PDA

View Full Version : Paul cautions: ‘Neocon influence’ is ‘infiltrating’ tea parties

RATM99
02-09-2010, 09:26 PM
In the face of several electoral challenges from tea party-connected candidates, Texas Republican Congressman Ron Paul cautioned in a recent interview that Republican "neocon influence" is "infiltrating" the movement he is often credited for creating.

Speaking to MSNBC host Rachel Maddow on Tuesday night, Paul first took up for the tea parties as a natural reaction of the people when they are unhappy with government. What they are not, he explained, are entirely adherent to his ideas. Paul suggested that the group only "sometimes" represents his views.

"My message is somewhat different," he said. "The message gets somewhat diluted" with large movements of this nature.

"Everybody likes to join what looks like a popular movement, then they want to come in and influence that movement," Paul continued.

His core issues, such as creating transparency at the Federal Reserve, recalling overseas soldiers and ending the drug war, are "not what is generally heard from the Republican party," he said.

"Sometimes the tea party accepts these ideas, sometimes they don't."

"Neocon issues in public policy are not exactly dead these days," he explained, seemingly pointing to the Obama administration. "Progressive Democrats aren't really happy with foreign policy. ... That's the infiltration, philosophically, in different positions."

Ultimately, "Our country really is bankrupt and that's what they're unhappy about," Paul concluded.

Paul, whose son Rand is running for U.S. Senate in Kentucky, didn't seem to flinch when Maddow asked how he feels about Sarah Palin's recent endorsement of the younger Paul's campaign.

"Probably wouldn't be any different" with most Republicans, he said, emphasizing that he hopes his libertarian-leaning ideas would ultimately influence both parties, not just win over one.

http://rawstory.com/2010/02/paul-cautions-neocon-influence-infiltrating-tea-parties/

Thank you once again Dr. Paul. Now let's get the message and movement going again. This time TEA-O-CON free please.

Athan
02-09-2010, 09:51 PM
Goddamned Tea-o-cons.

Bruno
02-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Goddamned Tea-o-cons.

Was that coined here first? Its catchy. :)

Athan
02-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I heard it here first, but I don't know where it originated.

No1ButPaul08
02-09-2010, 09:57 PM

I just googled the term and it I believe that it first appeared on RPF. It's great

Matt Collins
02-09-2010, 10:28 PM

I heard it here first, but I don't know where it originated.
I just googled the term and it I believe that it first appeared on RPF. It's great

Well I have convinced the local media here in Nashville that the term was indeed coined on RPF:

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/02/08/not-quite-neocon-2/

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

sevin
02-09-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm glad to hear Ron Paul finally speak on this issue.

I'm pretty sure it did.

Reason
02-09-2010, 10:51 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul On Rachel Maddow Feb 09, 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqWj7SOrsoo)

ibaghdadi
02-10-2010, 03:50 AM

I think it's about time "teaocon" gets an entry on Wikipedia.

Iyad

Dianne
02-10-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm personally a bit disappointed Paul has not stepped up as the main spokesperson for the real tea party. I know many of you don't want a teaparty leader, but we need someone identified as the real tea party; otherwise, the effort is finished and the neocons win.