PDA

View Full Version : Kokesh Responds to Scrabblegate

ronpaulhawaii
02-11-2010, 11:07 AM
lulz

http://www.sfreeper.com/2010/02/10/kokesh-responds-to-scrabblegate/

This week’s SFR has the lowdown on Scrabblegate: A saga that is sure to go down in history as the most inconsequential controversy of the 2010 Santa Fe municipal elections.

It all began when the reelection campaign of Santa Fe Mayor David Coss demanded the temporary relocation of a local Scrabble club with which the campaign shared office space. Team Coss feared that club member Adam Kokesh, who is running for Congress, or his devotees might use the club’s access to gather intel for Coss opponent Asenath Kepler, whom Kokesh supports.

“I was shocked,” Kokesh tells SFR. “Anyone can walk in and be a volunteer. To think that a bunch of Scrabble players would be spies was shocking to me, and it makes me wonder: What are they doing that’s so secretive?”

The incident “has reinforced my support for Asenath as a champion of transparency,” Kokesh says.

Kokesh tells SFR he is an avid Scrabble player who joins the club when time permits. “It’s a family bloodsport on my mom’s side,” he says. “On Wednesday nights, when I don’t have anything else going on, you’ll find me playing Scrabble there.”

angelatc
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM
paranoia = 80 points (triple word score plus 50 point bonus.)

Just sayin....

specsaregood
02-11-2010, 11:13 AM
//

Travlyr
02-12-2010, 02:52 AM
paranoia = 80 points (triple word score plus 50 point bonus.)

Just sayin....

Scrabblegate! LOL.

jmdrake
02-12-2010, 08:35 AM
I don't blame Coss for being concerned. I do blame him for being such a small man that he didn't just move his campaign office. That would be the most logical thing to do. What a moron.

Adam Kokesh
02-14-2010, 01:53 AM
He wouldn't have had to move his office, just not do anything that has to be done in secret for two or three hours a week on Wednesday evening when Scrabble playing spies might overhear his volunteers making phone calls!