PDA

View Full Version : Denying Military Members Priveledges

jumpyg1258
10-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Recently I have seen all this hub-bub about how these reserve/guard troops have been deployed to iraq and are issued orders that are 1 day short of them getting GI Bill benefits, I don't understand why this is coming up just now. All throughout my military career they have done similiar things in deployments ensuring that they get you out 1 day before you get a certain benefit and will do everything in their power to ensure you do not get them. Just wondering why the media is "shocked" about this when it has been going on for as long as I can remember.

Corydoras
10-06-2007, 06:04 PM
The media are always shocked when they discover something.
It's news to THEM, you see, so they figure it will be news to the general public.

If you follow other fields, such as science, you'll see that they're always dredging up things that have been known for years to people on the inside. The general media didn't make a fuss about the abortion pill for five years after Discover magazine put it on their cover, and they didn't make a fuss about the morning-after pill for twenty years or so after it was known that ordinary birth control pills could do exactly the same thing when taken correctly.

Mesogen
10-06-2007, 06:59 PM
This is like the "pre-existing" mental conditions that led to denial of medical benefits to wounded soldiers.

Then Bush et al. have the nerve to ask for more and more contract money.

And the Democrats give it to them!