PDA

View Full Version : Bush billboard: Miss me yet?

lynnf
02-09-2010, 04:15 AM
get ready to hurl chunks:

http://media.npr.org/assets/blogs/thetwo-way/images/2010/02/missmeyet.jpg?s=12

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/02/bush_miss_me_yet_billboard_is.html

There is a billboard along I-35 near Wyoming, Minn., with a huge photo of former president George W. Bush and this question: "Miss Me Yet?"

------------------
lynn

Kotin
02-09-2010, 04:22 AM
In fact I do.

nayjevin
02-09-2010, 04:26 AM
In fact I do.

Really? Obama being the same as Bush has been awesome for the small-government movement.

Kotin
02-09-2010, 04:28 AM
Really? Obama being the same as Bush has been awesome for the small-government movement.

I just miss the personality.. And even then I am half serious.

Lovecraftian4Paul
02-09-2010, 06:45 AM
He's still here in spirit. The mask and the voice just changed a little.

moostraks
02-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Obama is Bush on steroids. So there is some truth to the question...

How many here would like to roll back to at least the position we were in before this administration took over?

Does not mean I want the bastard back or anyone of his ilk...

BuddyRey
02-09-2010, 06:58 AM
I miss Bush in the same way that a man with stage-four bowel cancer misses the time when it was only stage-three.

silverhandorder
02-09-2010, 07:19 AM
LOL on personality I like our presidents. On policy I detest them with every fiber of my being.

Dianne
02-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I miss Bush in the same way that a man with stage-four bowel cancer misses the time when it was only stage-three.

LOL.. I didn't even know Bush was gone.

FrankRep
02-09-2010, 07:52 AM

O = W.

It's like he never left.

LibertyEagle
02-09-2010, 08:10 AM
Barf

rancher89
02-09-2010, 09:47 AM

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/02/bush_miss_me_yet_billboard_is.html

There is a billboard along I-35 near Wyoming, Minn., with a huge photo of former president George W. Bush and this question: "Miss Me Yet?"

lynn

And it just had to be one of his goofiest pictures ever........

Bruno
02-09-2010, 10:24 AM

Nice, one, BuddyRey. :D

AuH20
02-09-2010, 10:30 AM
LOL on personality I like our presidents. On policy I detest them with every fiber of my being.

I agree. They're both very likable.

yokna7
02-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I totally miss that f**king retard!

Mini-Me
02-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I agree. They're both very likable.
There's a reason for this:

PCL-R Factors 1a and 1b are correlated with narcissistic personality disorder and histrionic personality disorder. It is associated with extroversion and positive affect. Factor 1, the so-called core personality traits of psychopathy, may even be beneficial for the psychopath (in terms of nondeviant social functioning).

PCL-R Factor 2a and 2b are particularly strongly correlated to antisocial personality disorder and criminality and is associated with reactive anger, criminality, and impulsive violence. The target group for the PCL-R is convicted criminals. The quality of ratings may depend on how much background information is available and whether the person rated is honest and forthright.
[edit] Hare's Checklist and other mental disorders

Psychopathy, as measured on the PCL-R, is negatively correlated with all DSM-IV Axis I disorders except substance abuse disorders. Psychopathy is most strongly correlated with DSM-IV antisocial personality disorder.
[Note by Mini-Me: Hare specifically designed this checklist due to the DSM's misplaced focus on antisocial behavior though. I might be wrong, but I personally wonder if the establishment itself has deliberately confused psychopathy with "deviant criminality" to hide its actual nature...because it is by our lack of understanding here that we continually centralize power in the first place.]

Factor1: Personality "Aggressive narcissism"

* Glibness/superficial charm
* Grandiose sense of self-worth
* Pathological lying
* Cunning/manipulative
* Lack of remorse or guilt
* Shallow affect
* Callous/lack of empathy
* Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor2: Case history "Socially deviant lifestyle"

* Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
* Parasitic lifestyle
* Poor behavioral control
* Promiscuous sexual behavior
* Lack of realistic, long-term goals
* Impulsivity
* Irresponsibility
* Juvenile delinquency
* Early behavior problems
* Revocation of conditional release

I should note, Factor 2 obviously isn't necessary for people to be sociopathic (i.e. no empathy, no capacity for love, and no genuine feelings of remorse or guilt), and it really just applies to the impulsive psychopaths who can't control themselves. The less impulsive, more narcissistic sociopaths are the more successful ones...and these are generally the people who rule us. In any case, it shouldn't come as a surprise that crazies of either type seem likable. ;) Part of their whole schtick is appearing more "normal" than normal human beings with consciences.

AParadigmShift
02-09-2010, 10:36 AM
he's still here in spirit. The mask and the voice just changed a little.

obama is bush on steroids.

lol.. I didn't even know bush was gone.

o = w.

It's like he never left.

Bushama!

polomertz
02-09-2010, 10:41 AM
I was just wondering what that super-sonic idiotic unrespected bug-infested kitty-lickin' dog-food-eatin' brainless sack of monkey shit from an intergalactic space-butt has been up to...

Todd
02-09-2010, 10:48 AM
YouTube - The George Bush we used to know (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkNgGafSSYk)

This is what won so many over. .

Tina
02-09-2010, 06:44 PM
There's a reason for this:

I should note, Factor 2 obviously isn't necessary for people to be sociopathic (i.e. no empathy, no capacity for love, and no genuine feelings of remorse or guilt), and it really just applies to the impulsive psychopaths who can't control themselves. The less impulsive, more narcissistic sociopaths are the more successful ones...and these are generally the people who rule us. In any case, it shouldn't come as a surprise that crazies of either type seem likable. ;) Part of their whole schtick is appearing more "normal" than normal human beings with consciences.

:cool:

Dianne
02-09-2010, 07:22 PM
LOL, we have two threads going on this subject. But my comment on the last thread was:

I did miss you, but I am going to reload and get a little closer this time; and I promise I will not miss you.

Tina
02-09-2010, 10:04 PM
HA!!!

Reason
02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
nope