PDA

View Full Version : Palin still proud to support Rand

itshappening
02-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Put this in a press release Mr Adams!

-

Palin defends Rand Paul endorsement

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) defended her endorsement of anti-establishment Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul, saying that she agrees with his domestic agenda "for the most part."

Paul is running in a primary against Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson, who is backed by GOP establishment figures such as Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (Ky.)

Asked by "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace why she endorsed Paul, Palin said “Because he's a federalist and he wants the states to have more say and as we respect the 10th Amendment in our Constitution, he wants the states to have more say in a lot of these issues."

Palin's endorsement of Paul is one example of the tension between the conservative grass-roots and the Republican Party establishment, which have clashed on the best way to defeat Democrats. The former governor has brushed off the notion of tension within the party, saying that competitive primaries are good for the GOP.

Rand Paul is the son of libertarian Republican Rep. Ron Paul, who is a favorite of the Tea Party movement but is out of step with the majority of his party in Congress.

The younger Paul supports many of the policies his father does that are not favored by other Republicans, such as the closure of the Guantanamo Bay military prison and the restrictions on federal drug law enforcement.

Palin has staked out a position among the national security hawks in the Republican Party, which puts her at odds with Paul.

"But nobody is ever going to find a perfect candidate," she added. "There are things that I don't agree with Rand Paul, and yet his domestic policies for the most part, I do agree with."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/80077-palin-defends-rand-paul-endorsement

Flash
02-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Actually she said she is proud to support Rond Paul, not sure who he is. Haha.

Asked by "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace why she endorsed Paul, Palin said “Because he's a federalist and he wants the states to have more say and as we respect the 10th Amendment in our Constitution, he wants the states to have more say in a lot of these issues."

Isn't this the view the Founding Fathers had? I think it would've been a good opportunity for Palin to clarify if she was a Federalist or not.

LibertyEagle
02-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Put this in a press release Mr Adams!

Uh, is it just me, because I'm not seeing that as all that positive. Too much equating him to Ron.

pacelli
02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Is she absolutely positive that she endorsed Rand? She stated Ron.

No1ButPaul08
02-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Uh, is it just me, because I'm not seeing that as all that positive. Too much equating him to Ron.

I think it's just you, she doesn't even mention Ron's name (unless I'm missing something not in the article). Just run the quote about Federalism and the 10th Amendment. It's perfect

Edit: Just saw the video, and while I was wrong about Ron's name (even though she probably meant Rand) the quote itself is still good without the video (which is how I originally saw it.)

angelatc
02-07-2010, 10:15 AM
I thought she handled it very well. She talked about the 10th Amendment and stood by her decision.

Cowlesy
02-07-2010, 10:16 AM
I KNEW Chris Wallace would go after her on that.

He's my Public Enemy No. 1 on Fox News. I can't stand that snively little scum-sucking twit.

Flash
02-07-2010, 10:17 AM

He's my Public Enemy No. 1 on Fox News. I can't stand that snively little scum-sucking twit.

Anyone that uses a fake TV voice probably suffers from mental issues.

angelatc
02-07-2010, 10:18 AM

Me either. DH was watching the interview and said something along the lines of liking Chris Wallace, and he had grown into his father's shoes....I responded with profanity.

itshappening
02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
I think we should ask that Wallace be fair and interview Rand, give him a good examination. I am sure he will do well

Flash
02-07-2010, 10:30 AM
I think we should ask that Wallace be fair and interview Rand, give him a good examination. I am sure he will do well

I don't see it happening:
YouTube - Ron Paul Deprecated by Chris Wallace at GOP Debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLnP8VuoV4)

Wallace is a scumbag with an agenda.

MRoCkEd
02-07-2010, 10:31 AM
This is repeating the lie that Rand wants to shut down GITMO

itshappening
02-07-2010, 10:33 AM
So what Mrocked, rather than be talked about or talked to than ignored which is what they tried to do

BuddyRey
02-07-2010, 10:44 AM
Anyone that uses a fake TV voice probably suffers from mental issues.

LOL! That's what I've always thought too. It sounds like such an affectation. Somehow, I can't imagine him asking his wife to pass him the peas & carrots at the dinner table with that voice.

Matt Collins
02-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Is she absolutely positive that she endorsed Rand? She stated Ron.
YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A)

Matt Collins
02-07-2010, 11:07 AM

He's my Public Enemy No. 1 on Fox News. I can't stand that snively little scum-sucking twit.Chris Wallace 'Hopes' Sarah Palin Sits On His Lap Sunday (VIDEO)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/04/chris-wallace-hopes-sarah_n_449693.html

Chieftain1776
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I hope the campaign corrects FNS about the GITMO smear. I found a transcript of the FNS appearance (http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2010/02/sarah_palin_tea_party_no_sit_d.html):

WALLACE: You recently stirred up some controversy as you often do, even when you endorsed Rand Paul as the Senate, he's running in the Senate primary in Kentucky the GOP Senate primary. And Bill Kristol, your long-time supporter was upset with you because one of the things he pointed out, Paul wants to close Guantanamo. He wants to send the detainees back to Afghanistan. He wants to repeal the Patriot Act. He wants to do away with any federal role in either gay marriage or drug laws, leave it to the states. Why would you support a guy like that?

PALIN: Because he's a federalist and he wants the states to have more say and as we respect the 10th Amendment in our Constitution, he wants the states to have more say in a lot of these issues. But nobody is ever going to find a perfect candidate. There are things that I don't agree with Rand Paul, and yet his domestic policies for the most part, I do agree with. He wants limited government. He wants the Feds to start taking their hands off states issues and I respect that and I'm proud to support him. Again, never finding a perfect candidate, no doubt he disagrees with me on a whole lot of issues. But proud to support him and others whom I can believe in.

Chieftain1776
02-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Here's the video. It's @3:00. That's b.s. that Bill Kristol--literally the leader of the neoconservative movement in America-- gets to be Wallace's "source".

YouTube - Fox News Sunday - Sarah Palin's Explosive Interview With Chris Wallace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAumMz3Rh0)

UPDATE: I wrote a letter to fns@foxnews.com

Mr. Wallace,

I've found a transcript of today's show here. Assuming it is correct I'm asking you to correct the record. Dr. Paul has stated on record that he supports trying GITMO detainees in military tribunals. The confusion that his detractors have pounced on is that he was asked by a voter what to do with GITMO detainees **once Obama closed GITMO** and whether he opposed them being dropped off in the United States.

At the time it was a *done deal* and Paul was merely reacting to the voter's premise that--because of the President's order-- GITMO would be closed in 1 year and that "not guilty" detainees would be sent to America. Only recently has the political atmosphere changed so that keeping GITMO open is now again option.

Here is that exchange:

"Do you oppose the release of GITMO detainees on American soil?"

"I think they should mostly be sent back to their country of origin or to tell you the truth I'd drop them back off into battle. If you're not going to convict them and you can't convict them, or you're unclear, drop 'em off back into Afghanistan. It'd take them a while to get back over here."

Please consider editing your inaccuracy.

Malachi
02-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Here's the video. It's @3:00. That's b.s. that Bill Kristol--literally the leader of the neoconservative movement in America-- gets to be Wallace's "source".

YouTube - Fox News Sunday - Sarah Palin's Explosive Interview With Chris Wallace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAumMz3Rh0)

UPDATE: I wrote a letter to fns@foxnews.com

Mr. Wallace,

I've found a transcript of today's show here. Assuming it is correct I'm asking you to correct the record. Dr. Paul has stated on record that he supports trying GITMO detainees in military tribunals. The confusion that his detractors have pounced on is that he was asked by a voter what to do with GITMO detainees **once Obama closed GITMO** and whether he opposed them being dropped off in the United States.

At the time it was a *done deal* and Paul was merely reacting to the voter's premise that--because of the President's order-- GITMO would be closed in 1 year and that "not guilty" detainees would be sent to America. Only recently has the political atmosphere changed so that keeping GITMO open is now again option.

Here is that exchange:

"Do you oppose the release of GITMO detainees on American soil?"

"I think they should mostly be sent back to their country of origin or to tell you the truth I'd drop them back off into battle. If you're not going to convict them and you can't convict them, or you're unclear, drop 'em off back into Afghanistan. It'd take them a while to get back over here."

Please consider editing your inaccuracy.

We should email Chris Wallace the GITMO ad and have him send it to Billy Kritolfueher

YouTube - America - 20100201_012_044 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOrVeUWTLXI)

This will happen a lot people confusing Ron's position for Rands, it's been happening the whole campaign. Rand is Rand, not Ron!

pacelli
02-07-2010, 02:08 PM
YouTube - Sarah Palin on Ron Paul and Republican partisanship (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YglP4clX0A)

Thanks, I saw that. That was the only thing she said about Ron Paul during his presidential campaign.

devil21
02-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, she said she endorsed Ron Paul in that interview. Could just be a misspeak but seems kinda important to know the name of the person you're endorsing. Just another clue that it's a strategic endorsement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cq/20100207/pl_cq_politics/politics3291676_1;_ylc=X3oDMTB0Z3BjMGV2BF9TAzIxNTE xMDUEZW1haWxJZAMxMjY1NTY5NDIy

Republican former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska provided a less than vigorous defense of her endorsement of Kentucky Senate candidate Rand Paul's campaign on Sunday, vaguely referencing his "domestic" agenda while mixing him up with his father, Rep. Ron Paul of Texas.

"I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything," Palin told "Fox News Sunday" host Chris Wallace. "His domestic policies I do agree with for the most part."

"I'm proud to support him and others whom I can believe in," added Palin, who endorsed Rand Paul Feb. 1.

BamaFanNKy
02-07-2010, 05:26 PM
Oh for the Love of God. This won't be the only time someone will misspeak.

itshappening
02-07-2010, 05:28 PM
she meant Rand Paul of course and the transcripts will reflect that.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-07-2010, 05:53 PM

Mine would have to be Hannity and not too far after that is O'Reilly. Fox really has a lot of assholes. Hell Hannity ranks up there with Ed Schulz and Olbermann. Maddow is on par with O'Reilly, and Stepha-don't-care is as bad as Glenn Beck. The only good ones on Fox are Stossel and the Judge, and they aren't even on the main network. I can't stand watching any TV News/Commentary without puking in my mouth.

I'll stick with the internet. Molyneux, FTL, LvMI, Free Minds TV, Schiff, it all good.

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-07-2010, 05:56 PM
she meant Rand Paul of course and the transcripts will reflect that.

Question:

Who has more gaffes Biden or Palin?

Stump Question:

Who has a lower IQ?

ctiger2
02-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Rand should reject her endorsement afters Saturdays speech. Kabooom!

RonPaulFanInGA
02-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Gotta love how Wallace asks about the Paul endorsement and not the one the conservative base really has an issue with: the McCain one.