PDA

View Full Version : Rand snubbed by Pulaski Co. Fans of Pork!

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2010, 12:16 PM
http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Rand-Paul-gets-Palin-but-not-Pulaski-83779847.html

I got family from Somerset and they are big GOP people. They are all voting Rand Paul. Rogers better watch it. He's now picked a fight. We need a candidate to overthrow Hal Rogers. This man is what is wrong with Republicans who don't stay principle to Fiscal responsibility.

John Taylor
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
http://www.whas11.com/community/blogs/political-blog/Rand-Paul-gets-Palin-but-not-Pulaski-83779847.html

I got family from Somerset and they are big GOP people. They are all voting Rand Paul. Rogers better watch it. He's now picked a fight. We need a candidate to overthrow Hal Rogers. This man is what is wrong with Republicans who don't stay principle to Fiscal responsibility.

Easy Bama,

I know Hal Rogers personally, and he's a savvy guy. He will not come out against Rand in this election, though he may not actively support him until after the primary. Rogers sees the writing on the wall in 2010. He won't go out of his way to aid the folks who are opposed to his practices, but he's not going to pull the long-knife on Rand unless he's attacked. Rogers seat is safe as long as Rogers wants to sit in it, he's the king of his district. He'll campaign for Rand after the primary...

That's how I see Rogers.

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Easy Bama,

I know Hal Rogers personally, and he's a savvy guy. He will not come out against Rand in this election, though he may not actively support him until after the primary. Rogers sees the writing on the wall in 2010. He won't go out of his way to aid the folks who are opposed to his practices, but he's not going to pull the long-knife on Rand unless he's attacked. Rogers seat is safe as long as Rogers wants to sit in it, he's the king of his district. He'll campaign for Rand after the primary...

That's how I see Rogers.

I as well know him personally and his handprints are all over the snub. Hal is a Pork Barrel King. I am interested if he supports locally our Too Kooky guy.

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Here is the speech that pissed them off:
YouTube - Rand Paul Pulaski GOP Picnic 10/10/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rqCOFtacE)

Hal's disapproving head is popping in.

DeadheadForPaul
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM
The emperor gets mad when he's told that he is not wearing clothes

amisspelledword
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
best prepare for more of this... but the thing is... paul's right.

BamaFanNKy
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
best prepare for more of this... but the thing is... paul's right.

I honestly think more Kentuckians (even in Pulaski Co.) will approve of that message.

amisspelledword
02-08-2010, 02:15 PM
its the nature of pork. of course it can give your area good stuff and everyone likes it, but it's irresponsible and unfair.

Sine Die
02-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Easy Bama,

That's how I see Rogers.

Ditto. Hal and his alter-ego Bob Mitchell are smart guys. They see the 2010 train coming from a long way off. They aren't going to be caught standing on the tracks. While their personal pride may have been hurt by Rand's previous remarks, I don't expect to see any more activity from them than window dressing for TG.