PDA

View Full Version : 67% there to full page ad in New Hampshires biggest newspaper!

max
10-06-2007, 05:15 PM
can i ask $10 more from each of you?..even if you already gave?

this full page founding father's ad is gonna be a collectors item!

Pleeeeeze!

http://newhampshire.chipin.com/new-hampshire-inserts

bbachtung
10-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Bump.

I just reposted this to forum.nhfree.com

KewlRonduderules
10-06-2007, 08:12 PM
Just donated $10.

:-)

zebov
10-06-2007, 08:14 PM
can you give a link to the specific ad you're wanting to use?

ItsTime
10-06-2007, 08:14 PM
please use the same ad that is being run in the Concord paper PLEASE! It will also cost less because it is black and white... Ill chip in then.. and get others to do so as well. My contacts pushed the Concord way over what they needed.

RCA
10-06-2007, 08:16 PM
Please post the ad.

LibertyEagle
10-06-2007, 10:57 PM
Please post the ad.

This is not the final copy. It is still being edited.

http://www.unitedforliberty.com/assets/frontside.jpg

FreedomLover
10-06-2007, 11:04 PM
I like it alot.

But just one thing: I think you should change the "plans a military draft" to "plans more conflict and war"

There's not really any proof of a "plan" to install a draft. But there is plenty of war postuering (Iran)

skiingff
10-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Fantastic!!!

I have 3 minor concerns with this ad.

1.) When did the founders decide they support Ron Paul?
2.) Hard to tell this is an ad for Ron Paul by just glancing at it, many people may not read the whole thing and may think it's some ad published by some weird group.
3.) FEC legality issue: this ad cannot be an independent expenditure because it's being paid for by more than one individual, and since it costs more than $1,000, you need to form a PAC to publish it. The newspaper will not publish this as is. Even if you told them it was an independent expenditure, you would need to say "Paid for by John Doe (555-555-5555). Not authorized by any candidate or candidates committee."

[Code of Federal Regulations]
[Title 11, Volume 1]
[Revised as of January 1, 2007]
From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access
[CITE: 11CFR100.16]

[Page 53]

TITLE 11--FEDERAL ELECTIONS

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISSION

PART 100_SCOPE AND DEFINITIONS (2 U.S.C. 431)--Table of Contents

Subpart A_General Definitions

Sec. 100.16 Independent expenditure (2 U.S.C. 431(17)).

(a) The term independent expenditure means an expenditure by a
person for a communication expressly advocating the election or defeat
of a clearly identified candidate that is not made in cooperation,
consultation, or concert with, or at the request or suggestion of, a
candidate, a candidate's authorized committee, or their agents, or a
political party committee or its agents. A communication is ``made in
cooperation, consultation, or concert with, or at the request or
suggestion of, a candidate, a candidate's authorized committee, or their
agents, or a political party committee or its agents'' if it is a
coordinated communication under 11 CFR 109.21 or a party coordinated
communication under 11 CFR 109.37.
(b) No expenditure by an authorized committee of a candidate on
behalf of that candidate shall qualify as an independent expenditure.
(c) No expenditure shall be considered independent if the person
making the expenditure allows a candidate, a candidate's authorized
committee, or their agents, or a political party committee or its agents
to become materially involved in decisions regarding the communication
as described in 11 CFR 109.21(d)(2), or shares financial responsibility
for the costs of production or dissemination with any such person.

[68 FR 451, Jan. 3, 2003]

Messages Not Authorized by a Candidate

On a public communication that is not authorized by a candidate or his/her campaign committee, the disclaimer notice must identify who paid for the message, state that it was not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee and list the permanent street address, telephone number or World Wide Web address of the person who paid for the communication. 11 CFR 110.11(b)(3).

Example: "Paid for by the QRS Committee (www.QRScommittee.org) and not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee."

---------------------------------------------------------

Printed Materials

On printed materials, the disclaimer notice must appear within a printed box set apart from the other contents in the communication. The print must be of a sufficient type-size to be clearly readable by the recipient of the communication, and the print must have a reasonable degree of color contrast between the background and the printed statement. 11 CFR 110.11(c)(2)(i), (ii) and (iii).
Example:

"Paid for by the Save the Seahorses Committee and authorized by the
McKay for Senate Committee."

As long as the disclaimer appears somewhere within the communication it does not have to appear on the front page or cover of multiple-paged documents. However, in the case of single-sided documents and billboards, the disclaimer must appear on the front. 11 CFR 110.11(c)(2)(iv).
Safe Harbor for "Clearly Readable"

The regulations contain a safe harbor that establishes a fixed, 12-point type size as a sufficient type size for disclaimer text in newspapers, magazines, flyers, signs and other printed communications that are no larger than the common poster size of 24 inches by 36 inches. 11 CFR 110.11(c)(2)(i). Please note, disclaimers for larger communications will be judged on a case by case basis.

-----------

http://www.fec.gov/pages/brochures/notices.shtml

skiingff
10-06-2007, 11:18 PM
How do I start a nonconnected PAC?

Nonconnected PACs must register by filing FEC Form 1 [PDF], Statement of Organization within 10 days after raising or spending in excess of $1,000 in connection with federal elections. Such PACs should download the Campaign Guide for Nonconnected Committees [PDF] for more information on the laws that apply to them.
http://www.fec.gov/ans/answers_pac.shtml

What disclaimers must appear in political ads and mailings?

Political committees must include a clear and conspicuous disclaimer on all "public communications" (e.g., TV and radio ads, newspaper, magazine or outdoor advertising, and mass mailings or telephone banks to the general public). Public communications financed by individuals or other organizations must include a disclaimer if the communication expressly advocates a candidate's election or defeat or solicits funds. The disclaimers must indicate who paid for the communication and whether or not it was authorized by a candidate. Unauthorized ads must also include contact information for the sponsoring organization. For additional information, see our brochure, Special Notices on Political Ads and Solicitations.

max
10-06-2007, 11:30 PM
we were going to run this through Lord Xar's pac..and with the disclaimer language...

also...the final ad will feature a big photo of RP at the bottom with bullet points on his issues...

the finished product will look awesome...

max
10-06-2007, 11:31 PM
I like it alot.

But just one thing: I think you should change the "plans a military draft" to "plans more conflict and war"

There's not really any proof of a "plan" to install a draft. But there is plenty of war postuering (Iran)

final will say..."considering a military draft"

skiingff
10-06-2007, 11:33 PM
we were going to run this through Lord Xar's pac..and with the disclaimer language...

also...the final ad will feature a big photo of RP at the bottom with bullet points on his issues...

the finished product will look awesome...

Ok chipped in.

DahuiHeeNalu
10-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Use something MORE RON PAUL'ish at a glance i only see his name on here how about some pictures and sum support!

max
10-06-2007, 11:42 PM
Use something MORE RON PAUL'ish at a glance i only see his name on here how about some pictures and sum support!

the final ad will have much more room...(full page!)...

so RP's mug will be big....there will also be an appeal in big letters to donate...and it will also pimp aravoths excellent video...

ron paul stop dreaming