PDA

View Full Version : Poll from The Hill: 74% of Insiders say Congress will NOT pass Audit The Fed Bill

bobbyw24
02-08-2010, 06:13 AM
ďDespite the heat and light generated around the hearing and the toughest re-nomination vote in the history of the Fed, Washington insiders clearly believe Congress will honor the Fedís independence when it comes to monetary policy,Ē said Travis Larson, senior vice president in FDís public affairs practice. ďThatís good news for the business and finance communities,

More at

http://libertypulse.com/article/4168

MN Patriot
02-08-2010, 06:43 AM
Hardly surprising. But at least people are waking up to how the Fed decreases their prosperity, and enriches the political class at their expense. The battle continues...

bobbyw24
02-08-2010, 07:01 AM
Hardly surprising. But at least people are waking up to how the Fed decreases their prosperity, and enriches the political class at their expense. The battle continues...

Precisely. It is amazing that so many new people and Congresspersons are even discussing the Fed and its impact on their finances. Never thought I'd see the day. When I was a kid, my grandfather used to complain about the Fed and talk about Ron Paul and Henry Gonzales. I am sure my grandfather is up there smiling about this . . .

LittleLightShining
02-08-2010, 07:04 AM
Of course they won't. They would have had to if a discharge petition was issued. Unfortunately it was not and the momentum is lost.

MsDoodahs
02-08-2010, 09:17 AM
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/80111-insider-poll-financial-reform-passes-in-2010-fed-audit-fails

Nemesis
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Of course they won't audit it.

devil21
02-08-2010, 02:52 PM
So Audit the Fed has passed the House already. Where now can it get tripped up? The Senate not incorporate S604 into their "regulatory reform" bill and pass it, so when the conference committee gets together, just strip out the 1207 language from the House version?

That seems to me to be the only way to kill 1207/604. Anybody else have thoughts? We gotta think ahead on this. If "insiders" say it won't pass then there's already a plan of some sort in place to kill it.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Come on people. How much evidence do you need to get you to believe that "our representatives" are defacto royalty. They are above the law. They are beholden to no one (except the almighty dollar from corporations). They send out decries that are against liberty and the peoples wishes. Hell the Magna Carta gave British people much more liberty and freedom than we have!

LittleLightShining
02-08-2010, 02:59 PM
So Audit the Fed has passed the House already. Where now can it get tripped up? The Senate not incorporate S604 into their "regulatory reform" bill and pass it, so when the conference committee gets together, just strip out the 1207 language from the House version?

That seems to me to be the only way to kill 1207/604. Anybody else have thoughts? We gotta think ahead on this. If "insiders" say it won't pass then there's already a plan of some sort in place to kill it.

1207 is dead already, included as an amendment to the banking reform bill that gave the Fed more power. S 604 is still at the game but is currently sitting on the bench.

devil21
02-08-2010, 03:12 PM
1207 is dead already, included as an amendment to the banking reform bill that gave the Fed more power. S 604 is still at the game but is currently sitting on the bench.

Im not clear what you're saying here. 1207 language was incorporated into the House reform bill and there will be a Senate counterpart if they actually want to pass the reforms. 604 could/would/should be incorporated into the Senate bill just like the House version. Then both bills reconciled in conference committee (unless both texts are the same). The Audit is not dead. The circumstances aren't ideal but it's not "dead" either.