PDA

View Full Version : Beck not so fond of Rick Perry anymore?

Ron_Paul_Knows
02-09-2010, 01:08 AM
I don't listen to the show everyday, but my general impression has been that Beck thinks pretty favorably of Rick Perry. On today's show however, Beck and his sidekick Pat were not so kind to Perry, essentially calling him a progressive and questioning his conservative credentials when he's not in campaign mode. Beck also brought up his displeasure with Perry on the border and Pat brought up the HPV vaccine. Maybe all those emails he has been receiving are starting to have an effect on him.:)

YouTube - Glenn Beck Says Rick Perry Is Not What He Seems (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MnL8k7kdI)

rp08orbust
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't listen to the show everyday, but my general impression has been that Beck thinks highly of Rick Perry. On today's show however, Beck and his sidekick Pat were not so kind to Perry, essentially calling him a progressive and questioning his conservative credentials when he's not in campaign mode. Beck brought up his displeasure with Perry on the border and Pat brought up the HPV vaccine. Maybe all those pro-Medina, anti-Perry emails Beck has been receiving are starting to have an effect on him.:)

Let me guess: Tomorrow's rant will be about how there is not ONE Texas state politician who gets it. Not one who is anti-eminent domain, anti-property taxes, anti-Fed, pro nullification, etc. He will start down the list of Texas politicians and candidates in alphabetical order from A to L, but when he gets to M it will be time for a commercial break, and when he returns, he'll announce, "And that leaves us with Perry!!! We are screwed, people!!!"

Nate-ForLiberty
02-09-2010, 01:19 AM
the hairs on the back of my neck on standing up. it must be the timing.

first that former Perry "campaign staffer" and now beck....?

we'll see

dannno
02-09-2010, 01:25 AM
Checkout this from the 912 Meetup:

Announcing a new Meetup for The 9/12 Project!

What: A Conservative Rising Star in Texas!

When: Tuesday, March 2, 2010 12:00 PM

Where:
Debra Medina Campaign
NA
Anywhere, TX

Tea Party activist Debra Medina is challenging progressive Republicans in Texas!

Fox News' Judge Andrew Napolitano has endorsed Debra Medina as a true conservative and patriot.

Debra Medina is running against big government, tax-and-spend Republicans Rick Perry and Kay Baily Hutchison in the Texas Gubernatorial Primary. Medina's poll numbers have been steadily increasing while Governor Perry and U.S. Senator, Kay Baily Hutchison are losing faith with primary voters.

Why the Race is Becoming National

As a strong leader of 10th amendment/state's rights and nullification, Medina could influence other state's to follow her leadership on issues like nullification of nationalized health care and EPA policies.
As a principle of individual liberty, Medina would eliminate the property tax, which could serve as a model for other states.

Medina is a strong advocate of 2nd amendment rights and could influence a national debate on the topic.
Medina is not a career politician and so her victory would scare career politicians into acting on conservative principles and personal liberty instead of delivering empty rhetoric.

Governor Perry was a former campaign manager for Al Gore before becoming a Republican. Over his 9-years as Governor, taxes increased 49%, public sector jobs increased by 156,000, the state's debt tripled and eminent domain was extensively used to confiscate private property to make way for toll roads as part of the Trans-Texas Corridor.

And 17-year term U.S. Senator Hutchison voted nine times to raise the federal debt ceiling, promised to vote against bailouts but changed her mind and voted for all of them despite repeated calls from constituents opposing them.

Help Medina Win!

Texans

Vote for Medina in early primary voting starting February 16 - 26. (The primary is on March 2.)
Contact the campaign to get involved.

Texans & Non-Texans

Donate $5, $10, $15 or whatever you are able to her campaign.

Join her campaign to canvass, petition or phone bank.

Texas Debates

January 14 Debate

Belo Debate

Medina on Freedom Watch with Judge Napolitano

Send this message to fellow Patriots

www.medinafortexas.com

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com/WeSurroundThemGathering/calendar/12558010/

--
This message was sent by Rebecca from The 9/12 Project.

moonshineplease
02-09-2010, 03:33 AM
Let me guess: Tomorrow's rant will be about how there is not ONE Texas state politician who gets it. Not one who is anti-eminent domain, anti-property taxes, anti-Fed, pro nullification, etc. He will start down the list of Texas politicians and candidates in alphabetical order from A to L, but when he gets to M it will be time for a commercial break, and when he returns, he'll announce, "And that leaves us with Perry!!! We are screwed, people!!!"

Lol that made me laugh, but it is very true.

constituent
02-09-2010, 06:17 AM
he must be smelling money...

Kotin
02-09-2010, 06:26 AM

Spot on.

payme_rick
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Beck's never been 100% with Perry, or even close to 100 IMO... he's always been of the opinion that Perry isn't very conservative... Beck was just holding out hope that Slick Rick was for real on 10th amendment rights and the border etc...

gave him wayyyy too much air-time over the past year and a half...

Romulus
02-09-2010, 09:32 AM

In which way?

If he start promoting Medina.. she'll have a good chance. But I dont see how that equates to money.

Eric21ND
02-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Keep the pressure on Beck to interview Medina!!

dannno
02-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Keep the pressure on Beck to interview Medina!!

bump

dr. hfn
02-09-2010, 11:50 AM
just emailed Beck!

dannno
02-09-2010, 12:13 PM
bump

dannno
02-09-2010, 12:35 PM
bump

tron paul
02-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Has Beck ever discussed mandatory HPV vaccines for young girls?

Perry helped the makers of Gardisil force their product on unwilling citizens.

Beck can't like that any more than the TransTexas Corridor, I69.

itshappening
02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
we need to get Medina on Beck, please email him and make the request

Call him, email him and write to him. He has to be fair

randolphfuller
02-09-2010, 01:16 PM
It was worse than that. That vacine is only manufacured by one company--Merck--who employ Rick Perry's son.

Deborah K
02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Beck could really help if he continues to interview candidates like Rand, Devore, etc. I'll do my part and fire off an email to interview Medina.

Jeros
02-09-2010, 04:31 PM
In which way?

If he start promoting Medina.. she'll have a good chance. But I dont see how that equates to money.

The "Money" that Glenn Beck smells isn't necessarily explicitly or directly exchanged or transacted. His pattern of money chasing has been very clear for the past few years.

1. Analyze the political trend of anti government activists.
2. Adjust rhetoric and content to align with said trend.
3. Sell millions of books and millions of event tickets.
4. $

He cares less about any advertising revenue than he does about ideological positioning. To my dismay, the majority of self described anti government activists suck up his cheesy ingenuous style like a calf on a nipple. Beck obviously isn't forcing anybody to pay him for his empty analysis, yet idiots hand over their money nonetheless.

Now there is nothing wrong with money chasing by any means, but it would be wise to differentiate between ideological opportunism and ideological conviction. I don't know what portion of his rhetoric he is convinced of, but I have a hunch it is less than any of us should hope for.

With that being said, he probably is a useful tool and there is nothing wrong with steering his content. I will contact the show also.

payme_rick
02-09-2010, 07:38 PM
they dogged Perry again on air today FYI... I was busy and missed all but the end of that segment so I dunno what else went on...

Nate
02-10-2010, 01:57 AM
The "Money" that Glenn Beck smells isn't necessarily explicitly or directly exchanged or transacted. His pattern of money chasing has been very clear for the past few years.

1. Analyze the political trend of anti government activists.
2. Adjust rhetoric and content to align with said trend.
3. Sell millions of books and millions of event tickets.
4. $

He cares less about any advertising revenue than he does about ideological positioning. To my dismay, the majority of self described anti government activists suck up his cheesy ingenuous style like a calf on a nipple. Beck obviously isn't forcing anybody to pay him for his empty analysis, yet idiots hand over their money nonetheless.

Now there is nothing wrong with money chasing by any means, but it would be wise to differentiate between ideological opportunism and ideological conviction. I don't know what portion of his rhetoric he is convinced of, but I have a hunch it is less than any of us should hope for.

With that being said, he probably is a useful tool and there is nothing wrong with steering his content. I will contact the show also.

+1