PDA

View Full Version : Palin Thinks Obama Might Play The War Card (oh the irony)

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 10:51 AM
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/02/palin-leery-of-obamas-war-card.html?wprss=44

Palin suggested that if President Obama “played the war card” by declaring war on Iran in the next two years, the political landscape would change dramatically in his favor. “There wouldn’t be as much passion to make sure that he doesn’t serve another four years,” Palin said.

She said her knowledge about foreign policy and domestic economic issues has significantly increased since she was a vice presidential candidate. “My focus has been enlarged,” Palin said.

She said she admired the Tea Party efforts because they are seeking “common sense solutions” that will right the economy and put the country back on the track of fiscal responsibility.

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
YouTube - Judge Napolitano on Iran War Rhetoric (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv9QiL2p0dk)

theclip
02-08-2010, 11:17 AM
Sarah Palin is only for entertainment and data mining.

revolutionisnow
02-08-2010, 12:42 PM
LiveLeak.com - Sarah Palin: Obama could win reelection if he 'played the war card' and declared 'war on Iran.' (http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f5f_1265564098)

The Deacon
02-08-2010, 12:54 PM
She's using an antiwar column to justify even more war and intrusiveness?

SWATH
02-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Anyone else offended by politicians incessant use of the term "common-sense solutions". It's as if to say "you all are too stupid to understand the nuances of the issues so I will propose whatever I want, then call it common sense so as to imply everything else does not make sense". What is common sense to Palin may not be common sense to Obama or to Hillary or to anyone else, there is no common sense in politics only uncommon sense.

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Palin just said in this video (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2534072&postcount=4):
"Say he (Obama) decided to declare war on Iran"......

Uhhh....errr..... since when could the President declare war?!

Kylie
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Palin just said in this video (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2534072&postcount=4):
"Say he (Obama) decided to declare war on Iran"......

Uhhh....errr..... since when could the President declare war?!

Dude, you don't remember the "War" on Iraq?

In his address at 0315 GMT Thursday, Bush said:

"My fellow citizens, at this hour American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger.

On my orders, coalition forces have begun striking selected targets of military importance to undermine Saddam Hussein's ability to wage war. These are opening stages of what will be a broad and concerted campaign. "

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/19/sprj.irq.int.bush.transcript/

I see nothing about Congress declaring war, but that Bush declared and shipped the Armed forces over. Can't gripe about one, without bringing up the other, ya know?

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Dude, you don't remember the "War" on Iraq? Can't say that I do. I remember an invasion and occupation of a sovereign country by our government, but I don't remember Congress declaring war. :rolleyes:

angelatc
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I think she's saying that if Obama does go to war in Iran, he'll be popular enough with the neocons to retain his seat.

Therefore, if he doesn't, the next President absolutely needs to if he wants to retain the power.

How awful.

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 02:49 PM
I think she's saying that if Obama does go to war in Iran, he'll be popular enough with the neocons to retain his seat.

Therefore, if he doesn't, the next President absolutely needs to if he wants to retain the power.

How awful.
Very true. She didn't articulate that very well but that's exactly what she was saying. :(

catdd
02-08-2010, 03:03 PM

How awful.

Why are we the only ones that see the neocon blood lust as the core problem?

jmdrake
02-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Can't say that I do. I remember an invasion and occupation of a sovereign country by our government, but I don't remember Congress declaring war. :rolleyes:

So what? CNN and Fox News declared war. That's all that matters.

libertarian4321
02-08-2010, 07:19 PM
"Palin Thinks..."

There's a first time for everything, I guess.

bunklocoempire
02-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Why are we the only ones that see the neocon blood lust as the core problem?

No fear = no intervention/blood lust.

The neocons love pushing the fear. The neocon voters will not 'herd' without the fear whip driving them.

The neocons will never encourage their voters to examine themselves, that would require true courage.

Take fear away and control is lost.

It kills me that Palin is actually saying this, without actually saying it. It kills me that it is so obvious yet none of her adoring throngs want to piece it together.

:(

Bunkloco

Icymudpuppy
02-08-2010, 10:07 PM
War is the Health of the State.

You cannot have fiscal conservatism and Agressive foreign policy at the same time. They are mutually exclusive.

War always means bigger goverment.

Matt Collins
02-08-2010, 10:48 PM

You cannot have fiscal conservatism and Agressive foreign policy at the same time. They are mutually exclusive.

War always means bigger goverment.Thus conservatism and agressive foreign policy are opposites.

catdd
02-08-2010, 11:04 PM

You cannot have fiscal conservatism and Aggressive foreign policy at the same time. They are mutually exclusive.

War always means bigger government.

If these new TeaOcons only realized that.

Dianne
02-08-2010, 11:29 PM
Palin doesn't think. When I look at her, I think of lobsters, for some reason. She's the perfect Stepford Wife.. hmmmmmm I have to rethink that. Actually Palin has been a failure at everything she has undertaken.

And I believe she will fail again, in her sinister hijacking of the grassroots tea party movement.
Truth against evil.. let's hope truth will prevail.

Dianne
02-08-2010, 11:41 PM
Palin doesn't think, she has no mind. Who thought that for her? If it's not on her hand, it doesn't exist.

moostraks
02-09-2010, 06:40 AM
"Palin Thinks..."

There's a first time for everything, I guess.

:D

moostraks
02-09-2010, 06:42 AM
Thus conservatism and agressive foreign policy are opposites.

exactly!

moostraks
02-09-2010, 06:46 AM
No fear = no intervention/blood lust.

The neocons love pushing the fear. The neocon voters will not 'herd' without the fear whip driving them.

The neocons will never encourage their voters to examine themselves, that would require true courage.

Take fear away and control is lost.

It kills me that Palin is actually saying this, without actually saying it. It kills me that it is so obvious yet none of her adoring throngs want to piece it together.

:(

Bunkloco

It kills me we will be arguing this issue with the very same people (adoring throngs) on this forum who claim to agree with our ideals but have no grasp on the very fact that a non-interventionist policy is a necessity to implement them.

Aratus
02-09-2010, 10:12 AM
john adams lost the presidency during the election of the year 1800 precisely because
he avoided a popular war against france, and thusly his party bolted from underneath him!
barack obama right now is stuck with making sense of the W's "stratigery" decisions ...!