PDA

View Full Version : Debra Medina on Glenn Beck NOW!

KAYA
02-11-2010, 10:11 AM
On right now!

paulitics
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Glenn Beck says "I want to be a dick today".

constituent
02-11-2010, 10:19 AM
"would you disavow any 9/11 truthers that work for you?"

is this real?

Debra Medina: I'm not about mind control.
Glenn Beck: Well, that's a pretty big one.

AND HE CLOSED ON THAT ONE!!!!!

What a piece of shit.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:20 AM
"would you disavow any 9/11 truthers that work for you?"

is this real?

Debra Medina: I'm not about mind control.
Glenn Beck: Well, that's a pretty big one.

yeah just heard him say that, i believe hes reffering to Jones

constituent
02-11-2010, 10:20 AM
yeah just heard him say that, i believe hes reffering to Jones

try again.

Annihilia
02-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Sounds like it was pretty bad...

MsDoodahs
02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah, anni, it was awful.

He said he's going to take another look at Kay Bailout.

KAYA
02-11-2010, 10:22 AM
He made Medina out to be a kook.:mad:

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Beck is a total gate keeper

sofia
02-11-2010, 10:23 AM
He made Medina out to be a kook.:mad:

she stood her ground very well.

not sure how the glen-bots will take it.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
try again.

ok then who, i just got in for lunch and tuned in to just catch the end of it, who is idiot Beck referring to?

paulitics
02-11-2010, 10:24 AM
Sounds like it was pretty bad...

It was a hit job, disguised as an interview. Before the introduction, he kept referring her to as "what's her name" . The interview was standoffish, and awkward, and then Glenn beck nailed her with 911 truth, bringing up van Jones, etc. Then when the interview ended he and his sidekick mocked her.

Ethek
02-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Beck is a total gate keeper

Beck lives in a world of constructs.. so ' He can never be as strong or as fast as we can be'

Beck is on his way out with the TeaParty debacle.

RM918
02-11-2010, 10:26 AM
It was a hit job, disguised as an interview. Before the introduction, he kept referring her to as "what's her name" . The interview was standoffish, and awkward, and then Glenn beck nailed her with 911 truth, bringing up van Jones, etc. Then when the interview ended he and his sidekick mocked her.

It's nice to know that Glenn Beck has radically changed from the last time he called us a bunch of terrorists.

constituent
wow. "let's get medina on beck!"

Warrior_of_Freedom
It's nice to know that Glenn Beck has radically changed from the last time he called us a bunch of terrorists.

shh

sofia
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM

I'd like to hear the Beck lovers on this forum defend that fake crying CIA piece of shit now.

Annihilia
02-11-2010, 10:27 AM
What a freaking douche canoe. He was doing so well lately. I guess this is the poison part of "honey, honey, poison"

Where are the resident Beck worshipers here to back him up on this one?

constituent
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
"basically admitting that she's a truther."

listen to beck, "well, I don't think she's a 9/11 truther."

lol, he's just trying to paint that image.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:28 AM
hes still talking smack about her

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Hahaha. Is there an I told you so button around here? I swear some people around here are so fascinated with adjulation by the MSM it's sickening. Come on out you Beck defenders....

constituent
"I'm not saying shut truthers up."

Did he or did he not ask her if she would disavow any truthers on her staff? Give me a break.

sofia
wow. "let's get medina on beck!"

when the idea first came up on this forum, I warned that Beck was a fake.

Mods then scolded me for discouraging activism.

I told yall Beck was a fake!!!!

Do yall anti-conspiracy theorists still think the concept of false controlled opposition isnt real???

constituent
02-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Hahaha. Is there an I told you so button around here? I swear some people around here are so fascinated with adjulation by the MSM it's sickening. Come on out you Beck defenders....

Amen to that.

Artie Fufkin
02-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm afraid that's it for Mrs. Medina. Perry will capitalize on this for sure. Thanks Glenn :mad:

But she shouldn't have jumped around that question. And surely she knew what people wanted to hear in her answer. She wasn't prepared for how Glenn might spin it so why didn't she just say, 'no, I'm not a 9/11 truther' ?

MsDoodahs
02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
I thought it was a good idea.

Beck endorsed Perry a while back FOR A FRIKKEN REASON. It's all part of the plan, like whoever here said.

Goddammit WE ARE NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT OUT OF THIS FRIKKEN MESS VIA POLITICS because this kind of shit ALWAYS HAPPENS.

NEVER.

NEVER!

paulitics
02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Beck: Today on the show I have someone running for the governorship of Texas. "Ah what's her name again?".
I knew it was going to go bad before the interview started once he said this. Complete lack of respect right from the start.

What a phony.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:38 AM
So Matthews calls Medina a Complete racist and Beck says she cant be trusted and shes a 911 truther.
Pretty obvious whats going on, the establishment fears her

Annihilia
I thought it was a good idea.

Beck endorsed Perry a while back FOR A FRIKKEN REASON. It's all part of the plan, like whoever here said.

Goddammit WE ARE NEVER GOING TO MAKE IT OUT OF THIS FRIKKEN MESS VIA POLITICS because this kind of shit ALWAYS HAPPENS.

NEVER.

NEVER!

Yeah, I don't think this can be considered an uphill battle any longer. We're literally trying to scale a vertical wall.

sofia
So Matthews calls Medina a Complete racist and Beck says she cant be trusted and shes a 911 truther.
Pretty obvious whats going on, the establishment fears her

and they FEAR 911 truth cuz its their Achilles heel

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:41 AM
beck is saying that 911 is impossible and its a conspiracy, but on the other hand he says Obama is intentionally crashing the economy

what the hell is the difference? he is a complete hack
much like i was for the bail out before i was against it
hes a shmuck

constituent
02-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Wow, Senator McCarthy for the lose, Beck.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
yeah Pat the science is in in regards to 911, but you dont mind looking into global warming science
these guys are the biggest hypocrites ive ever heard

paulitics
02-11-2010, 10:44 AM
beck is saying that 911 is impossible and its a conspiracy, but on the other hand he says Obama is intentionally crashing the economy

hes a shmuck

Yeah, he isolated the progressives as the root cause of all the problems but conveniently ignore the neocons who are cut from the same cloth.

This is the same guy who converted to a religion just so he can get laid. Who is the real Glenn Beck?

sofia
02-11-2010, 10:45 AM

hes a shmuck

good point...

and what about the Global Warming conspiracy WHICH BECK ACKNOWLEDES IS A CONSPIRACY!!!

In its heyday, Global Warming was accepted by 80% of the public!!!

or the Progressive Movement....WHICH BECK ACKNOWLEDES IS A CONSPIRACY!!!

silverhandorder
02-11-2010, 10:45 AM
I am undecided on this. I need to see the interview first. Knowing how members here tend to dramatize everything.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
down with the hemroid!!!

AuH20
02-11-2010, 10:46 AM
9/11 truth has morphed into a joke and Beck hit her right between the eyes. 9/11 truthers insists it was an inside job without any substantial concrete evidence!!! Medina should have said there are lingering question which the 9/11 commission never addressed. Leave it at that, but don't embrace the troofer tag!!

sofia
02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
Wow, Senator McCarthy for the lose, Beck.

off subject i know....but Joe McCarthy was recently vindicated by now open Soviet archives.

McCarthy has been villified not so much for exposing commies....but for the fact that he figured out that the Establishment was working with the commies.

Immortal Technique
02-11-2010, 10:48 AM
9/11 truth has morphed into a joke and beck hit her right between the eyes. 9/11 truthers insists it was an inside job without any substantial concrete evidence!!! Medina should have said there are lingering question which the 9/11 commission never addressed. Leave it at that, but don't embrace the troofer tag!!

you are a gigantic talking point

sofia
02-11-2010, 10:49 AM
9/11 truth has morphed into a joke and Beck hit her right between the eyes. 9/11 truthers insists it was an inside job without any substantial concrete evidence!!! Medina should have said there are lingering question which the 9/11 commission never addressed. Leave it at that, but don't embrace the troofer tag!!

911 Truth is an irrefutable FACT!!!

You just refuse to study the case in detail cuz deep down you're afraid it might be true.

undergroundrr
02-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I am undecided on this. I need to see the interview first. Knowing how members here tend to dramatize everything.

Agreed. Did Medina actually say anything she could be quoted on? From what I've gleaned from the comments, she stood clear of it except for something about "unanswered questions" and Beck did all the pontificating and smearing. Doesn't really make for campaign ammo.

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM

You just refuse to study the case in detail cuz deep down you're afraid it might be true.

shuddup, Max.

Medina is not a Truther and that is what is being discussed here.

sofia
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
Agreed. Did Medina actually say anything she could be quoted on? From what I've gleaned from the comments, she stood clear of it except for something about "unanswered questions" and Beck did all the pontificating and smearing. Doesn't really make for campaign ammo.

Medina gained major points with me for the way she refused to cave in to Bully-Boy Beck...

"I'm not into mind control" she said when Beck wanted her to say she will fire any campaign workers who might be truthers.

I am starting to really LOVE this woman!!! What this country needs is more MEN with balls like hers.

AuH20
02-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Really? Where are the witnesses? the first hand corroboration into levels of the Pentagon and intelligence services? The operatives who said they funded and trained Mohammed Atta? Where is the trail upwards into the government if such an elaborate plan was concocted and included hundreds of accomplices? Look, the government is capable of doing such a thing but at the end of the day we need first hand attribution, not circumstantial evidence. The troofers constantly put the cart before the horse from an empirical standpoint, and that's why they're easy targets for the MSM.

RM918

I personally think 9/11 Truth is a pile of horseshit. The part that says the U.S. government instigated the whole thing and masterfully covered it up and everything they do is just about 'continuing the lie'. I do think their incompetence led to it happening and much of that incompetence has been covered up.

However, what Beck was doing was demanding she disavow anyone who holds the theory or get rid of them from her campaign staff which is ridiculous.

Also, the reason people - in this place in particular - have so much animosity for you guys are the stunts done in the name of 9/11 truth being turned around to label the bunch of us as crazies and completely ignoring us because of it. I don't think it's right for it to happen, but it is NOT because 'we're afraid that it's true'.

KAYA
I'd like to hear the Beck lovers on this forum defend that fake crying CIA piece of shit now.

I'll give it a shot. Anyone running for public office, when asked the question about whether or not 9/11 was an inside job must immediately and decisively answer by saying "absolutely not"! If they don't, they have ZERO chance of winning the office they seek. Just saying, that's the way it is.

Don't get me wrong I am very disappointed with Beck and how the interview went but at the same time if a candidate is not willing to denounce 9/11 as an inside job, that candidate has no chance of winning. Fact of life.

MRoCkEd
shuddup, Max.

Her answer should have been ABSOLUTELY NOT! instead of "there are good questions and I'm not going to take a position"

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Where is the damn phone number to call in?

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
Good caller on now. But, Beck is trying to run over him.

sofia
02-11-2010, 10:54 AM
shuddup, Max.

go ahead....keep burying 911 truth out of fear of MSM...

there will be many more setbacks like this until the american people wake up to 911 truth.

are you gonna ban me now like Beck wants to do?

LibertyEagle
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Call toll-free nationwide: 888-727-BECK

constituent
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Leave it at that, but don't embrace the troofer tag!!

Medina embraced "the troofer tag?"

constituent
02-11-2010, 10:57 AM

there will be many more setbacks like this until the american people wake up to 911 truth.

No, but seriously stfu about 9/11 truth for a minute. This needs to be about Beck.

RM918
02-11-2010, 10:58 AM

It would probably be wiser to work on forcing honest government instead of continuing to spout your theories constantly without any new evidence.

Warrior_of_Freedom

why do you kooks insist wtc 7 didn't fall from the 3rd plane crash? :D

AuH20

The government's recount of the events are largely untrue. We can agree there. But you're going to take that next immense leap on national TV implying, that the federal government was directly involved in intentionally destroying the insurance industry, the airline industry and over 3000 civilians! Do you realize the significance of such allegations without indisputable primary evidence? There is a reason why the troofers are villified. Because they don't know how to play the game. They go around like chickens with their heads cut off screaming "inside job", doing to a great disservice to the legitimate questions they first voiced.

paulitics
02-11-2010, 11:00 AM
This was not Medina's fault. Glenn Beck was a dick to her before the ambush. Those of you who blame Medina and not Beck are out of your mind.

Listen to the whole interview, and and warm up before the interview. At least 2 or 3 times, Beck pretended like he didn't even know Medina's name. That is a liar for you.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-11-2010, 11:01 AM
The government's recount of the events are largely untrue. We can agree there. But you're going to take that next immense leap on national TV implying, that the federal government was directly involved in intentionally destroying the insurance industry, the airline industry and over 3000 civilians! Do you realize the significance of such allegations without indisputable pirmary evidence? There is a reason why the troofers are villified. Because they don't know how to play the game. They go around like chickens with their heads cut off screaming "inside job", doing to a great disservice to their legitimate questions.

Reichstag anyone?

undergroundrr
02-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Her answer should have been ABSOLUTELY NOT! instead of "there are good questions and I'm not going to take a position"

Well, like it or not, that was generally Ron Paul's answer. I'm no truther, but I have plenty of questions.

Medina has shown that she's definitely not into giving a dishonest answer just to win. Plenty of people here have accused Rand and Schiff of doing just that. Sure, just like Limbaugh before hime, Beck's audience is full of dittoheads, but you might be surprised at the way a good portion of the listeners respond to a genuine, open-minded answer.

One of my favorite things she's said is that Texas should "have the courage" to discuss whether the drug war is working (first KERA debate). I'd love for her to stick to that line when she's in controversial territory.

Annihilia
02-11-2010, 11:04 AM
I agree that uncovering the truth about the events of 9/11 in general is a very important issue, BUT..

Can we focus on Glenn Bleeeech now?

constituent
02-11-2010, 11:05 AM
One of my favorite things she's said is that Texas should "have the courage" to discuss whether the drug war is working (first KERA debate). I'd love for her to stick to that line when she's in controversial territory.

Exactly. This can be turned into a win, it's just going to take lots and lots of finesse.

And as for the clowns trying to rationalize Beck's behavior... get with it folks, you've been duped. It's time to lay of the tea (err... kool aid).

Bobster
02-11-2010, 11:06 AM

Is this what she actually said? If so, it was a very poor choice on her part to say that. It can single-handedly sink her campaign.

Romulus
02-11-2010, 11:07 AM
stop talking about 9/11 truth!!!!

This is about Beck and Medina!

He completely FUD'd her beyond all belief.

I can not believe it.... If there's any inkling of doubt Beck is a FAKE this is IT. He completely setout to SMEAR her.

COMMENCE THE CALLS / EMAILS!

AuH20
02-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Reichstag anyone?

Sure. Don't forget Pearl Harbor. But if you're going to be screaming "inside job" on the streets of america, you need a star witness or some indisputable piece of hard evidence.

Artie Fufkin
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Well, like it or not, that was generally Ron Paul's answer. I'm no truther, but I have plenty of questions.

That wasn't Ron Paul's answer. I remember him saying it was 'preposterous' on Glenn's TV show.

sofia
02-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Sure. Don't forget Pearl Harbor. But if you're going to be screaming "inside job" on the streets of america, you need a star witness or some indisputable piece of hard evidence.

would the basic laws of physics qualify as "hard evidence"

have a look

YouTube - WTC-7 Any Questions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEPjOi2dQSM)

RM918
02-11-2010, 11:11 AM

have a look

Not hard enough, apparently.

Bobster
02-11-2010, 11:12 AM

have a look

YOUTUBE VIDEO - Removed from quote.
Regardless of the 9/11 Truth movement, would it make you feel better to not have someone with a Ron Paul-style beliefs in office because they're a raving truther?

Seriously, you have to play the game. This is how you do it, otherwise you can never shape policy, which in turn can shape opinions.

ctiger2
02-11-2010, 11:12 AM

Medina has shown that she's definitely not into giving a dishonest answer just to win. Plenty of people here have accused Rand and Schiff of doing just that. Sure, just like Limbaugh before hime, Beck's audience is full of dittoheads, but you might be surprised at the way a good portion of the listeners respond to a genuine, open-minded answer.

I agree. I respect someone who doesn't just say what they need to say to get elected. She definitely has values and is honest.

silverhandorder
02-11-2010, 11:13 AM
I don't think Beck did anything wrong. That is his point of view and he is free to have one.

The fact is that Debra is not a truther and should have said so. I liked her answer on a personal level. But you must understand there are a lot of people with Beck's point of view. I think it all comes from her being an amateur in politics. She tried to actually reason with people like Beck. She should have satisfied his fears and moved on.

RM918
02-11-2010, 11:14 AM
I don't think Beck did anything wrong. That is his point of view and he is free to have one.

The fact is that Debra is not a truther and should have said so. I liked her answer on a personal level. But you must understand there are a lot of people with Beck's point of view. I think it all comes from her being an amateur in politics. She tried to actually reason with people like Beck. She should have satisfied his fears and moved on.

Including hanging up on her immediately afterward and not giving her a chance to clarify her position, while railing off about how horrible she is?

silverhandorder
02-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Including hanging up on her immediately afterward and not giving her a chance to clarify her position, while railing off about how horrible she is?

Not much different then he does with other people he disagrees with. Look I don't love the guy, but he did not surprise me here.

I want Debra to win.

TNforPaul45
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
stop talking about 9/11 truth!!!!

This is about Beck and Medina!

He completely FUD'd her beyond all belief.

I can not believe it.... If there's any inkling of doubt Beck is a FAKE this is IT. He completely setout to SMEAR her.

COMMENCE THE CALLS / EMAILS!

I disagree. Yes it's about them, but the knife he used to stab her campaign and image is 9/11 truth.

He actually said that "if you believe the gov't had anything to do with 9/11, then you haven't thought this through." The audacity of that statement. Think for your self and you are not thinking things through, but if you just blindly accept the main line and "oh the government is completely innocent and it didn't help those in power at that time" then you are THINKING.

NOT THINKING = THINKING
THINKING = BURYING YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND
OBEEEY
OBEEEY
OBAAAAMAAAA
O'BEECCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK

So Sickening!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Glenn Beck thanks the 9/11 truth movement for the powerful ammunition.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/services/podcasting/askglenn/images/ask_glenn.jpg

RM918
02-11-2010, 11:21 AM
Not much different then he does with other people he disagrees with. Look I don't love the guy, but he did not surprise me here.

I want Debra to win.

He more or less demanded she toss out any of her campaign staff that had this particular conspiracy theory in their heads, and when she didn't he hung up on her and starting comparing her to Hitler. This man did NOTHING wrong? Sure, there were better things she could have said, but she went with the right answer instead of the politically correct answer, because she is no seasoned politician prepared to throw her staffers under a bus on the spot because Beck demands it. It came out of nowhere.

constituent
02-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Glenn Beck thanks the 9/11 truth movement for the powerful ammunition.

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/services/podcasting/askglenn/images/ask_glenn.jpg

You're really blaming this on "the 9/11 truth movement?"

I wonder, is that the official stance of the John Birch Society?

AuH20
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM

have a look

YouTube - WTC-7 Any Questions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEPjOi2dQSM)

What type of fire took down the other building? Was the integrity of the building compromised prior to the fire? Yes, these are important questions besides a simple compare and contrast.

Specifically Who? How? Why? Do you understand why people like Beck make quick work of troofers?

If Troofers were smart, they'd focus on the lies that could prove primarily with the 9/11 commission coverup. And then move onto the near impossible loss of the black boxes. You build a case from the ground like a house, starting with the pouring of the foundation and working your way up to the skeletal structure. You just don't throw the roof on top with no framework below. You don't scream inside job when you cannot even prove the intracacies of the operation and the main protagonists.

angelatc
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM
Regardless of the 9/11 Truth movement, would it make you feel better to not have someone with a Ron Paul-style beliefs in office because they're a raving truther?

Seriously, you have to play the game. This is how you do it, otherwise you can never shape policy, which in turn can shape opinions.

It's always easier in hindsight. She could have asked him if he would fire somebody if he found out they were personally pro-choice, even if that person never discussed politics at the office, did their job in an exemplary manner, and was the most loyal staffer an employer could hope for.

Personally, I could never think that fast on my feet.

constituent
02-11-2010, 11:26 AM
It's always easier in hindsight. She could have asked him if he would fire somebody if he found out they were personally pro-choice, even if that person never discussed politics at the office, did their job in an exemplary manner, and was the most loyal staffer an employer could hope for.

no shit, that would have been clever though. maybe she should keep that in mind for future interviews.

silverhandorder
02-11-2010, 11:26 AM
He more or less demanded she toss out any of her campaign staff that had this particular conspiracy theory in their heads, and when she didn't he hung up on her and starting comparing her to Hitler. This man did NOTHING wrong? Sure, there were better things she could have said, but she went with the right answer instead of the politically correct answer, because she is no seasoned politician prepared to throw her staffers under a bus on the spot because Beck demands it. It came out of nowhere.

Staff are there to help her win not to fucking bring down her campaign. I already said that I liked her answer. However you can't reason with people like Beck.

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
You're really blaming this on "the 9/11 truth movement?"

I wonder, is that the official stance of the John Birch Society?

I just said Glenn Beck thanks them, I didn't blame them.

Glenn Beck is a master of exploiting politics.

jmdrake
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM

True. Now a word to the wise. Any liberty candidate that goes on Beck should expect this crap. Have answers like this written on your palm like Palin.

paulitics
02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
Beck already was disrespectful before the 911 truth interrogation. I listened to the whole show.

SWATH
02-11-2010, 11:28 AM
I don't know what was said specifically but a good answer I would have said would have been:

"I hire and fire my campaign staff based on their performance for my campaign and not their personal beliefs"

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Debra Medina on Glenn Beck.

Welcome to Politics!

YouTube - Glenn Beck Radio: Debra Medina is a 9/11 truther? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2Ov6u9e38)

undergroundrr
02-11-2010, 11:31 AM
It could be harmful if this gets around the truther movement and causes an "uprising." Whether they deserve it or not, the most passionate truthers have a tendency to come across to everyone else as wild-eyed, slobbering, potentially sociopathic kooks when they engaging in discussion in mainstream circles. While, like Medina, I'm not into mind control, there definitely needs to be restraint if over 50% of voters are to feel comfortable enough to cast a ballot for her.

TastyWheat
02-11-2010, 11:33 AM
That really pissed me off. I kid you not, if Medina doesn't get in the runoff now I will vote Democrat in the general. Either that or write in, "Fuck Glenn Beck".

On the other hand though she could've at least said she will hire and fire her advisors based on performance not personal beliefs completely unrelated to their job.

jclay2
02-11-2010, 11:36 AM
That really pissed me off. I kid you not, if Medina doesn't get in the runoff now I will vote Democrat in the general. Either that or write in, "Fuck Glenn Beck".

Maybe Penn and Teller can do a a segment with glenn and frank together:p.

angelatc
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
True. Now a word to the wise. Any liberty candidate that goes on Beck should expect this crap. Have answers like this written on your palm like Palin.

It's an Achilles heel. Beck won't be the only person using it.

AuH20
02-11-2010, 11:48 AM
The woman was not quick enough on her feet. This is what she should have said, "Glenn, my associates' beliefs are simply their own and as long as they're working to the best of their ability to help me gain the nomination in Texas, I can't find any qualms with them. I'm not going to implement any draconian litmus test for workers in my campaign because that's simply un-American. While I believe that the claims that our government was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks to be far-fetched, I think we would be extremely dishonest if we ignored the startling questions that remain from that rueful day. Glenn, like you often say, What's the harm in asking questions? Remember the federal government soothing us with the myth that an economic boom was right around the corner? Time and time again, they have proved to have a sketchy record in disseminating the truth. Whether it was negligence or outright deceit, I don't think it's outlandish to be vigilant in our appraisal of our government."

THAT'S HOW YOU PUT PAT/STU IN HIS PLACE DEBORAH, WHILE STILL PRESERVING THE HIGH GROUND!!

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM
The woman was not quick enough on her feet. This is what she should have said, "Glenn, my associates' beliefs are simply their own and as long as they're working to the best of their ability to help me gain the nomination in Texas, I can't find any qualms with them. I'm not going to implement any draconian litmus test for workers in my campaign because that's simply un-American. While I believe that the claims that our government was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks to be far-fetched, I think we would be extremely dishonest if we ignored the startling questions that remain from that rueful day. Glenn, like you often say, What's the harm in asking questions? Remember the federal government soothing us with the myth that an economic boom was right around the corner? Time and time again, they have proved to have a sketchy record in disseminating the truth. Whether it was negligence or outright deceit, I don't think it's outlandish to be vigilant in our appraisal of our government."

THAT'S HOW YOU PUT PAT/STU IN HIS PLACE DEBORAH, WHILE STILL PRESERVING THE HIGH GROUND!!

She basically said that.

YouTube - Glenn Beck Radio: Debra Medina is a 9/11 truther? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j2Ov6u9e38)

jclay2
02-11-2010, 11:49 AM

That would have been an outstanding answer.

edit: I know that is what she said FrankRep, but that would have made it clearer to the sheep.

RM918
02-11-2010, 11:50 AM
The woman was not quick enough on her feet. This is what she should have said, "Glenn, my associates' beliefs are simply their own and as long as they're working to the best of their ability to help me gain the nomination in Texas, I can't find any qualms with them. I'm not going to implement any draconian litmus test for workers in my campaign because that's simply un-American. While I believe that the claims that our government was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks to be far-fetched, I think we would be extremely dishonest if we ignored the startling questions that remain from that rueful day. Glenn, like you often say, What's the harm in asking questions? Remember the federal government soothing us with the myth that an economic boom was right around the corner? Time and time again, they have proved to have a sketchy record in disseminating the truth. Whether it's negligence or outright deceit, I don't think it's outlandish to be vigilant in our appraisal of our government."

Very easy to say in hindsight. She clearly didn't expect the question, and Beck's line about firing anyone who was a truther didn't sound right to her, which is very understandable. Beck was out to get her from the word go, if she'd have been a seasoned politician it probably wouldn't have happened, but I find it hard to blame her for that.

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Very easy to say in hindsight. She clearly didn't expect the question, and Beck's line about firing anyone who was a truther didn't sound right to her, which is very understandable.

She doesn't know Glenn Beck very well.

undergroundrr
02-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Woulda shoulda coulda. She got on the Glenn Beck Program. Her name recognition just went up massively. Yes, she is going to have to answer this again, maybe many times, hopefully in circumstances that carry even larger audiences.

My dad used to call this a "happy problem."

undergroundrr
02-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Okay, I just got around to listening to this. Way overstated by the people here.

She was surprised at the question. She didn't say anything incriminating. Her laugh of surprise and ridiculousness at the beginning should have told all to anyone in the audience.

This thing about Glenn Beck French kissing Rick Perry is hilarious. Remember him making that offer to Ron Paul?

YouTube - Glenn Beck loves Ron Paul...a lot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEKhCWpoXN4)

JeNNiF00F00
02-11-2010, 12:32 PM
YouTube - Magic Mormon Underwear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVOK42o4E0)

Isnt Beck Mormon?? hmmm how is this any better than being a truther? :confused:

paulitics
02-11-2010, 12:35 PM
The establishment is not afraid of Mediana because she is/may be a truther.

FrankRep
02-11-2010, 12:36 PM
Welcome to Politics.

Free Republic jumps in.

Debra Medina (Truther) Interview with Glenn Beck
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2449289/posts

Medina admitted shes a TRUTHER on Beck
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2449214/posts

JeNNiF00F00
02-11-2010, 12:40 PM
How pathetic are those people.

Their forums suck too.

constituent
02-11-2010, 12:46 PM
off subject i know....but Joe McCarthy was recently vindicated by now open Soviet archives.

McCarthy has been villified not so much for exposing commies....but for the fact that he figured out that the Establishment was working with the commies.

yes, yes, understood...

DapperDan
02-11-2010, 12:55 PM
How pathetic are those people.

Their forums suck too.

agreed