PDA

View Full Version : Gun show today

ksuguy
10-06-2007, 05:17 PM
Our local meetup group had a table at the big gun show here in town today. The first day went pretty well. We had to have a certain amount of gun related merchandise in order to get the table, but I was able to grab enough of my miscellaneous gun junk to put on there to give us a valid excuse.

Handed out some slim jims, bumper stickers, and some 2nd amendment related print outs. I get the feeling that the conservative crowd is not very enthused about this election. They dread the prospect of Hillary winning, but they don't like the republican front runners either. Many of them liked Ron, but think he doesn't have a chance since the media and GOP establishment aren't going to let him win.

ksuguy
10-07-2007, 04:01 PM
Day 2 went much better than the first day. We were a little more proactive in handing out the info, and we got a lot more slim jims out there. Had several people express support and lots that liked what they read and promised to check him out.

I was surprised at the number of people we got that were beginning to oppose the war. I tried to stay away from that issue since I didn't think it would be good for the crowd, but I had several active duty soldiers, vets, and old conservative gun guys express disapproval with what is going on. They actually brought it up on their own. Wasn't expecting that at all.

I was also surprised that we didn't get any big Fred Thompson fans. Everybody expressed their disdain for Hillary, Giuliani, Romney, and Mccain. Not one person said they liked Thompson. Bottom line, they are not satisfied with the current mainstream media annointed choices.

krott5333
10-07-2007, 04:02 PM
keep up the good work.

Lord Xar
10-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Awesome!! If you can get pics of your setup, that would great.

LibertyEagle
10-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Way to go, ksguy!!! What you did is exactly the type of thing we need a whole lot of, if we're going to win this thing. Gun advocates are a shoe-in for Dr. Paul. They just need to know about him.

In my opinion, we are absolutely crazy if we let one of these Gun Shows go by without a well-stocked Ron Paul table at them.

ksuguy
10-07-2007, 04:19 PM
I think Tom only took one for the meetup site. This one was from yesterday:
http://photos1.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/8/b/f/8/event_2255832.jpeg

All the black stuff on the table is the miscellaneous gun parts and magazines I had to put out there so the organization that runs the show would let us get a table. I managed to sell a few things, enough to pay for the table costs anyway. Also picked up a good deal on a nice K31 rifle yesterday. Can't wait to go try that out.

voortrekker
10-07-2007, 05:26 PM
Great work ksuguy!!!!!

Congrats on your K31. I've heard they are good shooters. I'd like to get one too.

wgadget
10-07-2007, 07:09 PM
We had a gun show table down here in Atlanta this weekend as well. I went in from 2-4:45pm and we passed out HUNDREDS of pieces of lit...mainly tri-folds and the newer slimjims. Several people said they'd vote for him! We were pretty aggressive "passing out" the literature. In fact, we had an unspoken rule that no one could pass the table without being offered something. I'd say a good 90% were happy to take it. One time I missed a guy and went running after him.

Ron Pauling sure is fun!

ksuguy
10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah the first day we were kind of hanging back a bit and only offering to the people that stopped or were looking over at the table. We started asking everyone that was walking by today though. That's the way to do it, some of the most enthusiastic people we had were moving by the table and kind of ignoring us until we said hi and offered up the flier.

Next time, I think it might be good to have some more cool stuff on the table. If you have some cool gun stuff, people will stop to look at that and then you can get them.

Lots of people like to go to the show with their kids. Kids seem to love assault rifles and related stuff. :) Put a nice looking AK, AR, FAL, etc by your table and every 10 year old at the show will want to stop to look at it. When mom and dad come by, hit them with the literature.

Texan4Life
10-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Way to go ksguy!!

... I got a k31 a few months ago and love the huge swiss crest on it :)

lx43
10-07-2007, 08:13 PM
lol Bring a Barrett 50 cal that will impress everyone.

ksuguy
10-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Now you are talking. The more rare and unusual the gun, the better! Wish I had a Barrett!