PDA

View Full Version : I hereby declare a war against the TeoCons

StateofTrance
02-10-2010, 03:40 AM
Your time is coming, you dimwit neo-con Tea baggers. We need to start our own campaign and claim back our original Tea Party. Someone needs to take charge of this.

Kotin
02-10-2010, 03:42 AM
god damn right!!!!

Fr3shjive
02-10-2010, 03:46 AM
Yup, we need to start our own tea parties and make sure we state our values clearly so that there isnt any confusion about what we believe or why we're there.

No American Empire.
Cut spending.
No more deficits.
Pro personal liberty, including drugs.
Pro constitution.

Screw neo-cons hijacking our movement and trying to call it their own.

jbuttell
02-10-2010, 04:10 AM
I'm for pushing back. The recent Tea Party with Palin from what I observed was void of the spirit and intent of the original Boston Tea Party. To admit defeat and accept that the teaparty isn't an effective symbol to rally around, is to accept that they've successfully rewritten history. This shouldn't be the end of it.

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 07:08 AM
I don't know why you guys are so much more angry about this now than you were 2 weeks ago or a month ago. Nothing has changed.

Here's a tentative calendar I got in an email from Tea Party Patriots (not affiliated with TPN):

Outline of What is to Come in 2010

Final Voting on Contract from America Begins: February 18, 2010
Recharge the Movement Protests: February 27, 2010
Nationwide Screenings of Tea Party Movie: February 27, 2010
Tea Party Local Coordinator Training - How to Start a Tea Party
Tax Day Tea Parties: April 15, 2010
Rollout of Final Contract from America: April 15, 2010
Constitutional Educational Training, Founding Principles Bus Tour
Activist Educational Training
Independence Day Events: July 2 - July 4, 2010
* AUGUST HEAT - Congressional Town Hall Meetings
912 March on DC: September 12, 2010
Get Out the Vote and Voter Education: October - November, 2010
ELECTION DAY, Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Year-Round grassroots lobbying when legislation arises

nayjevin
02-10-2010, 07:18 AM
My goal is to bring the people together, against the behemoth.

'The left' now sees Tea Party = Rush Limbaugh/Newt Gingrich/Sarah Palin. In other words, the neocon divide and conquer technique has worked.

I see this as something that cannot be 'taken back' any more than anti-war liberals can be convinced to support sarah palin.

As the underdogs, it seems to me there are better battles than to try to redirect the tea parties. Now, they are prime opportunities to educate, for sure - and I'm glad they are happening, with anti-tax in mind.

But:

anti-war/imperialism
End the Fed!

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 07:24 AM
My goal is to bring the people together, against the behemoth.

'The left' now sees Tea Party = Rush Limbaugh/Newt Gingrich/Sarah Palin. In other words, the neocon divide and conquer technique has worked.

I see this as something that cannot be 'taken back' any more than anti-war liberals can be convinced to support sarah palin.

As the underdogs, it seems to me there are better battles than to try to redirect the tea parties. Now, they are prime opportunities to educate, for sure - and I'm glad they are happening, with anti-tax in mind.

But:

anti-war/imperialism
End the Fed!
Totally. We can use these tea parties to our advantage by actually going to them and distributing literature, dvd's, etc. and talking with people. The leadership may be TEAOCON but that doesn't mean everyone who goes to these things is.

Petar
02-10-2010, 07:29 AM
It's up to us to attend these things and distribute our own material, but it would be even better if we could take over their leadership as well.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-10-2010, 07:29 AM
Watch out for the Coffee party, you teabaggers.

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 07:36 AM

Hahahaha!

nayjevin
02-10-2010, 07:54 AM

Holy crap. Don't stop at a joke. That is a GREAT idea. Coffee shops are HUGE

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Holy crap. Don't stop at a joke. That is a GREAT idea. Coffee shops are HUGE
Who said it was a joke? Who was silently plotting against the British while a bunch of colonists were throwing tea overboard? That's right, the coffee drinkers.

zach
02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Do we need more war?

Annihilia
02-10-2010, 08:03 AM
I support the Coffee Party

catdd
02-10-2010, 08:09 AM
We need to make up some pamphlets and flyers explaining the history and agenda of the Neocons. That's the source of the problem.

The neocon agenda:
YouTube - The Neocon Agenda (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4MdyJDnSoI)

Dianne
02-10-2010, 08:20 AM
I agree... we should not take this. We MUST save the tea party movement or we will be at fault for letting candidates like John McCain win re-election via a tea party endorsement.

We need our own convention with great speakers like Ron Paul, Rand, Kosh, Medina, the Judge. We need to rock the house with 20,000 in attendance and quickly show the country who the real tea party belongs too.

We've got time to plan this, and I would recommend 4/15.

RATM99
02-10-2010, 08:56 AM
Yup, we need to start our own tea parties and make sure we state our values clearly so that there isnt any confusion about what we believe or why we're there.

No American Empire.
Cut spending.
No more deficits.
Pro personal liberty, including drugs.
Pro constitution.

Screw neo-cons hijacking our movement and trying to call it their own.

That's exactly what we need. A PLATFORM!!!! I think that's why the Tea Party got hijacked in the first place. It didn't have a platform or leader. Which is why it was so easy to hijack and become the TEA-O-CONS. We also need to come out more against the wars too. It's the one major issue that separates us from the rest. The Dems, GOP and the TEA-O-CONS are all war mongers. We will be the only one's to offer the american people a clear difference of opinion. Not only do we need to get our movement going again. But we also need to get the anti-war movement going again as well.

CaseyJones
02-10-2010, 08:59 AM
I <3 Coffee :D
Wake Up And Smell The Coffee! :p

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 09:08 AM
I <3 Coffee :D
Wake Up And Smell The Coffee! :p

Brilliant.

Bruehound
02-10-2010, 09:09 AM
Reluctantly, I also think we need to change the name because it has been defiled.

"Liberty Rallies?"