PDA

View Full Version : Coffee-Day-Party to Wake-Up the Tea Party Folks

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 09:21 AM
There's a new group on FB set up by the freedoms phoenix folks (inventors of the love-revolution logo) to organize activism to wake up folks at the tea parties to the REAL message of liberty and attempt to neutralize the co-opting of the liberty movement by machine politicians.

Check it out: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=295283747092&ref=mf

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-10-2010, 09:30 AM
Wtf, people stole my idea that fast? :mad:

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 09:34 AM
i dunno man, if you're gonna have ur idea jacked, ain't it great if its jacked by the best. 4409 kicked it off out there. They invented the logo, and the bandit signage stuff... Who better bro?

catdd
02-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Wtf, people stole my idea that fast? :mad:

Coffee Party sounds good for now.
But the goal is to drive the neocon agenda out of the Tea Party by infiltrating and converting the teocons.

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 09:46 AM
don't drive them out, convert them! preach the msg. that would be the point of the coffee day. to preach the message to the teaocons...

zach
02-10-2010, 09:51 AM
The new two party system: the Teabags, and the Coffeepots.

THIRD PARTY RISING UP: The Decafs!!!!

But in all seriousness, do we really need more factions?

catdd
02-10-2010, 09:55 AM
don't drive them out, convert them! preach the msg. that would be the point of the coffee day. to preach the message to the teaocons...

This is getting a little confusing.

Danke
02-10-2010, 09:57 AM
THIRD PARTY RISING UP: The Decafs!!!!

That's a sleeper group.

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 09:57 AM
its not about factions... coffee party is just the code word for the op. I dunno what the strategy is exactly but i'm just kicking ideas out here. maybe we brand ourselfs as 'coffeepots' and go to all these rallies with the intention of waking up the TeaOCons. Maybe we have our own national day (not convention) but coffee day rally's to put us back on message. Reach out to the independents, the anti-war left etc..

ooh just got a chill, i can see the coffee day thing getting co-opted by progressives in 3 months....

nayjevin
02-10-2010, 10:14 AM
meet at your local coffeeshop! 24/7

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 10:27 AM
Seen on the new facebook group from someone I invited:

Teaocons take over was subtle. I remember the parties started with its the citizens vs. the Government. Then it was citizens vs. big spenders. Then it became conservatives vs. big spenders, then it morphed into conservatives vs. incumbents, and now its conservatives vs. democratic incumbents. My question now is, "isn't that where we started and isn't that what launched the tea parties to begin with?"

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 10:35 AM
he lost me at isn't that where we started...

the liberty movement is not tied to one organization, one leader, one tactic... This is just proof positive of that point. We true believers clearly have to mix it up. Maybe coffee party is one way. hopefully other will come up with other ways.

Be careful who you support with your hard earned money and energy... above all else preach the msg and wake people up, light a fire in the minds of men! call out the fraudsters when you see them. and widthdraw support from candidates and organizations that sell out or are co-opted!

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM
he lost me at isn't that where we started...

the liberty movement is not tied to one organization, one leader, one tactic... This is just proof positive of that point. We true believers clearly have to mix it up. Maybe coffee party is one way. hopefully other will come up with other ways.

Be careful who you support with your hard earned money and energy... above all else preach the msg and wake people up, light a fire in the minds of men! call out the fraudsters when you see them. and widthdraw support from candidates and organizations that sell out or are co-opted!I understand it as before the tea parties the general consensus among people on the right (be it gop, libertarian, etc...) was that we needed to oust the Democratic incumbents. The tea parties were introducing a new conversation which has morphed until the people who are active in the tea parties are saying the same thing they were before, only now just a little more empowered.

Aside from that I agree 100% with everything else you said.

torchbearer
02-10-2010, 11:04 AM
That's a sleeper group.

good one.

Dianne
02-10-2010, 11:10 AM
The name will just be hijacked again. That's why I was thinking we need to think of a movement name that is so repugnant to FOX and the GOP; they could never bring themselves to hijack it like:

Anti War Tea Party

End the Fed party

Ron Paul revolution

zach
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
That's a sleeper group.

:D Some of us get a bit addicted to the caffeine.

Not that it's a bad thing of course. :eek:

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 12:19 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=230619&page=5

bigger discussion about the same over there....