PDA

View Full Version : Is the positive response for RP happening only on the web?

lifeasariver
06-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Most of the "mainstream media" (that is paid and owned by the all kinds of crooks that wouldn't want to see any real changes in America) say that the Ron Paul phenomenon is happening only on the web and go further to say that all the polls and blogs that show Ron Paul as being the winner in all the debates are actually skewed by spammers. As you know, CNN even took down the "who won" blog.

I have to admit that I was actually afraid that it did happen only on the web, amongst bloggers and newsgroups communities, especially after the "traditional" polls showed Ron Paul at between 1% and 2%.

But let's think about it for a minute.

The household broadband penetration in the US is over 60%. Broadband only, not taking into account the relatively large number of dial-up users.

60% means 180,000,000 users. Let's say that only 60% of these users are involved in political blogs, newsgroups and forums. That's 108,000,000. The response Ron Paul gets amongst these users is 90% positive, at least. But to be more conservative, let's say 80%. That's 86,400,000.

The number seems large, maybe the assumption that 108,000,000 read and post on political blogs, forums and polls is wrong and most likely it is.

But that's not the point. My point is that the number of people actively involved in these discussions on the web is large enough to the point that is statistically representative for the entire voting US population.

This means that a reversal from over 90% positive response in this population sample to 2% in the offline polls is mathematically impossible, in other words, the reversal has a probability very close to 0 (zero).

If this is true, who can orchestrate such a a manipulation of the polls' results, and for what purpose?

Bob Cochran
06-06-2007, 01:14 PM
No one is orchestrating anything.

There is a groundswell of grass roots support for Ron Paul, and it's showing up on the Internet first because of the speed with which information travels via this medium. It's only a matter of time -- a SHORT amount of time -- before Ron Paul's supporters are massing face-to-face and busting some gates down.

You watch!

Thor
06-06-2007, 01:19 PM
And you must know that most Ron Paul supporters are more internet savvy. The LP is full of techno geeks.

The people that they poll 95% of the time have not even seen 1 debate yet.

It is coming, but we need to move from the digital world to the brick and mortar world and fast.

Capturing the young voters is a huge key that can help.

Bob Cochran
06-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Why would the other candidates' supporters NOT be Internet savvy?

Answer me that...

TheDuke
06-06-2007, 01:23 PM
And you must know that most Ron Paul supporters are more internet savvy. The LP is full of techno geeks.

I had a hard time even finding this forum every time over and over again :cool: now, because of Ron Paul, I discovered "Favorites" within Internet Explorer... so Ron Paul makes me internet savvy :eek:

IRO-bot
06-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I had a hard time even finding this forum every time over and over again :cool: now, because of Ron Paul, I discovered "Favorites" within Internet Explorer... so Ron Paul makes me internet savvy :eek:

I must apologize. I chuckled when I read this.
It is completely logical to assume supporters of other candidates can use the internet well.

Thor
06-06-2007, 01:27 PM
I don't remember where I saw the statistics, but early adopters of the internet were far more likely to be Libertarian leaning than the general public. (and that was a few years back)

Now that does not include the younger crowd, as they are all internet savvy these days. But my parents, and my wife's parents are not super internet savvy. They are still on AOL.

I think there is a huge amount of younger people that are on the internet that are pro Paul, that are not even being considered by the telephone pollsters because they are younger, and not established, etc.

I just hope most of them are old enough to vote... :-)

silverhandorder
06-06-2007, 01:29 PM
Other condidates dont have pasionate support.

Bob Cochran
06-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I'm Internet-savvy, but NOT young, and I'm definitely gonna vote.

Gee
06-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Why would the other candidates' supporters NOT be Internet savvy?

Answer me that...
Libertarians are over-represented in internet users and young people. And I think its pretty clear, from the support we've seen outside debates and things, that the other candidates don't have very many supporters. Lots of name recognition and that sort of thing.

I don't think its accurate to say 60% of broadband users read political blogs and things. Most of the students I know (who all have broadband) don't pay any attention to politics. Check that... NONE of the students I know pay any attention.

Delivered4000
06-06-2007, 01:38 PM
The problem is that the majority of America still gets its 'news' from the mainstream media. That, I believe, is the biggest problem we are facing. People believe the television. The genius of the Mainstream American propaganda machine is in its subtle approach, and people don't know that it is propaganda!