PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for nothing Senator DeMint

sofia
02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
"Conservative" Jim DeMint was on Hannity yesterday talking about how important it is to elect conservative Republicans in the primaries. He has a PAC that funds conservative Republicans against liberal Republicans.

He talked about the "brilliant" Marco Rubio and mentioned a bunch of other Senate races in various states.

No mention of Schiff and no mention of Rand, despite that fact that both Schiff and Rand are running against RINOs.

No doubt about it, this is a DELIBERATE blacklisting.

Pretty bad when the Washington Post gives more props to Rand than "conservative Senate leader" Jim DeMint.

Stary Hickory
02-05-2010, 03:34 PM
Yea Demint is kind of pissong me off. He is one of the better Republicans, but he plays politics more than I like. Rand Paul should be on his radar. However remember the Republican political machine wants Grayson to win....so for Demint maybe not talking about it is the safest thing to do.

sofia
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Yea Demint is kind of pissong me off. He is one of the better Republicans, but he plays politics more than I like. Rand Paul should be on his radar. However remember the Republican political machine wants Grayson to win....so for Demint maybe not talking about it is the safest thing to do.

Playing it safe = selling out

If he cant back Rand and Schiff now, do you really think he'll work with them in the Senate?

By the way, DeMint is an ex-Democrat.

Bergie Bergeron
02-05-2010, 03:39 PM
Give them hell: http://senateconservatives.com/v1/index.php?p=contact&c=

I just did ;)

Stary Hickory
02-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Playing it safe = selling out

If he cant back Rand and Schiff now, do you really think he'll work with them in the Senate?

Well Demint is a staunch conservative(as defined by today's terms). There is no room for his type in the Democratic party any more. I think he will work with Rand and Schiff in the Senate he tried to take on the FED. I think he is politically aware, and I don't know what he really wants to do. It's not what I would like, but he is at least better than the rest to a degree. If there were more Demints in the senate the audit the FED bill would have gotten through.

sofia
02-05-2010, 03:46 PM
give them hell: http://senateconservatives.com/v1/index.php?p=contact&c=

i just did ;)

thanks for the address...i just ripped him a new one as well.

Bergie Bergeron
02-05-2010, 03:47 PM
No money for you, SCF !

specsaregood
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM

Max, I'm surprised you have dug into his relationship with "the family" and how he used to stay at the C street house. Interesting stuff that group. They scrubbed his associations with the group from its wiki right after an expose book came out.

sofia
02-05-2010, 04:09 PM
Max, I'm surprised you have dug into his relationship with "the family" and how he used to stay at the C street house. Interesting stuff that group. They scrubbed his associations with the group from its wiki right after an expose book came out.

i know nothing about this.....sounds intersting.

what's that all about?

specsaregood
02-05-2010, 04:17 PM
i know nothing about this.....sounds intersting.
what's that all about?

I actually have the mp3s of the coast to coast am episode where the author of the book discusses and talks about them. Send me a pm if you want them and I'll give you a download link.

They used to have him listed on the wiki page about the group/cult.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=The_Family_%28Christian_political_ organization%29&diff=315212325&oldid=315211841

Of course you can see now he isn't listed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fellowship_(Christian_organization)

Researcher Jeff Sharlet discussed the frightening connection between power and fundamentalism in a secretive cult called "The Family", that teaches Washington lawmakers that people chosen for leadership are above morality. "The word that they like to use is 'invisible,'" he said of the organization which includes both Republican and Democratic politicians and judges. Sharlet stressed, "This is not a left-right issue, this is a secret group issue."

He detailed the roots of the organization, beginning in 1935 when the founder of the group had a visitation by God and was told that he must be "the missionary to and for the powerful." According to Sharlet, one of the guiding principles behind "The Family," both then and now, was that "democracy is finished." As such, the goal of the organization is to usher in an "age of minority control," which would, of course, see the group members as that controlling minority. Chillingly, this agenda culminates in the return of Jesus only after "a thousand years of government according to His order through them."

Sharlet also revealed some of the political machinations of "The Family," beginning with their attempts to destroy labor unions in the 1940's. He explained how the motivation behind this action was because the group believed that "any attempt by working people to improve their situation is an affront to God." However, it is in the international sphere where "The Family" yields much of it's power, Sharlet said. He noted that they are responsible for a lot of legislation which sends money to countries rich in natural resources but also led by brutal dictators whom "The Family" also deem as "chosen by God

Bergie Bergeron
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Nice info there !