PDA

View Full Version : Glen Bradley Filing makes Front Page!

GunnyFreedom
02-10-2010, 03:52 PM
below the fold, in the Franklin Times: (http://www.thefranklintimes.com/)

http://glenbradley.net/nchouse2010/media/FranklinTimes/FranklinTimesFilingSmall.jpg

And visible on the website. (http://www.thefranklintimes.com/)

Bruno
02-10-2010, 04:13 PM
Nice pic, Glen! :)

Glad to make this my 7,500th post - Go Gunny!

Acala
02-10-2010, 04:16 PM
That's great! Are you soliciting contributions?

dannno
02-10-2010, 04:19 PM

Valetines Day

GunnyFreedom
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Sorry guys, have lots to say, but heading out door for a party at BJ's

disorderlyvision
02-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Way to go Gunny

rancher89
02-10-2010, 05:01 PM
Sorry guys, have lots to say, but heading out door for a party at BJ's

I'm officially jealous:D

Imperial
02-10-2010, 07:03 PM
I am confused. I thought you were switching your bid to state senate?

Epic
02-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah what happened to state senate?

MozoVote
02-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Go read the other thread - he had almost convinced himself to run for Senate, before a well financed candidate appeared who was interested in filing for it.

I still think the house seat is the better choice. Running for house can be done largely by mail and shaking hands. Senate starts becoming more of an airwave battle - at least from what I have seen in Mecklenburg.

lx43
02-10-2010, 08:55 PM
He must have changed his mind about running for state senate seat.

GunnyFreedom
02-10-2010, 10:50 PM
For the record, Lucy Allen has $50,000 on hand as of the end of December...

TCE
02-10-2010, 10:52 PM
I suggest emailing The Franklin Times and thanking them for their coverage of Gunny, I shot them one: news@thefranklintimes.com

My email mentioned Glen specifically. Perhaps if they know there will be a nice online readership every time they feature him, there will be more of him in future papers.

$50,000 is nothing. If you use your money better, than your $20,000 will transcend her $50,000. Any support coming from the State/County GOP?

TCE
02-10-2010, 10:53 PM

He was going to, then a very wealthy Republican joined the race. So, he was going to throw in a bunch of his own money, which Gunny wouldn't be able to match.

GunnyFreedom
02-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Nice pic, Glen! :)

Glad to make this my 7,500th post - Go Gunny!

UUHRAH! Thanks! they grabbed the pic from the FC GOP Website from when I won the election to 1st Vice Chairman. RP's advice on getting involved at the local level as much as possible was....pure...gold. :D

Indeed I am, and thanks! The grassroots (thanks to our intrepid phill4paul has set up a grassroots-generated Valentines Day Moneybomb, the signup page is linked in my signature, and the actual donation page is the big red button on the top right of my webpage. It's secure, the not-for-profit PayPal takes significantly less in fees, and there is also a mailing address.

Valetines Day

Thanks dannno!

Way to go Gunny

HUZZAH!!!

I'm officially jealous:D

Oh don't be -- if you didn't live a kajillion miles away, you'd be there too! :p

I am confused. I thought you were switching your bid to state senate?

Yeah what happened to state senate?

The House and Senate leadership asked me to switch to State Senate because thy needed a strong slate candidate in that district to pick up GOP turnout, and they wanted a real challenger for Senator Doug Berger in that area. I still think I would have had a better chance in a General against Berger, but this guy comes in and loans his own campaign something like $20,000, which against my $2,000 means I have no chance in hell.

So even though I am the guy that the State and Senate leadership wanted to run for that seat, I recognized that in the money battle I would be FINISHED, and could not in good conscience just waste my donor money on a hopeless cause in the primary.

So I went beck to the House, and the most troubling development would be if this mystery guy decides not to run, and a very weak Senator goes unchallenged.

Go read the other thread - he had almost convinced himself to run for Senate, before a well financed candidate appeared who was interested in filing for it.

I still think the house seat is the better choice. Running for house can be done largely by mail and shaking hands. Senate starts becoming more of an airwave battle - at least from what I have seen in Mecklenburg.

Indeed, a Senate campaign would cost a lot more, and I am already in trouble money-wise in the House run. Lucy Allen had $50,000 in donations as of December, and I have $2,432 as of today.

So to say the least, this is an uphill battle.

Matt Collins
02-11-2010, 01:01 AM
Congrats. If you have not already, get involved with the local Glenn Beck Meetup / 912 Project in your area. They will probably be your best allies.

Vessol
02-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Woo! Go Glen!