PDA

View Full Version : Beck-Palin Love Affair Over

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
What did I tell you? :D After the 1-on-1 interview, he's seen the light. He doesn't trust Sarah Palin.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,585030,00.html

VAN SUSTEREN: I'm not looking for -- I'm not looking for an endorsement, I'm trying to think, Who do you think keeps the most true to your principles? I mean, who...

BECK: I think -- here -- here...

VAN SUSTEREN: There must be someone who...

BECK: Here you have...

VAN SUSTEREN: OK.

BECK: There's two people. There's two people. There's one is Michele Bachmann. She was doing the tea party thing before tea parties were doing tea parties. She knows what she believes in. I think you have Senator DeMint is very good. On the other side, I've got one guy who I can't name right now who is so liberal, he makes my eyes bleed.

VAN SUSTEREN: Why can't you name him? Now I'm curious.

BECK: Because I'm doing something with two members of Congress. One is a just staunch conservative, the other is one of the most liberal people in Congress. But they agree on one thing -- liars, cheats and thieves need to be ejected. And in the next month or so -- I've been working with them together, trying to get everybody to trust each other -- me, them -- to trust each other to say, Look these are the principles. Now let's go root out corruption.

So there's somebody else who I don't agree with on any political issue, but he agrees on liars, cheats and thieves. And those people are in trouble.

VAN SUSTEREN: That is quite a tease. That is...

BECK: Those people are in trouble.

VAN SUSTEREN: That is quite a tease. You -- I mean, can you give us, like, initials or something, or like, you know, height, weight, anything...

The Patriot
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Could it be Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich?

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:09 PM

That's what I'm thinking.

MRoCkEd
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
????

He says it's Michelle Bachmann. Did you read it? :p

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:10 PM
????

He says it's Michelle Bachmann. Did you read it? :p

No, but then he mentions two more unnamed.

Cowlesy
02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Glenn is still in love with Sarah Palin.

The Patriot
02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
That's what I'm thinking.

If that happens, expect him to be either kicked off the network entirely or be relegated to the internet like Judge Napolitano. Also, if that happens, expect millions of pissed of pissed Beck fans wanting answers and waking up.

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:13 PM
If that happens, expect him to be either kicked off the network entirely or be relegated to the internet like Judge Napolitano. Also, if that happens, expect millions of pissed of pissed Beck fans wanting answers and waking up.

That's part of the reason why he can't proclaim that he likes Ron Paul more than he lets on. He constantly gives him the "closest to a founding father" praise, but can't go the full adoration route. The mainstream republicans would flip out.

The Patriot
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM
I am not part of the Alex Jones cult who thinks everyone is playing an angle and is in on a conspiracy. I think some politicians and news pundits are genuine in their beliefs. I think what makes them more effective is that they believe what they say. I think Glen Beck is a genuine guy who is on a possible road to enlightenment. He has gotten better over the years. I was once a Neo Con, I was where he was once, I think he is capable of changing and learning more and it seems he wants to do that.

Todd
02-08-2010, 12:15 PM
How about Bernie Sanders?

payme_rick
02-08-2010, 12:16 PM
he gave Palin some "soft" hell on the radio today, saying he doesn't understand why she believes the way she does but would campaign for progressives such as McCain and PERRY...

The Patriot
02-08-2010, 12:18 PM

Didn't think of that. When he said Congress I kind of just assumed House of Reps. Although I personally prefer DK to Sanders. Correct me if I am wrong but Sanders is just for an Audit of the FED, but Kucinich wants to abolish it.

payme_rick
02-08-2010, 12:21 PM
I think Glen Beck is a genuine guy who is on a possible road to enlightenment. He has gotten better over the years. I was once a Neo Con, I was where he was once, I think he is capable of changing and learning more and it seems he wants to do that.

I agree for the most part... I've listened to the guy since '04 and he has come a long way toward a more libertarian stance on most issues...

I was also a neo con, before that just "out there", but I think I've passed Glenn up in my libertarian thoughts, esspecially when it comes to foreign policy...

as I've said, his mind has not gelled yet, he still learns...

Romulus
02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Ok.. he does not even mention Palin...

The thread is BS and is making some serious leaps.. it could be anyone. For Beck not to trust Palin would be suicide for him.. but he may just be posturing with a wait and see attitude to guage the fallout from the Tea-o-queen herself.

Either way.. Becks still a Tea-o-Con

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:27 PM

The thread is BS and is making some serious leaps.. it could be anyone. For Beck not to trust Palin would be suicide for him.. but he may just be posturing with a wait and see attitude to guage the fallout from the Tea-o-queen herself.

The obvious answer would be Palin if he was pushing Palin. It was a prime opportunity to push Palin as a politician who he trusts and embodies constitutional principles. The fact he basically ignored her speaks volumes.

jmdrake
02-08-2010, 12:29 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Openly discussing distrust of Palin would be political suicide. But privately not trusting her makes perfect sense.

Agreed.

haaaylee
02-08-2010, 12:30 PM

or Grayson.

Romulus
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
The fact he basically ignored her speaks volumes.

No it doesnt.. she doesnt even hold an office. It says nothing.

And time and time again, he IGNORES Ron Paul... instead he mentions Bachman and Demint?

Give me a fucking break.. Becks just drumming up some drama for himself..

payme_rick
02-08-2010, 12:34 PM
The obvious answer would be Palin if he was pushing Palin. It was a prime opportunity to push Palin as a politician who he trusts and embodies constitutional principles. The fact he basically ignored her speaks volumes.

no no no... you see, that type of logic only works in one way on this board... had everyone expected Beck to say "Ron Paul" and he didn't, THENNNN the fact Paul was ignored would speak volumes to people here...

KAYA
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
or Grayson.

Grayson is a snake, no way its him.

Meiun
02-08-2010, 12:38 PM
what about Brad Sherman or Marcy Kaptur? Both have proven anti-establishment and are certainly liberal democrats!

The Patriot
02-08-2010, 12:39 PM
what about Brad Sherman or Marcy Kaptur? Both have proven anti-establishment and are certainly liberal democrats!

Brad Sherman is from the next district over from where I live. I didn't even know who he was until his Martial Law comment.

payme_rick
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM

agree... I originally read the question wrong I think... seems to be GVS was asking Beck "who in office".... gotcha...

but let's face it, Beck is NOT ignoring Paul... Beck does not agree with Paul on certain things, mainly foreign policy... so it's no shock he didn't drop his name here...

AParadigmShift
02-08-2010, 12:40 PM
he doesn't understand why....

What's not to understand, Beck?

She was, after all, an integral part of Team McCainiac. She's a Republican, a neoconservative Republican completely devoid of any old right principles; and, personality - or what they perceive as the easy win - always trumps principle with that lot.

Always.

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:44 PM

And time and time again, he IGNORES Ron Paul... instead he mentions Bachman and Demint?

Give me a fucking break.. Becks just drumming up some drama for himself..

You really think he would pass up a prime opportunity to ram Palin down our throats like Kurt Nimmo constantly insinuates? Suddenly, he's playing coy? :D

That question was begging for a Palin reference of some type. No mention whatsover. Not even a clarification. You see Beck is no dummy. He met the woman in the flesh and was not impressed by her lack of knowledge. Then he went nuts on his radio show when she started pining for McCain.

KAYA
02-08-2010, 12:46 PM
You really think he would pass up a prime opportunity to ram Palin down our throats like Kurt Nimmo constantly insinuates? Suddenly, he's playing coy? :D

That question was begging for a Palin reference of some type. No mention whatsover. Not even a clarification. You see Beck is no dummy. He met the woman in the flesh and was not impressed by her lack of knowledge. Then he went nuts on his radio show when she started pining for McCain.

I agree. I think Beck is done with his support of Palin.

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
I agree. I think Beck is done with his support of Palin.

Yup. Beck also politely stated that Sarah Palin is not ready to be president. It's pretty clear cut that he soured on her and actually operates on his own free will.

Romulus
02-08-2010, 12:49 PM
You really think he would pass up a prime opportunity to ram Palin down our throats ...

I'm not going to draw conclusions on his unmentionables.. its not worth speculating over...

I'd suggest changing the title of this thread though.

And even IF your assumption was true, so what??

Original_Intent
02-08-2010, 12:52 PM
or Grayson.

That's who I thought of.

AuH20
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not going to draw conclusions on his unmentionables.. its not worth speculating over...

It's enormous. Beck may have gone rogue. If so he's the media personality we need to correspond with, since he has the largest bullhorn. Not to change the political system per se, but to prepare the stupified public for the coming collapse. Between you and me, any chance to repair the teetering political system is extremely remote. I'm worried about mitigating the oncoming damage and building a new foundation once the old one falls apart.

Pennsylvania
02-08-2010, 12:53 PM
or Grayson.

That was my first guess.

SWATH
02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Today Beck said that he met Michelle Bachman and that she was the "real deal" and that she "gets it". He went on to say that he can't say that about anybody else in Washington, nobody, "she is the only real deal in Washington". He also said that Palin also "gets it" but is loyal to McCain and Perry. Like I said the guys a clown.

MN Patriot
02-08-2010, 01:06 PM
I am not part of the Alex Jones cult who thinks everyone is playing an angle and is in on a conspiracy. I think some politicians and news pundits are genuine in their beliefs. I think what makes them more effective is that they believe what they say. I think Glen Beck is a genuine guy who is on a possible road to enlightenment. He has gotten better over the years. I was once a Neo Con, I was where he was once, I think he is capable of changing and learning more and it seems he wants to do that.

Jason Lewis is one who has genuine libertarian ideas: http://www.jasonlewisshow.com/main.html

He is somewhat of a war hawk, acknowledges Ron Paul's foreign policy, but he is probably as much or more of a true libertarian than many other "libertarians". Calls himself a libertarian.

Talk radio and the internet is wonderful. Advances ideas the Establishment doesn't want mentioned.

The Deacon
02-08-2010, 01:08 PM

He's talking about members of Congress, though. Palin isn't in Congress.

jmdrake
02-08-2010, 01:09 PM

I agree. I think the real story is that Glenn Beck is considering an alliance with someone that is "so liberal he'd makes my eyes bleed". Really, this is something that needs to happen at this point! The so called "liberty movement" has become soooo focused on "stop the liberals" that some have been too willing to compromise on core principles. If Beck came out with an alliance on the left that would go a long way in reminding people that this isn't merely a "stop the dems" movement.

SelfTaught
02-08-2010, 01:16 PM

You could be onto something. He may be even farther left than Kucinich. But I don't know. Didn't somebody post a thread about how Bernie Sanders is a complete asshole?

Romulus
02-08-2010, 01:39 PM
I agree. I think the real story is that Glenn Beck is considering an alliance with someone that is "so liberal he'd makes my eyes bleed". Really, this is something that needs to happen at this point! The so called "liberty movement" has become soooo focused on "stop the liberals" that some have been too willing to compromise on core principles. If Beck came out with an alliance on the left that would go a long way in reminding people that this isn't merely a "stop the dems" movement.

If Beck made a concerted effort to do this, He might win over a lot of independents and I think this is his strategy after seeing Brown win. Or it could just be his strategy to stay employed. lol.

Beck is going to shift and shake to whichever way the wind of populism blows him. This is why I don't trust him and this is why he'll ignore Palin for the time being.

And the fact, he is a Tea-o-Con who believes in a just war in the middle east. I believe that is where he's at odds with Ron Paul, and that's where I'm at odds with hm.

Neither side is PRO-corruption. So reaching out to the left is fine, but he'll still be at odds with their core beliefs, and those are what inspire those who seek or hold power.

So I say his should stick to Constitutional principles and let that be his guide, instead of populism. Maybe then he'll revisit supporting our current foreign policy.

Meiun
02-08-2010, 01:58 PM
YouTube - Glenn Beck: Sarah Palin is playing the middle by campaigning for John McCain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRf0t-y5aFU)

Here's the audio of him talking about Palin today.

sofia
02-08-2010, 03:32 PM
people...for the umpteenth time...

BECK IS A FAKE!!!! He is there to keep Ron Paul down.

If he switches from Palin to Bachmann it means NOTHING

Bachman is just another Palin, only with half a brain as opposed to Palins 1/4 brain

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-08-2010, 03:43 PM
Jason Lewis is one who has genuine libertarian ideas: http://www.jasonlewisshow.com/main.html

He is somewhat of a war hawk, acknowledges Ron Paul's foreign policy, but he is probably as much or more of a true libertarian than many other "libertarians". Calls himself a libertarian.

Talk radio and the internet is wonderful. Advances ideas the Establishment doesn't want mentioned.

If you want to watch or listen to "true" libertarian programs, it definitely isn't from someone who is a war hawk! Haha....that's about as anti-libertarian as you can possibly get.

Listen to Free Talk Live. Watch Free Minds TV, Stefan Molyneux, etc. Listen to all the podcasts and lectures on Lv Mises Institute, and then tune in to some Freedom Watch. Stossel has a good show too.

Dianne
02-08-2010, 05:41 PM
I stopped watching Fox once they hired Palin. I can't stomach the broad.. but I have not read anything anywhere to indicate that Beck supports her or talks about her for that matter.

RileyE104
02-08-2010, 06:17 PM
VAN SUSTEREN: All right, who do you admire today who is a politician in office, and why?

BECK: In office? Let's see. I like Michele Bachmann. I'm really not willing to give my -- my endorsement on anybody because I don't trust anybody.

Why the #&%@ does he never mention Ron Paul? Every time RP is on his show he sucks up to him. But he NEVER not ONCE ever mentions him when the topic comes up. THAT is why I DON'T TRUST Beck.

I watched his show one time and he asked the audience if there's anyone in Washington they trust. A woman raised her hand and said Ron Paul and even gave her reasons. What happened? Beck just quickly changed the subject.

I don't understand what his problem is. Does he get fined by FOX whenever he mentions RP's name? It can't be, because he never mentioned him on CNN either. Obviously he has something to hide or is just afraid to come out as a RP supporter. Either way, I don't trust him. I have no respect for him at all. I thought he changed after "apologizing" to Libertarians for not supporting Paul in 2008. It's obvious he hasn't.

Dianne
02-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Why the #&%@ does he never mention Ron Paul? Every time RP is on his show he sucks up to him. But he NEVER not ONCE ever mentions him when the topic comes up. THAT is why I DON'T TRUST Beck.

I watched his show one time and he asked the audience if there's anyone in Washington they trust. A woman raised her hand and said Ron Paul and even gave her reasons. What happened? Beck just quickly changed the subject.

I don't understand what his problem is. Does he get fined by FOX whenever he mentions RP's name? It can't be, because he never mentioned him on CNN either. Obviously he has something to hide or is just afraid to come out as a RP supporter. Either way, I don't trust him. I have no respect for him at all. I thought he changed after "apologizing" to Libertarians for not supporting Paul in 2008. It's obvious he hasn't.

The only reason is that Paul is anti war and always puts down our building of empires across the globe. FOX devotes its' life to creating, expanding wars, wars, wars. And now especially, since Saudi Arabia owns the second largest controlling share of FOX; there is nothing the Saudi's would love any more than to see us take out some of their enemies; i.e., Iran.

So if you notice, Beck is pretty hawkish.. He's a fiscal conservative (so he says), but he's ready to blast everyone off the map. By the way, does anyone know if Beck served in the armed forces?

TheConstitutionLives
02-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I read NOTHING within that interview that tells me the "love affair" (whatever that means) b/w Palin and Beck are over. The thread title has ZERO to do with the interview of Beck.

TheConstitutionLives
02-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Could it be Ron Paul?

NO. He said "LIBERAL".

paulitics
02-08-2010, 07:04 PM

Kucinich would most likely be the liberal who makes his eyes bleed. Kucinich is wrong alot, but a principled man, and one that I respect.

paulitics
02-08-2010, 07:06 PM
I read NOTHING within that interview that tells me the "love affair" (whatever that means) b/w Palin and Beck are over. The thread title has ZERO to do with the interview of Beck.

Probably not over, but at least he is naming guys like Demint who aren't plastic dolls, but actually believe in something. Palin has no substance, and that I think Beck finally is figuring out.

Matthew Zak
02-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Grayson is a snake, no way its him.

Why not? Tell me, what political issue would Glen Beck agree with Grayson about? I can't think of any. However, liars and thieves... they have some common ground.

tron paul
02-08-2010, 07:40 PM

Beck's job is to get viewers to watch his show. Many SoCons and Paleos aren't with Dr. Paul on the war/drug issues and will turn off any show that mentions him.

It's better for Beck to represent our ideas and principles to this hostile segment of the Tea Party audience, without mentioning anyone controversial, so they can consider them rationally, without having their emotional hot-buttons being pressed and feelings hurt.

jmdrake
02-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Beck's job is to get viewers to watch his show. Many SoCons and Paleos aren't with Dr. Paul on the war/drug issues and will turn off any show that mentions him.

It's better for Beck to represent our ideas and principles to this hostile segment of the Tea Party audience, without mentioning anyone controversial, so they can consider them rationally, without having their emotional hot-buttons being pressed and feelings hurt.

And yet somehow he's ready to form an alliance with some yet unnamed congressman that is "so liberal he makes my eyes bleed"? :confused: Makes no sense.

Liberty Star
02-08-2010, 08:11 PM

Nope, it's this Bolton guy he talked to recently, the chemistry between them two is amazing as the video shows:

YouTube - Glenn Beck and John Bolton discuss Obamas UN speech and Israel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uuw2bZW_BnY)

rprprs
02-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Yes. Beck's failure to evoke the name of Dr. Paul is blatantly obvious and astounding. I watched that same show you reference and his silence after the woman mentioned Paul was deafening. There are numerous times when the context of his show just screams out for mention of Ron Paul, but it won't pass Beck's lips.

I read tron paul's assessment above and while I agree, I don't think it fully explains Beck's aversion. There's something else. It runs deeper.

Romulus
02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Beck is a PRO-WAR TEA-O-CON.

He'll never mention Ron Paul enough - we need to get over it and move forward!