PDA

View Full Version : Medina to have Webcast Town Hall meetings

Nate-ForLiberty
02-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Medina Campaign Launches a Series of Webcast Town Hall Meetings
by Nelda Carrizales Skevington - Medina Townhall on Feb 09, 2010

WHARTON, TX, Tuesday, February 9, 2010 – In an effort to continue the conversation with Texans across the state, the Medina campaign announces it will launch a series of three webcast town hall meetings prior to the primary. The webcasted We Texans town hall meetings will be held each Monday leading up to the primary, with the first to be held February 15 from 6:30-7:30PM.

"True to my word, I am committed to keeping open lines of communication with the people of Texas," said Debra Medina, Republican candidate for Governor of Texas. "It is important that Texans have access to discuss issues that concern us all. The We Texans webcasts provide a venue for Texans to not only voice their concerns about issues that are important to them, but also have the opportunity to learn more about where I stand in regards to those issues."

The We Texans webcast town hall meeting schedule and topics are as follows: February 15: Private Property, February 22: State Sovereignty and March 1: How We Texans Will Win. All Texans are invited to participate by visiting www.medinafortexas.com/townhall. Each town hall meeting will be held from 6:30 to 7:30PM and will be made available as a rebroadcast on the Medina campaign website.

Throughout her campaign, Debra Medina promised she would continue the dialogue with Texans regarding the important and pressing issues affecting everyday Texans. We invite and encourage anyone who would like to speak directly to and get answers from Debra to go online and participate at each We Texans town hall meeting.

http://www.medinafortexas.com/townhall

Bern
02-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks. Someone asked me just this morning if there were going to be any more debates. He wanted to see Medina talk a bit more. Opportunity knocks.

low preference guy
02-09-2010, 06:10 PM
I don't think there is going to be a third debate. Neither Perry or KBH would accept it.

For KBH: It guarantees that Medina makes it to the run-off.
For Perry: Perry wants KBH to be in the run-off, because he will beat her easily. Thus, he wants to maintain the status quo. If I was a Perry campaign adviser, I wouldn't even advertise against KBH, to keep alive his change of not facing Medina.

ctiger2
02-09-2010, 07:39 PM
There's going to be a run off and Medina's going to win it. The time is now.

rp08orbust
02-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks. Someone asked me just this morning if there were going to be any more debates. He wanted to see Medina talk a bit more. Opportunity knocks.

I think more debates before March 2 are pretty unlikely, but we'll have a strong case for demanding more between March 2 and the run-off.

Nate-ForLiberty
02-09-2010, 08:32 PM
I think more debates before March 2 are pretty unlikely, but we'll have a strong case for demanding more between March 2 and the run-off.

maybe if enough people contact their local PBS station, they will re-air one of the debates?

rp08orbust
02-09-2010, 08:39 PM
maybe if enough people contact their local PBS station, they will re-air one of the debates?

Is that ever done? There is so much potential for political bias involved in re-airing a debate (which one, when, how many times, etc) that I can't see it happening. Perry and KBH would claim that re-airing the debates would be favorable to the Medina campaign, and they'd be right :D

Nate-ForLiberty
02-09-2010, 08:40 PM
Is that ever done? There is so much potential for political bias involved in re-airing a debate (which one, when, how many times, etc) that I can't see it happening. Perry and KBH would claim that re-airing the debates would be favorable to the Medina campaign, and they'd be right :D

:D I guess. I don't know much about that. just a thought. we'll have to rely on volunteers and radio