PDA

View Full Version : Convincing Pro-War people

enjerth
10-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Something I haven't heard mentioned before, but I think it's important to mention.

When you're discussing Ron Paul with people who are pro-war (at least the Iraq war) ask them if it's ok if the troops come home in 2009. Because Ron Paul wouldn't even be in a position to do anything about that until 2009.

I am of the opinion that our presence is still needed, but I really hope that they can come home by THAT time. On that note, for convincing people who are anti-war, the best that the democrats are willing to offer is 2013. Which is perhaps just an attempt at bartering a second term on the one issue, promising to do that in the first year of their second term.

werdd
10-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Most people that were pro war at one time, like myself, have really lost their heart in it. Anyone that is still gunho on policing iraq is probably to far gone to even worry about.

krott5333
10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
I explain to them how the cost is affecting them.

I show them the following graphs.

http://uploader.ws/upload/200710/value_of_the_dollar.png

http://uploader.ws/upload/200710/CPI_since_1800.png

And then I explain to them that true inflation averages about 5.87% annually since Oct 01, and therefore, unless they get a 5.87% raise each year, they are making less money.

And I explain that China is funding the war, and as our dollar continues to plummet, theyre not going to be very happy when its time to pay them back.

Primbs
10-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Go read arnaud de Borchgrave, diana west articles, anti war.com and Pat Buchanan. They make good sense about the war taking into account the greater threat of Islamic war and the clash of civilizations vs being in Iraq. Also the ex CIA analyst with Ron Paul needs to be read.

There maybe a different way to fight Islamic fascism than just invade Iraq and hope for the best. People are looking a strategy to protect them from Islamic terrorist and they want that strategy to make sense.

DrNoZone
10-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Check out some of the articles in the The American Conservative (http://www.amconmag.com/). Some VERY good articles in there for this crowd.

Lord Xar
10-07-2007, 12:17 PM
I usually mention the fact that we are borrowing billions a day from foreign powers to fund this war. I also mention that we are not actually there to "win" a war, but to nationbuild.. else we would have left after we won... That is why there is NO declaration of war.... because it leaves it too open ended. If it was a war, we would have won - signed peace treaties and be done with it...

so, this nation building is a HUGE tax burden, among the very fact that its NATION BUILDING and that is NON-REPUBLICAN in the true sense...

Republicans don't relize they have been hijacked... and the propaganda machine has set sides.. for the war/terror/fascist nazi regimes and those peace nics who want us out..

They dn't realize this has nothing to do with "patriotism"...

Do you know I belong to some republican meetups.. YOU ALL SHOULD, just so I can see what they talk about and such.. and one of them call "iraq/iran" ISLAMIC NEO-FASCISTS NAZIS... WHAT!!!!!

FreedomLover
10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
I wrote this in another thread. Tell me what you think.

I think another interesting point is that if the security situation in iraq actually improves as it has in the past couple weeks, and if ron paul gets the nomination against hillary, then the "just come home" strategy may work much more to our advantage then previously thought.

Being in Iraq during a period of calm may make the quick withdrawal (just come home) seem much more viable to pro-war republicans and will still be a big winner with the 60-70% of the country (along with most of the democrats) who want the troops to come home within the next 12 months. It will make people go, "ok, the troops have been there a while, the surge worked, we can leave now"

The chance of an anti-war republican winning may also spur the iraqis to take more control over their affairs and realize that they must begin to start functioning as if the troops will not be there anymore soon. This I imagine will help increase the rate of political reconciliation and help the government have more legitimacy among the people. The inevitability of the us leaving iraq may also take more of the "umpf" out of the insurgency, as they will lose a focal point in their propaganda that the us is trying to take over the ME. And they might not be able to spin this into a victory, as the withdrawal will be on our own accord, and the kill ratio will speak for itself.

This is really all speculation, we will have to wait a couple months to see if the on-the-ground situation in iraq can be an advantage to us...

Chester Copperpot
10-07-2007, 12:28 PM
The easiest pro-war people to convert are Fred Thompson supporters.. Since Fred has copied Ron Paul on almost EVERY issue (other than the war) these people are already accepting of the Consitution, federalism, no taxes, etc. Fred stealing ideas and talking about them on places like Hannity have simply LEGITIMIZED Ron Paul's own platforms... I tell Fred people the truth "IF I WAS FOR THE WAR I WOULDNT VOTE FOR RON PAUL EITHER."

Thats what I tell them EVERY time.. and EVERY time this is what I hear now.
"Well, im not REALLY decided on Fred.. Do you think Ron Paul can beat Hillary?"

This is what they want.. They dont want Fred.. They want somebody to beat Hillary.. and we know that only Ron Paul can do this.
The other user on hear who had his $35,000 favor from the LA marketing company said the same thing.

REPEAT TO PEOPLE THAT RON PAUL IS THE ONLY GUY THAT CAN BEAT HILLARY.. AND THAT HE IS THE THOMAS JEFFERSON OF OUR DAY.

REPEAT IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIn till it sinks into everybodys heads

speciallyblend
10-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Let them know they can register at a Pro-War site(make one) and once they have,then tell them they will start the draft with that list first:) sarcasm:)