PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin took one for the team

Dianne
02-10-2010, 12:30 PM
Do you guys agree that Palin committed political suicide last weekend, just to take us down; and she will never be considered a serious contender for a congressional seat?

The news media is having a field day with her. I even think she will hurt McCain by campaigning for him, which is a good thing.

payme_rick
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
Do you guys agree that Palin committed political suicide last weekend, just to take us down

No...

DjLoTi
02-10-2010, 12:49 PM
I keep hoping so, but no matter how many mistakes she seems to make, chances are I'll be seeing some video of her making mistakes next week, and the week after, and the Daily Show will rip her a new one, but FOX news is going to prop her up. She'll keep speaking at these rallies or w/e, and before you know it everybody knows about Sarah Palin. Mostly in a bad way, but still. She'll probably have momemtum all the way until the first debate, where she will be an instant front-runner (despite her low polling numbers) and will be given much more time to answer questions and more questions then someone the media doesn't like, like Ron.

Ron has to come out #1 immediately, and focus on the first few states only. If he can poll high in the first few states, it'll demand respect, and will show Sarah for the true dumb blond she is

rp08orbust
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Ron has to come out #1 immediately, and focus on the first few states only. If he can poll high in the first few states, it'll demand respect, and will show Sarah for the true dumb blond she is

It will be interesting to see how Ron does in the CPAC straw poll next week, but he MUST win the CPAC straw poll in 2011. If he can't win that, then he can't win the Ames straw poll, and he can't win anything else.

jmdrake
02-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Do you guys agree that Palin committed political suicide last weekend, just to take us down; and she will never be considered a serious contender for a congressional seat?

The news media is having a field day with her. I even think she will hurt McCain by campaigning for him, which is a good thing.

What exactly are you talking about? Her endorsing Rand Paul? (That helps her by effectively muting some of her sharpest critics). Her speaking at the Tea Party rally? (When Blackburn and Bachman dropped out Palin had the spotlight pretty much to herself. She only had to share it with Tancredo who made a buffoon of himself with his "literacy test" comments*.) Getting caught writing notes on her hand? (Anyone who doesn't question her intelligence at this point won't be put off by this relatively minor gaff).

Whether what she's doing will eventually "take us down" remains to be seen. But I don't think she's hurt herself at all by any of her recent moves. Yeah some of her supporters are mad that she endorsed Rand, but they'll get over it. Contender for a congressional seat? She's contending for the Whitehouse.

Regards,

John M. Drake

* And no it's not simply due to the racial overtones. To suggest it was somehow "smart" to vote for McCain dramatically lowers Tancredo's credibility.)

sofia
02-10-2010, 01:08 PM

i agree.....

he needs to come out first and go hard in Iowa n New Hamp

JohnEngland
02-10-2010, 01:19 PM
i agree.....

he needs to come out first and go hard in Iowa n New Hamp

What about Gary Johnson? As much as I love Ron Paul, I think a simple fact is that many people will call him too old. That's just the way people think.

Having said that, if he does run he would attract many more to the liberty movement, so that would be a big plus.

However, surely Gary Johnson makes sense for president? He's very similar to Ron, has a great record as governor of New Mexico and is much younger (for all the ageists out there). He's also climbed Mount Everest, which will attract those who base their vote simply on personal stories :p

DjLoTi
02-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Gary Johnson seems cool and all, but he lacks the name recognition as Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, or Ron Paul. I do not think Ron Paul is 'too old'. Just as I do not think I am 'too young' to make a valuable contribution to the political discussion.

Soooo many people know about Ron Paul now. I don't think 'it's over' until he makes less then 3rd in the Iowa Straw poll. Even w/3rd place, we'd still have a long ways to go. But we can't give up. It's Ron Paul or bust, IMO. Yeah, Gary and Rand and some other guys are great, but neither have the name recognition or the experience as Ron Paul

jmdrake
02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Gary Johnson seems cool and all, but he lacks the name recognition as Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, or Ron Paul. I do not think Ron Paul is 'too old'. Just as I do not think I am 'too young' to make a valuable contribution to the political discussion.

Soooo many people know about Ron Paul now. I don't think 'it's over' until he makes less then 3rd in the Iowa Straw poll. Even w/3rd place, we'd still have a long ways to go. But we can't give up. It's Ron Paul or bust, IMO. Yeah, Gary and Rand and some other guys are great, but neither have the name recognition or the experience as Ron Paul

That and Gary Johnson is pro choice. Oh sure he supports leaving abortion to the states, but personally he's pro choice. There is a small but vocal minority in the pro life movement that has decided overturning Roe v. Wade isn't good enough and their position should be rammed down everyone else via the federal government. They've already started attack Ron and Rand. The Paul's can weather these attacks based on their strong pro life backgrounds and endorsements from (genuine) pro life groups. I'm not sure GJ could. He would definitely lose the CPAC poll big time and I doubt he could win the nomination. But stranger things have happened.

sevin
02-10-2010, 03:48 PM
Do you guys agree that Palin committed political suicide last weekend, just to take us down.

I don't know if that was the plan or not--wouldn't surprise me--but she definitely makes the tea party movement look stupid.

anaconda
02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
That would be far too sophisticated. I think she is simply trying to make in roads to tea party voters that she can ultimately redirect back to lock step GOP voting (on behalf of the neocon GOP). The endorsement of Rand was an attempt to make her spin look legitimate. I dunno, just a thought.

The NWO may actually like to have Rand become a senator so that they can try to publicly discredit him in some way on a national scale. To suppress the liberty movement right out in the open and make the masses believe that the libertarian positions are not appealing. Or photo shop him with hookers or something. Rand will have to be very careful if he becomes a senator and will have a great responsibility in this regard.

Dianne
02-10-2010, 03:54 PM
What exactly are you talking about? Her endorsing Rand Paul? (That helps her by effectively muting some of her sharpest critics). Her speaking at the Tea Party rally? (When Blackburn and Bachman dropped out Palin had the spotlight pretty much to herself. She only had to share it with Tancredo who made a buffoon of himself with his "literacy test" comments*.) Getting caught writing notes on her hand? (Anyone who doesn't question her intelligence at this point won't be put off by this relatively minor gaff).

Whether what she's doing will eventually "take us down" remains to be seen. But I don't think she's hurt herself at all by any of her recent moves. Yeah some of her supporters are mad that she endorsed Rand, but they'll get over it. Contender for a congressional seat? She's contending for the Whitehouse.

Regards,

John M. Drake

* And no it's not simply due to the racial overtones. To suggest it was somehow "smart" to vote for McCain dramatically lowers Tancredo's credibility.)

I was talking about the GOP/FOX placing her front and center at the counterfeit tea party last week, and letting her take all the heat for the hate mongering speeches that were made.

Dianne
02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
What about Gary Johnson? As much as I love Ron Paul, I think a simple fact is that many people will call him too old. That's just the way people think.

Having said that, if he does run he would attract many more to the liberty movement, so that would be a big plus.

However, surely Gary Johnson makes sense for president? He's very similar to Ron, has a great record as governor of New Mexico and is much younger (for all the ageists out there). He's also climbed Mount Everest, which will attract those who base their vote simply on personal stories :p

From what I am reading, Ron Paul is the first person on the neocon "tea party" hit list. We may have a good bit of work to do in Texas.

AlexMerced
02-10-2010, 03:59 PM
I agree Ron Paul has enough recognition and good will built on both sides of the aisle to make much stronger run this time around. Gary Johnson would be great if Ron doesn't run, but It'd be a scrimmage run to build name recognition similar to Paul in 2008.

As much as I dislike Romney, he's the only establishment republican I could see amking a real run for the primaries, although palin would be amusing in the debates.

Most of the big names in both parties have suffered scandals or retired, so it's time for both parties to start building new names.

The dems have done with Obama, Anthony Wiener, and Alan Grayson

If play our cards right we'll plant some very strong seeds in Rand Paul and Peter Schiff

jmdrake
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
I was talking about the GOP/FOX placing her front and center at the counterfeit tea party last week, and letting her take all the heat for the hate mongering speeches that were made.

Well maybe I'm missing something because I don't watch Fox 24/7, but the only "heat" I've seen generated is from Tancredo's garbage (unfortunately some people here agree with him) and I haven't seen that laid at Palin's doorstep. In general Palin looks stronger after the speech. She took some heat from her own base for endorsing Rand, but the payoff is that she's gained in (or at least muzzled some opposition from) the Ron Paul movement. I simply don't see how anything that has happened recently has hurt her in the least.

Aratus
02-11-2010, 10:20 AM
is sarah palin trying to come across like a semi-literate 1800s populist either prior to or
after to the civil war? (a grocery list on the hand is & isn't a g.o.p shopping list in hand ?)
the attempt by a d.c w.h person to put a spin is truely d.c! media blitzing is media blitzing!

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-11-2010, 10:25 AM
wtf Palin is a nobody, it's not our problem if a bunch of idiots think she represents us... or maybe it is.