PDA

View Full Version : Summing Up The Tea Party Movement (by one of the co-opters)

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 04:18 PM
Summing Up The Tea Party Movement (by one of the co-opters)

http://usconservatives.about.com/od/conservativepolitics101/a/Tea-Party-Leader-Michael-Johns.htm

In the midst of the 2010 National Tea Party Convention held in Nashville on Feb. 4,5 and 6, National Tea Party founder and leader Michael Johns took time out to answer some questions about the movement's core values of where it is headed in 2010 and beyond.

Here is one of the things he said:

I see general agreement with the thesis that this administration has it wrong on national security. We need to maintain our strength militarily. We need to win the war on terror, which starts by at least recognizing that it is a war, not a crime scene. And I think you'd find agreement that, while we would like to have the world supportive of our agenda in the world, there will be times when America needs to act alone--and that is both ok and necessary.

Elwar
02-08-2010, 04:25 PM
which starts by at least recognizing that it is a war, not a crime scene

It would be easier to recognize that it is a war if it was declared.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-08-2010, 04:28 PM
I think us patriots and libertarians need to start an Independance movement.

InterestedParticipant
02-08-2010, 04:39 PM
I think us patriots and libertarians need to start an Independance movement.
This time, trade mark the name before it goes public.

GunnyFreedom
02-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I like "SovereignTea and the Sons of Liberty"

The Patriot
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
I like "SovereignTea and the Sons of Liberty"

That is too long of a name. I like the Independence Movement. This could be tied to a Plethora of things. Independence from the Federal Reserve, the IRS, the Department of Education, WTO, UN etc.

DjLoTi
02-08-2010, 05:06 PM
This Tea Party movement just blows my mind. Who are these guys? I bet it's like 10 people behind the curtain.

RM918
02-08-2010, 05:08 PM
In what way, exactly, is that different from the Republicans?

Romulus
02-08-2010, 05:09 PM
This Tea Party movement just blows my mind. Who are these guys? I bet it's like 10 people behind the curtain.

Not really.. just some guys with the biggest mouthpieces and control of the airwaves.

The power does what it wants.

Romulus
02-08-2010, 05:11 PM
In what way, exactly, is that different from the Republicans?

Its not.. the Tea-O-Cons have sheep dogged this whole movement... They have more sheep dogs in their herd than us.

mello
02-08-2010, 05:33 PM
What I don't get is why the Tea Party crowd really wants Sarah Palin in 2012?!? She
literally has the memory of a goldfish. The fact that she has to write important info on
her friggin' hand should be a huge sign that she has no business being anywhere near
a presidential candidacy.

mczerone
02-08-2010, 05:37 PM
This time, trade mark the name before it goes public.

Yeah, because using the force of monopoly government has worked so well in the past.

Dianne
02-08-2010, 06:32 PM
The organizer of that dreadful counterfeit attempt was on tv and said the reason the cost was so high, was because the convention was meant for the tea party leadership only.

Can someone parachute that dumb butt to Iraq or something?? I don't know what FOX and the GOP are paying him, but it must be pretty darn good.

awake
02-08-2010, 06:35 PM
"which starts by at least recognizing that it is a war, not a crime scene "

It is both.

It is an immoral act of invasion and aggression; all justified on a constant stream of lies and deception. Millions are dead, and millions more will perish in the coming wars currently in planning.

The U.S. Empire of "freedom and democracy" by means of enslavement and death.

tron paul
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM

It's this, plus the some of the pro-war wing (they're angry that we're kicking Mooooslim ass too slowly, with crippling rules of engagement).

http://motherjones.com/files/legacy/news/feature/2008/01/venn-of-paul.jpg

GunnyFreedom
02-08-2010, 08:58 PM
It's this, plus the some of the pro-war wing (they're angry that we're kicking Mooooslim ass too slowly, with crippling rules of engagement).

http://motherjones.com/files/legacy/news/feature/2008/01/venn-of-paul.jpg

that's a great venn -- I'm guessing the blue is supposed to be the Tea Partiers? I'd like to read the article that came with that venn diagram, and I might make a version of it myself in more detail....

ETA: LOL ok my stalling pageloads bit me in the end and the bottom of the graphic hadn't loaded when I posted that. I definitely want to look more detail into that and recreate it for the Tea Parties in excruciating detail, it will be an enormous help.

A subset of Tea Partiers are in favor of social intervention, which I detest, but I think they are a vocal minority, and I think charting them could help.

Cosmo BG
02-08-2010, 09:16 PM
If the "Tea Partiers" have indeed selected Sarah Palin as their de facto spokesperson then they fall solidly in the middle of that lavender-ish "Right" circle, if they can be said to have any actual beliefs at all.

mediahasyou
02-11-2010, 07:08 PM
What I don't get is why the Tea Party crowd really wants Sarah Palin in 2012?!? She
literally has the memory of a goldfish. The fact that she has to write important info on
her friggin' hand should be a huge sign that she has no business being anywhere near
a presidential candidacy.

romulus is right. sarah palin proganda is spilled onto the populace through conservative airwaves. rush limbaugh and friends pull the strings of the conservatives.