PDA

View Full Version : Can School Teachers Become Census Workers?

Pants
02-09-2010, 09:01 PM
I have noticed a few teachers in my local school district talking about working for the Census this year. Wouldn't this be a conflict of interest? Most Federal School funding is based on Census information. The lower the median income from census data.. The more funding the school district receives.

I was just wondering if this might be some sort of conflict of interest as the Census worker could eaisly fudge numbers so the school can receive more tax dollars.. :)

jsu718
02-09-2010, 09:13 PM
It's not all that easy to fudge data given that each household has the GPS coordinates to the door, and paper surveys are taken as well. It would get noticed.

torchbearer
02-09-2010, 09:15 PM
I'll be sure to report the 120 mexicans living in my basement. we need another rep seat in this state.

Pants
02-09-2010, 10:22 PM
I wonder if I should buy a GPS jammer, or make one.. Not unless they already have the GPS coordinates. Took the coordinates while nobody was home.

It's not all that easy to fudge data given that each household has the GPS coordinates to the door, and paper surveys are taken as well. It would get noticed.

Reason
02-09-2010, 10:45 PM
I wonder if I should buy a GPS jammer, or make one.. Not unless they already have the GPS coordinates. Took the coordinates while nobody was home.

Found this with a quick Google search.

http://boingboing.net/2009/07/30/gps-jammer-plugs-int.html