PDA

View Full Version : Calling for a BOYCOTT of the census.

dvictr
02-06-2010, 11:53 PM
Throw it straight in the trash.. or forward it to you representative with a letter explaining how much of a SHAM the process is.

$133,000,000.00 budget just to announce and promote participation!!! $%#% YOU

anyone know the budget for all the print material, salaries, and administration fees?

RIDICULOUS, if the boycott catches on.. we could get some media coverage showing how pointless this headcount is.

Zippyjuan
02-07-2010, 12:53 AM
A census is required by the Consititution. By not participating you could reduce the number of representatives for your state in favor of another state. You don't have to answer all the questions but I think you mostly just need to do the number of persons at the address. There is no way to trace any information back to you personally. If you don't fill it in there will be follow-up visits to your address to try to aquire the information. If you don't want to be continuously bugged about it...you don't even have to tell the truth if you don't want to. No charge of perjury.

puppetmaster
02-07-2010, 02:20 AM
they have local comercials here in Nevada from the sate....pandering for money and blaming us if they don't get it

DapperDan
02-07-2010, 02:53 AM
# of persons....done. screw em if they want more

slothman
02-07-2010, 03:48 AM
If you don't say how many people are in your state then my state will get more money and reps in Congress.

Why did you say "$133,000,000.00" with the cents included?
To make it look bigger?

At least it is being spent on something that is in the Const. rather than something that isn't.

psi2941
02-07-2010, 11:57 AM
I live in IL, so if i don't do it. Congress will be better off with less demis

__27__
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
If you don't say how many people are in your state then my state will get more money and reps in Congress.

Why did you say "$133,000,000.00" with the cents included?
To make it look bigger?

At least it is being spent on something that is in the Const. rather than something that isn't.

Asking you the color of your skin or how many cars you have in your garage is in the constitution? Care to point out where?

Tangoland
02-07-2010, 02:52 PM
good segment on the Judges show talking about this issue...