PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Seekers

Elwar
02-10-2010, 02:11 PM
I once heard that the super rich live without borders and have no real tie to a single nation, but that they can move their assets and income around in such a way that they benefit the most from the various laws around the world...

In thinking about this, I was wondering if there might be a way for a group of freedom seekers to get together and establish various locations around the world by which they can migrate toward freedom and away from tyranny as things change. A nationless group that enjoys the best that the world has to offer, avoiding the worst.

Perhaps purchase property in various locations throughout the world reserved for members of the group, all trading with a gold backed currency with easy exchange at each location for the local currencies.

I don't know...just some initial thoughts bouncing around in my head...does this sound like an interesting idea or insanity?

constituent
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I once heard that the super rich live without borders and have no real tie to a single nation, but that they can move their assets and income around in such a way that they benefit the most from the various laws around the world...

In thinking about this, I was wondering if there might be a way for a group of freedom seekers to get together and establish various locations around the world by which they can migrate toward freedom and away from tyranny as things change. A nationless group that enjoys the best that the world has to offer, avoiding the worst.

Perhaps purchase property in various locations throughout the world reserved for members of the group, all trading with a gold backed currency with easy exchange at each location for the local currencies.

I don't know...just some initial thoughts bouncing around in my head...does this sound like an interesting idea or insanity?

I've been playing with the concept of loose "nations" that sort of transcend or overlap geographies for a little while... In fact, it's sorta central to a piece of fiction i've been working on for sometime. So yea, it's a great idea! I'm sure if you look around there are already examples of it in science fiction...