PDA

View Full Version : Debra Media/ Glenn Beck segment (youtube)

Pennsylvania
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
for anyone who missed it...

YouTube - Glenn Beck Radio: Debra Medina is a 9/11 truther? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2Ov6u9e38)

Edit: Mods, Can you correct Debra's last name in the thread title?
Edit #2: Also I'm not sure how this thread got posted twice, feel free to delete one of em

angelatc
02-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Can we spin it into a successful moneybomb? That's all I have. I couldn't even listen to the whole thing.

jclay2
02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
FUCK YOU Again Glenn Beck. That was sickening. In the midst of all your misinformation, I thought in the past that you might help bring people to the point of almost waking up. Now I know you are a fucking tool who's sole purpose is to bring down liberty candidates.

angelatc
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
FUCK YOU Again Glenn Beck. That was sickening. In the midst of all your misinformation, I thought in the past that you might help bring people to the point of almost waking up. Now I know you are a fucking tool who's sole purpose is to bring down liberty candidates.

That's not helping. Can we turn this passion into something besides a battle between the "I told you so!" people and the "WFT?!?" people?

Dustancostine
02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
I think her answer was fine and I am not a truther at all. F*** Beck

lynnf
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
I haven't watched it yet, but I think she can work it to her advantage, if done right.

lynn

jclay2
02-11-2010, 11:25 AM
That's not helping. Can we turn this passion into something besides a battle between the "I told you so!" people and the "WFT?!?" people?

I agree, I am just so mad. Given that this was a constitutional liberty candidate, I can't believe the way Beck just treated her. Out of probably a 100 hours of listening to beck, I have never heard him disrespect someone so blatently. It was almost if Medina were some kook average joe caller going in. He basically, hung up on her at the end and then just started laughing at her.

I'll right, how can we bounce back from this? Someone has allready mentioned a moneybomb. Any other ideas. Hopefully, the texas primary voters will not think about it too much.

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
This fuckin' truther shit. She should have just said NO. "No, I don't believe that the federal government had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks".

dr. hfn
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Debra Medina's F**k Glenn Beck Moneybomb!

No1ButPaul08
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
Fuck you Glenn Beck and anyone who supports this scumbag. He promotes liberty until it counts. Debra Medina has never spoke about 9/11 Truth and he brings her on and that's all he questions her about. Like that has anything to do with her run for governor. Classic hit piece. Can't wait to see who he endorses in 2012. :rolleyes:

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 12:12 PM
Fuck you Glenn Beck and anyone who supports this scumbag. He promotes liberty until it counts. Debra Medina has never spoke about 9/11 Truth and he brings her on and that's all he questions her about. Like that has anything to do with her run for governor. Classic hit piece. Can't wait to see who he endorses in 2012. :rolleyes:

It wasn't a hit piece. Medina ran in circles that included a lot of truthers. She went on Alex Jones. It's a reasonable question for someone, like Beck, who is anti-truther. If you ask me, it's Debra's fault that she didn't just say no. Beck is a great ally, Debra should have courted him rather than playing into the rumors. 9/11 "truth" isn't worth losing a campaign over.

Pennsylvania
02-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Point is, he shouldn't have asked that bullshit question to begin with. He wouldn't have if he actually cared about freedom. This 9/11 truth stuff doesn't affect policy one bit. I know it's not irrelevant to lots of people on a personal level, but it is TOTALLY irrelevant to Medina's campaign for governor.

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Point is, he shouldn't have asked that bullshit question to begin with.

It's not a bullshit question. Beck is threatened by people who think the government was behind 9/11. While I'm not of the same opinion, I understand where he's coming from. You can still be a liberty advocate while wanting to make sure your candidate isn't going to go on some 9/11 truth crusade against the feds.

He wouldn't have if he actually cared about freedom. This 9/11 truth stuff doesn't affect policy one bit. I know it's not irrelevant to lots of people on a personal level, but it is TOTALLY irrelevant to Medina's campaign for governor.

I don't agree. Her position on 9/11 can have a great effect, especially if she plans to take on the feds as much as she promises.

payme_rick
02-11-2010, 12:26 PM
So I was able to catch the interview, and then listened to the rest of the show to get Beck's full reaction...

My thoughts on this whole mess:

1. Question was answered poorly... that's what I worried about with Deb in this interview, that maybe she'd be too long winded... Beck said he got a negative feeling about her after the first question of "who are you?"... She answered the question but continued on in campaign mode... Beck doesn't like that (I don't either, but it doesn't decide a candidate for me)... wish she would have gotten into more short answers, making it more of a Q&A that allowed more questioning, then drop your site address and the end and let the listeners decide...

2. I don't think she understands the true def. of "truther", though I do believe she knows they are people who do not believe the government has given us "all" of the story... it's a loaded question, an unfair question, and though I feel she answered poorly, her answer was honest IMO... she wasn't prepared for it, so I can cut her some slack...

3. Why in the FUCK was the question asked in the first place? What does it matter if a GOVERNOR does or doesn't believe the government was responsibile in any capicity for the 9/11 attacks? When I heard it brought up that "we've gotten a lot of emails, for and against, and a lot against have said you are a 9/11 truther" my heart dropped... Beck is so caught up in Iran and 9/11 truthers etc... it is INSANE... IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE RACE FOR GOVERNOR IN TEXAS, A-HOLE... And so-the-fuck-what if a governor or PRESIDENT is a truther? what is so threatening about that? I personally am not a truther, I've looked at evidence presented by both sides and have NOT CONCLUDED, but have developed the opinion that the 9/11 attacks were outside... so much for Beck's "Question with boldness"...

4. Very pissed right now

5. What is Debra going to do now? IS it RIP on the campaign? I don't think it is, but the hill didn't need to get any higher and steeper than it just got...

payme_rick
02-11-2010, 12:30 PM
It's not a bullshit question. Beck is threatened by people who think the government was behind 9/11. While I'm not of the same opinion, I understand where he's coming from. You can still be a liberty advocate while wanting to make sure your candidate isn't going to go on some 9/11 truth crusade against the feds.

I don't agree. Her position on 9/11 can have a great effect, especially if she plans to take on the feds as much as she promises.

As long as she is obeying the constitution while doing so what's the big deal?

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
As long as she is obeying the constitution while doing so what's the big deal?

Because it's public opinion suicide.

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
It's not a bullshit question. While I'm not of the same opinion, I understand where {beck} he's coming from..

Mr. Perry, is that you?

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Mr. Perry, is that you?

Keep on saying it, Nay. It beats actually addressing the truth of the matter.

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 07:28 PM
blah truth blah

your post history = truth

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:29 PM
your post history = truth

Yes, my post history is the truth. Your post history is a string of annoying insults that dodge the truth of the matter.

nayjevin
02-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, my post history is the truth. Your post history is a string of annoying insults that dodge the truth of the matter.

trolls who can't win flamebait. internet truth

Nathan Hale
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
trolls who can't win flamebait. internet truth

Keep on saying it, Nay, and it might actually become true. I've been an active member here since early in 07 and now I'm a troll? Nice try, but, as they say on the internet....FAIL.

torchbearer
02-11-2010, 07:38 PM
Keep on saying it, Nay, and it might actually become true. I've been an active member here since early in 07 and now I'm a troll? Nice try, but, as they say on the internet....FAIL.

smell like a troll. but i'm thinking you are one of lizard folk.
hidden and disquised. sssss... yesss....
Come to the neocon side my child.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 07:41 PM
smell like a troll. but i'm thinking you are one of lizard folk.
hidden and disquised. sssss... yesss....
Come to the neocon side my child.

Have to admit funny. Avatar....mezmerizing...must..look..away..

josh.schisler
02-11-2010, 07:54 PM
After reading the forums, I thought the interview was going to be awful. She didn't say anything crazy. It may be enough to lose a few points in the polls, though .

sratiug
02-11-2010, 08:09 PM
This fuckin' truther shit. She should have just said NO. "No, I don't believe that the federal government had anything to do with the 9/11 attacks".

Yes, fuck the truth. We want lies!!!

She didn't say anything unreasonable at all. The 911 families are the original truthers. Do you really think they have had all their questions answered? Didn't the 911 families demand an investigation. And have not the investigators declared their own report is a farce?

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 08:12 PM
Yes, fuck the truth. We want lies!!!

She didn't say anything unreasonable at all. The 911 families are the original truthers. Do you really think they have had all their questions answered? Didn't the 911 families demand an investigation. And have not the investigators declared their own report is a farce?

;)

TheTyke
02-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Is this really all that bad?

I do think it's a setup, this is the first thing Glenn asked and what he spent the whole interview on, didn't discuss her other beliefs which seem to be what Texans are really interested in. Afterwards, he childishly attacked her and intimated she was a truther.

But it's yielding a storm of media coverage (and with it, name recognition,) she never said she was a truther... the money is pouring in... Maybe I'm just being optimistic here, but I think the effect may not have been that bad. We'll see.

tpreitzel
02-11-2010, 08:56 PM
One last item for tonight, I just e-mailed this segment to some of my relatives who think rather highly of Glenn Beck. Glenn, you probably just lost some more viewers and fans. Way to go, Glenn! ;)

torchbearer
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Have to admit funny. Avatar....mezmerizing...must..look..away..

If you watch the "For Liberty" movie closely, you will see lizard people through out.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-11-2010, 09:55 PM
Didn't Beck basically start in on the 9/11 Truth stuff right out of the gates? How could this be anything but a setup? Why hammer on that instead of any other question?

And, in my opinion, he intentionally tried to needle her into an inescapable corner beyond the "are you a Truther" question when he asked about her staff. Total BS.

Justinjj1
02-11-2010, 10:08 PM
we need to keep harping on the fact that Glenn Beck is a mormon. To believe in such total nonsense is a much bigger leap of faith than to believe in 9/11 truth.

tuco.sargent
02-12-2010, 01:28 AM
I think her response shows that she has courage and integrity. It also shows that she actually thought about it and gave reasoning for her answer rather than giving us a bunch of rig-a-ma-roll bullshit that we get from most politicians who try to dodge controversial issues. If the people of Texas are going to be fooled and let go of such a good candidate like Medina over such a irrelevant issue then they probably don't deserve her.

The time to strike is near........

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230622

dannno
02-12-2010, 01:33 AM
^^ Feb 15, we're way ahead of u ;)

Liberty Star
02-12-2010, 01:39 AM
Are we just giving this Beck idiot and his sidekicks too much credibility here to let them define what happened in this interview?

This interview response is measured, outside of neocons circles this is not going to play too badly. It would be a distraction no doubt and there will be political attack ads and so forth but all that can easily be overcome. When did it become politically wrong to not certify blindly and ask for more info about what any gov says about major war/geopolitical events?

If we had less blind believers and more people willing to ask questions, we would have saved over a trillion dollars and many lives looking for non-existent WMDs in Iraq. I commend Medina for this interview. Asking questions about extremly important affairs is never ever wrong. That's all she said, there are questions. Stating that is not taking a position.

This interview proves only one thing, Beck is a sleaze ball and certified neocon tool.