PDA

View Full Version : Senator DeMint didn't mention Schiff

Bergie Bergeron
02-05-2010, 03:51 PM
Taken from another thread:

"Conservative" Jim DeMint was on Hannity yesterday talking about how important it is to elect conservative Republicans in the primaries. He has a PAC that funds conservative Republicans against liberal Republicans.

He talked about the "brilliant" Marco Rubio and mentioned a bunch of other Senate races in various states.

No mention of Schiff and no mention of Rand, despite that fact that both Schiff and Rand are running against RINOs.

No doubt about it, this is a DELIBERATE blacklisting.

Pretty bad when the Washington Post gives more props to Rand than "conservative Senate leader" Jim DeMint.

Give them hell: http://senateconservatives.com/v1/index.php?p=contact&c=

SelfTaught
02-05-2010, 03:56 PM
Just because he didn't mention them in one interview DOES NOT MEAN he doesn't support them, or will not support them in the future.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Bergie Bergeron
02-05-2010, 03:57 PM
When did he mention Peter Schiff then?

sofia
02-05-2010, 04:07 PM
Just because he didn't mention them in one interview DOES NOT MEAN he doesn't support them, or will not support them in the future.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Well, if failing to mention Rand's or Peter's names does not prove to you that DeMint is not with us

.....and if failing to give either one a dime (as he funds many others) does not prove to you that DeMint is not with us..

what's it gonna take to convince you that DeMint is part of the old boys club?

For heavens sake, you couldnt possibly get a more starker contrast between a liberal and a conservative than you have with Rand and Trey!

FSP-Rebel
02-05-2010, 04:16 PM
Thinking back, DeMint did endorse and fund Rubio even though he was down in the polls. At this point, Rand should be a no-brainer for him. Perhaps, he's just waiting for the Palin endorsement to run its course. Maybe he thinks his Org's endorsement will get more attention if it's not piggybacked on Palin's.

Hopefully, I'm speculating correctly here.

jabf2006
02-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Thinking back, DeMint did endorse and fund Rubio even though he was down in the polls. At this point, Rand should be a no-brainer for him. Perhaps, he's just waiting for the Palin endorsement to run its course. Maybe he thinks his Org's endorsement will get more attention if it's not piggybacked on Palin's.

Hopefully, I'm speculating correctly here.

Rubio is establishment.

ctiger2
02-05-2010, 04:49 PM
Demint will never endorse Schiff or Rand.

Koz
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I heard the interview. He didn't endores Schiff or Rand. He mentioned Chuck Devore though. Hannity moved right on to Fiorina.

DeMint to me is more Reagan conservative. Maybe not big government progressive republican, but not small government conservative either. I think somewhere in the middle.

Better than McCain and Graham type Repubs, but not even close to Liberty minded.

FSP-Rebel
02-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Rubio is establishment.
To us he is, but other more mainstream tea partiers see him as the real conservative in the race. However, I can see Rand getting an SCF's endorsement because he postures himself in a more conservative way and already has some hefty conservative PAC support. Conversely, Schiff is unmistakably a fiscal libertarian and doesn't hold back his rhetoric which maybe tough for a conservative DeMint to accept.