PDA

View Full Version : Buy our car and you won't get busted by uniformed enviro-nazis

disorderlyvision
02-09-2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Examiner~y2010m2d8-Buy-our-car-and-you-wont-get-busted-by-uniformed-environazis?cid=exrss-Civil-Liberties-Examiner

If you're like me, Audi's Green Police ad during yesterday's Superbowl was sort of a high point of creepiness -- and not just for its boomerific revival of a classic Cheap Trick song. No, the celebration of the right car purchase -- a "clean diesel" -- as a get-out-of jail-free card for a totalitarian eco-state sort of ruined car shopping for you while also hinting a bit too strongly at the direction in which the world is inching in its intolerant, lemming-like way.

Our friends in Britain already have to worry about government snoops pawing through their garbage and forcing their way onto private property to make sure residents of that unfortunate country are separating their glass from their plastic and doing business in officially approved ways. Maybe ... just maybe ... we're not that far off from the day when buying the the "correct" brand will count as a pass at roadblocks staffed by armed recycling fanatics.

I guess the only question is whether Audi thinks this potential Brave New fluorescently lit World is a good thing, or whether the company is warning us that it, Schindler-like, is our only hope.

The Audi advertisement glimpse of our eco-conscious (or else) future is below.

YouTube - Audi 2010 Green Car Super Bowl Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq58zS4_jvM)

awake
02-09-2010, 03:18 PM
Do you think the Toyota crisis is a coincidence...? Do you think that it just so happens that a hybrid (Greenish) vehicle is at the center of a company crippling media hype induced recall. GM (Government Motors) will not have it; it will not be forced to go against a competitive car company that actually builds good cars. And since it can not compete in the market against Toyota they have to attack it with regulations and media generated scandal --- Protectionism; at work on behalf of corrupt unions and bought and paid for media.

ravedown
02-09-2010, 04:04 PM
why are people so confused by this ad-it was genius! the green-fascists depicted in the ad really pissed off the militant environmentalist and effectively showed what they would really like to see...audi wasn't endorsing the green police, it was satirizing and exposing the hysteria. they nailed it...

rancher89
02-09-2010, 04:07 PM
What about the Little Debbie ad that had the little eco cars in it?

They are pushing the eco stuff pretty hard.

I'll drive one of those little bitty cars when semis and anything bigger than a station wagon from the 80's aren't on the roads I drive on

awake
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
It said to buy its car, implying that their car is fully Enviro-nazi compliant, and the green police state will give you a pass for cooperating with the government regulations.

A take off on the 'do as we say and you won't get hurt' theme.