PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think? [SECOND NATIONAL TEA PARTY]

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 10:12 PM
In case you guys haven't seen the topic in 2010 planning..

http://i49.tinypic.com/eg1ndj.jpg

This is just a rough draft of what it could be.. Please share your thoughts.
I really feel like this needs to be done because we need to give a response to the false-tea-party that occurred last week. We need to show the media what this movement is all about..
A revolution of IDEAS and returning to the CONSTITUTION.

We need to do this because if we don't the movement will become too diluted. Like a poster in the other forum topic said, we need to show the media that there is another side to the TEA PARTIES.

That's one reason why having Democrats like Kucinich/Gravel/Grayson there would help. They wont ever again be able to classify us how they've been doing in the media if we do this the right way.

BTW, the speakers list came from suggestions in the 2010 Planning topic.. Feel free to make suggestions and thoroughly discuss this.. Then once we have everything figured out, well... I don't know where it goes from there, I'm only a poor teenager who REALLY wants this to happen.. :D
But I'm sure you guys here know how to pull this off, considering we already had the Rally for the Republic, which was a great response to the Republican National Convention.. That's why this would be a perfect comeback to last weeks fake tea party.. Plus it would give media attention to people who need it like Kokesh, Lawson, Towne, etc.

sevin
02-09-2010, 10:33 PM
How about, The REAL Tea Party, so people don't associate it with the first one as much.

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 10:34 PM
How about, The REAL Tea Party, so people don't associate it with the first one as much.

This is from the guy who suggested the name:

Perhaps it should be called the "Second National Tea Party Convention". Several reasons:

1) It'll automatically get more media attention, as the "sequel" to the first.
2) It'll show the new Tea Partiers what a real liberty convention is about and educate them about Austrian economics etc.
3) It'll show that there's a strong rival to what seems to be the clueless part of the Tea Party movement.
4) Again, the main reason for the title would be the media attention. Things like this are very important and I think the media would be interested to report of a "rival" group of Tea Partiers. As Palin said, open, competitive primaries are great - so let's do it with the TP movement!

muzzled dogg
02-09-2010, 10:35 PM
how about, the real tea party, so people don't associate it with the first one as much.

+1984

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 10:38 PM
We should probably put what to call it to a vote as well as who the speakers will be.. But only when we figure out if this thing is even possible. And I have no idea how to do that? Who do we go to with this idea..

I just like SECOND National Tea Party because it has a good ring to it.. People associating it with the first will be inevitable.. That's why the CONTENT of ours differs. We are very different and people + the media will realize that once the first speaker talks.. Like I said in another post, if we do this right, the media will never again be able to classify the "tea partiers" in the way they've been doing. It will be known that there is a battle between us and the other.. Plus our ideas will get more attention.

It will also stop these false reports about the "Tea Party" "not liking" Ron Paul...

steve005
02-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by sevin
how about, the real tea party, so people don't associate it with the first one as much.

i like this

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 10:47 PM
i like this

I still don't think it's possible to stop people from associating us with them.. Either way, both titles have Tea Party in them.. People who aren't already part of our movement wont know the difference whether we call the event the REAL National Tea Party or the SECOND National Tea Party..

If we call it the SECOND then it will be known that what we're doing is a response to the other one.

Plus people will see how different we are when the first speaker begins talking.. It will be obvious and then the media will not in any way be able to report the event other than a rival to the previous one. They wont be able to report on "Tea Partiers" the same again.

Also, the Rally for the Republic was in a way the First National Tea Party, right? :D

bunklocoempire
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
.... They wont ever again be able to classify us how they've been doing in the media if we do this the right way...

This is key. TOTAL grassroots-a-bility confirmed.

The unclassified shall be heard from! There is no faster way to turn things around.

All we ever get is divisions from the top. The ability to label classify and thus divide is key for TPTB to control. Most all news is sold with fear, outrage, and division, most all party control is sold with division -when there is "bi-partisanship" pushed from the top it is poison.

Make concessions at the bottom, or, get crushed from the perceived "concessions" from the top. Raise the voices from the bottom, or, continue getting drowned out from the top.

I believe "tea-baggers" speaking anti-war would produce the loudest noise, getting attention from the left media (hopefully) and spreading to the left base. (think Maddow)

2006 elections tell me this. Obama the "anti-war" president being elected tells me this.

Bunkloco

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 11:11 PM
This is key. TOTAL grassroots-a-bility confirmed.

The unclassified shall be heard from! There is no faster way to turn things around.

All we ever get is divisions from the top. The ability to label classify and thus divide is key for TPTB to control. Most all news is sold with fear, outrage, and division, most all party control is sold with division -when there is "bi-partisanship" pushed from the top it is poison.

Make concessions at the bottom, or, get crushed from the perceived "concessions" from the top. Raise the voices from the bottom, or, continue getting drowned out from the top.

I believe "tea-baggers" speaking anti-war would produce the loudest noise, getting attention from the left media (hopefully) and spreading to the left base. (think Maddow)

2006 elections tell me this. Obama the "anti-war" president being elected tells me this.

Bunkloco

How can we get this off the ground though? I think Spring Break would be a good week to do this.. Is it possible to pull it off by then?

Matt Collins
02-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Rand will not be able to participate more than likely.

RileyE104
02-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Rand will not be able to participate more than likely.

The speakers I listed on the pic is just like a wish list, I doubt all of them will be able to come. But if we can get our main people there it would be nice.

Pauls' Revere
02-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Start a third party with Ron Paul/Goldwater conservatism with Libertarian ideals.

call it...

The Liberty Party

We already have The Campaign for Liberty which we couple up with quite nicely.

Dianne
02-10-2010, 08:30 AM
I am all for it !!!! Let's do this.

I do agree however, do not call it the second national tea party as that lends credibility to the neocon fiasco last weekend. If you want to give it a national tea party name, then I would suggest calling it the first national tea party; which it really is.

We have to do this and we need to fill the house and make their 600 people appear laughable.

We need to get this done !!! Who knows how to contact these speakers?

How about Medina on the list?

Dianne
02-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Also, this can help candidates like Schiff get more national publicity for their campaigns.

paulitics
02-10-2010, 08:49 AM
I like the idea, but not too excited with the name. There are already so many tea parties, (tea party express, national tea party, etc) that most will be confused or lump us with them.

How about "The Small Government Tea Party". I think we need to distinguish ourselves from the big government tea parties. The big government tea parties are for Sean Hannity, and Mark Levin, who only talk a good game.

If you are for the wars, homeland security, patriot act, then you are for big government. We need to drill this point home. I can see the "End the Wars" blimp being used for these events. Do you know how much of the youth will love this message?

Annihilia
02-10-2010, 08:53 AM
I like the idea of calling it a sequel. Very good strategic move.

JohnEngland
02-10-2010, 09:04 AM

I do agree however, do not call it the second national tea party as that lends credibility to the neocon fiasco last weekend. If you want to give it a national tea party name, then I would suggest calling it the first national tea party; which it really is.

We have to do this and we need to fill the house and make their 600 people appear laughable.

Hmm, I disagree with you about the name.

It's important to call it the "Second National Tea Party Convention" because this will INEVITABLY attract more media attention - and that's what we want. We have to show that we're going to reclaim our position as the founders of the modern Tea Party movement - and that requires confronting the neocons with our own rival convention - the sequel!

We want to show to the world that the Tea Partiers aren't just the neocons who want war.

We want to show to the world that the Tea Partiers are highly educated on sensible economics - Austrian economics.

We want to show to the world that the Tea Partiers can account for all the financial mess and that we have real solutions - not just good-sounding talking points.

We want to show to the world that the peace-loving left and the economic-freedom-loving right can come together.

The Tea Party movement was never about social issues and it should stay that way. However, by letting people like Sarah Palin (though I have to admit I like the woman) include military adventurism, as she did in her speech, it excludes all the anti-war people who might otherwise be quite interested in the Tea Party movement.

We have to be media-savvy here. Calling it the Second National Tea Party Convention will work well. The media will create a sense of rivalry and build it up, meaning our message will get out to the public better.

One final thought - let's make the cost really cheap, compared to the First Convention. The media will make a big deal out of how ours is cheaper and we can play it as representing the true spirit of the Tea Party movement.

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 09:25 AM
Change the 2nd national tea party to: Coffee Day Wake Up party or something like that... The take back operation should be like RP taught us to do, lets do out own thing (eg coffee party) and invite all the TeoCons to be awakened at our event.

Check out what the guys at freedoms phoenix are doing. They already are building a FB group to promote the OP....

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=295283747092&ref=mf

http://i49.tinypic.com/eg1ndj.jpg

This is just a rough draft of what it could be.. Please share your thoughts.
I really feel like this needs to be done because we need to give a response to the false-tea-party that occurred last week. We need to show the media what this movement is all about..
A revolution of IDEAS and returning to the CONSTITUTION.

We need to do this because if we don't the movement will become too diluted. Like a poster in the other forum topic said, we need to show the media that there is another side to the TEA PARTIES.

That's one reason why having Democrats like Kucinich/Gravel/Grayson there would help. They wont ever again be able to classify us how they've been doing in the media if we do this the right way.

BTW, the speakers list came from suggestions in the 2010 Planning topic.. Feel free to make suggestions and thoroughly discuss this.. Then once we have everything figured out, well... I don't know where it goes from there, I'm only a poor teenager who REALLY wants this to happen.. :D
But I'm sure you guys here know how to pull this off, considering we already had the Rally for the Republic, which was a great response to the Republican National Convention.. That's why this would be a perfect comeback to last weeks fake tea party.. Plus it would give media attention to people who need it like Kokesh, Lawson, Towne, etc.

BillyDkid
02-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I think the Tea Party brand is gone for us. It has been co-opted. I say let them have it. We need to rebrand ourselves. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with something.

Endgame
02-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Why not just call it the Tea Party? All it takes to screw with you is semantics.

catdd
02-10-2010, 09:50 AM
It has to aggressively attack nation building or I won't be a part of t. We weren't aggressive enough before and allowed the pro war folks to take over.
We have to be crystal clear on that from the start.

RileyE104
02-10-2010, 10:13 AM

Since everyone has their own ideas about what to call it then why don't we put it to a vote? Either that or how did you guys come up with Rally For The Republic?

As for speakers, we should probably put that to a vote too..

Can anyone here get the guys over at Daily Paul to post this idea on the main page and start putting things to a vote?

And I agree about making their audience look very small compared to ours. I don't understand how theirs can be considered grassroots anyways, wasn't it like $500 a ticket to get in??

It has to aggressively attack nation building or I won't be a part of t. We weren't aggressive enough before and allowed the pro war folks to take over.
We have to be crystal clear on that from the start.

I posted last night that if it's a 3 day event then we should have the last day be about Foreign Policy and The Constitution (obviously nation building is included in that).
We need to make them our strongest points so we can combat Palin and the false tea party.

JK/SEA
02-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Boston tea party 2.0 convention

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 10:37 AM
voting? forget it. voting sucks. let the market sort it out!

Dianne
02-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I think the Tea Party brand is gone for us. It has been co-opted. I say let them have it. We need to rebrand ourselves. It shouldn't be too hard to come up with something.

You're exactly correct. Every news media outlet is blasting the tea party movement for racism and hatred. The GOP and FOX did a great hit job on us, no doubt about that.

Our next movement should contain a name that they would never be able to use, like:

Ron Paul Liberty Party

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 11:06 AM
what about 'liberty party' ... what good is preaching to the choir. if you put rps name in it, only paulites will show... Hard to make the word liberty into something sexual, racist, or murdochian...

RileyE104
02-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Someone on Daily Paul suggested we just call it.. Rally For The Republic II :)
I think we need something more catchy though.. Something that will interest the average Joe..

Liberty Party is a little too bland IMO. I'd still like to go with The Second National Tea Party for many reasons. Plus if we do things right the media wont be able to classify us as what we are not again.

LibertyMage
02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
A large part of politics is visibility and brand. The "Tea Partiers" have huge visibility and brand. It would be a huge mistake to give up on the "Tea Party" name. We need to "step out in front" and take it back.

s_e52
02-10-2010, 11:21 AM
A large part of politics is visibility and brand. The "Tea Partiers" have huge visibility and brand. It would be a huge mistake to give up on the "Tea Party" name. We need to "step out in front" and take it back.

+1

JoshLowry
02-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I like going the Coffee Party route.

Gives a chance for the liberal conservatives on the left to join us. I don't think they would be joining in any "Tea Party 2.0"

Could be the next big anti occupation push. :)

haaaylee
02-10-2010, 11:37 AM
If we call it the SECOND then it will be known that what we're doing is a response to the other one.

No it won't. People and media will assume it is being done by the same people. We HAVE to make it more obvious it is not the same group of people.

Deborah K
02-10-2010, 11:42 AM

Actually, it's a great way to co-opt the movement back to its origin.

dr. hfn
02-10-2010, 11:59 AM
We should invite all of our Liberty Candidates.
All of these candidates should have booths.
We should invite a ton of speakers.
We should invite all the 9.12/Tea Party groups nationwide.
Attendance needs to destroy the Teaocon Convention's attendance.

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 12:02 PM

There is no taking it back. Be formless... Remember the counter forum when they didn't invite ron paul. remember the counter convention. Don't be the jerky brother who tries to ruin the girl's tea party. Lets denounce the dam tea parties. Dam tea bagging TeaOcons!!!

There, now lets come up with something new. Coffee party, rally4republic II, Liberty Rally, Freedom Rally, End the Fed Rally.... etc.

Bobster
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
TPAC anyone? Could even advertise it as TeaPAC if you wanted, although it would sound like a political action committee. TeaPartyActionConference, kind of a "counter" to CPAC.

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
No it won't. People and media will assume it is being done by the same people. We HAVE to make it more obvious it is not the same group of people.

exactly...We need a new revolution. Perpetual revolution...the great struggle! Constant Struggle! Just like Chairman Mao spoke of! These TeaOcons are Counter-Revolutionaries!

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 12:07 PM
There is no taking it back. Be formless... Remember the counter forum when they didn't invite ron paul. remember the counter convention. Don't be the jerky brother who tries to ruin the girl's tea party. Lets denounce the dam tea parties. Dam tea bagging TeaOcons!!!

There, now lets come up with something new. Coffee party, rally4republic II, Liberty Rally, Freedom Rally, End the Fed Rally.... etc.

It's got to be coffee party. Or at least something to do with coffee. Wake up and smell the coffee, waking up the TEAOCONS, etc... Too good not to use.

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 12:08 PM
TPAC anyone? Could even advertise it as TeaPAC if you wanted, although it would sound like a political action committee. TeaPartyActionConference, kind of a "counter" to CPAC.

ooh TeaPac...that sounds hot. And since sarah palin and the TeaOcons i'm sure have already been booked for Cpac...i bet they won't be able divert their attention from one to co-opt the other. Just so long as TeaPac is done the same day... But it'd be hard to organize and promote one so quickly...

LibertyMage
02-10-2010, 12:09 PM

In case you haven't noticed, we have been coming up with something new for quite some time and we still have not captured the hearts and minds of the "Tea Partiers". We gave the neocons ground and they stepped in front of the crowd and now they are leading it. We could have done that but we let the opportunity slip by as we have done time and time again.

People want to believe in something. If you step out in front and talk about freedom, they will follow you. If you step out in front and demagogue about war they will follow you. We can't just pick up our stuff and leave or we are giving the win to the neocons. We have to go where the river runs fast, not where it has run dry.

Giving up on the "Tea Partiers" instead of winning them as our own is foolish. Hopefully we won't give up another opportunity to argue on internet forums. Decide on a name that suits the event and set up a moneybomb fundrasier.

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Giving up on the "Tea Partiers" instead of winning them as our own is foolish. Hopefully we won't give up another opportunity to argue on internet forums. Decide on a name that suits the event and set up a moneybomb fundrasier.

That's not what we're talking about. The idea is to brand a rally and invite the tea partiers, as well as go to the tea party rallys and invite them while preaching the message. We've been lazy, we shouldn't let the neo cons run the stage. We need to work the crowd.

I'm thinking we team up in small groups and at the next tea party show up wear 'Coffee Party' shirts and signs. Handing out lit, dvds, getting email addresses, giving out flyers with libertly web sites and media.... PREACH THE MESSAGE TO THE TEAOCONS. That's always BEEN the plan, right?

damiengwa
02-10-2010, 12:21 PM

Agreed.... Tea Party II or, the Real Tea Party or some other variant won't work... It has to be clear that this is different.

But it should also be clear that this is not anti-tea party. I'm sure the dem elites would love to drive a wedge right down what they see as republican movement. We want to take these people out of hte matrix...can't do that by appearing to be hostile to them....

JoshLowry
02-10-2010, 12:24 PM
We need to work the crowd.

I'm thinking we team up in small groups and at the next tea party show up wear 'Coffee Party' shirts and signs. Handing out lit, dvds, getting email addresses, giving out flyers with libertly web sites and media.... PREACH THE MESSAGE TO THE TEAOCONS. That's always BEEN the plan, right?

I like it. :)

Can also be used at left leaning events. Draw a clear line between us and the neocons.

Dianne
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Hmm, I disagree with you about the name.

It's important to call it the "Second National Tea Party Convention" because this will INEVITABLY attract more media attention - and that's what we want. We have to show that we're going to reclaim our position as the founders of the modern Tea Party movement - and that requires confronting the neocons with our own rival convention - the sequel!

We want to show to the world that the Tea Partiers aren't just the neocons who want war.

We want to show to the world that the Tea Partiers are highly educated on sensible economics - Austrian economics.

We want to show to the world that the Tea Partiers can account for all the financial mess and that we have real solutions - not just good-sounding talking points.

We want to show to the world that the peace-loving left and the economic-freedom-loving right can come together.

The Tea Party movement was never about social issues and it should stay that way. However, by letting people like Sarah Palin (though I have to admit I like the woman) include military adventurism, as she did in her speech, it excludes all the anti-war people who might otherwise be quite interested in the Tea Party movement.

We have to be media-savvy here. Calling it the Second National Tea Party Convention will work well. The media will create a sense of rivalry and build it up, meaning our message will get out to the public better.

One final thought - let's make the cost really cheap, compared to the First Convention. The media will make a big deal out of how ours is cheaper and we can play it as representing the true spirit of the Tea Party movement.

You know as well as I do, the media will black it out the moment they see the guest list, lol. The only reason they covered last weekend's joke, was to help take the tea party movement down. They knew Palin would make a complete ass out of herself and knew the guests were going to be intolerant racists.

LibertyMage
02-10-2010, 01:30 PM
I like it. :)

Can also be used at left leaning events. Draw a clear line between us and the neocons.

This is exactly the point. To the Tea Party crowd, you don't want to draw a clear line between us and the neocons. You want to totally subvert their efforts by stepping in where they stood and putting our ideas in their heads. We want people to think that we are the THE Tea Party people.

This is what the neocons did to us and this is how we need to take it back. You aren't going to walk into an event and win people by handing out literature. You aren't going to win people by pulling people away from the biggest right leaning movement in decades. You win people by stepping in and subverting their efforts like they have done to us and letting them know we are the Real Tea Party.

ctiger2
02-10-2010, 01:35 PM
LiberTEA Party

TEOCONS NOT WELCOME

Flash
02-10-2010, 02:12 PM
This is a great idea.

paulitics
02-10-2010, 02:25 PM
LiberTEA Party

TEOCONS NOT WELCOME

I like that one. I like the idea of still keeping the tea party name, but showing the difference between the two. One is for liberty, the other is not.

georgiaboy
02-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I think 2nd National, or National Tea Party Convention II, Reloaded, Redux, etc., would be best to keep the media interested. To attract, I'd say try and get well-defined big-name speakers whom both sides of the aisle respect but sometimes disagree with, and have them speak on topics that fit with the RPR principles.

So Jim DeMint gets taxation or limited gov't.
A respected left-leaner gets domestic spending & economics as related to foreign policy, military spend.
Someone else gets monetary policy, etc.
Maybe get more popular names too on a panel or speaking individually, like Jon Stewart, Rachel Maddow, etc. generate some real interest. Pepper in Mises guys, Tom Woods, et al.

Maybe not too polarizing of figures, but ones who can deliver on and give cred to the message we're trying to promote. I'm ready to see a coming together of right & left around some common-sense (sic) tea party principles.

Could be really really cool.

Maybe a tagline to the title of the event could be 'coffee also served'

LittleLightShining
02-10-2010, 02:53 PM
LiberTEA Party

TEOCONS NOT WELCOME

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2729/36/83/1643271898/n1643271898_175091_7396726.jpg

A prop I made for the Montpelier Tea Party.

LibertyMage
02-10-2010, 03:04 PM
I like these two:

LiberTea Party Convention
Tea Party Counter-Convention

JVParkour
02-10-2010, 04:59 PM
I like LiberTEA.

We could also run some ads including words from this list: http://www.morewords.com/ends-with/ty/

I feel that there are some good emotional words in that list that would work well with the tea theme. Original stuff, not reused neocon garbage.

Something like... "This movement is biparTEAsan." And have that GOP Dinosaur or something... I dunno.

Dianne
02-10-2010, 05:37 PM
I like LiberTEA.

We could also run some ads including words from this list: http://www.morewords.com/ends-with/ty/

I feel that there are some good emotional words in that list that would work well with the tea theme. Original stuff, not reused neocon garbage.

Something like... "This movement is biparTEAsan." And have that GOP Dinosaur or something... I dunno.

I like that one also... maby in small letters underneath "the original teaparty" . Although, do keep in mind those guys can steal that name as well, unless we protect it somehow. All of a sudden, John McCain will be the spokesperson for LiberTEA.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-10-2010, 05:57 PM
I think 2nd National, or National Tea Party Convention II, Reloaded, Redux, etc., would be best to keep the media interested. To attract, I'd say try and get well-defined big-name speakers whom both sides of the aisle respect but sometimes disagree with, and have them speak on topics that fit with the RPR principles.

So Jim DeMint gets taxation or limited gov't.
A respected left-leaner gets domestic spending & economics as related to foreign policy, military spend.
Someone else gets monetary policy, etc.
Maybe get more popular names too on a panel or speaking individually, like Jon Stewart, Rachel Maddow, etc. generate some real interest. Pepper in Mises guys, Tom Woods, et al.

Maybe not too polarizing of figures, but ones who can deliver on and give cred to the message we're trying to promote. I'm ready to see a coming together of right & left around some common-sense (sic) tea party principles.

Could be really really cool.

Maybe a tagline to the title of the event could be 'coffee also served'

Kucinich, Chomsky, and Gravel have weight with the left. I also don't think bringing in someone like DeMint is helpful.

Since the Healthcare thing is still on-going we should have Mary Ruwart for sure.

reduen
02-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I am down with this idea..! Let's make it happen folks....:cool:

dr. hfn
02-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Awesome flyer and awesome name! We can make this huge!

catdd
02-10-2010, 06:24 PM
I knew when the republicans first got involved in the Tea Party that they would ruin it eventually. Hell, they ruin everything given enough time.
Those people wouldn't know a patriot if George Washington walked up and smacked them.

s_e52
02-10-2010, 07:31 PM
Don't change the name. Take back what you started. Do not run from it.

Liberty_Tree
02-10-2010, 07:34 PM
So when the Second National Tea Party gets infiltrated too, what will we call the other one? The Real Third National Party etc?

JK/SEA
02-10-2010, 07:39 PM
So when the Second National Tea Party gets infiltrated too, what will we call the other one? The Real Third National Party etc?

Nah..if that happens, we can just start using TEA PARTY again. Keep em running in circles....:D

RileyE104
02-10-2010, 08:20 PM

The whole point of this is so we CAN'T be infiltrated again. Our ideas will be out there and everyone will know. The media wont be able to polarize us as right wingers or any of the other CRAP like they've been doing anymore. It will be impossible with the evidence out there. If we do this right then it would be an incredible step to what we want to see achieved...

Alan Grayson backing us on the Federal Reserve issue with Peter Schiff, Mike Gravel backing us on ending the War on Drugs and the Income Tax with Rand Paul, Dennis Kucinich backing us on Foreign Policy with Adam Kokesh... Having these guys from "opposite ends" of the political spectrum on the same stage and arguing for the same ideas would be amazing.. Plus including speakers like Tom Woods, Jim Rogers, Jeffrey Miron, Jack Cole, Michael Badnarik would be extra sweet and would help educate the masses even more. And it would give much needed attention to candidates that need it like Adam, Jake Towne, BJ Lawson..

This would be just what we need. No more classifying our movement as far-right or racist or any of that garbage. Plus it would stop all the misguided and false propaganda that the TEA PARTY is targeting Ron Paul..

rprprs
02-10-2010, 08:37 PM
I like the idea of calling it a sequel. Very good strategic move.

Nah... The PREQUEL. We came first. :D

georgiaboy
02-10-2010, 09:38 PM
Kucinich, Chomsky, and Gravel have weight with the left. I also don't think bringing in someone like DeMint is helpful.

Since the Healthcare thing is still on-going we should have Mary Ruwart for sure.

Well, if you're gonna have heavy hitting pols for the left, ya need them for the right, too. If not someone like DeMint, then who, besides RP? Sessions? Coburn?

In addition, how about some of these "badasses"? :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=219294

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, if you're gonna have heavy hitting pols for the left, ya need them for the right, too. If not someone like DeMint, then who, besides RP? Sessions? Coburn?

In addition, how about some of these "badasses"? :)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=219294

I gave a list in another thread, but here are some I recommended:

Lew Rockwell
Justin Raimondo
Mary Ruwart
Walter Block
Bob Schulz
Stefan Molyneux

As for people "on the right", the vast majority are war mongers. I suppose the Southern Avenger would be good. Maybe John McManus too? The only reason I am leery of getting people currently running is because I don't know if they have the time out to stop campaigning for a few days. It would be nice to get Peter, Debra, Adam, Jake, RJ and others to come, but I don't know how feasible that would be.

Matt Collins
02-11-2010, 01:09 AM
I'd also like to see:
Sheriff Mack
Bruce Fein
Mike Church

Pauls' Revere
02-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Nah... The PREQUEL. We came first. :D

This is goood!

Tea Party "The Prequel"

dr. hfn