings?

Cap
02-11-2010, 02:47 PM
I'll say it again, our movement has been infiltrated by Neocons. It seems that a lot of the same who were pimping Brown were pimping Beck as well. Utterly disgusting.

JoshLowry
02-11-2010, 02:50 PM
I'll say it again, our movement has been infiltrated by Neocons. It seems that a lot of the same who were pimping Brown were pimping Beck as well. Utterly disgusting.

Time exposes all. Politicians, MSM talking heads, everyone!

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 02:59 PM
All "movements" are infiltrated. That is their purpose. They are designed, inherently, to be controlled. Do you get-it?

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 03:07 PM
nt

JoshLowry
02-11-2010, 03:10 PM
All "movements" are infiltrated. That is their purpose. They are designed, inherently, to be controlled. Do you get-it?

Most people join together with others to change things, not to be infiltrated.

I didn't go to a Ron Paul meetup in early 2007 so we could be controlled.

Baptist
02-11-2010, 03:12 PM

There is only one party -- The Big-Government Tyranny party. Beck is the epitomy of this B******.

This

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 03:14 PM
nt

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 03:15 PM
I agree with your perspective but I do not agree with everything you say. The founding fathers were infiltrated but they prevailed. While I don't agree with everyone is a vector and everything is doom and gloom I do agree with you in this context:

1. Lots of money has been spent refining techniques to influence, manipulate, and/or control groups of people and that is part of the marketing machine we are up against.

2. There are not many people talking about why milk is not a good source of calcium.

3. If you don't understand why you believe milk is a good source of calcium you do not clearly see the battlefield.

As an objective observer it appears that Alexander Hamilton won, and he was the infiltrator.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
nt

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 03:28 PM
..... I don't agree with everyone is a vector and everything is doom and gloom....
This is how others frame my posts, others who are afraid of my insights, it is not how I frame my posts, however.

Of course my comments do NOT universally apply to "everyone," but then again, I never said that. Interesting how this continues to get manipulated in this way. I simply, and repeatably point out the techniques of control that others either refuse to see or can't see.

But, it is incredibly naive to not understand that a political movement, by design, are built to be infiltrated. Hence, reliance on "movements" should be done with this knowledge in-hand.

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Most people join together with others to change things, not to be infiltrated.

I didn't go to a Ron Paul meetup in early 2007 so we could be controlled.
Of course not. So, what have you learned since then?

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
nt

Cap
02-11-2010, 03:43 PM
But, it is incredibly naive to not understand that a political movement, by design, are built to be infiltrated. Hence, reliance on "movements" should be done with this knowledge in-hand.

True, however it is also amiss to neglect to point it out when the infestation is stark. By excepting the status quo infiltration as just a natural process and ignoring the damage that is occurring, is in itself malice.

CCTelander
02-11-2010, 03:50 PM
good job! really needed to post a told you so....huh, wish i had your time.

If some of the more gullible among us would actually use these kinds of things as real learning experiences instead of just swallowing the bait over and over again, perhaps fewer "I told you so"s would be needed.

But no, that's just CRAZY talk there.

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I am not trying to put words into your posts. I am having a conversation with you expressing the feelings I have gotten when I have read your posts. I am not seeking to manipulate anything you have said. I am only making a comment with regards to the educational and teaching value of your posts based on how I perceive them.

You are obviously extremely knowledgeable on the subject matter. I find it easier to follow you when you frame your arguments using real world comparisons
I got ya. My intent wasn't to slam you or your post. I simply wanted to point out that this characterization that you presented is one that is repeatedly framed by others, and it is a deliberate frame of reference, I believe, in an attempt to discredit the messenger and/or marginalize the message.

I agree with your comment and would like to add it is well stated. The only thing a reader is left to ponder over is how are political movements infiltrated by design or what is the design flaw.
Well, I would also argue that a reader can ponder whether political movements are the best mechanism for achieving liberty, and whether politics is a tool of liberty or a tool of control.

True, however it is also amiss to neglect to point it out when the infestation is stark. By excepting the status quo infiltration as just a natural process and ignoring the damage that is occurring, is in itself malice.
Can you please restate your 2nd sentence. I did not understand your point, and I would like to.

someperson
02-11-2010, 04:01 PM
The only thing a reader is left to ponder over is how are political movements infiltrated by design or what is the design flaw.
I believe that it's the label, to a great degree, that enables infiltration. A nameless collection of individuals who take actions to forward policies and ideas is much more difficult to infiltrate. If a label is to be used to represent a collection of individuals who believe in certain ideas, those ideas should be affixed to the label without fail, whenever the label is presented. I prefer nameless.

CCTelander
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
IMO everyone here needs to learn a great deal more about the concept of spontaneous order and start putting it to use ASAP.

angelatc
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Some of us here anyway.

That's totally helpful.

constituent
02-11-2010, 04:11 PM
That's totally helpful.

Agreed. It's not like anyone who supported Beck before is going to learn from this mistake...

Maybe they won't trust Glenn Beck again, but it'll be another t.v./radio puppet. I'm sure they're on the rise as we type...

fedup100
02-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Told you so too! Did that help?

CCTelander
02-11-2010, 04:18 PM
Agreed. It's not like anyone who supported Beck before is going to learn from this mistake...

Maybe they won't trust Glenn Beck again, but it'll be another t.v./radio puppet. I'm sure they're on the rise as we type...

Sometimes people NEED to be slapped in the face with it in order to finally get the message.

Maybe "I told you so" isn't the most polite or effective way to go about it, but I can certainly empathize with the frustration that drives it.

moostraks
02-11-2010, 04:22 PM
I got ya. My intent wasn't to slam you or your post. I simply wanted to point out that this characterization that you presented is one that is repeatedly framed by others, and it is a deliberate frame of reference, I believe, in an attempt to discredit the messenger and/or marginalize the message.

Well, I would also argue that a reader can ponder whether political movements are the best mechanism for achieving liberty, and whether politics is a tool of liberty or a tool of control.

You get framed in the manner in which you present your cryptic responses. Too many of us are coming away with a similar idea after reading your material so maybe something is missing in your delivery?

Until we live in an environment in which politics isn't defining our communities and defining our circumstances, living as if you are isolated from politics is wishful thinking at best. Look at how it has worked with the Amish. (yes they are constantly having run-ins with the government) Don't participate and just like the anabaptists you will live at the hands of your captors

Now possibly by forming mini-communities and withdrawing is a possibillity but then they raid you and accuse you of harboring pedophiles or amassing weapons supplies. I have already told you about my experiences as an individual family. It ain't pretty.

JoshLowry
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Beck 2/10/10: Be a patriot, question your government!

Beck 2/11/10 (Medina interview): Do not question your government, go back to 4 percent! Medina is crazy!

Beck 2/12/10: Be a patriot, question your government!

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
IMO everyone here needs to learn a great deal more about the concept of spontaneous order and start putting it to use ASAP.
Talking Howard Rheingold Smart Mobs kind of stuff here?

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 04:28 PM

Beck 2/11/10 (Medina interview): Do not question your government, go back to 4 percent! Medina is crazy!

Beck Pre Iran-War: Be a patriot, question your government!
Beck Iran War: Do not question your government, be obedient! Give up your liberties or you are un-American!

CCTelander
02-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Talking Howard Rheingold Smart Mobs kind of stuff here?

I was actually thinking more along the lines of Butler Shaffer and the knowledge that's been gained in the quest for artificial intelligence. Not familiar with Rheingold, I don't think. Seems that I have heard the term "smart mobs" before, but it eludes me at present.

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 04:31 PM

Actually, I would characterize the 2/11/10 interview as:

Beck 2/11/10 (Medina interview): 9/11 Truthers question their government and therefore are crazy and a danger to society at large. Medina is a 9/11 Truther![/B]

What you have pointed out Josh, however, is the larger technique that is at play... and that is the back and forth of messaging... from one extreme to the other. I will have to revisit the detailed explanation of this technique, but it is meant to exhaust the public. Hence, another reason not to pay attention and to allow their techniques to be propagated.

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 04:33 PM
I was actually thinking more along the lines of Butler Shaffer and the knowledge that's been gained in the quest for artificial intelligence. Not familiar with Rheingold, I don't think. Seems that I have heard the term "smart mobs" before, but it eludes me at present.
Ok, well don't worry about Rheigold then, he's a moron and his 'flash mob' stuff is designed to fail and deliberately put-out in the market place in the hopes that the gullible will follow it. I'll have to checkout Shaffer... don't know him or his work.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 04:38 PM
nt

CCTelander
02-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Based on the present course the political I told you so thread will have it's day.

I'm betting sooner rather than later, but I'm an incurable optimist!

Anti Federalist
02-11-2010, 04:43 PM
That's totally helpful.

I think it is.

Perhaps it can prevent this in the future.

Look at what he (Beck) did, smeared Medina and managed to get "truthers" and "anti truthers" at each other's throats again, when Medina is in no way associated with 9/11 truth.

Maybe it will finally drive the point home, that next time it will be ending the Fed or income tax or foreign wars that will be portrayed as "kooky" "nutty" or "fringe" and attacked and smeared by Beck or some other piece of shit like him.

Maybe, just maybe, it will force people in this "movement" to start acting the fuck like the radicals and "revolutionaries" they claim to be and damn well need to be in order to win liberty back, instead of, in the words of Jesse Ventura in Predator, "acting like bunch of slack jawed ******s".

Your freedom is not going to found in voting booth or on the Glenn Beck Show.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 04:46 PM
nt

Deborah K
02-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Just wondering how many of you "I told you so's" were shouting from the rooftops against Medina going on Beck's show BEFOREHAND? :rolleyes:

dannno
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Just wondering how many of you "I told you so's" were shouting from the rooftops against Medina going on Beck's show BEFOREHAND? :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a matter of not going on the show..

Hell, if Medina is invited on Hannity and she wants to do it, I say go for it.

I think he's saying that those who thought Beck was going to "turn around" a be a "true supporter of liberty", not just once in a while when it's convenient, but 24/7, were fooling themselves.

low preference guy
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
Beck sucks, but Medina advisers should have told her to prepare for this question. A simple "No" would have avoided this mess.

phill4paul
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Two things.

Financial support and activism in campaigns by those "Liberty" candidates that YOU support. For people to make a change of heart and mind they need candidates that they can look to that embody their new found philosophy . Local, state and national. In that order.

Activism in community awareness of the philosophy of "Liberty" and directing them to those candidates that YOU support. Neighbors, neighborhoods, towns, counties, districts, states and national. In that order.

There is no parade of signs that will do it. There is no "organization" that will do it. There is no "talking head" that will do it.

Only YOU can ignite freedom fires.

HenryAlan
02-11-2010, 05:17 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck Radio: Debra Medina is a 9/11 truther (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2Ov6u9e38&feature=player_embedded)

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
nt

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 05:23 PM
nt

Deborah K
02-11-2010, 05:24 PM
I don't think it's a matter of not going on the show..

Hell, if Medina is invited on Hannity and she wants to do it, I say go for it.

I think he's saying that those who thought Beck was going to "turn around" a be a "true supporter of liberty", not just once in a while when it's convenient, but 24/7, were fooling themselves.

Beck thinks truthers are whack-jobs. His prerogative. Many on this forum think that as well. If he suspects you are one, he'll go after you with a vengeance. He asked Dr. Paul this line of questioning during his hour long interview with him in '07. Paul handled it beautifully and Beck backed the f'k off.

I take issue with how he treated Medina, I thought it was disgraceful and I am formulating a letter to him that I will also send to Medina along with another donation. People will handle this the way they see fit. Beck deserves backlash for this, there is no doubt about it. But I'll still watch him.

Deborah K
02-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Did you ask?

You can't stir the pot all the time.... ;)

Whoooosh.......sorry, that one got by me.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
nt

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM

In a nation founded on a self-evident and unalienable Truth, there can only be one movement. Any other movement leads the people away from it and is a false one (what is the opposite of the truth?).

LittleLightShining
02-11-2010, 05:46 PM
Two things.

Financial support and activism in campaigns by those "Liberty" candidates that YOU support. For people to make a change of heart and mind they need candidates that they can look to that embody their new found philosophy . Local, state and national. In that order.

Activism in community awareness of the philosophy of "Liberty" and directing them to those candidates that YOU support. Neighbors, neighborhoods, towns, counties, districts, states and national. In that order.

There is no parade of signs that will do it. There is no "organization" that will do it. There is no "talking head" that will do it.

Only YOU can ignite freedom fires.Post of the day! Love it!

johnrocks
02-11-2010, 05:53 PM
If the truthers had not had ever reared their heads, none of this would be going on as in the Paul campaign, this is what a Physician friend that I know wrote at another forum....

"I DO live in Texas, and am now much less likely to vote for her. I'll listen to what she has to say, but waffling on a question like this...well, I think even THAT shows bad judgement.

Question: 'Did our government have anything to do with 9/11?'

Answer: 'No.' NOT 'There are legitimate questions about that.'

It just gives them ammunition, she wasn't expecting this and I have wrote the son of a bitch off but at the same time, this nonsense costs dearly, I so wish she would have said "No" and moved on.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-11-2010, 05:54 PM
Beck thinks truthers are whack-jobs. His prerogative. Many on this forum think that as well. If he suspects you are one, he'll go after you with a vengeance. He asked Dr. Paul this line of questioning during his hour long interview with him in '07. Paul handled it beautifully and Beck backed the f'k off.

I take issue with how he treated Medina, I thought it was disgraceful and I am formulating a letter to him that I will also send to Medina along with another donation. People will handle this the way they see fit. Beck deserves backlash for this, there is no doubt about it. But I'll still watch him.

Most know that Socrates never wrote anything, while many think he didn't even know how to read or write. With paper being so scarce in ancient Greece that traveling troubadours had to be deployed to put text to memory so they could travel throughout the Greek World acting out Homer's books, not only was knowing how to read and write uncommon back during that ancient time but it wasn't considered an intelligent endeavor. Even Plato would perform his dialogues reciting them to his students after writing it down first (showing that natural oration was valued more
as an intelligent endeavor than the ability to read and write). Who would write down the words of Plato as he performed his "lectures?" Why, Aristotle would do so as he was the only student who knew how to read and write.
Even Moses jabbered on and on with Pharoah through his appointed mouthpiece and his brother Aaron, while it took him many years later to finally write what would eventually become the Old Testament.
Spin doctors and their natural ability to talk is something we unwisely value and put our trust in.

Deborah K
02-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Most know that Socrates never wrote anything, while many think he didn't even know how to read or write. With paper being so scarce in ancient Greece that traveling troubadours had to be deployed to put text to memory so they could travel throughout the Greek World acting out Homer's books, not only was knowing how to read and write uncommon back during that ancient time but it wasn't considered an intelligent endeavor. Even Plato would perform his dialogues reciting them to his students after writing it down first (showing that natural oration was valued more
as an intelligent endeavor than the ability to read and write). Who would write down the words of Plato as he performed his "lectures?" Why, Aristotle would do so as he was the only student who knew how to read and write.
Even Moses jabbered on and on with Pharoah through his appointed mouthpiece and his brother Aaron, while it took him many years later to finally write what would eventually become the Old Testament.
Spin doctors and their natural ability to talk is something we unwisely value and put our trust in.

Confused here. Are you calling me a spin doctor? Or are you accusing me of being some dumb, blind follower of Beck? If it is the latter, I can assure you that while I realize I am in the extreme minority with my views on this forum, I am no follower of anyone.

Anti Federalist
02-11-2010, 06:50 PM
If the truthers had not had ever reared their heads, none of this would be going on as in the Paul campaign, this is what a Physician friend that I know wrote at another forum....

"I DO live in Texas, and am now much less likely to vote for her. I'll listen to what she has to say, but waffling on a question like this...well, I think even THAT shows bad judgement.

It just gives them ammunition, she wasn't expecting this and I have wrote the son of a bitch off but at the same time, this nonsense costs dearly, I so wish she would have said "No" and moved on.

If it was not this, it would have been something else.

Athan
02-11-2010, 07:13 PM
Some of us here anyway.

I was warming up recently, but I guess I should have listened. At least now we can call him Benedict Beck.

PatriotOne
02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Some of us here anyway.

I can't even muster a neener, neener, neener.

PatriotOne
02-11-2010, 07:22 PM

LOL...yes blame the truthers. Freaking troll :rolleyes:.

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, an Individual should never ever accept a label, no matter what that label is. So calling this guy a "Freaking troll" is more than ironic.

I will not be filed, indexed, profiled, stamped, or NUMBERED!!!
Patrick McGoohan, as No. 6 in The Prisoner

rprprs
02-11-2010, 09:19 PM
She gave a sub-optimal response, but that doesn't excuse the way Beck treated her beforehand or especially hanging up on her, not giving her a chance to elaborate and comparing her to Hitler. How is that, at all, reasonable even if she did screw up? He clearly, very clearly, was hostile from the start.

Clearly. From the start.
She could have responded better, but this in NO WAY excuses the fact that he was out to get her before he even posed the 911 question.

paulitics
02-11-2010, 09:37 PM

Me too Jon Rocks, but we need to make the best of the situation. Medina is a patriot, regardless of her views on 911. I mean, she wants to end property taxes, and nullify federal intrusions. That is Ron Paul material.

She probably has many supporters that are truthers, and "truthers" encompasses a broad range of people who have questions about the government's behavior, not just those who think remote control planes hit the buildings. She is not going to disavow them, just like Ron paul won't.

It's time to move on with 911 truth, and brush it off when those who aren't on our side, use it against us.

Beck did everything he could to make Medina uncomfortable before he ambushed her. Listen to this interview again from the beginning. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230995

paulitics
02-11-2010, 09:43 PM

I don' t think he was blaming truthers. Read this guys posts on hannity forums. There are quite a few people over there that have woken up to RP because of his posts. All 50,000 of them, phew. It's entertaining to say the least, and John is clearly on the right side, and is 100% a Paulbot, and manages to not get banned.

DeadheadForPaul
02-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Some of us here anyway.

No...Medina torpedoed her campaign by not hitting a SOFT BALL

Regardless of how you feel about 9/11 truth, it is a losing position

DeadheadForPaul
02-11-2010, 10:14 PM

No, the 9/11 Truthers and Alex Jonesites have hurt yet another campaign. Can't you guys leave the 9/11 = Inside Job shirts a home when you're campaigning for our candidates?

Voters overlook infidelity, greed, and even complete lack of moral character...

But voters HATE kookyness. You all ruined Ron's campaign and ruined Medina's now too

If I was running for office, I would avoid that crew like the plague and openly denounce them if necessary.

Clowns.

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 10:17 PM
No...Medina torpedoed her campaign by not hitting a SOFT BALL

Regardless of how you feel about 9/11 truth, it is a losing position

Debra didn't even go so far to take a truther position. You are parroting Beck's mischaracterization. She just realizes the families of the victims aren't satisfied with the official report. Any serious look at the report you can find on the internet isn't satisfied with the official report.

Who takes the commission report as gospel anymore? Not Texans, I'll bet.

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 10:40 PM
No, the 9/11 Truthers and Alex Jonesites have hurt yet another campaign. Can't you guys leave the 9/11 = Inside Job shirts a home when you're campaigning for our candidates?.
This is what happens when people let vector-leaders like AJ assign brands to them and the control those images. Next thing you know, what you're fighting for has gotten you labeled as a nutcase, or worse, and the vector-leader who you thought was on your side is the one who created the self-destruction.

This is an old technique. People simply need to totally & adamantly rebuff any efforts to label oneself.

dannno
02-11-2010, 10:45 PM
No, the 9/11 Truthers and Alex Jonesites have hurt yet another campaign.

Wha?? What did we do?

Can't you guys leave the 9/11 = Inside Job shirts a home when you're campaigning for our candidates?

................................:rolleyes:

Wow. You are wrong about this. You are wrong about 9/11. It's like you are wrong about everything related to what makes a campaign succeed or fail.

CCTelander
02-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Wha?? What did we do?

You're the current easy targets. Don't worry, soon enough the focus will shift to some other bunch that can be easily marginalized.

someperson
02-11-2010, 11:13 PM
People simply need to totally & adamantly rebuff any efforts to label oneself.
+1 :)

InterestedParticipant
02-11-2010, 11:33 PM
+1 :)
So, if I had been the one being interviewed by Beck, and he asked me if I was a 9/11 Truther, I would have jumped down his throat and told him that group-label are contradictory to a society built on Individual freedom, and that his accusation was repugnant and a nothing more than an underhanded technique of framing our entire interview and discussion. I would have refused to continue with the interview until he recognized that our society is built on respect for the individual, and that what he was doing was nothing more then simple bigotry.

Absolutely no tolerance for this type of behavior. None whatsoever. It simply cannot be allowed to even enter the door of a free society. I am what I am, and I am unique and cannot be categorized or labeled. It is my strong advice that others take this same attitude, and only support people who also share this attitude.

Their attempts at further assimilation must cease immediately. No exceptions, No excuses.

someperson
02-11-2010, 11:40 PM
It's refreshing to see an individual who truly understands the destructive nature of group labels. Thanks for your post, IP.

Nate
02-11-2010, 11:47 PM
It's refreshing to see an individual who truly understands the destructive nature of group labels. Thanks for your post, IP.

+1

libertarian4321
02-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Some of us here anyway.

Beck is an utter jackass who I despise for a number of reasons. However, I'm not sure he torpedoed anyone. If Debra had answered the question with a strong negative (as she did when asked if the supported secession during the governor's debate), Beck would have been left with nothing to say.

I think she was trying to give a non-answer answer so that she could appease the Truthers while at the same time trying not to look like a nut in the eyes of the average voter- but it came out very badly.

InterestedParticipant
02-12-2010, 12:01 AM
So, if I had been the one being interviewed by Beck, and he asked me if I was a 9/11 Truther, I would have jumped down his throat and told him that group-label are contradictory to a society built on Individual freedom, and that his accusation was repugnant and a nothing more than an underhanded technique of framing our entire interview and discussion. I would have refused to continue with the interview until he recognized that our society is built on respect for the individual, and that what he was doing was nothing more then simple bigotry.

Absolutely no tolerance for this type of behavior. None whatsoever. It simply cannot be allowed to even enter the door of a free society. I am what I am, and I am unique and cannot be categorized or labeled. It is my strong advice that others take this same attitude, and only support people who also share this attitude.

Their attempts at further assimilation must cease immediately. No exceptions, No excuses.

+1
We must demand this type of behavior from the people that we put into office. They should rebuff transparent media attempts to label them with total contempt and absolute unwavering. We will not be controlled by "Sensitivity Police" (taken from KGB tactics) dressed-up as Media.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-12-2010, 12:13 AM
nt

CapitalistRadical
02-12-2010, 12:40 AM
So, if I had been the one being interviewed by Beck, and he asked me if I was a 9/11 Truther, I would have jumped down his throat and told him that group-label are contradictory to a society built on Individual freedom, and that his accusation was repugnant and a nothing more than an underhanded technique of framing our entire interview and discussion.

In a 6 second soundbite? How?

Andrew-Austin
02-12-2010, 12:48 AM
Some of us here anyway.

Will Alex Jones be the next Glen Beck? Tune in next time to find out

Anti Federalist
02-12-2010, 01:34 AM
No, the 9/11 Truthers and Alex Jonesites have hurt yet another campaign. Can't you guys leave the 9/11 = Inside Job shirts a home when you're campaigning for our candidates?

But voters HATE kookyness. You all ruined Ron's campaign and ruined Medina's now too

If I was running for office, I would avoid that crew like the plague and openly denounce them if necessary.

Clowns.

Fuck sakes...nvm

Ricky201
02-12-2010, 03:21 AM

That that that + infinity.

I just want to move to Wyoming and have Montana and Idaho become partners in championing secession. Is that so hard to ask?

bunklocoempire
02-12-2010, 03:33 AM
Beck is scum.

I don't give a shit if he's talking the good talk once in a while, he's a fucking snake when it counts.

A big +1.

It's 2007-08 all over again.

Bunkloco

TER
02-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Yesterday was a turning point for Medina. I want to remain optimistic, and the reality is that how she responds to the barrage of 9/11 truther questions she will be asked from here on out will determine whether she catapults to winning the primaries or being cast into oblivion by the general Texan voter.

She is in a hole right now and she has to figure out really fast which would be better: should she climb out and risk ridicule by those who wield massive media power or dig out and hope Glenn Beck's neocon tendencies are rejected by the general Texan voter.

Either way, we learned a very invaluable lesson today: the larger the stakes, the more attacks this revolution will suffer, and while these may be setbacks, there is no doubt in my mind, these setbacks are what makes the liberty movement stronger in the long run. Just as for every terrorist the US kills, a dozen more sprout up, likewise as more honest, hard working, Constitutional defending patriots are ambushed, a dozen more people wake up to see the sinister motives of those who would stop at nothing in order to feed off the people.

InterestedParticipant
02-12-2010, 09:38 AM
In a 6 second soundbite? How?
To answer your question, just read the following bolded part of my earlier post...

In short, interview is over until he recants those tactics. End of story.

moostraks
02-12-2010, 09:56 AM

Clowns.

You know this pathetic attitude where everyone has to have the establishment's view on the issues or else they kooks is the problem. The reason why tptb always have the upperhand is because no one is willing to overlook the faults of the other people who also just want to be left to lead a life of self determination unless they are in agreement with each other.

Until people are willing to stand up to the leviathan of power in the Federal government with those who differ in views regarding but not limited to: abortion, drugs, 9/11, welfare, unemployment, unions, prostitution, etc... then we will always get what we always got.

Jerks who come on this forum and start infights by name calling another based on their particular views on a subject are nothing but tyrant wannabes...They only bicker over what flavor the kool aid is thats being served.

I don't even care what the status is regarding 9/11 because we won't ever get the full truth, but this type of dispargaing commenting and blame throwing is what is defeating individual rights and true liberty being accessible to anyone but tptb.....

revolutionisnow
02-12-2010, 10:18 AM

Clowns.

So, if a few people in 9/11 = Inside Job shirts showed up campaigning for Obama, would his campaign also have been over?

pcosmar
02-12-2010, 10:46 AM
Propaganda
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation, aimed at serving an agenda. Even if the message conveys true information, it may be partisan and fail to paint a complete picture. The book Propaganda And Persuasion defines propaganda as "the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."

YouTube - CFR Media Control - Councile on Foreign Relations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXerOma_I2U)

Understand it.
And don't get fooled again.

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Propaganda
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda

YouTube - CFR Media Control - Councile on Foreign Relations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXerOma_I2U)

Understand it.
And don't get fooled again.
Prove to me that you are not being fooled right now.

pcosmar
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Prove to me

Who the fuck are you.

Your posts seem like just another troll walked in here. :(

johnrocks
02-12-2010, 12:49 PM

Sure it would have been, she went from 4% to 20% and now this crap is everywhere, I'm sorry that this happened, I'm sorry we got "sideways" yesterday; I really am; but voters are not as open minded as you are, that is just reality, if I lived in Texas, it would not sway me from supporting her however others think that truthers are ,well, kooks and it can kill a campaign, if her poll numbers fall or stall, we can look at yesterday as her Waterloo I suppose or "Macaca" moment.

johnrocks
02-12-2010, 12:56 PM

How am I a troll when the truthers always are a controversy, that isn't an opinion, it's a fact. You want to hurt a campaign....Start talking truther crap and it'll work everytime.

Cult of One
02-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Who the fuck are you.

Your posts seem like just another troll walked in here. :(
Someone who is asking questions, and not just following the pack.

Now, can you answer the question or can't you?

johnrocks
02-12-2010, 12:57 PM
Me too Jon Rocks, but we need to make the best of the situation. Medina is a patriot, regardless of her views on 911. I mean, she wants to end property taxes, and nullify federal intrusions. That is Ron Paul material.

She probably has many supporters that are truthers, and "truthers" encompasses a broad range of people who have questions about the government's behavior, not just those who think remote control planes hit the buildings. She is not going to disavow them, just like Ron paul won't.

It's time to move on with 911 truth, and brush it off when those who aren't on our side, use it against us.

Beck did everything he could to make Medina uncomfortable before he ambushed her. Listen to this interview again from the beginning. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230995

True.

pcosmar
02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Someone who is asking questions, and not just following the pack.

Now, can you answer the question or can't you?

Research. Do some.

Peace&Freedom
02-12-2010, 01:00 PM
Sure it would have been, she went from 4% to 20% and now this crap is everywhere, I'm sorry that this happened, I'm sorry we got "sideways" yesterday; I really am; but voters are not as open minded as you are, that is just reality, if I lived in Texas, it would not sway me from supporting her however others think that truthers are ,well, kooks and it can kill a campaign, if her poll numbers fall or stall, we can look at yesterday as her Waterloo I suppose or "Macaca" moment.

OR we can look at it as her Giuliani moment, where she showed courage in the face of verbal bullying, as Paul did in defending blowback when responding to Rudy. Doesn't matter if Medina's response needed work (so did Paul's), the point is she got elevated due to standing firm. Beck gave her anti-establishment cover by attacking her, and her anti-establishment stance is the source of her popularity. He may have just inadvertantly helped her.

Anti Federalist
02-12-2010, 08:22 PM

The aggravation and anger was directed at Beck.

Medina, as far as I know, has never had any connection to 9/11 truth whatsoever.

Beck pulled a shitty stunt designed to do just what it did, get everybody at each others throats and paint Medina as a "kook" when she had nothing to do with any of it.

The man is a piece of shit, plain and simple.

My anger was directed at blaming us ("troofers") as if we had anything to do with this (we didn't).

It was all Beck, it was a crummy hit piece and everybody knows it.

No worries about it now, I'm cool. Hope you are too.