PDA

View Full Version : SC-GOP and Tea Parties merge!

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 09:43 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0210/32692.html

The South Carolina Republican Party announced Monday that it’s uniting with tea party groups in the state to share resources, coordinate messaging and push the GOP in a more conservative direction.

rich34
02-08-2010, 10:01 PM
I could be wrong, but I have a real bad feeling about this shit. The teaparty peeps teaming up with the republcian party? Yes I know it could work both ways, but here's the fact of the matter. The republican party has WAY more resources and money to take over any teaparty group than the teaparty group has to take over the State GOP. I think this is going to be the republicans strategy to counter any kind of liberty candidate especially Ron Paul in trying to get out and play the delegate game and beat them that way. They know that if Ron runs again, most of his supporters know how to work the system this time by actively getting out and signing up delegates and taking them to the state conventions. If they can't counter this and Ron Paul's revolution continues to grow this could be a problem for them. Thus create the teaparty movements, portray them as "real conservatives" who support "real" conservative candidates and of course at the end of the day Ron Paul will be deemed an enemy of the teapartiers. This is it folks. This is the establishments attempt to hijack the anger in this country and funnel it into the same ole same ole republican party except they'll be fashioning themselves as fiscal conservative constitutionalist. The whole teaparty thing was a good idea, but I am starting to see where it's going. The republican party is trying to use the brand "teaparty" to re-energize the republican party and hoodwink us into supporting their typical necon candidates. Burns my ass!

Liberty Star
02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
It's a beautiful marraige. Wonder what the offspring would look like though.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I could be wrong, but I have a real bad feeling about this shit. The teaparty peeps teaming up with the republcian party? Yes I know it could work both ways, but here's the fact of the matter. The republican party has WAY more resources and money to take over any teaparty group than the teaparty group has to take over the State GOP. I think this is going to be the republicans strategy to counter any kind of liberty candidate especially Ron Paul in trying to get out and play the delegate game and beat them that way. They know that if Ron runs again, most of his supporters know how to work the system this time by actively getting out and signing up delegates and taking them to the state conventions. If they can't counter this and Ron Paul's revolution continues to grow this could be a problem for them. Thus create the teaparty movements, portray them as "real conservatives" who support "real" conservative candidates and of course at the end of the day Ron Paul will be deemed an enemy of the teapartiers. This is it folks. This is the establishments attempt to hijack the anger in this country and funnel it into the same ole same ole republican party except they'll be fashioning themselves as fiscal conservative constitutionalist. The whole teaparty thing was a good idea, but I am starting to see where it's going. The republican party is trying to use the brand "teaparty" to re-energize the republican party and hoodwink us into supporting their typical necon candidates. Burns my ass!

Hence my clarion call for an Independance movement. I have come to the realization that asking your neighbors for freedom is not liberty. It is akin to the slave asking the slave master for his freedom. I honestly do not believe we will achieve liberty in that fashion. If we wait until a total collapse an even more powerful State will be erected in its place. It is best to mount this movement while we still have any remaining wealth, property, and arms to defend ourselves.

rich34
02-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Hence my clarion call for an Independance movement. I have come to the realization that asking your neighbors for freedom is not liberty. It is akin to the slave asking the slave master for his freedom. I honestly do not believe we will achieve liberty in that fashion. If we wait until a total collapse an even more powerful State will be erected in its place. It is best to mount this movement while we still have any remaining wealth, property, and arms to defend ourselves.

But honestly man will it matter? I don't care what name you call it, if this or any new organization is running on a platrom of limited government, less taxes, enforcing the constitution etc... the republican party has the money and resources to hijack it just as they have done the teaparty movement and they'll put their typical neocons in place as the heads of those movements. We have to get Rand elected so maybe he can grab the bull by the horns and wrestle the teaparty movement away from the republican party. As much as I love Ron, he's not doing such a good job at trying to be a leader in this teaparty movement. I understand that it's basically run by neocons but at least we can point out their hypocrisy if they reject Ron Paul as a spokesman or a leader.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-08-2010, 10:20 PM
But honestly man will it matter? I don't care what name you call it, if this or any new organization is running on a platrom of limited government, less taxes, enforcing the constitution etc... the republican party has the money and resources to hijack it just as they have done the teaparty movement and they'll put their typical neocons in place as the heads of those movements. We have to get Rand elected so maybe he can grab the bull by the horns and wrestle the teaparty movement away from the republican party. As much as I love Ron, he's not doing such a good job at trying to be a leader in this teaparty movement. I understand that it's basically run by neocons but at least we can point out their hypocrisy if they reject Ron Paul as a spokesman or a leader.

No Neo-Con would dare touch a movement founded on Independance. It would be a movement of both Minarchists and Voluntaryists to drum up support in the general populace for divorcement from DC. Whether through secession, adoption of new governances, or other forms of political bonds. The main thrust would be the addressment of grievances and documentation of crimes and tyranny. We have far surpassed the tyranny faced by our Founders. They would have had a revolution as soon as taxation hit 15% let alone 50%+!

rancher89
02-08-2010, 10:28 PM
I posted this last week.....

Greenville County Republican Party

For immediate Release:

Greenville County Republican Party Leader meets with Coalition Group Leaders

The GCRP Chairman met with more than a dozen state Tea Party / Liberty group Leaders.

Greenville, SC, February 2, 2010

After unveiling a plan to implement a Tea Party Republican organization and receiving feedback from the Upstate Coalition of Conservative Organizations the Greenville County GOP changed direction out of respect for the Coalition. Embarking on the most crucial election cycles in recent history and seeing the vast importance of working together the Chairman of the Greenville County Republican Party met with more than a dozen Tea Party/Liberty Group Leaders on Sunday afternoon to come together in a strategy session to decide the future of their relationship.

"This was a very successful meeting of true conservatives and true patriots. When both organizations work toward a common goal you have a winning strategy that will affect the country for the best and that will win elections. Said Patrick Haddon, Chairman of the Greenville County Republican Party

Both Sides walked away from the meeting agreeing that the Tea Party movement should stay independent from any party and should continue their movement. They also agreed that the GOP will not implement a Tea Party Republican organization. We believe that this will stir the hearts of the American people and force those Republicans that do not stand on and vote for conservative principles to reflect on the energy and distrust the people have against them. These groups commented that they will vote Conservative, but will not vote for those that do not hold dear the Tea Party Principles.

Both sides came to the table with concerns but at the end of the meeting misunderstandings were dispelled and both sides were eager to cooperate with one another to meet their ultimate goals.

"We are encouraged with the outcome of the meeting and believe that adhering to this agreement will benefit the Republican Party as well as our State by moving toward more conservative representation of the citizens of South Carolina." Said Harry Kibler spokesman for the Upstate Coalition of Conservative Organizations

Both sides left the meeting encouraged and excited about things to come for both groups and believe this can be the standard for all Republican and Coalition Organizations around the state and country.

"We are excited about the future of our relationship to meet the goals from both sides understanding that we both need each other to make real change for the country." Said Patrick Haddon

A press conference is planned for next week at the Greenville County Republican Headquarters located at 850 Wade Hampton Blvd. the time and date will be announced soon. At the press conference everyone involved will speak in more detail about the relationship.

Contact

Patrick Haddon, Chairman
864-320-1946

chairman@greenvillegop.com

AND

Harry Kibler, Spokeman

Upstate Coalition of Conservative Groups

864-313-8615

harrykibler@yahoo.com

Patrick Haddon

Chairman

Greenville County Website

www.greenvillegop.com

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-08-2010, 10:30 PM
So that means the GOP in SC will work to recall Lindsey Graham and put Bob Conley in his place?

rancher89
02-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I'm not sure AED, but it does mean that the gop isn't overtly taking over the tea party movement in SC.

I'm not very strong on the ins and outs of SC politics, but it looks like they are allied, but separate.

AParadigmShift
02-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Well, that's that.

Grafting in the GOP - any part of it - will eventually kill the tree, branch and root. What was once anti-Establishment, will soon become wholly pro-Establishment.

Too bad.

Dianne
02-08-2010, 10:58 PM
You must face it, there is a sinister copycat tea party movement... reminds me of something you would see in a Batman movie.

How nice the tea party would call peace with a maggot such as Lindsey Graham...a war he always wants, but a war he will never serve in.

What is funny about the counterfeit tea party movement is they hate Ron Paul and everything he stands for.

What is going on now, is the biggest hit job I have ever seen. A grassroots movement being overtaken by thugs in order to discredit it. Now I know what the politicians in Washington go through everyday... it's either play our way or the highway.

Well... I don't think we should sit back and take it. I think we should claim again what was our idea, and what we worked so hard to do... and that is Ron Paul 2012 !!!!!

rich34
02-08-2010, 11:01 PM
well, that's that.

Grafting in the gop - any part of it - will eventually kill the tree, branch and root. What was once anti-establishment, will soon become wholly pro-establishment.

Too bad.

exactly!!